Skyrise Discussion

Nato G

He chalked that one up to his long mental post it note of slights against him, real and imagined.

Dude I wish I had a mental post it note

Especially a long one

Okay, the real reason I'm quoting this is because there's quite literally nothing going on in this post. No return quip, no continued sentence, nothing. I'm not saying I want you to do everything so that everyone else wins, but this keeps us from doing anything at all, as it's entirely going on inside his mind.

He doesn't even have to say anything, just to show discomfort, or - well, basically anything. For all we know, he showed no sign of irritation or emotion and sat there without so much as moving a muscle.

I think we're waiting on Nato, so that post was purposefully made like that.

...but close to it

Here's the Skakdi chasing Parii back to Capstone.

Name: Ektana

Species: Skakdi

Powers: Heat Vision, brute strength

Gear: tattered protective gloves, light armor on shoulders and thighs

Personal Aircraft: The Machete

Allegiance/Role: Cliffside thug/streetfighter, involved in district's gang activities

Appearance: Ektana's a tall and muscular Skakdi with rusty red and brown body, yellow eyes and a very prominent organic spine

Personality: Ektana's surprisingly persuasive for a female Skakdi, and I mean persuasive in the aggressive sort of way. She adapts to new surroundings and situations quite well, though sometimes it takes her a while to fit in. As mentioned, she's aggressive and abusive, willing to harm anyone in her way. While she can cause a lot of pain to her enemies, she's never actually killed/murdered anyone in her entire life. Even for her murder is barbaric and insane.

Bio: She comes from New Atero - she worked as a guard. After several conflicts and arguments followed by New Atero's weird political reforms Ektana left the district and continued to work for Tesaran military for a short while. Some gossips claim that she used to be very happy and friendly towards the inhabitants there. After a few months though she moved to Cliffside - she hopes to find out the location of Fe by snooping around and beating people up for information. She met Parii when he robbed her of several maps and widgets. She's been a slight bit salty about it ever since.

Name: The Machete

Model: Rockoh

Weaponry: penetrating cannons - shoots sturdy ammunnition that at the very least leave deep dents on surface (very, very low accuracy, takes time to load)

Customisation: additional plates in vulnerable places (protecting cockpit and the engine)

Appearance: a standard Rockoh painted dusty brown and silver

Also a small question: would putting poison in someone's drink result into getting kicked out of Capstone? Or does that rule apply only to sheer physical violence?

Edited by permanentlyExtinct

Powers: Future Sight

I'm very hesitant about powers like this in an RPG setting, as they usually lead to convenient anticipation of attacks, and metagaming of information, particularly in a case like this one, where there's no explanation on how exactly it works, or what its limitations are. 

Also a small question: would putting poison in someone's drink result into getting kicked out of Capstone? Or does that rule apply only to sheer physical violence?

Killing is killing.

If someone can prove you did it, or enough people suspect you did it, then yeah, things are going to end badly for you. 

Or, like, a slap to the face

Pretty sure a slap on the wrist would work better. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Powers: Future Sight

I'm very hesitant about powers like this in an RPG setting, as they usually lead to convenient anticipation of attacks, and metagaming of information, particularly in a case like this one, where there's no explanation on how exactly it works, or what its limitations are. 

Sure, if Future Sight is too much, I can change it. Gimme a minute and I'll edit it.

Name: Ektana

Species: Skakdi

Powers: Heat Vision, brute strength

Gear: tattered protective gloves, light armor on shoulders and thighs

Personal Aircraft: The Machete

Allegiance/Role: Cliffside thug/streetfighter, involved in district's gang activities

Appearance: Ektana's a tall and muscular Skakdi with rusty red and brown body, yellow eyes and a very prominent organic spine

Personality: Ektana's surprisingly persuasive for a female Skakdi, and I mean persuasive in the aggressive sort of way. She adapts to new surroundings and situations quite well, though sometimes it takes her a while to fit in. As mentioned, she's aggressive and abusive, willing to harm anyone in her way. While she can cause a lot of pain to her enemies, she's never actually killed/murdered anyone in her entire life. Even for her murder is barbaric and insane.

Bio: She comes from New Atero - she worked as a guard. After several conflicts and arguments followed by New Atero's weird political reforms Ektana left the district and continued to work for Tesaran military for a short while. Some gossips claim that she used to be very happy and friendly towards the inhabitants there. After a few months though she moved to Cliffside - she hopes to find out the location of Fe by snooping around and beating people up for information. She met Parii when he robbed her of several maps and widgets. She's been a slight bit salty about it ever since.

Name: The Machete

Model: Rockoh

Weaponry: penetrating cannons - shoots sturdy ammunnition that at the very least leave deep dents on surface (very, very low accuracy, takes time to load)

Customisation: additional plates in vulnerable places (protecting cockpit and the engine)

Appearance: a standard Rockoh painted dusty brown and silver

Okay, this looks good now. Ektana and the Machete are now Approved. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It's a stretch, but I'd like to see whether or not this idea is yay or nay.

Name: Maxilos-042

Species: Maxilos Guards

Powers: Fast reflexes(reasonably), black fire

Gear:

• Standard Maxilos Sword

• Grappling Hook additions to both arms

• Detection hardware mounted to shoulder, moderate range

Personal Aircraft: Red Hydraxon

Allegiance/Role: New Atero, Bounty Hunter/Agent of New Atero

Appearance: 042 is a standard Maxilos unit. Scorch and electrical burns near its head trace down the shoulder, where a mounted Cordak Blaster once stood. In it’s place is a basic radar equipment setup, allowing 042 to better track quarries and airships.
Personality: As would be expected of a machine, 042 is unresponsive to emotional stimuli, and is very direct and blunt in his voice and words. However, since being “awakened”, 042 has achieved a certain state of understanding, and finds itself comprehending emotions previously unknown to it.

Bio: As would be expected, Maxilos 042 was a standard Maxilos jailing pit unit. It survived the cataclysm, it survived the confrontation with the Mahri and Dekar-Hydraxon, it survived Voya-Nui’s mad rush to fill the hole in Mata Nui’s chest. But when Karda Nui was restarted, and 042’s position near the seal of Karda Nui left him exposed to lingering energies from the universe’s heart. That is, if you can call intense lightning storms “lingering energy”.

First, the cordak blaster on his shoulder was struck, detonating every cordak at once and throwing its charred and shattered body through the water. Next, another stray bolt caught him in the neck, throwing him back the way he came. 042’s body was decimated, having little head left intact. But the Ignika doesn’t need much to work with, as it is. By the time the ignika was ejected into space, Maxilos 042 was on his feet, awake, and confused. And that’s something that no machine can stand. It set off, electing to continue it’s mission for as long as it was able. Which, in reality, was not very long at all.

The evacuation of the great spirit robot found Maxilos wandering alone, searching for a purpose. It wasn’t long until 042 came across a line of work very much akin to what he had before, hunting down criminals and "persons of interest" in exchange for parts and protection from the New Atero government.

Name: Red Hydraxon

Model: Jetrax

Weaponry: Impact Crystal Launcher, Thornaxx launchers, laser burst piercer(requires charging period before and after use, designed to puncture rather than cut)

Customization: The pilot seat is specially designed/customized for a Maxilos unit, conforming and integrating the unit into the body of the ship. This allows much more intimate control, but the ejection time for the teleportation module is increased to insure 042’s full seperation.

Appearance: 042 has no need for cosmetics, but the red and black paint job that came with the ship is, as 042 begrudgingly admits, aesthetically pleasing in conjuncture with his own body.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

Okay, I'm of two minds about this. 

On the one hand, Maxilos units definitely still exist in the game (Fe uses them as enforcers in their mines, for example), the backstory explanation for 042's sentience is feasible, and there's nothing particularly OP about its powerset (although BS01 is somewhat vague on what 'black fire' actually is). 

My issue is more from an in-game standpoint. Namely, that a fully independent, sapient robot would have a gigantic target on its back. Fe and New Atero would both want to get their hands on that kind of anomaly, and it's a bit of a stretch to say that 042 has been freely operating as a bounty hunter while two of the major settlements have massive bounties out on his head. 

I feel like this concept would work better if 042 was already affiliated with one of the settlements, rather than operating completely independently. If he was already under the protection of Fe or New Atero, the other would be less inclined to move against him. Even being in good standing with the leadership in Tesara would probably suffice, since no one wants to start a diplomatic incident with the people who supply most of the food. I don't want to be dictating your character's backstory for you, but at the same time, technology is the biggest commodity in this game, and I'd rather not be put in a position where I'm obligated to actively hunt down a player's character with half of the NPCs in the game simply for being who they are. 

Okay, I'm of two minds about this. 

On the one hand, Maxilos units definitely still exist in the game (Fe uses them as enforcers in their mines, for example), the backstory explanation for 042's sentience is feasible, and there's nothing particularly OP about its powerset (although BS01 is somewhat vague on what 'black fire' actually is). 

My issue is more from an in-game standpoint. Namely, that a fully independent, sapient robot would have a gigantic target on its back. Fe and New Atero would both want to get their hands on that kind of anomaly, and it's a bit of a stretch to say that 042 has been freely operating as a bounty hunter while two of the major settlements have massive bounties out on his head. 

I feel like this concept would work better if 042 was already affiliated with one of the settlements, rather than operating completely independently. If he was already under the protection of Fe or New Atero, the other would be less inclined to move against him. Even being in good standing with the leadership in Tesara would probably suffice, since no one wants to start a diplomatic incident with the people who supply most of the food. I don't want to be dictating your character's backstory for you, but at the same time, technology is the biggest commodity in this game, and I'd rather not be put in a position where I'm obligated to actively hunt down a player's character with half of the NPCs in the game simply for being who they are. 

I'm all up for aligning 042 with one of the settlements, likely it'll end up being Fe, since they have the most technology, and repairs would be easier to obtain there. Though Fe already seems to have plenty of those sorts of reclaiming agents...

*Edit* I changed it up, ended up going with New Atero.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

Okay then, that works for me. Maxilos-042 and the Red Hydraxon are Approved. 

Do Cargo Haulers need to be listed within Airship Profiles, or is it safe to assume that they simply have a few of them tucked away inside unless otherwise explicitly stated?

BS01 also mentions that that they are at least somewhat robotic in nature. Does this mean that they just go around, picking up whatever they're told to, or do they still require a pilot?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Yes, I imagine cargo haulers would come standard with most airships. Especially since most of the airships in-game currently don't have actual crews to do all of the heavy lifting. 

And yeah, they wouldn't need pilots. 

Okay, here it goes, again. Sorry I took so long.

CHARACTER PROFILE:

Character

Name: Katana

Species: Glatorian

Powers: Implants on both his arms that give him slightly enhanced strength. He has no idea how he got them due to his amnesia.

Gear: A silver helmet with bat-like ears.

Weapons- a pair of katanas kept in the scabbards strapped to his back.

A brown utility belt around his waist for keeping small items.

A satchel he carries around, usually for carrying his water bottle and various other items.

Personal Aircraft: The Rogue

Allegiance/Role: Scavenger (resides in the Cliffside)

Appearance: Katana is lean and has a slight muscular build and often wears a brown cloak when running his errands. He is a young Glatorian that stands at the height of 7'1 feet tall and wears grey and silver armor.

Personality: Katana can be a kind-hearted person when it comes to meeting certain people. He has a habit of collecting junk he finds in the desert or in the Cliffside (once or twice he got in a fight with a mechanic or three for accidentally stealing their stuff) and has a deep distrust towards New Atero's government.

Bio: There is not much to know about Katana's past. The first thing he remembers is waking up in the middle of the desert with no clue to who he was. He decided to name himself 'Katana' after the pair of katana he found near where he first woke up, assuming the katana belonged to him and the fact that he was somehow very skilled in using them. Eventually, he found a place to stay in a certain part of the Cliffside where luckily most of his neighbours were at least friendly enough to have no intention of stealing his belongings. Katana keeps his aircraft under a tarp in a makeshift garage next to his house. He spends most of his days collecting spare parts he finds in the desert to either sell or be used for other purposes.

Aircraft

Name: The Rogue

Weaponry: Two Kanoka Disk Launchers that fire Level 4 Weakening Kanoka mounted on the sides of his vehicle and a Slowness Rhotuka Launcher mounted on the top.

Customization: Customized engine that gives The Rogue slightly extra speed and is protected by a thin extra layer of protosteel plates.

Appearance: The Rogue is an average looking Jetrax that has a yellow paint job with red stripes.

Edited by Koala Kranan

Alright, that's all looking good. There's just a couple of things I wanted to clear up, regarding this:

Weaponry: Two Kanoka Disk Launchers mounted on the sides of his vehicle and a Rhotuka Launcher mounted on the top.

What type of Kanoka do the launchers use, and what effect does the Rhotuka have? 

Alright, that's all looking good. There's just a couple of things I wanted to clear up, regarding this:

Weaponry: Two Kanoka Disk Launchers mounted on the sides of his vehicle and a Rhotuka Launcher mounted on the top.

What type of Kanoka do the launchers use, and what effect does the Rhotuka have?

Edited. Edited by Koala Kranan

Okay then. Thank you. 

Katana and The Rogue are Approved. 

Well, to put things simply, there's a lot going on. A thief killed one of Tesara's leaders right before the fortnightly markets started, there's all kinds of shady stuff going on in Cliffside, Fe is sending out an expedition to hunt down another thief, New Atero is about to perform a test for a new vehicle, a monster crawled out of The Chasm and hid itself in a nearby canyon, and so on. 

BANG BANG DOUBLE PROFILE EXTRAVAGANZA
FEATURING A STUPID IDEA AND A CHARACTER I NEVER GOT APPROVED FOR BIONIFIGHT

Character:

Name: Ennanas the Hunter
Species: Glatorian, Jungle Tribe
Powers: Vision-enhancing implants that allow Ennanas to have far keener eyesight than the standard Glatorian. Perfect for hunting. She also has strength-increasing implants in her arms, though they only make her slightly stronger than average. Strong enough to penetrate Rahi flesh with her spear, at least.
Gear: A harpoon launcher, spear, and a backpack are what Ennanas primarily carries. She also carries a breathing mask.
Personal Aircraft: The Ahab.
Allegiance/Role: Rahi Hunter, loosely allied with New Atero.
Appearance: Ennanas’ flesh is a sandy green color, and her green eyes glow softly from her implants. If she wore normal armor, she would blend into a crowd of Glatorian quite easily.
Unfortunately, she does not.
Her armor is composed of bits of bone and leather, gleaned from the Rahi and natural Bara Manga creatures she has killed. Her helmet is a blue-painted Vorox helmet salvaged from one of her hunts. A ribcage of some unidentifiable animal wraps itself around her midsection, sectioned bone plating laying underneath it. Her shins, too, have this odd bone armor adorned, though her upper thighs are clad in animal leather. On each shoulder lies an animal skull, serving as pauldrons. She wears simple leather sleeves that stretch to her wrists. Her spear hangs loosely from her back, and her harpoon gun is slung around her waist.
Personality: Ennanas is a somewhat withdrawn person. While not unwilling to speak to others, she most likely won’t start conversations unless she requires information from others. When she does talk, she seems cold and aloof, hinting at her pride. After all, not many have single-handedly taken down some of the monstrous beasts from the Chasm.
Bio: Ennanas is a fairly young Glatorian, who lived within Tesara for the majority of her life. Her constant excursions and hunts eventually gained her some slight modicum of fame, at least within her small circle of peers. Eventually after the fall of Mata Nui, she set out on her own with a personal vehicle, to see what else the world had to offer.
She did not expect to soon run across a beast unlike any she had seen before.
A large abomination, from the depths of the Chasm, lumbered slowly along the valleys below, within their shadows. It was a beast she had never seen. A hunt she couldn’t pass up. And pass it up she did not – with her recently purchased ship, she chased the beast down and swiftly destroyed it. It was truly alien in appearance, and she felt it was worthy prey. Very worthy indeed.
Now, she patrols the skies, searching for the abominations of the Chasm, to hunt and kill them. So far, she has only killed the one beast on her own. But that has not stopped her hunts.

Aircraft:

Name: The Ahab
Weaponry: The Ahab comes equipped with a large, aimable harpoon launcher. The harpoon is complete with a long chain, allowing the vehicle to anchor itself to things. This weapon fires with enough force to puncture most aircraft armor, though is primarily utilized to attack massive Rahi. Also equipped are twin force blasters.
Customisation: The Ahab is capable of boosts similar to that of a Rockoh, though not as intense. Useful for catching up to a swift beast.
Appearance: The Ahab is painted a soft green, much like Ennanas’ flesh. The harpoon launcher is a dull silver, though the harpoon itself is dark with dried blood.

---------

Character:

Name: Vanox
Species: Fe-Matoran
Powers: Standard Fe-Matoran endurance.
Gear: A handheld force blaster, based upon the technology of the vehicle mounted force blasters. It fires off weaker blasts of concussive force, enough to knock a Glatorian on their back if hit, and possibly damage them. The shots are slow, and Vanox must charge the blaster for a second or two to use it. He also carries a shortsword, just in case someone gets too close to him.
He’s not too good with the shortsword.
Personal Aircraft: The Nynrah Bomber
Allegiance/Role: Cliffside, formerly Fe
Appearance: Vanox is a short and thin Fe-MAtoran, with burnt-orange flesh and gunmetal armor. His mask is a powerless grey Hau, and his icy blue eyes shine from behind it. A sword is holstered at his side, and his blaster is always strapped to his right arm. His left hand is missing a pinky, which he claims was from an experimental accident.
Personality: Vanox is loud, proud, greedy, and arrogant. Even though he’s a former Nynrah Ghost, he acts nothing like one would expect. Despite his extreme arrogance and pride, he is quite the coward, totally unwilling to put his life on the line. He prefers others do that.
Bio: Vanox was a Nynrah Ghost back within the Matoran Universe. Not just any Nynrah Ghost, but one that specifically worked on the development and creation of weapons. Upon the destruction of the Matoran Universe, he made his way around Bara Manga, eventually to Fe where he was welcomed due to his former job. With glee, he began working within Fe, developing new and fantastic weapons.
However, his greed soon got the best of him, and he began illicitly selling weaponry to other villages. Eventually he was caught, and tried for treason. Thankfully for him, he was only found guilty of selling common weapons illicitly to other villages, and was thus exiled. He made his way to Cliffside, where he now resides as a repairman-for-hire...or one capable of “stealthy” bombing runs. After all, no one expects a Matoran to pilot an Axalara.

Aircraft:
Name: The Nynrah Bomber
Model: Axalara
Weaponry: Two Rhotuka Launchers, which fire off Rhotuka with abilities similar to that of the Visorak Keelerak; unlike Keelerak’s rhotuka, however, there is no paralysis on contact, and the Rhotuka can only dissolve 1-2 meters of material before stopping. A bomb bay is also present, which is normally loaded with specially-designed pods that contain large amounts of overripe Thornax. Vanox does not load this pod unless going on a bombing run, however.
Customisation: A ship such as the Axalara is normally only suited for Glatorian-sized beings. Vanox has modified it to work for Matoran, resulting in a smaller, more enclosed cockpit.
Appearance: The Nynrah Bomber is painted the same color as the open sky. It looks no different from other Axalaras aside from that.

• Upvote 2

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

BANG BANG DOUBLE APPROVAL EXTRAVAGANZA 

Now Hiring.

Included a link back to Saffina's character and ship profiles within said post as well for those who are looking to join up.

Perks include room and board for the duration of the job, having allies to help face down whatever Nato decides to throw at us, a lesser chance of being ambushed and/or massacred out in the wilderness, and not having to pay off two rather suspicious and shady Skakdi just to get in on the action. Sign up today! :P

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Let's get some familiar faces in Tesara...

Name: Mirror

Species: Mimic’s Species

Powers: Photographic Reflexes, allowing him to instantly and perfectly recreate any physical feat he observes. This only applies to movements, and cannot duplicate elemental, mental, or innate abilities, however he also has a set of implants that allow him to manipulate magnetic fields using his own physical energies. This allows him limited elemental mimicry with magnetic materials, as well as magnetic propulsion and repulsion.

Gear: His Shard Lance, a polearm with a swordlike blade and a long hilt, capable of replicating a wide variety of attacks. Its blade has been polished to a mirror sheen, and Mirror is obsessive about keeping it this way.

Personal Aircraft: Ricochet

Allegiance/Role: Tesaran Guard

Appearance: Being of the same species, Mirror looks very much like Mimic. His reptilian head is covered by a silver helm with a set of fangs in the front and ear-like protrusions in the back. He has a wide, armored chest and powerful, yet agile, limbs that are able to quickly adapt to many fighting styles. His primary colors are deep blue with black and silver armor covering it.

Personality: Mirror’s mild manner and hints of anxiety do little to betray the skilled fighter he is. His photographic reflexes help him adopt fighting styles, even in the middle of a battle, perpetually growing his knowledge and skill. However, he is still uncertain of himself, unsure of exactly how he has managed to get this far. Most of the other guards think of him as approachable and friendly… if a bit odd.

Bio: Mirror woke up one day in a shattered village. No two bricks were left together on the building he could only assume had been his home. All around were bodies similar to his own, crushed by falling debris or killed in the panic. Those of his friends that were still alive had long since left him for dead. But he didn't know for sure, because he couldn't remember anything. Not even his own name.

He wandered the universe for years, searching for some way to reclaim the memories that had been taken from him, or the friends that had left him. Along his travels, he met one like him, a Dark Hunter named Mimic, who showed him how to unlock his photographic reflexes before running off to another mission. Left more confused than grateful, Mirror continued his own quest with a new name.

Now, the few familiar things he knew have been taken from him, and Mirror has been struggling to find his way in this new world. His abilities earned him a place on the Tesaran Guard, and he’s happy to continue that venture, protecting those whose morals match his own.

Weaponry: A pair of Pulse Bolt Generators mounted on each wing. Similar to those possessed by Garan, they fire slow-moving but powerful energy shots that grow with distance. He also has a Kanoka launcher with mid-level Freeze Disks on the bow.

Appearance: The Ricochet is a long, sleek Jetrax with razor-sharp silver edges and dark blue paint. Its most notable feature is its VTOL engines, mounted on a swivel to give the Ricochet the power of a Jetrax but with the maneuverability of a Gukko. It is capable of fantastic feats, many of which Mirror replicates from his quarry mid-chase.

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 2

Ah, so nice to see another old friend. 

Name: Mirror

ɯıɹɹoɹ ɐup ʇɥǝ ɹıɔoɔɥǝʇ ɐɹǝ ɐddɹoʌǝp

AND ANOTHER ONE, WA-HEEEY

Name: Bai Bai

Species: Skrall

Powers: None; High intelligence, strategic capacity

Gear: Extensive personal library in her home with varied subjects and difficulties of reading.

On her person:

-Glasses; fairly self-explanatory

-Spare glasses; for the inevitable

-Spare glasses x2; for the second inevitable

-Ornate Satchel; holds several books, spare water for on the go, writing utensils

-Book of records and events; personal journal and sketchbook

-Anngonce’s glove; A mysterious artifact given to her long ago by her mother, the glove allows for limited psychic manipulation of matter. Small objects are easily lifted, large objects more difficultly pushed. The glove requires intense mental focus and strength, as such few can use it, and she has yet to discover another that can use it.

Personal Aircraft: Babylon

Allegiance/Role: New Atero historian/ recorder

Appearance: Whatever the Spherus Magnan equivelant of a pear is, Bai Bai is shaped like that. Small, squat, and fairly weak in comparison to the majority of the rest of her species. Very friend shaped. She does not have any kind of helmet, but wears a pair of glasses, and wraps a piece of cloth around the back of her head. When at work she wears black, gray and earth green ornate robes. At home her attire is much more relaxed, wearing loose pants and ponchos, and the like.
Personality:  What she lacks in physical capability she more than makes up for in mental capacity; her brain is exceptionally far superior to the majority of Spherus Magna’s inhabitants. She regularly intakes the contents of multiple volumes of books in a single day, integrating them into her mental library. . Among her favorite subjects are heroic figures from time, including those still alive and well today. Beings of significant strength or achievement easily make this list.

Bio: Raised in her youth on stories of the great feats of heroes and legends, Bai Bai was a staple in the Sisters of the Skrall community, able to remember and record events without the use of paper or slab. Her strategic mind was no laughing matter either, and she was often called upon by the leader of the Sisters for advice and planning. If not for her capacity in these matters, she might have been left behind in the many journeyings of the Sisters.

Once the Great Battle ended, Bai Bai found herself in New Atero, where she was able to become the official historian for the city. By day she works in the library, accessing books on higher shelves using Anngonce’s glove, translating and decrypting ancient texts, sorting historical documents and timelines, and assisting the occasional Library-goer if need be, all while reading in between jobs. By night she gets unhealthy amounts of sleep after staying up late reading even more. Her unbridled passion for the written word is a powerful force, but another part of her almost longs for the adventure of the great heroes she was told of in childhood...

Name: Babylon

Model: Airship

Weaponry:

-Disruption field generator; while activated it prevents vehicles from approaching too close by disrupting internal systems. Applies to only a very short range, only three bio from the ship. Expends lots of power, so it is used only in emergencies and intermittently.

-Thornaxx Launchers placed at the front and back.

Customization: A large portion of the cargo bay is now a dedicated Library, filled with books of all kinds. The shelves are bolted and secured to the walls and floors, and have glass doors to prevent the books flying around everywhere when the ship is moving.

Appearance: The Babylon is of average airship size, with no particularly identifying features.

• Upvote 1

Bai Bai and the Babylon ( <_< ) are Approved. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

I sense a trend coming.

Character Profiles Projected To Exist By The End Of The Year:

Cryo and Chell

Krepenan and My Soul

Klozertu and The Truth

Fazem and E

Gra, Vity, and Hertz

Brea and The Kout

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

You forgot the most important members of the list; Peer with Akarapp, and Bio with Nickle Brain. The fabled best pilots in Skyrise.

Rak, piloting She-Rock, is also considered by some to be a pilot of note in Skyrise lore.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 2

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Trust me, if I knew we were allowed to go beyond Cryoshell references, the list would've been much longer.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

speaking of new characters, I kinda hate the feeling where you're just there being the average neutral guy who has no special/unique traits whatsoever while everyone else is a savage killer or a rotten theif or whatever.

I really feel like creating a new PC :/

A few more pirates and bandits in Cliffside would also be nice.

At this rate, we'll have to start determining who our future characters will interact with beforehand just to keep the game populated enough to play.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Character:

Name: Voturia

Species: Vo-matoran

Powers: Resistance to electrical energies

Gear: Voturia’s usual accompaniments include a massively over-sized wench, a sword, a powerless white kanohi Calix, a long necklace made from a chain and a charm that reaches down to her knees, and a tool belt and backpack with an assortment of handy items completing the  thrown together look.

Personal Aircraft: The skyblade

Allegiance/Role: New Atero/Mechanic/Tinkerer/Chemist

Appearance: Voturia’s average matoran height is unassuming and does no service to her sometimes larger than life attitude and imagination, her normally blindingly white mask along with the rest of her body is covered in a matte coat of grease and kicked up dirt, the cluttered pack and belt rattles and chimes with every movement. A single mechanical hand is a show of past failures... Or possibly something more mysterious. Pictures!!!

Personality: In one word, rambunctious. She’s no stranger to disturbing the peace or paying fines for damaged private property, she’s not a dangerous person she just has a knack for breaking things and shooting holes into walls.

Bio: After leaving the MU Voturia was lost, she settled in New Atero as a less than productive and quiet citizen. But when she discovered the various vehicles that became commonplace in Spherus Magna she light up again, that passion eventually evolved into tinkering with various weapons and other gadgets, and then eventually into chemistry trying to find something that could unlock the potential of the matoran, or create more powerful weapons or bigger explosions, something. She's better at taking things apart and breaking them then she is at building or putting things together.

Aircraft:

Name: The Skyblade

Model: Skyfighter

Weaponry: None

Customisation: Slightly faster than an average skyfighter do to the lack of a bulky weapons system, and equipped with an experimental system that requires a being with electrical resistance to pilot it.

Appearance: A standard Skyfighter with an olive green paint job, and lacking any visible weaponry

• Upvote 2

Welcome to BZP, and welcome to Skyrise. 

Voturia and the Skyblade are Approved. 

Character:

Name: Kestra

Species: Kestora

Powers: Proportionately enhanced strength, agility, and durability, due to an extensive and ongoing process of self-modification in response to her current environment.

Gear: Blades of Torpor: Two swords of Skrall design, modified to fatigue those who come into contact with them. Often handled with a reverse grip for greater stability during flight.

Retractable Dissectors: Artificial, scalpel-like claws surgically embedded into her fingers. Normally employed to assist with her surgeries, usually while neglecting to apply anesthetics, but can also serve as a secondary means of self-defense.

Personal Aircraft: The Red Star

Allegiance/Role: Warrior/Scientist. Despite occasionally moonlighting as a doctor, her bedside manner is absolutely abysmal, she has an unfortunate habit of vivesecting her patients for little to no reason, and they often wake up later, only to discover that they've been unnecessarily enhanced in some way without their permission. Needless to say, she's a current citizen of Fe, as they're the only settlement in The Great Barren willing to tolerate (and sometimes even fund) her unethical and often inhumane experiments, though even this relationship is subject to becoming strained at times.

Appearance: Kestra possesses an appearance similar to that of a Matoran or Agori, only substantially more alien and significantly more unnerving. She wears a purple, powerless Kanohi Pakari, perfect for obscuring everything aside from her uncaring pink eyes, and the rest of her body is mostly shades of red and black. Two additional gliding wings have been attached to the backs of her arms, mostly to ensure a smoother landing in the event that her jetpack runs out of fuel, and her legs have been rebuilt so that they are now digitigrade.

Personality: Being a Kestora, Kestra lacks any form of empathy or compassion whatsoever, preferring instead to rely soley on science and a disturbing sense of logic. Her primary directive is to eventually somehow find a way to return to the Red Star, if at all possible, but is content with gathering as much knowledge as she can in the meantime, hoping to discover the exact cause of the sapience displayed amongst the former inhabitants of the GSR so that she can better her people in the event that they themselves somehow managed to remain unaffected.

Bio: Kestra was once a normal Kestora working to revive the deceased beings of the Matoran Universe, until a lab mishap caused her to trip and stumble into a recently repaired Vortixx as he was being teleported back to Xia, thus stranding her inside the body of Mata Nui. Soon afterwards, she began to notice the residents of the island beginning to act outside of their usual parameters, and, after automatically assuming that they had somehow become defective, set out to study the phenomenon despite the fact that they were becoming increasingly hostile in response to her attempts at vivesecting them. Eventually, things got so bad that they even razed her makeshift laboratory, destroying all of the research notes that she had suddenly found herself writing in the language they had created before eventually driving her off of the landmass entirely.

And it was at that moment, as she was fleeing for her life, when Kestra herself felt her first emotion; fear.

Realising that she had been exposed to whatever happened to be causing this catastrophe, and that even the robot itself seemed to be displaying similar symptoms, she resolved to immediately enter seclusion, daring to hope that they were simply due to a series of glitches and bugs in their programing and that they would eventually pass before things would inevitably go back to normal. Unfortunately for her, however, they never did. Every day seemed to bring with it a new experience, but the ones that always seemed to stick with her were anger, disgust, despair, and pain. Occasionally, she would force them all aside long enough to secure herself nutrition (though she rarely ate, mostly due to the fact that both hunger and taste were still quite the overwhelming sensations at the time) or to obtain a new test subject (these usually possessed little in the way of obtainable knowledge, as she had to work with crude implements ever since she was forced to abandon her tools to the Vortixx), but eventually gave up and decided that it was finally time to accept her fate as a malfuntioning scrap-heap, leading her to depart from the system of caves she had previously taken refuge in as she resolved to confront what was left of her destiny head-on.

But upon discovering that the MU hadn't devolved into complete anarchy in her absence, and in fact, seemed to actually be thriving (though at that point, she still couldn't tell if it had left them better or worse off than before), she suddenly found herself both relived and positively ecstatic. Not for them, of course; sapience or not, she was still a Kestora after all, but the fact that the simple act of tripping didn't necessarily mean she was fated for a descent into madness while other homicidally deranged beings attempted to tear her limb from limb was still rather... refreshing, to say the least. Figuring that a more in-depth analysis of the resulting phenomenon was required, she made her way down to the nearest settlement, only to bump into a drunken Steltian Bruiser, who was in the process of stumbling out of the local bar. Stating that he had never seen her kind before and inquiring as to what she was, she simply responded by mentioning the name of her species, which was then mistakingly mispronounced due to his inebriation, and before she even knew what was going on, her brain had already accepted it as her new designation; Kestra.

Having gained a small semblance of what would later develop into full-blown individuality, she took to traveling, further increasing her knowledge of both the new world around her and her own ever expanding sense of self. After the GSR returned to Bara Magna in order to reform the planet, which she largely avoided the events leading up to, due to their interference with her research, she evacuated with the rest of its former inhabitants and eventually wound up in Fe.

Aircraft:

Name: The Red Star

Model: Jetpack

Weaponry: None

Customisation: Fairly standard features, such as weapon and item storage, additional fuel tanks, and a parachute.

Appearance: Standard Karda Nui jetpack appearance, aside from the purely cosmetic red spike located at the top.

Typed up under the impression that Velika (or whatever the cause of it within the MU of this universe) likely employed some type of dispersal method, either Mata Nui himself or something else entirely, for the sapience programming, as going around and trying to upload it onto every being individually seemed like it would be extremely time-consuming and honestly, just a tad bit unnecessary. Either way, still explains why the majority of the Kestora didn't receive it, seeing as to how their populations only seem to exist within the City of Silver dimension and the Red Star itself, and why Kestra did, as she was stranded inside the GSR before it happened.

Should be good to look over now. I really need to learn to cool it on the Bio sections; they're absolute murder on my hand when I go to rewrite them.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Okay, there's a number of different things I sort of object to with this profile, but I can't be bothered going through them all, so I'll just focus on the main issue here - I'm not going to approve a Kestora, period. Sorry. 

There's a few reasons for this, most of which I'd prefer not to go into, but let's just say that I may or may not hypothetically have some future plot points lined up that I can neither confirm or deny might involve Kestora.