• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Silliest Thing About Bionicle

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 Offline Toa Imrukii

Toa Imrukii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 01-March 14
  • 1,924 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 26 2017 - 11:23 PM

The Red Star's resurrection capabilities, alternate universes galore, the complete squandering of the potential of the story for The Legend Reborn and Spherus Magna lore. Oh, and the multitudes of MU elements.

Bah-humbug!

But the TLR part I agree with.

The silliest thing of Bionicle was in one commercial just one.....
Maktudi the Bionic Man.

To be fair, they were making fun of the fact that parents couldn't remember the names of any of the characters.
That is sadly true in real life.

Dude, my parents.... My dad specifically didn't give a rats-back about the names half the time, and he decided to call the Polyp Sea Squids 'Snot Rockets'...

Also sorry I couldn't copy the whole quote intact, BZP was acting stupid and replaced the last quote with the info of the first in this post.

Edited by Toa Imrukii, Mar 26 2017 - 11:34 PM.

Quote of the Month: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance."

:t: :m_o: :a:     :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i:

Andekas

KHnRqp7.png
A RUDE AWAKENING - A BIONICLE G1 Continuation and Video Game Project (ARTIST AND CONCEPTUALIST) | I am an ENFP, that is my Personality.
Check Out Makuta Teridax: Reaper of Darkness | Check out my Taknuva Stars MOC |

#82 Offline jupoawp

jupoawp
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 26-October 15
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 27 2017 - 12:31 AM

Dude, my parents.... My dad specifically didn't give a rats-back about the names half the time, and he decided to call the Polyp Sea Squids 'Snot Rockets'...

I never had this problem, my parents are pretty cool with names and stuff like that.

i just saw the maktudi the bionic man commercial... it was great.

I liked G2.  :o

Also known as:

Aguyinahat

Aleksyi

also i write some and do some art, bad at both though.

#83 Offline ZOMBI3S

ZOMBI3S
  • Members
  • Toa

• 09-February 08
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 27 2017 - 06:57 PM

New headcannon: all sea squids are barraki snot rockets

#84 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 07-October 07
  • 5,074 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 27 2017 - 10:37 PM

New headcannon: all sea squids are barraki snot rockets

Yeah, in your dad's defense, they really do look more like boogers than squids.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama
okonicle.png
Click here to visit my library!

#85 Offline Illuminatus

Illuminatus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 07-January 05
  • 5,314 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Apr 01 2017 - 06:04 PM

I just looked up Maktudi/Maktuti/McTooty The Bionic Man and I have to say the commercial is brilliant.

BIONICLE should've used more self irony and meta humor in its promotion.

$50 OR MORE FOR THIS CD! C4oo0TM.png $50 OR MORE FOR THIS CD!

#86 Offline Lenny7092

Lenny7092
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 04-September 09
  • 1,014 posts
  •  

Posted May 04 2017 - 10:16 PM

I just thought of something pretty silly: Why do a building contest for the Piraka fusion (Vezok+Reidak)? It's not necessary to do that. We could've have instructions on combining Vezok and Reidak into the Fusion instead. Why making him look like that he doesn't look like a fusion of Vezok and Reidak much? I mean, a skull-faced guy with yellow-and-blue-colored armor and a disk-like tip on the an awfully-long tail?

Anyway, I agree with you guys about Sea Squids looking like boogers. Perhaps they should be called "Sea Boogers". Lol.:P Man, why call them Sea "Squids" when they look more like boogers, like you said? Silly, and kinda bothers me. I think they should've been called "Sea Leeches" or "Squid Leeches" in my opinion.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

#87 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 07-October 07
  • 5,074 posts
  •  

Posted May 05 2017 - 01:34 PM

I just thought of something pretty silly: Why do a building contest for the Piraka fusion (Vezok+Reidak)? It's not necessary to do that. We could've have instructions on combining Vezok and Reidak into the Fusion instead. Why making him look like that he doesn't look like a fusion of Vezok and Reidak much? I mean, a skull-faced guy with yellow-and-blue-colored armor and a disk-like tip on the an awfully-long tail?

Anyway, I agree with you guys about Sea Squids looking like boogers. Perhaps they should be called "Sea Boogers". Lol.:P Man, why call them Sea "Squids" when they look more like boogers, like you said? Silly, and kinda bothers me. I think they should've been called "Sea Leeches" or "Squid Leeches" in my opinion.

Leeches actually totally works. I know they were called "Polyps" in Europe, which I think is a type of coral. But Leeches actually fits so well. They look like them, and they're scary.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama
okonicle.png
Click here to visit my library!

#88 Offline Wiriamu

Wiriamu
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 11-November 06
  • 1,237 posts
  •  

Posted May 05 2017 - 02:12 PM

Yeah, especially when you consider the Piraka combiner models that lacked even the storyline significance of the Rahi from the previous year. Or even put Irnakk or Umbra there in place of or in addition to their prior appearances to give them a little more validity as sets.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Videos

Taken down-don't know if I'll do any more.

#89 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 11-March 11
  • 610 posts
  •  

Posted May 06 2017 - 04:55 PM

Pretty much everything involving the villains in Bionicle Heroes, but in the best way possible.

#90 Offline CommanderKumo

CommanderKumo
  • Members
  • Toa

• 08-May 17
  • 170 posts

Posted May 28 2017 - 09:18 AM

The Rebuilding! Leave the mctoran alone!

Also in Bionicle Legends #2 I think, the whole plot in Kharzani is just an elaborate excuse for the sets not having their respective matoran's masks, It's a cool subplot, but I find it a tad silly

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....KmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

#91 Online Gadunka101

Gadunka101
  • Members
  • Turaga

• 23-July 16
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted May 29 2017 - 06:59 AM

the fact that lego ended g1 just before mata nui and his friends were going to go on a big adventure. they could have just done another wave giving the story a proper ending that was satisfying but no we got the stars and some big battle that to be honest made no sense anyway

looking for any prototype masks, will buy and trade

#92 Offline Wiriamu

Wiriamu
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 11-November 06
  • 1,237 posts
  •  

Posted May 30 2017 - 02:08 PM

The Rebuilding! Leave the mctoran alone!

Also in Bionicle Legends #2 I think, the whole plot in Kharzani is just an elaborate excuse for the sets not having their respective matoran's masks, It's a cool subplot, but I find it a tad silly

You may be right on the money there. The saddest thing was the so-called payoff: they act like Karzahni's going to be a serious threat to the universe and he ends up getting his butt kicked by Teridax, captured by the Order of Mata Nui, and then done in by Velika. Not silly so much as sad.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Videos

Taken down-don't know if I'll do any more.

#93 Offline rednas3636

rednas3636
  • Members
  • Scavenger Va

• 29-March 05
  • 650 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 31 2017 - 01:30 PM

Making an island on top of your face that has the shape of your brain to conceal it. 

TheSkeletonMan939, Twister92, SPIRIT and Gatanui are awesome for uploading soundtracks and games and stuff.

#94 Offline slifer3000

slifer3000
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 27-February 13
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2017 - 07:09 PM

Sorry to be off topic but can someone please fill us in on exactly what Greg said about the Kakama that has everyone riled up?

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

#95 Online Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 11-March 07
  • 665 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 16 2017 - 12:20 AM

Sorry to be off topic but can someone please fill us in on exactly what Greg said about the Kakama that has everyone riled up?

I'm mighty curious about this tidbit too

:kakama:

Stone does not bend. Stone does not break. Stone endures. :kakama: 

"The fish was wet and slimy, and decidedly dead." - George Stobbart, Broken Sword

I write stories, which you can read at A Beach, Somewhere

#96 Offline Otos

Otos
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 13-August 16
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 16 2017 - 07:16 AM

Reviving some dead characters, I hated that.

#97 Offline MrSciFiGuy

MrSciFiGuy
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Defeated

• 22-December 04
  • 3,340 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 17 2017 - 04:42 AM

Sea squids. Fun idea, horrible toy execution

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

#98 Online Iron_Man5

Iron_Man5
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 26-February 14
  • 881 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2017 - 05:47 AM

Toa Inika heads. Mainly because they were advertised as being glow in the dark (how cool would that have been, pitch blackness, and all you see of the heroes and villains were glowing eyes and mouths), and because you couldn't swap out their masks like the previous years.

"I am Iron Man"

:i:  :a: :m:  :i: :r: :m_o: :n:  :m: :a: :n:

bannerbzp_by_tattorack-d7ht9tk.jpg

signature art by Tattorak

#99 Offline slifer3000

slifer3000
  • Members
  • Lightning Voyager

• 27-February 13
  • 344 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2017 - 12:33 AM

The Bohrok coming from Av-Matoran. Aside from winking back at the fact that the Bahrag said the Toa were related to the Bohrok, this wasn't important and didn't change anything. Plus, the Bohrok are supposed to be nearly limitless to get their job done as quickly as they can. How could there be enough Av-Matoran to satisfy the need for an army of destructive robots? The Bohrok also had deployed and returned to slumber several times, I would assume, over the course of their existence. What is the point of adding to their number as they go? Sure, maybe some get destroyed and/or damaged during their missions, but simply replacing them with sapient Matoran seems like such an overly complicated method of doing things as opposed to maybe wiring the Bohrok Va to also function as mechanics. Heck, let them use their Krana as added brain power if that's necessary. 

(If I'm wrong about any of my postulations, let me know)

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users