Skyrise

Nato G

IC: Mirror - Second Breath (Tesara Streets)

Just how lost was this guy? At least he was starting to lower his guard. Mirror slowly started to lower his hands. "The... the Great Spirit died... and a Makuta took his place. There were days of terror and death, but then... Mata Nui returned to slay the Makuta, and bring us to this new world. B-but... it's not perfect, and many struggle to survive. Y-you sell fruits that remind people of our old world..."

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

Ailun shrugged and awkwardly turned back to the guns. "You know... earlier, when you went to sleep in the Captain's Quarters..."

IC Dessimus - What's the hold up

After that abrupt cut-off, the pair had sat and stared at random things on their unpleasant cruise. However, it was hitting nightfall, and Dessimus' patience was running out. He tapped twice on the door leading to the high and sanctified Vortixx who thought this was for some stupid reason, a good idea to do this.

"Mind telling us anything about our voyage yet?"

Edited by Ghidora131

IC: Taurek - Talking to the guards

I arrived at the gates, and walked up to one of the guards outside Tesara.

"I don't suppose you're looking for a Vortixx in a Jetrax, are you?" I said almost casually, a smug grin on my face.

Edited by Aussie Bane

IC: Bai Bai - The Tower --> Babylon, New Atero

Acknowledging the lack of response from the secretary, I scuttled out of the tower. Hopefully today hasn't affected my career too much, and Hakzann hasn't decided to terminate my services, or demote me to maintenance, or banish me to the outskirts for intruding on important matters-

Okay, that last one was ridiculous. But I still couldn't help but worry. Especially now that the sun was going down, and no one was out in the streets...

I gave myself a little psychic lift to lighten my step, sprinting back home to the comfort of Babylon.

IC: Tveke - Second Breath, Tesara

"Alright, I was following you up 'til Mata Nui came back. How is that possible? He'd have to have landed somewhere, built up a strong enough support..."

I trailed off. More of the picture was clear to me again.

"Karz, that's exactly what happened, isn't it. This is that stinking planet where nothing but the driest weeds and thistles grow."

Finally, I was caught up to the present. Or at least, I was fairly positive I was.

"And you're that guard, the one that was thinking of buying from my stan- MY STAND!"

Oh karzhani's bleeding pump systems, my cart was still in the courtyard. I needed that thing! Who knows if it had gone up in smoke, or even contributed to the explosions... And I had taken one of the guards away from the conflict, and his job.

"Look, buddy, I'm sorry about leadin' you over here. My, uh, mind isn't what it used to be. Takes me back to different times, back in the old world. Could ya help a gearhead out tho', and find my cart? I'll be needin' that to live y'know."

IC: Threiaa - The Moa, Wastes

Despite her gift in engineering, she hardly felt capable of directing the machine that is a crew. But now she felt a sense of obligation to the admittedly sad looking Matoran, after his hospitality.

"Ya think... I could do a good job? Captainin' an airship loike this?"

IC: 042 - Outside New Atero, Wastes

A lone ship hung in the waning light of the dusk sky. 042 eyed the vessel as it traced looping patterns in the sky with it's exhaust. If the machine could attract it's attention somehow, it might find a way to survive the night...

But soon that proved unnecessary, as the ship sped to Maxilos 042's position, landing alongside it. The ship bore the symbol of New Atero, and from what it could see of the pilot, they appeared to have the uniform of a New Atero guard. Perhaps salvation had arrived.

"Are you of the New Atero guard?" 042 called out over the sound of engines puttering.

OOC: Seeing as to how it's been seven days, two timeskips, a setting change, and we're nowhere near anyone else, I think we're good on travel time.

IC: Saffina - The Wastes (The Crimson Takea)

Having done what she said she would by landing the Takea some distance away from the actual crash site, the Vortixx proceeded to finish implementing her own personal anti-theft measures before finally exiting the cockpit, only to immediately be pestered by the clearly impatient Matoran.

"Good things come to those who wait, Matoran," she smirked, assuming that this would remind "Velmes" of his place aboard her ship, which was still currently locked down from its previous flight. "However, in this case, I do agree that the two of you have waited long enough."

Shutting the door behind her and brandishing the map for him to see, she continued past him and down the corridor, expecting him to be not too far behind her.

"Kindly inform Ektana that we will be convening in the mess hall, would you? No use planning on an empty stomach."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Maldrakk - Cliffside, what is my purpose

It had been a long day.

After finally baiting a rather blunt Vortixx into taking him to Tesara, the Vortixx decided to dump his reputableness into Cliffside instead, flying off with a laugh as he got up from quite a long drop. Wiping the dust off of him, and staggering to his feet, he trudged into Capstone for a drink and to contemplate whoever else he could get employment from.

OOC: I'm getting very tired of having to call you out for things. 

As explained in the first post, and elaborated on further in the discussion topic, replacement vehicles/transportation can be acquired through negotiation with me, the GM. You can't just go around "baiting NPCs" to get around a staff punishment. Secondly, and this is something that's been explained to you before, travel time is something that has to be adhered to. You can't just teleport from one side of the map to the other in a single post. 

Thirdly, consider the logic of the situation. The business day is at a close; why would someone be setting off for Tesara at this time of evening? And dropping Maldrakk off at Cliffside is a pretty significant detour to take, since it would add another 2-4 hours to travel time. Besides, what about Maldrakk's house, and his belongings? Is he just abandoning all of his stuff and running off to Cliffside with literally nothing to his name? 

So, yeah. Suffice to say, you're going to need to edit. 

IC: Taurek - Talking to the guards

I arrived at the gates, and walked up to one of the guards outside Tesara.

"I don't suppose you're looking for a Vortixx in a Jetrax, are you?" I said almost casually, a smug grin on my face.

GM IC: Those Two Guards - Tesara. 

The two Bo-Matoran exchanged a glance. "We might be." 

Having done what she said she would by landing the Takea some distance away from the actual crash site, the Vortixx proceeded to finish implementing her own personal anti-theft measures before finally exiting the cockpit

GM IC: ??? - Plateau.

In the dimness of the growing evening, something lurked.

Something that found the airship's arrival very interesting.  

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Mirror - Second Breath (Tesara Streets)

Mirror dropped his hands to his sides and smiled with relief. "I'd be happy to... it's getting dark, we should hurry."

Maybe there would still be time to help in the Marketplace...

Ailun shrugged again, still turning away at a bolt. "Sounds like you know what you're doing... though maybe I should show you around the bridge first."

IC: Karanta - the NERD CREW

Karanta continued patting Fifteen awkwardly on the head. She couldn't really stop...that would be even more awkward at this point, really. At least in her mind.

IC: Ennanas - The Wastes

Ennanas had taken off in the Ahab some time ago. There was little else for her to do near the Moa, after all. Clearly Aliun had no other information, and there were no beasts there.

Her ship flew through the air, making rounds around the outskirts of New Atero, venturing even further than the Moa. Her eyes scanned the canyons below, glued to the shadows. After all, the beasts moved in those shadows...and the sun was beginning to set. If there were any beasts, Ennanas would be there and ready to hunt. It was what she did best, after all.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

OOC: Seeing as to how it's been seven days, two timeskips, a setting change, and we're nowhere near anyone else, I think we're good on travel time.

Having done what she said she would by landing the Takea some distance away from the actual crash site, the Vortixx proceeded to finish implementing her own personal anti-theft measures before finally exiting the cockpit, only to immediately be pestered by the clearly impatient Matoran.

"Good things come to those who wait, Matoran," she smirked, assuming that this would remind "Velmes" of his place aboard her ship, which was still currently locked down from its previous flight. "However, in this case, I do agree that the two of you have waited long enough."

Shutting the door behind her and brandishing the map for him to see, she continued past him and down the corridor, expecting him to be not too far behind her.

"Kindly inform Ektana that we will be convening in the mess hall, would you? No use planning on an empty stomach."

IC Dessimus - a heartlessy meal and an exchange of information

"Good." He abruptly snapped to Saffina's decision that it had been long enough. Absolutely no info for the whole voyage until now? The wait was more than long enough.

He stepped back into the room momentarily that Ektana was in- Ektana, peculiar name- to inform her of the recent developments. "We're meeting in the 'mess hall' for a meal. Bring your alka seltzer. Maybe now we'll finally be getting answers."

He retreated down the corridor to the aforementioned mess hall. If any of this food is poisoned... Well, it's lights out, that's what.

Edited by Ghidora131

"Out with it, then." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: I'd post as Rorohiko but then I'd probably have to have him stop patting Fifteen's back and we can't do that until Xaril joins in.

~

IC: Armani - With 042

Armani did not need to call over the sound of the engine. Her natural voice was entirely capable of slicing through the maelstrom of battle like a javelin; one engine was not enough to even put a dent in the clarity.

"Greetings!" she said cheerfully, dismounting. She hadn't really gotten a good look at the stranger yet; she was busying herself with finding something in her vehicle. "I am Lieutenant Armani, and I certainly am from the New Atero Guard! Are you in need of a lift, citizen?"

~

OOC: I was originally going to have her be the very model of a modern major general but apparently that is a ridiculously high rank and also not part of the ranking system Nato is using, from offsite questions I have asked on the topic. Also I wasn't sure if Coconut Fanatic would have 042 know Armani, so he can decide whether or not they know each other.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: 042 - Outside New Atero, Wastes

Oh, this "Armani" was quite larger than 042 had expected. Larger than most inhabitants of the universe that it had encountered. A mental note was made to make the best attempts never to irk her. 

The machine saluted, and said, "Soldier Maxilos 042, acknowledging Lieutenant Armani,"

"My ship was destroyed while pursuing an interloper, as well as both legs suffering critical damage. I am certainly in need of transport."

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Taurek - Outside Tesara

"Yeah....no. Gonna need some incentive first." My eyes narrowed as I said this.

"What kind of-" one of the guards seemed open to the idea, but was swiftly cut off by his superior.

"How about instead, we arrest you as an accessory, and torture the information out of you?"

. I was hoping I could swindle them, but apparently Tesaran guards weren't as corrupt as the other village's. It was at that moment that I realized that I'd left my launcher back at the Deliverance . I swore under my breath.

I still had my sword if necessary, however.

"Not sounding like a great plan to me, I'd actually prefer some payment of some kind. I'd be happy to just walk off, if you want." I suggested, my left hand slowly creeping towards my sword.

Edited by Aussie Bane

"Just to be clear, I was kidding about the torture," the guard quickly amended, "But we will arrest you." 

The guards exchanged a confused glance. "What's that got to do with you withholding pertinent information from us?" 

"Look pal, we may be two lowly Matoran guards, but we aint stupid."

"You give us information, and if it proves useful, you might get a reward," the second guard agreed, "We don't just give cash handouts to anyone who walks up to us claiming to know something." 

"I'm sorry to hear that," with that, the Matoran let out a shrill whistle, a signal to the other patrols within earshot. The sound of running footsteps began to echo through the night as the nearby guards began to converge. 

Stepping through the doorway, the duo would soon find themselves greeted by the standard trappings and fixtures one would come to expect from the dining areas of most commercial airships. Positioned along the walls sat tables large enough to seat a large crew, most of which were expected to remain empty, for obvious reasons. Towards the back of the room sat an actual kitchen, stocked with various types of cookware hanging from their place on the ceiling, a few different appliances to facilitate the actual preparation of meals, and two additional doors leading into the ship's pantry and walk-in freezer, respectively. A variety of spices and non-perishable ingredients sat upon the counter tops, simply waiting for the right individual to come along and use them in a culinary masterpiece fit for a king.

Unfortunately, however, any dreams the pair might have had about filling up on a home-cooked meal were about to be dashed, as Saffina herself wasn't much of a chef.

Letting the others situate themselves wherever, the Vortixx briefly made her way towards the pantry, procuring three of the MREs she had previously purchased in bulk from a group of military deserters back in Cliffside before unceremoniously dumping two of them on the table for the Skakdi and Matoran. While their contents probably weren't the best thing they'd ever tasted, at least they couldn't complain about not having been fed, and any potential concerns about her poisoning them were now more or less alleviated, as it would've been easily noticeable if someone had indeed tampered with the packets beforehand.

On the flipside, though, if one of them proved to be incapable of something as simple as preparing their own food, then they could always be used as cannon fodder...

"Dig in," she said, placing the map on the table and unraveling it for all to see. "The marker nearest to our current position represents the remains of a Tesaran airship that was reportedly shot down by Vorox recently. The one above the valley is where they originally came under fire, and presumably the closest location we have to the main camp of their attackers. Our primary goal is to secure the crash site, and recover whatever we can in terms of cargo before anyone else decides to start snooping around in the hopes of claiming it for themselves. While not an immediate priority, should we happen to encounter any resistance from the locals, Tesara may also provide us with an additional bounty per head, as we'd effectively be assisting them by securing one of their own trade routes as well. All in all, should events proceed favorably, each and every one of us can expect a fairly lucrative payday."

She paused for a moment, letting that sink in as she started fiddling with her own food.

"Any questions?"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Tveke - Second Breath --> Alleyways, Tesara

"Thanks bud," I said on my way out.

Not wasting any time waiting for the guard to collect himself, I started walking.

IC: Threiaa - The Moa, Wastes

Threiaa barked out a good few laughs.

"Yeah, that you should. No promises that I won't give you a few pointers on bridge design, tho."

IC Dessimus - suspicious catering, interesting details

He picked up the package and eyed it carefully and gingerly from top to bottom, as if he was trying to figure out how to open it. When she started speaking, though, he abruptly stopped and fixated his full attention on what was happening. After she stopped, he immediately opened the food package without even thinking about it.

"Must have been pretty poor pilots, to be shot down by Vorox." He said, slightly glancing at the Vortixx. "What if things don't go, favourably? what else are we up against?"

"I would suggest you put down your weapon, sir," the guard growled.

"Unless you want us to add resisting arrest and assaulting a Tesaran guard to your charges." 

"Now put these on," the Matoran who'd spoken held out a pair of handcuffs. 

"You... do realise this is an arrest, right?"

"Handcuffs are kind of mandatory." 

I swallowed my pride for once, and held out my hands.

I could have killed both of these guards and made a run for it.

But Tesara had always been somewhat of a haven for me, it was the first place I ran to when I escaped from that Fe-Matoran.

Killing these guards would have been an act of rebellion for them.

"Thank you for your cooperation," one of the Matoran snickered, securing the cuffs around Taurek's wrists.

Right on cue, the first of the guards responding to the Matoran's whistle arrived, disappointment clear on their faces at the realisation they'd missed out on the action. "Take this guy to holding, and find Captain Jira. He claims to know something about the Vortixx we've been looking for." 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Silvana - The Wastes. 

While that conversation was taking place, the Vortixx in question had fished her belongings out of the crevasse she'd hidden them in, and had set to work patching up her ship.

Without materials or tools, the amount she could accomplish was limited, but since one of the engines was still entirely intact, and she'd been able to land the Jetrax without crashing it outright, she was hoping she could coax enough life back into the damaged engine to achieve liftoff, and limp the rest of the way to Cliffside. 

It was either that, or walk. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Something Nasty - New Atero. 

The night was quiet, as most nights were in the settlement of New Atero. 

That was, until a flare rocketed upwards from one of guard towers just beyond New Atero's walls, a moment before the entire tower came tumbling down in a cacophony of splintering wood and screeching metal. 

Guards and civilians alike rushed for the city's walls, eager to get a better view of whatever was happening. The sight that greeted them - that of a seething, glistening monstrosity scuttling up and over the tower's wreckage - was enough to send most of them running straight back the way they had come. 

The creature from the chasm had, at last, arrived. 

IC: Mirror - Tesara Streets

Mirror followed along silently, mostly at ease in the quiet streets of Tesara. But still the feeling of danger lingered at every corner, and Mirror's hand gradually found his way to his sword.

Ailun chuckled along before he was interrupted by a grumble of crumbling stone. He glanced at Threiaa before slipping his wrench back into his belt and darting for the door.

IC: Fifteen - Capstone

She ducked under the assault of pats and waved them off halfheartedly. "Get off me!" she giggled.

IC Maldrakk - The Very Hungry Caterpillar

He came out of his house with a bundle over his back - maps, drawings, and a newly completed sketch of the experimental vehicle were stowed away in his armour. The bundle contained a sleeping mat, among other things, and a few pressed flowers, whatever had managed to spring to life in the busy streets had been snipped and stowed away whenever he could find them. And any amounts of money were here and there in different amounts. Looks like Hakkzan didn't get to the banks fast enough, maybe? or was he being generous? whatever the cause, I need to find that one gullible Skrall Armani, maybe she could- WHAT IN THUNDER?!

The unspeakable monster crawled up the side of New Atero, sending people running left and right. He instinctively clapped his hand to his head to fire a blast of impact vision at it- probably completely in vain- when he realized something.

Why do I care?

Instead, he turned and bolted towards the parking area, hoping desperately that somehow, in this ensuing chaos, his previous abode here would be demolished and the temptation to return forever gone.

IC: Karanta - Capstone with the NERD CREW

Karanta stopped patting Fifteen and laughed. "Alright, alright, if ya say so. We should get going, anyways. It's getting late," she said.

IC: Ennanas - Hunting her prey outside New Atero

Ennanas had begun flying back towards New Atero once the sun had dipped below the horizon. The lack of visible prey left her feeling somewhat dejected, but nevertheless she flew back towards the city. She silently parsed her thoughts, watching the ground for any odd movement as she flew towards her nighttime hunting grounds. She did not enjoy hunting the creatures at night - after all, night made it harder to see her prey struggling and writhing as she brought about its end. The extra challenge brought about by night was somewhat welcome, though.

The Ahab hummed softly as it sliced through the air, swiftly making way back to New Atero. By the time she could see the city, the world was firmly in the grasp of darkness. She scanned the ground, looking for something-

A burning blast of red light flew up from one of New Atero's guard towers. Ennanas' gaze was drawn towards it, but only for a second. She knew what it meant. Her eyes snapped down towards the ground, scanning the ground for the quarry that New Atero was being assaulted by. Her eyes locked onto it. It was a massive, throbbing beast that was preoccupied with hunting it's own prey: New Atero. The tower which launched the flare seemed to shriek in agony as the monstrosity ripped it down. A mass of wood, metal, and stone tumbled onto the walls of New Atero, the noise reverberating through the air. The people within the city obviously were aware something was happening - and ennanas could only assume they were panicking.

She smiled. Finally, she thought happily, prey. The hunt begins at last.

Her ship boosted forwards, closer to the hideous beast. A good hunter always took stock of their quarry before engaging, and Ennanas considered herself one of the best hunters. Her ship flew a considerable distance above the monstrosity, hopefully out of its range. Her eyes scanned over the creature, taking note of every hideous, writhing portion of its gargantuan body. Every limb, every appendage, every eye. She made note of these things, looking for any possible vulnerable spot on it. Eyes were always a good bet, but on these things she couldn't be certain it was the best bet. Ennanas flew past the beast, and began plotting a means of attack. She had to plan this carefully. This monster was bigger than anything she had faced...which made her all the more excited to take it down.

Edited by Monado Girl

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian