Skyrise Discussion

Nato G

So in other words, I just spent 6+ hours coming up with another unusable profile. Again.

Can't say I'm surprised. Why I even bother at this point is beyond me.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Oh boy, another BIONICLE RPG clique that I find myself unable to resist joining.

Character:

NAME: Tolo

SPECIES: Bo-Matoran

POWERS: As a Bo-Matoran, Tolo has an innate understanding of plants, as well as a greater resistance to most poisons.

GEAR:

• Powerless Noble Kanohi Ruru- The Mask of Night Vision.
  • Screwdrivers and Wrenches- Tools that Tolo keeps on her person at all times.

PERSONAL AIRCRAFT: The Initial Disappointment

ALLEGIANCE/ROLE: Tolo hails from Tesara and works as an itinerant mechanic.

APPEARANCE: Tolo stands at about the average height for a Matoran.  She wears bright green armor on her arms and midsection, and brown armor on her chest, hips, and legs.  Her eyes and heartlight are a violent shade of orange.  Matoran characters, denoting the word “AGGIES,” are tattooed in black ink across the small of her back.

A tool belt is slung around Tolo’s waist, with a large silver buckle and several slots for her wrenches and screwdrivers.  A pair of orange-lensed pilot’s goggles is usually perched atop her forehead.

PERSONALITY: Tolo is quite the sarcastic individual.  She always has a comeback or quip ready for whoever crosses paths with her.  She enjoys challenging repair jobs, and will often chastise her customers for not bringing her something that’s hard to fix.  Lastly, Tolo is a massive drinker.  Most of the money she earns from repairs is spent on hard liquors.

BIO: Tolo was born in Tesara to parents who were well known for being skilled mechanics, and learned much of what she currently knows from them.  Unfortunately, she had to bear witness to her father having his hands crushed by an improperly secured piece of machinery, which ended his career and the mechanic lessons.

Wanting to learn more than she already knew, Tolo apprenticed herself to another skilled mechanic and acquired several more skills, including an ability to drink nearly anyone under the table.  Having finished her term, she purchased an incredibly dilapidated Airship, renamed it the Initial Disappointment, and set to work restoring it to a functional state.  One year later, her project was successful.  This is where we find her right now, and where I’ll be picking up with her new adventures.

Aircraft:

NAME: The Initial Disappointment

MODEL: Airship

WEAPONRY:

• Two Midak Skyblasters mounted close to the cockpit.

APPEARANCE: The Initial Disappointment looks like a standard Airship, but upon closer inspection, you can tell that it’s been through extensive repairs.  The hull is a patchwork of old and new metal, the engine has been almost entirely overhauled, the readout screens are a hodgepodge of several different brands and efficiencies, and the back left landing gear is completely different from the other three.

Also, there’s a mini fridge.

Edited by capMARVELOUS
  • Upvote 3

Also, there’s a mini fridge.

Best upgrade in the game.

Yo, remember when I made my profile and I said I might drop off the grid if classes got really hard?  Yeah, that happened.  But finals are (almost) over at this point so I'm going to jump in soon.  I'm not dead.  Just give me a while to catch up.

• Upvote 1

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Okay, most of that looks fine, I just wanted to clarify this:

• Two mismatched Gatling guns mounted close to the cockpit.

Bullet-firing weaponry isn't exactly a thing in Bionicle, so I'll have to ask that you change this to something a little more fitting with canon. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Oh wow, that's actually not as many wrong things as I was expecting you to find.

The guns are changed.  Should be 100% now.

Alright, Tolo and the Initial Disappointment are now Approved. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, my holidays have turned out to be a lot more hectic than I'd originally anticipated. I know everyone tends to be busy this time of year, so the game slowing down a little is inevitable.

I've tried to keep track of all of the ongoing plots and whatnot, -but- if I've missed a GM post for someone -please- let me know here.

I believe Nato addressed that, be it here or on Skype. Basically, since the Toa Ignika's rocket-board, as you call it, was actually just a bunch of swamp stuff turned into a flying board, which was then dissolved into energy along with the Toa Ignika when it sacrificed itself at the end of 2008, there isn't really any way for it to be replicated later on. No blueprints and no model to reverse-engineer means the rocket-board is pretty much just a one-off that will likely never be seen again.

^ That, yeah. 

1. I think we're waiting on a post for The Test? One of the three players there haven't posted, but he hasn't posted for a good long while, so...

2. In terms of vehicles: Scarabax can canonically fly, so my Very Important and Obvioudly Very Serious Question is how many Scarabax would you need to train and tie to a sled or sled-like contraption to get it airborne and thus give it vehicle functionality :u

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

No. The answer is no.

• Upvote 5

In terms of vehicles: Scarabax can canonically fly, so my Very Important and Obvioudly Very Serious Question is how many Scarabax would you need to train and tie to a sled or sled-like contraption to get it airborne and thus give it vehicle functionality :u

I second a Scarabax hot-air balloon to a great extent

• Upvote 2

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

The Bionicle equivalent of Krampus: Karzahni abducting lazy Matoran and spiriting them away to his former island, only to start whipping them back into shape with his flaming chains, rocks that turn them into stone upon contact, and the abysmal attempts at rebuilding their broken bodies.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, Onaku's been expressing some concerns he has about Kathok's recent actions to me via Skype, and having looked into the issue a little more, I'm finding myself with some objections of my own regarding Kathok's recent overall behaviour. 

Kathok's profile describes him as an adventurous adrenaline junkie, someone with enough professionalism and sensibility that he works as a freelancer/merc for New Atero and Tesara. But his actions thus far are more like those of a remorseless psychopath. He's gone to crazy, extreme lengths to destroy the aircraft of Silvana, Taurek, and now Drukann, and seems almost gleeful at the prospect of nearly killing them, all without any real justification that any of them have done anything wrong. 

Now, I know that characters sometimes wind up being played a little differently to the way their profiles are described, but there's a massive, somewhat disconcerting, disparity here between the thrill-seeker Kathok's profile describes him to be, and the heartless, murderous manner in which he's been acting. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Don't forget that -he- just got attacked for no reason by someone who appeared to have no justification for an assault. He's simply anticipating the satisfaction of eliminating some annoying thorn in his side, I dont think it's anything personal. As for Taurek, I'm pretty sure I played it as if he just wanted to get Taurek out of the fight, not kill him.

And yeah, maybe he is a bit of a psychopath, I don't know - I haven't been playing him that long. I generally see the personality section as a starting point, not a code that has to be strictly adhered to. And whether or not his actions match his profile, I believe I've been pretty consistent. So I don't see much of a problem here, but dya want me to change it?

Kathok

I generally see the personality section as a starting point, not a code that has to be strictly adhered to. And whether or not his actions match his profile, I believe I've been pretty consistent. So I don't see much of a problem here, but dya want me to change it?

Yeah, I know.

It's just seemed like he's been acting a lot more heartless and extreme in this situation than his profile made him out to be. I figured I ought to say something to try to clarify things a little, rather than let the situation stagnate. 

But, if you feel you're still playing him true to character, I'll accept your word on it, and drop the issue. 

*gulp*

Character
Name: Maxilos
Species: Maxilos Unit
Powers: None
Gear: Twin-Bladed Sword
Aircraft: The Hangman
Role: Lawman
Bio: After the whole collapse of society thing, many a Maxilos Unit found it difficult to cope. They hadn't been programmed to deal with a catastrophe such as this. Their basic programming began to mutate into something more advanced, that either led to self-destruction, regular destruction, or, in rare cases, such as this one: adaption.

The Black Fire power source is unreliable and inefficient, and has been replaced with a device that converts chemical energy into electrical energy: food into power. The Cordak Blaster has run out of ammo years ago, and is no longer required.

What little order remains will still be enforced, under penalty of death.
Appearance: This droid has seen better days. The self-repair program has helped Maxilos continue walking, but the damage is mainly cosmetic. The paint is beginning to rust off, and one could make a drinking game out of how many dents are on the chassis. You'd be dead in minutes.
Personality: Despite it's brain lacking organic components, the Unit has obtained what meatbags designate as: racism, towards those of a meaty disposition, though usually only to lawbreakers. Usually.

Aircraft
Name: The Hangman
Model: Rockoh
Weaponry: Blaster Cannon
Appearance: Much like the Maxilos itself, the aerial attack vehicle designated as the Hangman has scratches and dents, though this is only because no meatbag has ever managed to pierce the outer shell.

Hm, okay, a few things here. 

On a minor note, you've listed "powers: none", but later make mention of self-repair capabilities, so I'd ask that you clarify the extent of that. Also, I'd suggest that you maybe add or adjust Maxilos' name, to avoid confusion with the others already in the game, such as Maxilos-042, as well as any others that might get approved in future. 

But mostly, my issues lie with Maxilos' apparent lack of allegiance. You make mention of it being a lawman, but it doesn't seem to be affiliated with any specific settlement, each of which has its own governing body and set of laws. As I've mentioned in the past, when 042 was first put up for approval, technology is the biggest commodity in the game, and both Fe and New Atero in particular are going to be very interested in acquiring another rogue Maxilos unit to reprogram for their own purposes. For those reasons, it'd probably be better if your Maxilos was already associated with one of the settlements in the game.

@Ghidora - your Dessimus post is nulled. Firstly, why the heck has he suddenly decided to come to Cliffside in the first place? He was insulting Xaril and the others when they left, and was being disdainful about the whole thing. Secondly, as mentioned in the very first post of the game, travel time is something that needs to be adhered to, which you have not done here. The journey of Xaril and co. from Fe to Cliffside took over a dozen posts, and actually took over a month OOC (obviously, the game slowed down quite a bit over the Christmas/New Years break; I'm definitely not saying all trips need to take anywhere near that long). My point is, there's absolutely no way Dessimus could've arrived in Cliffside less than 10 minutes after the people who left 6-8 hours before he did.

It's to meet up with Tim's character Saffina, who has been languishing in inactivity for a very long time now, and is also stuck in Capstone until something happens. If you want me to wait until everything ends then I'l do so.

Timageness hasn't been active in this game for over a month now. It's been even longer than that since he last posted as Saffina. That, and she isn't even in Capstone. I'd suggest that next time you try to use an inactive player as an excuse to justify your actions, you fact check first. 

Regardless of that, you've completely ignored my main point, which is that Dessimus can't have possibly arrived in Cliffside so quickly. The other group left Fe in the morning, and arrived there in the afternoon. Dessimus left in the afternoon... and somehow arrived barely ten minutes after the others got there. That simply isn't going to work, no matter how you try to justify it. 

I'm just going to assume Nato didn't just decide I have no way of talking to anyone else on BZP other than the RPG forum and continue on with the roleplay.
Are you kidding me? I've been talking to him on Discord for weeks now. And don't respond with some kind of a quip about fact checks again because I assumed his word on it; I went with what he said because I happen to have a trust level for the people I associate with.

Edited by The Ghrinch

Timageness hasn't been posting in this game for over a month now because Timageness is currently waiting to see if anyone else wants in on the quest he's waiting to start, hence the notice he made in here roughly two pages ago; there just haven't been many other people willing to type up criminal characters in Cliffside. Despite his horrible luck at profile approval recently, if a character still has a link in his signature, then it's a safe bet that he still considers them to be active. And for the record, her ship is more or less parked right outside of Capstone, as evidenced by her very first post IC.

That being said, Nato, he'd suggest that the next time you think you're speaking on someone else's behalf, you take a bit of your own advice. <_<

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Well then, I sincerely apologise for my earlier comments.

I shall endeavour to refrain from making such assumptions in future. 

• Upvote 2

Awesomesauce. :D

Speaking of said quest, aside from Ghidora, I believe that the only other player to express interest so far was PermanentlyExtinct. In the event that I've missed anyone, or somebody wishes to join up/back out, feel free to let me know.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Just a general note to the treasure quest group - I've been bunnying the inactive characters this far, but we're getting to the business end of the quest now, so I won't be bunnying anyone any further. Unless I see a post saying your character has boarded the diving bell, I'm going to assume they stayed back on the ship. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just started on that part of the quest, so if you think you're going to be active enough to keep up, I'd be okay with you saying your character made it onto the bell before it got lowered. 

Some pirates attacked the market place.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy got mentioned in a post earlier, and he'll become important soon, so here's his profile ahead of time. 

Name: Doctor K.

Species: Kestora.

Powers: None.

Gear: Various obscure pieces of vaguely-threatening-looking medical equipment.

Personal Aircraft: None.

Allegiance/Role: Resident mad scientist for New Atero.

Appearance: Slightly taller than a Matoran, but similar in his bio-mechanical nature, Doctor K is clad in purple-black armour, and wears a powerless Kanohi of unique design and unknown origin.

Personality: Like most Kestora, Doctor K has a conspicuous lack of empathy or concern for other beings, although he possesses a profound enthusiasm for discovery and research.

Bio: No one’s quite sure where he came from, or what he does in that basement all day. No one really wants to know, either.  

That's it, I'm dropping out of this game, too.  I just have no idea what's going on in here anymore, and I haven't really been able to do anything in here, either.

It was fun while it lasted... oh wait.  No, it wasn't, because I didn't do anything.

<saltiness intensifies>

• Upvote 1

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. 

Good luck in your future endeavours.