The Gasket Brothers

Kanakalackin

Prepare for trouble...
...And make it double!

or this could be Attack of the Clones idk

The Gasket Brothers are infamous members of the Mean Wheels gang. "What are they infamous for?" You may ask, bumbling around their native planet of X-Speedia and somehow succeeding in their nefarious deeds. As far as gangsters go, these two are as incompetent as they come, however, they are incredibly loyal to each other and whoever they're working for. Currently they serve as co-representatives of the Mean Wheels gang for Carmine Wheeler after a treaty was signed between the Heavy Treads, Mean Wheels, and Motostrikes to dominate their planet and essentially run it under the leadership of Carmine himself...

31178123422_6241af026c.jpg

Flange Gasket is probably the least competent of the two brothers, preferring to take a stab at problems immediately rather than wait and see how things play out from a distance.

30500023914_f824b21228_n.jpg 30514620413_b147371ef3_n.jpg

Manifold "Fold" Gasket is arguably the most competent of the two brothers purely because, to a degree, he thinks through how to solve problems first rather than get up close and personal with them as soon as possible. Whenever there's talking to do, Fold's the one who seemingly does it the best while not annoying and aggravating everybody else in the room.

31207191101_40318b7c7b_n.jpg 30514620193_a1e232dcd8_n.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you didn't guess it from the blurbs I threw up there to give a bit of characterization to these wheelie cool dudes and the world they live in, I suddenly regained my interest in developing it and potentially tying it into another series of MOCs I hope to work on that inhabit a universe outside of BIONICLE or Hero Factory. This is all part of a plan I have for BrickFair Virginia 2017, where I plan to exhibit some of my favorite MOCs from the past year or so that garnered a lot of positive feedback or I felt were swept under the rug in the midst of everything kicking back into high gear with BIONICLE's short-lived revival. I hope to ultimately have a little setup in the BIONICLE section with Carmine Wheeler, the Gasket Brothers, and two other gang representatives from the Heavy Treads (construction-themed gang) and Motostrikes (motorcycle-themed gang). I've already got the wheels in my head turning on how I want the last two to look, so be sure to check back when I hammer them out!

• Upvote 9

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Oh, cool, a new MOC. This section of the forum has been quite silent lately - and it's practically the only reason I'm still on the site.

So far I've never seen the Star Wars armor part used on the arms, only on the legs. The result is a little weird, but fitting! We're talking about walking, fighting thread-bodied robots after all. I guess Flange is the muscle and Fold the mind in this duo. They look cute, and combative. I'm looking forward to see more of your 'outside Bionicle/Hero factory universes' characters (not that it is anything unheard of anyway)!

• Upvote 2

Saw these guys on Flickr earlier! Nice work - not terribly complex builds, but certainly original and full of character. I'm guessing the mouths are handmade stickers? Would have preferred to see official stickers for the mouths but that's just the snooty purist in me talking. ;)

• Upvote 1

I'm guessing the mouths are handmade stickers? Would have preferred to see official stickers for the mouths but that's just the snooty purist in me talking. ;)

Yeah, I printed out a few minifig face prints on some label paper and stuck the mouths on the tires. I really wish Lego would just release a sheet of minifig face decals, they'd be a fantastic resource for things like this.

• Upvote 1

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

• 1 month later...