BZP Lovers Suites?

Zacian

Hey, so a funny thing happened.

When I typed men. in. black. suites. in a topic in Games and Trivia it ended up becoming BZP Lovers Suites (which is somewhat entertaining imo) . Just out of curiosity, what is this about, really?

Edited by Koala Kranan
  • Upvote 5

OMG, that's hilarious. I had completely forgotten about that filter, but it chose to manifest itself in one of the greatest ways possible.

Now I'm picturing actual "BZP Lovers' Suites". Like, private forums for the surprisingly large number of couples who have found each other through BZPower. Completely impractical, but a fun mental image nonetheless.

• Upvote 6

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the name of this topic and I freaked out, thinking I had gotten old and BZPower had changed something. Of course, I'm not familiar with every word in the word filter, other than the word that "Cool dude" replaces.

To answer your question, yes, as some others have pointed out, the name that gets replaced by... that bizarre image in my head... they were a hacking group that went around making idle threats to members and the forums. I even got a PM by someone claiming to be them and I reported it like ASAP because it scared me. This happened around 2009-2010, when the forums went down for a really long time. Sadly close to when G1 was officially cancelled. Those were some very sad, dark times indeed.

So, I guess in the future, if you choose to use those specific words in a topic title or even a post, it'll manifest itself as that. Kind of a shame, since those words are also the name of some popular movies as well. Oh well. Cest la vie.

• Upvote 3

I saw the name of this topic and I freaked out, thinking I had gotten old and BZPower had changed something. Of course, I'm not familiar with every word in the word filter, other than the word that "Cool dude" replaces.

To answer your question, yes, as some others have pointed out, the name that gets replaced by... that bizarre image in my head... they were a hacking group that went around making idle threats to members and the forums. I even got a PM by someone claiming to be them and I reported it like ASAP because it scared me. This happened around 2009-2010, when the forums went down for a really long time. Sadly close to when G1 was officially cancelled. Those were some very sad, dark times indeed.

So, I guess in the future, if you choose to use those specific words in a topic title or even a post, it'll manifest itself as that. Kind of a shame, since those words are also the name of some popular movies as well. Oh well. Cest la vie.

Replaced. They've repealed that now. Yes, you can say idiot.

And I don't think BZP should be judged for any animosity towards a hacker group that helped crash the forums. In fact, I think perhaps this is a most fitting punishment, so that nobody will be able to repeat the name in public without causing humiliation towards any surviving members.

And if you're worried that someone will be unable to mention that movie series, anyone wishing to discuss it will know the acronym MiB.

• Upvote 2

Pretty sure it was the name of a hacker group that targeted BZP in the past, around 2006 or 2007?

It was more like 2009, at least the incident I'm remembering.

Well I guess that pretty much explains it. Thanks. I thought it was some kind of a joke the staff made a long time ago and decided to keep it that way for fun's sake.

OMG, that's hilarious. I had completely forgotten about that filter, but it chose to manifest itself in one of the greatest ways possible.

Now I'm picturing actual "BZP Lovers' Suites". Like, private forums for the surprisingly large number of couples who have found each other through BZPower. Completely impractical, but a fun mental image nonetheless.

lol

Wow, I didn't think it was that scary. What kind of threats did they make? Thanks for the answer.

Replaced. They've repealed that now. Yes, you can say idiot.

And I don't think BZP should be judged for any animosity towards a hacker group that helped crash the forums. In fact, I think perhaps this is a most fitting punishment, so that nobody will be able to repeat the name in public without causing humiliation towards any surviving members.

And if you're worried that someone will be unable to mention that movie series, anyone wishing to discuss it will know the acronym MiB.

If we're talking about that really long downtime in 2011, then that wasn't really anyone crashing the site.

It was more, if I remember correctly, an attempt to upgrade the site, do maintenance, database stuff, yadda yadda that ended up taking a really long time.

Those guys did do the Dataclysm, I think. But that was more early 2009.

Edited by 25K When?