Skyrise

Nato G

IC: Rorohiko - Um

The Rock Agori shot Karanta an annoyed look as he quickly put away Rorohiko's widgets. The Onu-Matoran gave her a confused one as he struggled to stuff the box into a bag for ease of carrying. "Uh, that's fine, seriously. I already paid. I don't mind paying the actual price for things."

~

IC: Matilda - Garuda's Corner

Her sandwich-handling was interrupted by a tail in her face. She batted it away. "Is that so? Did he tell you where they got the tails from?"

She stifled a yawn. Sleep never was good when it was spent tossing about in a nightmare. She'd shake it off.

~

IC: Armani - You Ever Seen Star Wars

There wasn't much time left. It wasn't stopping, it wouldn't be deterred by their conventional weaponry. She was going to dive at it when a glint caught her eye. A steel cable, on the back of the other vehicle that was aiding her. A long one, from the glimpse she got, with a very sharp harpoon. She had an idea.

She brought her ship as close to the other vehicle as she could, honked her horn, and then tried to get her point across. She jabbed a finger at the harpoon, and then at the legs of the beast, and twirled her finger around a few times. This was a quick movement, since it was never a good idea to look away from where one was flying, but she made it as obvious as possible.

OOC: Not sure if the vehicles have horns, to be clear. If they end up not having horns or horn equivalents, I'm pretty sure just someone flying up to you is attention-catching enough.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Voyin - Tesara Marketplace

The warrior growled. Such disrespect!

"WHERE. IS. YOUR. LEADER?" She asked, each word slurred in order to accentiate her point.

She was losing her patience with these outsiders, perhaps this was a waste of time.

Edited by Aussie Bane

--IC: Tolo: Tesara--

What's that infernal shouting? Tolo wondered.  Whatever it was, it was escalating, and she couldn't concentrate on reading the notices with it going on.

She turned her head to inspect the source of the shouting; in the distance, three beings were arguing.  They must have powerful lungs, if I can here them all the way over here.  She walked up to the group.

"Might I ask just what in the heck is going on over here?" she asked rather rudely.  "Can't a girl read the notice board in peace?"

--OOC:--

That'd be Voyin, Tveke, and Mirror.

IC: Mirror - Tesara Marketplace

He took another step back, wondering if he was going to need his blade. "P-please ma'am... n-no need for that! Th-the council resides in the H-Hall... that b-big b-building... over there! They may b-be returning home... b-but m-maybe you'll catch them!"

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

Ailun nodded silently, already regretting having a new captain... He was slowly pulling the Moa closer to the beast, not planning on getting much closer.

IC: Garuda - Tesara Outskirts

Garuda paused and spun around, sitting attentively at Matilda's feet. "No. Where do they get the tails?"

"Might I ask just what in the heck is going on over here?"

Her hands clutched the axe tight, her facial features forming into an angry scowl.

"ZZZZSSKKKK! How YOU DARE!" The chieftain yelled, spinning round to meet the newcomer.

The glatorian began to raise her axe, the sheer anger and disgrace nearly tangible in the air. It was very likely that a fight was about to start.

Edited by Aussie Bane

IC: Parii - Capstone markets

Eh?

He felt someone jerking his shoulder back and turning him around. He attempted to break free, but failed. Once he looked up to see his aggressor he was met with the ticked off Fe-Matoran from earlier. He frowned with a "what in karz" expression plastered on his face.

"What do you want with us?", she hissed. Parii only glared and tried to free his arm again, tugging harder than before. None of your business.

Edited by permanentlyExtinct

IC: Karanta - No haggle

Karanta's smile quickly turned to a frown, and she sighed. "Aw man, I always wanted to haggled in Cliffside. Oh well. Thanks, Roro," she said. The frown on her face quickly melted away, giving way to her usual smile. "This is a really cool knife though - like, I can only assume the blade heats up when I press the button but I don't wanna do that in a public place since it might get us in trouble again like when Fifteen almost got us in trouble and anyways where is Fifteen I bet she's looking for something to buy too huh?" Words tumbled out of Karanta's mouth like a raging waterfall. There was hardly any space for breath as she spoke, though she fell silent when she couldn't see Fifteen.

"Uh...Roro? I think we lost Fifteen. Maybe we should find her before something happens."

IC: Ennanas - Hunting with a strong lady

As Ennanas shot at the beast, she heard another ship fly next to her. Another interloper here to steal her glory? Her head snapped to look at the intruding pilot, and she saw...a giant Skrall. The Skrall seemed to wave around frantically, spinning a finger and aggressively pointing at Ennanas' harpoon. The hunter was confused at first, but the realization hit her fairly quickly. She gave a curt thumbs-up to the adjacent pilot, before preparing to fire her harpoon. It launched with a loud ca-chunk, the chain rattling through the air. It was a very long chain, and would hopefully be long enough to tangle the legs of the beast. She had aimed her shot at one of the legs climbing up the wall. She knew what she had to do once it landed.

Once this hunt was complete, Ennanas knew she would have to thank the other hunter for this idea.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Oh God she had an axe.  This was very, very likely to get unpleasant.

Regardless, Tolo drew her sharpest screwdriver from her belt and palmed it.

IC: Rorohiko - We Lost The One Responsible Member Of NERD CREW

"Huh?" He looked around, too. "Oh, yeah. Maybe she's checking out the other stalls."

~

IC: Matilda - Messing With Children

She looked over at Garuda, putting her all into fixing her expression into a neutral poker face. "Well, they buried scorpion tails in the ground, of course. If you do that the right way, you get a scorpion tail tree. Then, you have to water it a lot and all this other plant stuff, and then the tree sprouts the tails like fruit. If you look after the tree well enough, the tails can be huge."

~

IC: Armani - Alliance of Giant Women

She brought her ship high and circled around to face the creature's front once more, peppering the thing's head with shots to draw attention away from the other pilot.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Kathok - Cliffside

Kathok hops off quickly and warily, hand already on Rhotuka launcher as he hits the ground. He doesn't actually point it at Drukann, but the distrust in the air is as thick as smog. He doesn't say anything, just standing there and staring, waiting for Drukann to lift off.

Kathok

IC: Mirror - Tesara Marketplace

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Mirror stepped forward and unsheathed his Shard Lance between the two. "Ma'am, I've given you what you need, and if you don't calm down, I will be forced to arrest you."

IC: Fifteen - Capstone Marketplace

Fifteen's grip only tightened, her eyes becoming white hot. "I am a Border Guard, and I will not tolerate any harm coming to those under my charge. Now, why were you following us?"

Garuda's eyes grew big as they flicked back and forth between Tilly and her tail. "Is that how come yours is so big?" she whispered in awe.

IC: Drukann - Freedom

Drukann took off once more, glad to be free of that lunatic that had tried to kill him earlier like some rabid animal. He turned around and, estimating Silvana's likeliest route to Cliffside, went to try and meet her along the way.

Edited by Onaku Greavesy

IC: Clos'utu - Capstone, Cliffside

My hand slipped out of my cloak, clasping down on the more nervous of the two matoran.

"Is there a problem here, young'un?" My words came out something like a groan from an old pipe, but with enough force to still be persuasive. The words were directed at the Fe-Matoran, but still hinted at the Onu-Matoran being the "problem".

IC: Tveke - Central Marketplace, Tesara

Alright, so this is happening. I sighed. A long, drawn out moan of a sigh, pulling my shield off my back.

"Alright," I say, glancing at Mirror, "If this turns into a fight, I'll help you out. Think of it like a payment for earlier."

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

The moment he heard the voice, he shivered. He turned his head to the figure grasping him from behind and for a second he forgot about the Fe-Matoran.

The person was cloaked, only her eyes glowing from under her hat. The atmosphere turned somehow eerie and unnerving as she entered the scene...

Still though, Parii was kinda thankful for her appearance. He glanced at Fifteen, curious to see her reaction.

IC: Fifteen - Capstone Marketplace

She turned her mask down and to the side, hoping the stranger wouldn't recognize her from earlier. "Nothing you need to worry about," she said in a steely tone to match Clos'utu's. She shot another glare up at Parii, daring him to say otherwise.

The already angry warrior was made even more angry when Mirror quite politely attempted to break up the fight with his lance.

"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZSKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!" She hissed.

She thankfully had enough self control to lower her axe down to the ground. Still furious, her hands gripped the axe, slinging it over her shoulder and storming off in the direction that Mirror pointed out.

The chieftain had come to trade, not to fight.

GM IC - Something Nasty - New Atero.

In the time it had taken for the two pilots to coordinate their plan, the monstrosity had made its way partially over the wall, it's foremost limbs already gleefully stomping at the already-evacuated buildings at the inward base of the fortification. Its entry into the city seemed inevitable, until Ennanas' harpoon speared into one of its rearward limbs, and Armani unleashed a volley of plasma bolts into its face. 

The beast reared back, raising up one of its leg-tendrils and lashing out blindly at Amrani's aircraft. 

Edited by Nato The Traveler

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Is that right? You wouldn't be rearin' to get into a fight, now wouldja?" I tightened my grip on the matoran's shoulder.

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

"Whatta we got by means of firepower?" She called back to Ailun, staring at the beast as its head reared back.

IC: Ennanas - The bigger they are...

Ennanas watched as the hook sunk into a rear leg. That was perfectly fine for what she planned on doing...though she hoped the other hunter would avoid the leg lashing out. Her ship rushed forwards, chain rattling more and more as Ennanas dragged it around the beast's legs. She hoped it wouldn't notice as it tried attacking Armani...and she hoped that it wouldn't be able to move with only that leg free. All she had to do was wrap the chain around the legs, and there was plenty of chain to do so.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Fifteen - Capstone Marketplace

"No, of course not," Fifteen spat as she released Parii's shoulder with a slight push and another warning glance. "Just... settling some business."

"Well, whatever I picked up along the way," Ailun said quietly. "Zamors, Force Blasters, a few Thornax. Not much ammo to them though. 'Course, we've got that machine's craft downstairs."

He lowered his blade with a sigh of relief, thankful he wasn't forced to use it. He glanced down at the Bo-Matoran who had intervened. "Are you alright, ma'am?"

"Yeah... it's pretty well stocked for weapons. I'm gonna run down and grab a few."

She bolted for the halls again, this time hardly getting lost on her way to the Cargo hold. Immediately, she went for the weapons mounted on the ship.

I huffed. What a show for nothing. I turned around and went back to my cart, putting my shield back on my back.

"Absolutely," she said without a second's pause. "But if you keep eating your vegetables and all that stuff that isn't junk food, maybe one day you, too, will have a tail as mighty as mine."

~

IC: Armani - Dodging Leg

She pulled up and to the side, narrowly avoiding the limb. Or the bodies, depending on how one thought of it. She fired at the side of its head this time in a wide sweep.

IC: Kathok - Cliffside

Kathok ignores his feelings and thoughts for the moment. In fact he's angry at their very existence. So he decides to head to Capstone to drown his, ahem, non-existent sorrows. After a few minutes he's heavily sitting down on a stool at the bar, spitting an instruction at the barman for something toxic. He's as conspicuous as a haystack in a needle. And he looks anything but pleased.

OOC: Kathok is open for interaction with any characters in Capstone, Cliffside.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

He didn't really know what Threiaa was planning, nor did he care as long as it wasn't going to damage his ship. For now, he was just focusing on bringing The Moa around the beast in lazy circles well out of arm/leg/appendages' reach.

Garuda looked over her shoulder and gave her own tail a few experimental flexes before turning back. "That's what everyone says though!"

GM IC: Silvana - Near Cliffside.

After a time, the mismatched lights of Cliffside finally came into view.

As it came in for its final approach, the Whisper started to angle down towards the ground near Capstone.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Jira - Tesara, Council Chambers. 

Alas, Voyin had barely touched the door before the two Glatorian guarding said door blocked her path. A third Glatorian, who'd been speaking with them, whirled on the newcomer, "What do you think you're doing?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"That's right. So, I'd know best about making a tail big and strong, right?"

There went the last of the sandwiches. Matilda handed over the basket to a Zesk who wasn't content to take her word for it. She continued, "You're still young, Garuda. You have plenty of time to grow and be strong."

"I'm afraid I don't know, ma'am," Mirror replied as he sheathed his blade, "but I'm sure those at the council hall will know how to take care of her." He didn't sound sure.

"Now... you should return to your dwelling. It's not safe out here."

"If I had a tail as big as yours, I wouldn't hide it all the time. I like my tail!" Garuda scampered after Matilda, trying to meet her eyes.

The scrap ship had more than a few goodies on it. Thornaxx launchers, Impact crystal launchers, some kind of laser device? The ICLs came off easily enough, but the laser was pretty well integrated to the ship. She'd have to come back for it another time.

--------

"Back!" Threiaa announced, somewhat breathless from all the running back and forth.

Two ICLs were loaded in her arms, along with one of the thornaxx launchers Ailun had mentioned.

"Y'got a window I can open?"

"You can take a look at this thing, if you want," I said, tapping the cart with my foot.

"Got pretty banged up in that fight."

IC: 042 - Ground Zero, New Atero

Was that the airship from before, up in the sky? Had they seriously come to the city anyway?

042's expression tightened slightly more than usual, as he continued directing civilians.

"Business don't usually look like fightin'. Usually."

I pulled Parii a little closer in to me.

"You weren't givin' them any kinds a trouble now, were ya?" I looked right at his face, expression neutral.

Tolo knelt to examine the cart.  The guard was right; it was pretty banged up.

"Will I get paid?" she asked.

GM IC: Something Nasty - New Atero. 

A cluster of the creature's gleaming eyestalks were seared away by Armani's latest barrage, and it lurched back, bringing its upraised limb back around in an effort to strike her aircraft from behind. 

It had not yet noticed Ennanas' progress...

GM IC: Jira - Council Chambers, Tesara. 

The two other guards placed themselves firmly in Voyin's path, preventing her from entering. Jira merely frowned, "The markets are that way. And they're closed this time of the evening. What are you doing here?"

GM IC: Silvana - Cliffside. 

The Whisper limped into a small, unassuming berth on one of the numerous scattered plateaus that made up Cliffside. Once she'd landed, Silvana wasted no time in gathering up her belongings and sprinting across the bridge, towards Capstone. 

He frowned angrily as Fifteen pushed him but didn't do anything but, once again, glare back. Parii then turned to his defender as she pulled him closer to her.

In response to Clos'utu's question he simply shook his head with a neutral expression on his face. He didn't consider himself to be at fault - after all, it wasn't me showing off my stun staff for everyone to see.