• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Useless Knowledge

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Wiriamu

Wiriamu
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 11-November 06
  • 955 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2017 - 04:33 PM

Hitler was actually a pretty useless dictator while he was working too. Did you know he used to sleep in till noon, infuriating his subordinates?

Maybe, but he was still more successful than Benito Mussolini, who established a dictatorship in Italy years before Hitler did in Germany but who ended up little more than a figurehead as Hitler attempted to keep Italy in the Axis.

The original Voltron franchise was adapted from two different Japanese anime and would have included a third, but that version was cancelled because the original Lion Voltron proved to be the most popular.

With the recent Ben 10 reboot, the Galvanic Mechamorph species has been depicted in all three primary colors and all secondary colors except orange, though the blue variant was actually a suit of armor from a movie that's not considered canon.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

#82 Offline capMARVELOUS

capMARVELOUS
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 14-August 16
  • 1,382 posts

Posted Apr 21 2017 - 09:46 AM

• If injected intravenously, nutmeg is extremely poisonous.
  • The average lifespan of a major league baseball is five pitches.
  • An elephant is the same length as the tongue of a blue whale.
  • Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
  • A woodchuck breathes only ten times during hibernation.

0fAwofU.jpg

"It is the external wounds which heal the quickest."
--Optimus Prime--

[The Unofficial capMARVELOUS Theme Song | BZPRPG Profiles | Skyrise Profiles (1)(2) | Project Protodermis Profiles]

#83 Offline Toa Imrukii

Toa Imrukii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 01-March 14
  • 1,621 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2017 - 01:46 PM

There is evidence that Santorini was the location of the Atlantis described in antiquity until a volcano ruined the island, both physically and socially.

Well we had a talk on this, but I'll say it anyway.

There is also evidence (based on Plato's description) that Atlantis really was west of the Pillars of Hercules, otherwise known today as the Rock of Gibraltar, which fits more in line with the description of Atlantis. Now I don't know who said that there was a volcano in the middle, no sources I know say that. Now, you might be asking yourself, "Where is it now?" well actually, we do know that there was a inlet of water there, where there is land today, in modern day Cadiz, and from satelite maps and again based on the description of Atlantis by Plato there appear to be circular rings beneath the mud, rock, dirt, and soil of the area, which is how the coty was described. My personal theory is that (and I forget the name of this spacific landform) there was an underwater volcano situated within the area long ago, and also based on the description of how Atlantis was destroyed, it also fits. I also theorize that the Atlanteans were Canaanite, and were relatives of the Carthaginians, based on the description of the invading Sea People, and that it spacifically says that the Sea Peoples allied with the Carthaginians. And based upon my knowledge of how Alliances worked back then, there had to be a familial connection at least between two families within each respective government.

In short the theory is the Atlanteans came from what is today Cadiz, and they were relatives of the Carthaginians.

Quote of the Month: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance."

:t: :m_o: :a:     :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i:

a_heroes_stance.png
A RUDE AWAKENING - A BIONICLE G1 Continuation and Video Game Project (ARTIST AND CONCEPTUALIST) | I am an ENFP, that is my Personality.
Check Out Makuta Teridax: Reaper of Darkness | Check out my Taknuva Stars MOC |

#84 Offline Toa TimeLord

Toa TimeLord
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 20-January 16
  • 2,267 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2017 - 09:29 PM

In George Washington's days, there were no cameras. One's image was either sculpted or painted. Some paintings of George Washington showed him standing behind a desk with one arm behind his back while others showed both legs and both arms. Prices charged by painters were not based on how many people were to be painted, but by how many limbs were to be painted. Arms and legs are "limbs;" therefore, painting them would cost the buyer more. Hence, the expression, "Okay, but it'll cost you an arm and a leg.

TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

region_-_jungle.jpg
BZPGOT Character Title
Lord TimeLord II of House Hinterland

#85 Offline Iaredios the Desert Dude

Iaredios the Desert Dude
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 10-April 07
  • 2,634 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2017 - 10:44 PM

There is evidence that Santorini was the location of the Atlantis described in antiquity until a volcano ruined the island, both physically and socially.

There is also evidence (based on Plato's description) that Atlantis really was west of the Pillars of Hercules, otherwise known today as the Rock of Gibraltar, which fits more in line with the description of Atlantis. Now I don't know who said that there was a volcano in the middle, no sources I know say that. Now, you might be asking yourself, "Where is it now?" well actually, we do know that there was a inlet of water there, where there is land today, in modern day Cadiz, and from satelite maps and again based on the description of Atlantis by Plato there appear to be circular rings beneath the mud, rock, dirt, and soil of the area, which is how the coty was described. My personal theory is that (and I forget the name of this spacific landform) there was an underwater volcano situated within the area long ago, and also based on the description of how Atlantis was destroyed, it also fits. I also theorize that the Atlanteans were Canaanite, and were relatives of the Carthaginians, based on the description of the invading Sea People, and that it spacifically says that the Sea Peoples allied with the Carthaginians. And based upon my knowledge of how Alliances worked back then, there had to be a familial connection at least between two families within each respective government.

In short the theory is the Atlanteans came from what is today Cadiz, and they were relatives of the Carthaginians.

And as I told you in a conversation, Atlantis sank before the foundation of Cathage by the Phoenicians. Also, Carthage was an oligarchic republic, the representatives being Judges (heads of tribes above individual chiefs), like what is described in the Levant in the Holy Bible' Old Testament (look at the Book of Judges), which makes sense because of their origin. A marriage would seal an alliance with not all of Carthage but only specific tribes/families.

If you thought Carthage to be a unified kingdom like Ancient Israel was briefly, then you are unfortunately mistaken. For example, in Ex Deo's album The Immortal Wars, there are references to Hannibal Barca seeking out the Throne of the People of the Sands, and in another song it says, 'you're king is dead!". This doesn't refer to an existing throne, but the man aspiring to attain enough glory that the people will call for being unified under him as their divine king, like Saul in Israel and what almost happened with Julius Caesar in Rome. As we know, Hannibal wasn't that lucky and ended up getting both Carthage and Makedonia conquered before he killed himself to steal glory from Rome in a final bleep-you to them.

line.gif

the_visions_of_thasos.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project (HEAD DEVELOPER) | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  |     ن

Farts are just the ghosts of that which we ate                                                               -                                                                 D r e a m s. They're the hurricanes that wash the soul-filth from the super-dome of the night-mind.

#86 Offline Toa Imrukii

Toa Imrukii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 01-March 14
  • 1,621 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2017 - 10:48 PM

And as I told you in a conversation, Atlantis sank before the foundation of Cathage by the Phoenicians. Also, Carthage was an oligarchic republic, the representatives being Judges (heads of tribes above individual chiefs), like what is described in the Levant in the Holy Bible' Old Testament (look at the Book of Judges), which makes sense because of their origin. A marriage would seal an alliance with not all of Carthage but only specific tribes/families.

If you thought Carthage to be a unified kingdom like Ancient Israel was briefly, then you are unfortunately mistaken. For example, in Ex Deo's album The Immortal Wars, there are references to Hannibal Barca seeking out the Throne of the People of the Sands, and in another song it says, 'you're king is dead!". This doesn't refer to an existing throne, but the man aspiring to attain enough glory that the people will call for being unified under him as their divine king, like Saul in Israel and what almost happened with Julius Caesar in Rome. As we know, Hannibal wasn't that lucky and ended up getting both Carthage and Makedonia conquered before he killed himself to steal glory from Rome in a final bleep-you to them.

Hey man, it was just a theory of mine, no need to shove me up a cow's rear, or something equally as cruel and unusual. I just assessed that from evidence I have attained.

a_heroes_stance.png
A RUDE AWAKENING - A BIONICLE G1 Continuation and Video Game Project (ARTIST AND CONCEPTUALIST) | I am an ENFP, that is my Personality.

#87 Offline Iaredios the Desert Dude

Iaredios the Desert Dude
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 10-April 07
  • 2,634 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 21 2017 - 11:54 PM

Hey man, it was just a theory of mine, no need to shove me up a cow's rear, or something equally as cruel and unusual. I just assessed that from evidence I have attained.

I'm not being hostile to you, just showing you how I really don't think your theory works.

line.gif

the_visions_of_thasos.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project (HEAD DEVELOPER) | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  |     ن

Farts are just the ghosts of that which we ate                                                               -                                                                 D r e a m s. They're the hurricanes that wash the soul-filth from the super-dome of the night-mind.

#88 Offline Toa Imrukii

Toa Imrukii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 01-March 14
  • 1,621 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 22 2017 - 12:04 AM

I'm not being hostile to you, just showing you how I really don't think your theory works.

I know, it's just a bit much is all I mean.

a_heroes_stance.png

#89 Offline Wiriamu

Wiriamu
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 11-November 06
  • 955 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 22 2017 - 10:54 AM

Anyway...

The My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic episode "Luna Eclipsed" briefly featured two Pegasi with Bat-like wings and ear tufts. These features-or at least the wings-would appear on more typical ponies like a magically transformed/costumed Fluttershy and an alternate timeline Rainbow Dash. However, the original Bat Ponies (or Thestrals, to borrow a Harry Potter term), or others like them have not yet appeared in any other episodes. In fact, the only other media they've appeared in is the book "Princess Luna and the Festival of the Winter Moon", which reveals that their race lives underground and require protective eye wear to endure daylight.

Both games bearing the title Star Wars Battlefront II have stories focusing on an elite Imperial unit. The original covered the 501st Clone/Stormtrooper Battalion, also known as Vader's Fist, while the second focuses on Inferno Squadron, a special forces group that goes on to become part of the First Order. I'd imagine fans will come up with some kind of modifier to distinguish the two in conversation.

Green is a color.

Edited by Wiriamu, Apr 22 2017 - 10:56 AM.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users