Slizer Mafia 2: Okotans' Revenge

Pahrak Model ZX

I’ve heard from the Skull Slizer, and comparing the votes placed for Taka Nuvia to the votes yet to be placed, there is no way to alter the result.  As such, I’m going to proceed with wrapping up the game.

End: Judgment Past

Taka Nuvia – 6

Taka Nuvia dug her fingers into the railing as the Okotans called out her name.  The AI firing squad turned toward her, but she reached for the control panel and deactivated it just in time.

“I don’t think so,” the Judge Slizer declared.

Luroka took a step forward, donning the Mask of Creation.  “What happened to carrying out MAFIA Protocol without bias?”

“This vote is a sham!  You Okotans took control of it!”

“We’ve managed to control quite a few.  Or hadn’t you noticed?  Yet, only now that it turns on you, do you decide to put an end to it.”

Taka drew a disk and shouted, “Get them!  Don’t let them leave here alive!”

Luroka cast a glance and jed1ndy, who shrugged and said, “I’m Hiker Mike.  All I need to do is survive.”

“Hm.  Well, I’m somewhat annoyed that you destroyed Tahu’s will to fight—“ His eyes drifted towards Ehksidian.  “—but I suppose there was no harm done.  Be gone from here.”

As jed1ndy departed, Unit cautiously raised a disk.  Kranan flattened him with one swing of his three-pronged staff, saying, “The last Redshirt…what a dubious honor, keheheh…”

Taka threw her disk, but it bounced off of Luroka’s armor.  She turned to run, but someone stood in her way: Toa Smoke Monster, the Skull Slizer, staring into her with his dead, vacant eyes.

“I’m sorry, Judge Slizer,” he apologized.

She looked back over the balcony to see Burnmad aiming his bow.

“…I did what I had to do to save my world!” Taka yelled.  “You’re doing the same thing now, aren’t you?  We became locked in an endless cycle of war, unable to change, unable to move forward!  Wouldn’t anyone want to escape that?”

“But you did,” Luroka said.  “You were able to band together and defy the status quo you were trapped in.  You escaped your doomed world, and went from one to another to another, and laid waste to them all.”

“Searching for a way to save ours!”

“You fool.  Did it ever once occur to you to simply come in peace?”

“…What?”

“You could have just asked for help.  Even if you didn’t find it, you could have just adapted to a new life in a new world, rather than slaughtering to get a do-over for one you had already left behind.”

“Then doesn’t the same apply to you, hypocrite?”

Luroka shook his head.  “There are still many lives in the world you have tried to destroy.  We fight to save them…was anyone in danger of your world vanishing if you simply took the route of peace?”

Taka didn’t answer.  Satisfied, Luroka turned and nodded to Burnmad.

“Farewell, Judge Slizer.  I am sorry our worlds could not co-exist.”

Burnmad shot Taka down, and then put away his weapon.  “That’s the last of their pitiful task force.  Do we have all the information we need?”

Luroka looked up at Smoke.  He held a data disk in his hand.

“I believe we do,” the Mask Maker said.  “Ehksidian, you’re welcome to come along, if you would like.  We’re going to pay a visit to the Judge Coronet.”

Taka Nuvia (Judge Slizer), lynched

Unit#phntk#1 (Redshirt Slizer), eliminated with no chance of victory

The Okotans and Hiker Mike have won the game!

Epilogue: Soul Out of Machine

The Judge Coronet’s chamber was on the very top floor of the tower, its massive iron door sealed by nearly a hundred electronic locks.  Luroka looked down at the tablet in his hand, and then looked back up and reached for the keypad, disabling them all one by one.  As the door started to move, he said, “They may share the blame for this mess, but they used to be one of us.  Negotiation is our preferred tactic here.”

The room beyond was circular and empty, its chrome walls decorated only by the lines of yellow light that rung around its perimeter.  At the center, upon a high pedestal, stood a single being: they were taller than any other Slizer they had seen, and covered in thick yellow and black armor that was spread evenly across their form, giving an impression of compact power.  A long black cape hung from their shoulders, and their hands rested on the head of golden scepter that was roughly half their height.  They opened their eyes and took notice of the Okotans, and smiled.

“So,” said the Judge Coronet, “I take it you annihilated Taka Nuvia’s little band.  And here I actually put my faith in her.”

“You don’t have to pretend,” Luroka said.  “We obtained the astral mutation program’s records, and were able to verify your identity.  After the original Skull Slizer used the Mask of Time, they went back into the program for further enhancement, and ultimately became one of the eight Coronet Slizers built to lead this planet.”  He held his hand out. “You are one of us.”

The Judge Coronet chuckled, settling their gaze on Toa Smoke Monster.  “I was.  What is that?  Something you crafted in my image?”

“I thought it a fitting reversal,” Kranan said.  “They corrupted one of ours, so I corrupted one of theirs.”

“I see,” the Judge Coronet mused.  “How very…crude.”

Eight disks made of pure energy suddenly appeared in a ring behind the Judge Coronet.  One of them flew forward, splintering Smoke’s Skull Spider Mask as well as his cranium.  Kranan jumped in surprise.

“Even as the Skull Slizer, I was immortal,” the Coronet continued as the gap in their ring was filled with a new disk.  “Your magic pales in comparison to astral mutation, necromancer.”

Kranan stepped forward, but Luroka held up a hand to stop him.  “Please hear us out,” the Mask Maker said.  “Now that this new timeline has been born, the original is slowly being destroyed.  If nothing is done, then Okoto and all the people on it will cease to exist.”

The Judge Coronet nodded.  “I know this.”

“Will you help us to save it?”

The Judge Coronet shook their head, grinning wider.  “I will not.”

Burnmad readied his bow.  “You turncoat!  Here we are putting aside our differences—the least you could do is—“

A disk cleaved his bow in two, cutting him off.  “Tsk,” the Judge Coronet scolded, “for how much you know about the program, you really ought to know better.  My initial programming was to destroy all enemies.  Namely, Okotans.  If you are all to be destroyed anyway, then I would rather hasten than delay it.”

Ehksidian came forward then.  “Will you at least tell us where the Mask of Time is?  Surely you have no further use for it—you can keep this timeline, and we can keep ours!”

“I do not know where the Mask is.  The Millennium Slizer absconded with it a few arcs ago, and I haven’t seen them since.  But again, I would not tell you if I did.  Perhaps I have not made my point clearly enough.”

Two disks buzzed towards Kranan, severing his arms before he could react.  He fell to his knees and screamed.

Luroka slowly reached for his hammer.  “…Why do you still obey that programming?  You should have been reprogrammed upon becoming the Judge Coronet—programmed to be a wise, objective leader dedicated to keeping their people safe.”

“That programming was added, yes,” the Coronet said.  “However, the original programming was never erased.  Quite an oversight on the Science Slizers’ part.  It has taken some time for me to make sense of it all, two conflicting, all-consuming objectives: ‘Lead’, but also ‘Kill’.  I believe I have finally reached a conclusion, however.”

Another ring of disks appeared around the first, adding another 16 to the Judge Coronet’s arsenal.

“I will lead my people into battle, and kill all of their enemies.  I will kill all who are disloyal to me, including the other Coronet Slizers, who thought my destruction preferable to your triumph.  You killed Slizers who were loyal to me, and therefore, I must now kill you.”

A third ring of disks appeared, and then a fourth.  A total of 120 energy disks now slowly orbited in the space behind the Judge Coronet.

“It is such a shame you won’t be around to see what comes next.  Suffice to say I have grand plans for that portal to the Void you so graciously opened for me, once the astral mutation program finishes the task I have laid out for them.”

Burnmad drew his sword.  “Well…I’m not going down without a fight!”

Kranan managed to get to his feet.  Luroka was about to join them, when Ehksidian stepped in his way.

“Get out of here, Mask Maker.”

“This was my miscalculation—I shall not abandon you all now!”

Ehksidian looked him in the eye.  “You can’t die until the rest of us are dead: you have a chance to escape!  If at least one of us does, then we might still be able to find the Millennium Slizer and use the Mask of Time to undo all of this!  We still have a chance, but you have to take it!”

Luroka wished he had more time to decide.  Swallowing his pride, he turned and made for the exit.  Ehksidian faced the Judge Coronet and extended her blades.  In a flash of burning light, Ikir flew into the tower, uniting with the Toa at last in an explosion of power.  She, Kranan, and Burnmad rushed forward as one.

“Good,” the Judge Coronet laughed, “I was so hoping you’d resist!”

To be continued

• Upvote 1

That was a really interesting and fun game. It'll be interesting to possibly see how this ends out in a Slizer mafia 3.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )