• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Silliest Thing About Bionicle

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Online Kitastrophe

Kitastrophe
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • pretty pretty princess

• 15-March 06
  • 8,578 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Jan 10 2017 - 05:45 AM

The Makuta receiving a name fans quickly shortened to "Terry"

I mean, I call him Terry. Scary Terry.

#42 Offline Tahu3.0

Tahu3.0
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 18-April 14
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2017 - 08:18 AM

The silliest thing of Bionicle was in one commercial just one.....

Maktudi the Bionic Man.

Edited by Tahu3.0, Jan 11 2017 - 08:18 AM.

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

#43 Offline Dubulyue

Dubulyue
  • Members
  • Toa

• 31-May 13
  • 167 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2017 - 08:25 AM

Maktudi the Bionic Man.

To be fair, they were making fun of the fact that parents couldn't remember the names of any of the characters.

#44 Offline Tahu3.0

Tahu3.0
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 18-April 14
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2017 - 08:52 AM

Maktudi the Bionic Man.

To be fair, they were making fun of the fact that parents couldn't remember the names of any of the characters.
That is sadly true in real life.

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

#45 Offline Alyska

Alyska
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Nuva

• 25-November 09
  • 1,796 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 11 2017 - 11:38 PM

When Pohatu gets buried by falling rocks

If only Pohatu could do something about those ROCKS...

Well in his defense, he didn't have elemental powers at the time, but Kopaka has no excuse.

Also from the Bohrok Kal arc, we have Tahu trying to stop rocks falling on his head with his fire powers. "Mask of Shielding? Why would I want to use that when I can just set things on fire?"

I guess it runs in the family.

Other silly things:

• The Hapka books mention the Toa putting new masks on top of their old ones, but completely fail to mention suvas at all. So it sounds as though the Toa are walking around with stacks of six masks on their faces at any given time.
  • The characters pulling objects out of nowhere from behind their backs in the movies (Vakama retrieving Lhikan's mask for Jaller looks particularly unfortunate)
  • Roodaka's entire design, and the silly snake noises that play every time she speaks in WoS (headcanon there was a visorak with maracas taped to its pincers following her around just outside the shot).
  • Hapka's version of Kopaka is tsundere for everyone.
  • Takanuva borrowed the Toa Nuva's weapons and scavenged Rahkshi and Bohrok parts to build a vehicle to help him fly down a deep, dark tunnel to Makuta's lair. Except the hole wasn't that deep, because it took Hahli roughly five minutes to climb out, give an inspiring speech and then get back down with everyone else including six senior citizens and a giant crab. 
  • Takanuva took 30 seconds to crash said vehicle.
  • Vezon and Brutaka quoting Jaws, implying Brutaka abuses the Olmak's power to sneak into our world and watch movies.
  • Takanuva's friendship powers never being used in the story. 
  • Vhisola's room is an actual Nokama shrine. Geez Vhisola, at least Macku only limited herself to a Hewkii plushie and a poster. 
  • Lewa controlling vines in Mask of Light. What are you, the Master of Jungle?
  • Gali had a blog, and would hold up the Toa's quests and just sit there blogging on her tablet, which was an actual stone tablet.
  • Malum canonically giving out stickers of himself.

I love this franchise so much.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

#46 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 11-March 07
  • 522 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 12 2017 - 07:37 PM

When Pohatu gets buried by falling rocks

If only Pohatu could do something about those ROCKS...

Well in his defense, he didn't have elemental powers at the time, but Kopaka has no excuse.

Also from the Bohrok Kal arc, we have Tahu trying to stop rocks falling on his head with his fire powers. "Mask of Shielding? Why would I want to use that when I can just set things on fire?"

I guess it runs in the family.

Other silly things:

• The Hapka books mention the Toa putting new masks on top of their old ones, but completely fail to mention suvas at all. So it sounds as though the Toa are walking around with stacks of six masks on their faces at any given time.
  • The characters pulling objects out of nowhere from behind their backs in the movies (Vakama retrieving Lhikan's mask for Jaller looks particularly unfortunate)
  • Roodaka's entire design, and the silly snake noises that play every time she speaks in WoS (headcanon there was a visorak with maracas taped to its pincers following her around just outside the shot).
  • Hapka's version of Kopaka is tsundere for everyone.
  • Takanuva borrowed the Toa Nuva's weapons and scavenged Rahkshi and Bohrok parts to build a vehicle to help him fly down a deep, dark tunnel to Makuta's lair. Except the hole wasn't that deep, because it took Hahli roughly five minutes to climb out, give an inspiring speech and then get back down with everyone else including six senior citizens and a giant crab. 
  • Takanuva took 30 seconds to crash said vehicle.
  • Vezon and Brutaka quoting Jaws, implying Brutaka abuses the Olmak's power to sneak into our world and watch movies.
  • Takanuva's friendship powers never being used in the story. 
  • Vhisola's room is an actual Nokama shrine. Geez Vhisola, at least Macku only limited herself to a Hewkii plushie and a poster. 
  • Lewa controlling vines in Mask of Light. What are you, the Master of Jungle?
  • Gali had a blog, and would hold up the Toa's quests and just sit there blogging on her tablet, which was an actual stone tablet.
  • Malum canonically giving out stickers of himself.

I love this franchise so much.

While I agree with all others, the whole thing with the Toa Mata stacking masks in Hapka's books isn't actually correct, yet it comes up often. Whenver the Toa found a new mask, they placed it upon their original and it "melted" into it, or was "absorbed" or however you want to put it. In fact, MNOG lined up with Hapka's version of the canon in the sense that in its resting position, their mask would be the original shape (Kakama for Pohatu, Akaku for Kopaka etc) regardless of how many mask they found, and would change shape when the power of another is used. If Kopaka had found his Kakama, then he wouldn't walk around with a Kakama physically stacked on his Akaku, rather he'd walk around with an Akaku, and whenever he'd use the Kakama's power, his mask would temporarily take on the shape of a Kakama. The Suva would only be needed once they have all six, and they would place the masks on it which would spit out a golden one that combines the six powers into a single mask while amplifying it too.

As funny as it would be for Toa to walk around with stacks of six masks on their faces, this was never actually implied in any of the media.

:kakama:

Stone does not bend. Stone does not break. Stone endures. :kakama: #LeaveStoneAlone2017

"The numbers never stop coming, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch, Person of Interest

"The fish was wet and slimy, and decidedly dead." - George Stobbart, Broken Sword

#47 Offline Logan McOwen

Logan McOwen
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 21-May 15
  • 319 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2017 - 07:13 AM

The timescales in Bionicle were pretty wacky. Things that could've happened in ten or so years instead spanned over thousands of years. It's ridiculous.

Edited by Logan McOwen, Jan 13 2017 - 07:13 AM.

#48 Offline ToaTimeLord II

ToaTimeLord II
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 20-January 16
  • 1,682 posts

Posted Jan 15 2017 - 10:21 AM

Toa of Iron - iron doesn't even exist in the MU.

Are you serious.
Okay that's pretty funny.

"Endings are beginnings waiting to be born."
Mata Nui

#49 Offline Toa Aeron

Toa Aeron
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 14-April 13
  • 607 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2017 - 12:39 PM

I also think that gender locking elements was pretty irrational, to say the least. Adding to that is of course the Piraka rap and how much we love it(!) But my personal gripe with all ofbionicle is the technological inconsistencies in the world. The inhabitants are both tribal and advanced at the same time and it really doesn't make sense to me. I just don't get how you can have subsonic aircraft and not have automated turrets to protect your villages.

Also many of Greg's recent answers in the Ask Greg topic. Especially his recent answers on the Kanohi Kakama.

What did he say about the Kakama?

Bionicle+memes_943cf4_5930342.gif

#50 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 11-March 07
  • 522 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2017 - 04:46 PM

Also many of Greg's recent answers in the Ask Greg topic. Especially his recent answers on the Kanohi Kakama.

What did he say about the Kakama?

Also curious about this >.>

:kakama:

Stone does not bend. Stone does not break. Stone endures. :kakama: #LeaveStoneAlone2017

"The numbers never stop coming, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch, Person of Interest

"The fish was wet and slimy, and decidedly dead." - George Stobbart, Broken Sword

#51 Online Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 07-October 07
  • 4,903 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2017 - 05:29 PM

But my personal gripe with all ofbionicle is the technological inconsistencies in the world. The inhabitants are both tribal and advanced at the same time and it really doesn't make sense to me. I just don't get how you can have subsonic aircraft and not have automated turrets to protect your villages.

This. It's so bizarre how, in a world full of amazingly advanced biomechanical lifeforms, there are no wheels and only one piece of paper.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

#52 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Flying Force!

• 06-April 10
  • 2,397 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 15 2017 - 07:55 PM

There are plenty of vehicles in the world of Bionicle. You just don't see them often because

a) No one travels

b) If they do travel it's across the ocean

New Video - 10 Years of G1, and Hello G2! Check it out!

If you know anything at all related to Nathan Furst's scores to the first three films - cue sheets, track titles, random slates, film stems, perhaps even the complete scores themselves - PM me at once!

#53 Offline Wiriamu

Wiriamu
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 11-November 06
  • 562 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 15 2017 - 09:09 PM

G1: The expanded universe overuse of characters like Tuyet and underuse of characters like the other Mangai or Toa Cordak, and the fact that Greg kept undoing developments like wiping out the Visorak only to have Teridax bring them back within five minutes of taking over the Mata Nui robot.

G2: Inconsistency.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users