Jump to content

Recommended Posts

IC: Taurek - Tesara Streets

 

I resisted the urge to take offense at the term "Biomech". There was still a little bit of tension in some places between organics and biomechanics. This child however, clearly did not mean it in a malicious manner.

 

"My species aren't exactly known for being small. We're usually used as slave labor, or hired muscle. I've experienced both sides of that coin." I explained, kneeling down to talk to the Zesk.


Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Garuda - Tesara Streets

 

She slowly drifted from side to side as she met Taurek's eyes with the grave soberiety only a child can manage. "What are you doing now?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ennanas - Kicking it into overdrive
 
The harpoon penetrated the monster's skull with a satisfying - albeit disgusting - crunch. Ennanas smirked, and wrenched her ship hard to the right. The Ahab's engines screamed as she turning the ship swiftly to the right. Hopefully the creature would come with her before the chain ran out...she didn't feel like losing another harpoon to a beast. They were expensive.
 
Her ship turned hard, until she faced away from the city. The moment the Ahab pointed away from the city, she hit her boosters. She had to drag it off the wall...or rip out its skull. Whichever came first. If one came first, that is. Her thumb hovered over the harpoon release, just in case the beast refused to budge.

IC: Karanta - NERD CREW

 

Karanta looked at Rorohiko, surprise plainly painted across her features. "Why would you pay us? I mean, I kinda came here 'cause I wanted to just...y'know, get out and see the world a bit more. You don't need to pay me unless you really wanna," she said quickly, before adding, "Though being paid extra is nice..."

Edited by Monado Girl

1Ydp0mg.jpg


Steam name: Ehksidian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Garuda - Tesara Streets

 

"Really?" She dropped from the doorway, landing evenly on all four feet before looking back to Taurek. "Didya catch any good ones?"

 

 

IC: Fifteen - Capstone

 

It seems her suspicions were unfounded. Turning back to the others, she shook her head at Rorohiko, indicating her agreement with Karanta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taurek - Tesara Streets

 

"Wait! Have you seen a mechanic around I could go visit? My vehicle is pretty screwed right now." I asked, running towards the Skyfighter.


Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Something Nasty - New Atero.

 

The beast struggled against the tortuous tugging, anchoring itself to the ground and walls and pulling against Ennanas' harpoon with all the strength its many limbs could muster. A splintering sound could be heard from the site of the harpoon impact, bone and shell breaking apart as the bloody tug-o'-war continued. 

 

As it did, a sickly glow began to spread across the monster's body. Most of the rhotuka launchers that the Visorak had possessed had been rendered inoperable, melted or fused or twisted out of shape. But a scant few remained intact, and it was these that the monstrosity began to launch, the resulting barrage of spinners fanning out from its body in every direction. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kathok  - Above the Wastes

 

"Cease hostilities?!" Kathok replies viciously over the wind. "You attacked me!" But his stubbornness is wearing thin, though he'd hate to admit it. He doesn't know where this 'Silvana' is: it would probably be best to stay in the air and search, but he's bored of this slog of a fight. He needs to find some way of getting to her, and better yet convincing this brat that he should conveniently leave the premises...

 

Kathok stops for a second in his lightning-fast thoughts. Why is he even doing this? On an unsubstantiated suspicion? On a whim? Out of curiosity, out of boredom? Just for the sake of finishing the job he's started? Kathok decides that it's probably a mixture of the lot, and moreover that it doesn't matter at all. He's here now: he hasn't got where he is today by looking back. On the other hand, 'where he is today' doesn't seem to be too fantastic...

 

No. Doubt is for cowards, real fighters like Kathok live on good, thick resolve. "Whose side are you on?" he blurts out, still clearly bitter. "Who do you work for? You owe me that much information at least!"


.


Kathok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Garuda - Tesara Streets

 

"Sure! Follow me!" She flipped into the pilot seat and revved the Sand Bat's engines. "Watch your head," she giggled as she took off at a slow pace down the street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukann - Above the Wastes

"I work for my own paycheck, wherever it comes from. Now where do you want me to drop you off?"


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Garuda - Tesara Streets

 

Fortunately, the nearest mechanic wasn't far. He was actually a close friend of Garuda's, that is to say, he didn't throw things whenever she passed by. Just a few turns later and Garuda was gently setting the Sand Bat down outside. She flipped off the skyfighter and waved grandly at the entrace. "Tada!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taurek - Tesara Streets

 

I stopped to catch my breath, looking up at the Zesk.

"T....thanks.....kid." I said, panting inbetween words.

 

"What's....your....name?" I asked.


Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ennanas - RIP AND TEAR

 

Ennanas gritted her teeth as the hideous creature's skull cracked and gushed disgusting green ichor. Her engines let out a torturous scream as they were pushed to their very limits, thrusting as hard as they could. Numerous Rhotuka flew by her ship, narrowly missing it as she continued to wrench away the beast's skull. One energy ring clipped the edge of her wing, ripping off some metal. Ennanas cursed, hoping she would be able to tear this thing away before it damaged her ship even more.

 

She ducked down into her ship, doing her best to avoid any Rhotuka hitting her head.


1Ydp0mg.jpg


Steam name: Ehksidian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Something Nasty - New Atero. 

 

Finally, the Visorak chunks that Ennanas had skewered tore free of the rest of the creature, taking a sizeable chunk out of its multi-faceted head. The beast bellowed in pain, and collapsed, its rhotuka launchers falling silent. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ennanas - Prey...conquered?

 

Her ship jolted forwards unexpectedly as the skull tore free, her harpoon dragging along a sizable chunk of skull with it. The harpoon thunked against the ground, the remainder of the skull splintering off of it.

 

Ennanas let out a sigh as her engines spooled down, recuperating from the extended boost. She reeled the harpoon back in, until it returned to its launcher. Sickly green ichor dripped from it, and Ennanas grimaced. It smelled. It smelled awful. She made a mental note to clean it off as soon as she returned to the city. The Ahab turned around, and began flying towards the city, keeping a wide berth of the monster. It looked dead, but it didn't look like something that should have lived in the first place. As she flew by it, she fired off numerous force blast rounds into the open wound in an effort to make sure it was dead.

 

If it wasn't, she had more work to do.


1Ydp0mg.jpg


Steam name: Ehksidian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: Something Nasty - New Atero. 

 

Ennanas' force bolts impacted in and around the beast's gaping, mangled mouth, eliciting no reaction. 

 

That was, until a wracking shudder ran through the entirety of the monstrosity's glistening girth. There was a wet splitting sound, and the entire bloated body abruptly fractured into two serpentine tendrils. Then four, then six, then eight, and suddenly the thing was standing up on its spidery leg-tendrils, it's damaged head wailing its rage to the sky. 

 

And then it charged once more at New Atero, this time intent on simply climbing up and over the damaged segment of wall. 


___________________________________________________

My Corpus Rahkshi Profiles

My Wordpress Blog

Skyrise  Ascent

___________________________________________________

 

 

Legends Don't Last Forever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ennanas - Prey not conquered

 

Ennanas ducked her head in surprise as the beast let out a hideous, gut-wrenching noise as it began growing hideous new appendages. She cursed to herself, before preparing to engage once again.

 

Her ship dove downwards and towards the back of the beast, her force blasters aimed directly at the legs. She let out a volley of shots at the back legs as she flew forwards, careening hard to the right to avoid going under the beast. Her intent was to bust through the hideous, fleshy tendrils and cripple the beast somewhat, perhaps distract it.

 

It was difficult fighting so close to the city. If she could lure it away...


1Ydp0mg.jpg


Steam name: Ehksidian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: 042 - Outside New Atero, Wastes

The machine sighed, a sound between a synthetic whine and an air vent's exhaust. It was still clearly feeling dejected. Maxilos guard's purpose was to supervise and subdue lawbreakers. Though, the nagging weight of conscious thought and conscience made... alterations, to the parameters of operation.

"Either way, I will need to be tied to the ship. For the meantime, I will focus upon directing citizens away from danger."

 

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

While Ailun was scrabbling to the controls, Threiaa was doing just as she said; closing up and tying down everything and anything in the vicinity. After the door was shut, the scrap haul was tied down immediately after. Best not to let that slide around while they were sitting pretty up in the bridge. As soon as that was done, she gave the hold one last look before diving down the hallways.

It took her a bit longer, but she announced her presence on the bridge with a trip and heavy slap of her body on the ground.

"How she doin' mate? Er, first mate?"

 

IC: Bai Bai - Babylon

Oh crow. The engines on this ship were so out of use, they hardly sputtered into action. Kind of a sad metaphor, I guess. I might ponder the poeticism if I weren't currently trying to run for my life. I sat and waited while the dust on the consoles slowly began to vibrate.

 

IC: Tveke - Central Marketplace, Tesara

"Geez you're skittish." I commented, noting the wince and stutter, and, well, the everything.

"What brand a' madness put you in the guard, anyway?"

 

IC: Clos'utu - Cliffside

At the outskirts of cliffside, another pair of eyes stained the darkness purple, seemingly floating in the air. If you were to catch the beads of light, you'd think they might be a passing airship, or stars in the sky. Neither would be true. Eyes like these would never find a place in the heavens.

On this night, these eyes had taken particular interest in the motley group of a Turaga, a Steltian, and one of the lesser known species of Mata Nui. The eyes were content on observing for now, shrouded by night and by cloth.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

 

"She just needs some coaxing..." Ailun replied anxiously as he feathered the throttle. The Moa was making an ominous creaking noise, but soon enough it started lifting from the ground.

 

 

IC: Mirror - Tesara Marketplace

 

"Well, I... I can do things. I'm a fast learner, you could say."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tveke - Central Marketplace, Tesara

"Right, you're on a' those... mimics, I guess. Dunno what else to call ya."

My mouth was talking while my hands were rooting through debris.

 

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

"Show me how to fly and go coax 'em in person!" She said, picking herself up off the floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Mirror - Tesara Marketplace

 

"Yeah... right," Mirror replied absently. His focus was elsewhere, on something far in the distance, his hand still resting on his sword.

 

 

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

 

"I'm not sure... now's the right time for that," Ailun grunted as he turned the massive wheel, and The Moa turned about toward the empty desert, away from the chaos around New Atero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

"Well-" The engines kicked, and roared. So much for that. They were clearly moving now. In the wrong direction.

"Oy! Where d'you think we're going?"

 

IC: Tveke - Central Marketplace, Tesara

The kid was losing focus, staring into the desert. I was too busy worrying about my cart to think as to why. I just rolled my eyes, and kept searching through the broken carts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Armani - Outside New Atero

 

With her foot on her ship and a tremendous pull, she secured 042 to her ship. "That is a good decision, fellow Guard. Hang on as best you can. I'll free you in the city near the flare."

 

She nodded to her companion, and then climbed in the pilot's seat. With the flick of a few switches, she was off, flying quickly towards New Atero.

 

~

 

IC: Rorohiko - Capstone

 

"It's no trouble, really. I've got enough to spare. How about, for now, I just pay for anything you two might want here? So long as it's not, you know, illegal to have back home or anything. I can give you a... I guess it'd be a tip? I can give you a tip too, if you'd like."


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

 

"I'm getting the Karz out of here! I'm not risking my ship!" Ailun shouted as he slowly pushed up the throttle to get some distance from the monster.

 

 

IC: Mirror - Tesara Marketplace

 

He remained still as TV searched for his cart, making no move to help.

 

 

IC: Garuda - Tesara Streets

 

After a brief moment, Garuda slipped her paw out of Taurek's hand and scampered back to her craft. "Well, good luck with your ship!"

 

 

IC: Fifteen - Capstone

 

She thought it over... and ultimately, she didn't have a lot of widgets on her, and she wasn't every day she got to browse the Cliffside markets. She slowly nodded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Dessimus - not the food that's too salty

 

He glanced at Ektana. The disappointment in the response was evident upon her features, and Dessimus' were not much farther off.

 

"That is by no means satisfactory, Saffina. Firstly, Vorox are always Vorox, and they would much rather fight over a weapon capable of a hit like that rather than all agree to use it on an airship, and also know how to aim it properly. Secondly..."

 

He paused to take a small bite of the meal pack. "Secondly, if the Vorox were that capable of using a weapon like that, they would also have smuggled away anything they could get their hands on that looked potentially useful or valuable, making our entire mission pointless. But you must have thought of that in your incredible planning, so you must have known that at least some of the cargo would still be here... I assume."

 

"And finally, you really haven't provided a reason for there not being something much more powerful than the Vorox around." He almost groaned as he said that. "I'm not asking for a death charge into the main camp of the botabarawhatchacalla Vorox, I'm not looking for a plan of attack."

 

"Do you have a plan of retreat?"

 

IC: Ektana - The Wastes (The Crimson Takea)

 

It was now Ektana who nodded to 'Velmes'. He voiced all the concerns in her head that she couldn't fully put in words, and she was rather thankful to him for this.

"And even if they do have that weapon or whatever, isn't that a little weird? We're talking sand people who possibly somehow own a big gun outta nowhere in the middle of the desert. It must be one karz of a canon to shoot down an airship, too." Ektana pointed, although her tone was a bit more respectful compared to her "companion". Saffina was the host afterall, she does deserve some credit for not throwing them off the ship the moment they started talking.

 

IC: Saffina - The Wastes (The Crimson Takea)

 

"Well then, by that logic, all Vortixx are sexist ########, all Skakdi must be murderous hooligans, and all Matoran can be written off as selfless workaholics who have absolutely no social lives whatsoever."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I'll give you another moment to ponder exactly how ridiculous that sounds, though I do believe I've made my point. If it's all the same to you, I'd much rather formulate a plan around the actual capabilities of an enemy, and not just a stereotypical assumption of their species in general."

"The reason why I'm primarily planning on encountering Vorox is quite simple; that is what the survivors said attacked their ship. Considering that they were actually onboard at the time of it being shot down, managed to fight a few of them off, and also had a front row seat while they slaughtered the rest of the crew, I'd say their account of the situation is more than enough of a reason to do so. However, as the captain of this vessel, and an avid believer of the Tenth Man Rule, I assure you both that I am taking your concerns into consideration, despite the fact that the current evidence does not support the notion that their numbers are being supplemented by other beings."

"As for the weapon itself, I do agree with it being odd that they managed to acquire something like that, though like you, I am also completely unaware as to how that came to be, as the Skakdi didn't exactly stop to ask where it came from while they were fleeing for their lives. For all I know, they could've overpowered a transport previously belonging to Fe, found some ancient relic created by The Great Beings, or it could simply be some leftover technology that was jettisoned from the remains of the GSR."

Glancing back towards the map, Saffina immediately fell silent for a moment, only to reveal what she personally thought was a fairly decent plan.

"Isn't it obvious? We leave the Takea behind."

Before either Ektana or "Velmes" could voice any objections they might've had, she continued to proceed with the details.

"Seeing as to how we originally used it to arrive here, and it is the only craft capable of carrying all of our bounty, I can think of little reason why we should risk endangering it and potentially having it destroyed. Sure, it does possess the most firepower, but it is also fairly large, easily gives away our position, and would be much less maneuverable inside the valley in the event that you were correct in assuming that the wreckage has already been picked clean of anything remotely useful or valuable. Factor in our mystery weapon on top of all that, and she's effectively a sitting duck."

"The two of you will approach the initial crash site in your respective vehicles, making your presence rather obvious as you go in order to draw the attention of any hostiles lying in wait to ambush us, and hopefully tricking them into following you both back towards me, only to be overwhelmed by a volley of cannon fire. Once there, we'll secure the area and start taking inventory of what's left, grounding the Takea and utilising the Cargo Haulers to start filling up her bay with our quarry. In the event that we do have to track down their main camp after the completion of said task, the three of us will then proceed to begin our descent down into the valley, using them once again when we arrive, though this time as a distraction, while we outflank them and launch our attack from the opposite direction. That way, they will be far less likely to see us coming, we'll have the jump on them, and their advantage of technological superiority will no longer be an issue, as the opportunity to take it out of the equation will present itself long before the'll even have a chance to use it effectively."

Letting that all sink in, she finished mixing up her beverage and took a much needed drink, already mentally preparing her conclusion.

"Once the debris settles and our prize is secured, we head back towards the airship and finish loading her up before traveling back to Cliffside. And should things take a turn for the worse, we simply make our escape and get the Karz out of Dodge instead."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taurek - Tesara Streets

 

I nodded.

 

"Thanks kid!" I said, giving a mock salute.

 

Stepping into the garage, I called out for the mechanic.

 

OOC: Can Nato play the mechanic dude?


Skyrise profiles: Juno Taurek Voyin Calidus

Six Kingdoms profiles: Thom

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukann - Above the Wastes

"I work for my own paycheck, wherever it comes from. Now where do you want me to drop you off?"

 

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

 

This person is being unreasonably reasonable. But Kathok has an idea. "What, exactly, would you be willing to do for a paycheck?" he persists. The implied question is, of course, 'Would you be willing to betray a friend for a paycheck?'...


.


Kathok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukann - Above the Wastes

"I'm not here to chat with you about my career choices. Where do you want me to drop you off?"


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Dessimus - welp

 

 

"Your point is unceremoniously nulled because I am not making our defense an assumption of species traits," He growled as softly as he could. "I'm asking you to prepare for something worse than Vorox. Yes, Vorox attacked the ship, so the survivors say. But why on Bara Magna does that mean they were alone?"

 

He leaned back, idling with his lone piece of silverware. "But it appears I'm causing tension in the proceedings, so I'll move on." He glanced at the Skakdi compatriot during his sentence to see if she had somehow missed his sarcasm. "Besides, us selfless workaholics have to do something with our bleak existences."

 

"Fe does not carelessly ship its secrets around like children's toys; It would be more believable that the Vorox did this than to a Fe ship. But..."

 

And then there was a gap of silence as his mind raced over Saffina's plan. The possible factors, the Vorox- who cares the variety- taking over the ship and potentially flying it, the event of losing the cargo haulers...

 

He tapped the handle of his spoon against the table softly as he puzzled over it, finally setting it back down and glancing back up at Saffina with a soft confidence in his eyes. "There's not many gaps in that but it's the best option available. And given the night we have the visibility advantage."

 

"Touche."

Edited by Ghidora131

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

 

"Yes, yes we are!" Kathok says suddenly, still hanging (both physically and figuratively). "Your old friend is involved in a nasty deal, some important people are paying a hefty sum for her." he continues, inventing wildly. His voice is chopped up by the air. "If you help me, we'll both be rich! We're both bounty hunters, aren't we? I doubt I can manage alone..." That last past is a lie, although any knowledge this dolt has to offer will be useful.


.


Kathok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Drukann - Above the Wastes

"Yeah... that sounds like something I don't want to get involved with. I've interfered enough as it is." Drukann, for all the brutishness he had to him, was not an idiot. This was all very dodgy, and as much as he needed the money, he doubted what ever this scrawny guy was proposing would be worth it. "Now do you want me to drop you off at a settlement or do you want to walk?!"


UsVT9ln.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...