Brickbeard Takes on Monsters, Cops, Campers, and Toa!

To kick off the month of December, LEGO has released a new fun new stop-motion video series titled "The Misadventures of Brickbeard". In the prologue,

, a kid makes his LEGO figures promise not to get up to any trouble when he's at school. But the pirate Brickbeard has never been one to play by the rules! One by one he attempts to plunder the worlds of
, and
. The life of a pirate is never easy, though, and to his chagrin, each world he attacks find its own way of protecting itself! Follow the links above or read on to see what happens!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Hey, somewhat new Bionicle content from Lego! :o

Also, I think Tahu took out the threat of Brickbeard once and for all in his video. :P

I didn't expect new content from Bionicle, either. Anyway, it's funny that Tahu could take on a ship of pirates on his own because he is realistally much bigger than them due to the fact that they all are Lego sets.:P

Also anyway, I wonder that if The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe makes a movie that includes Bionicle characters, the characters would do the same thing to minifigure characters; being undefeatable giants who can kick their butts easily in a minute or less.:P

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

There's a sort of irony in the fact that while the 2015 Bionicle reboot only lasted four waves, the 2015 Pirates reboot only lasted a single wave. No wonder they couldn't stand up to Tahu. :P

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

A clever campaign from Lego.  I would have released 1 video a day across the week or had a mirror site on the Lego home page where you could choose your own adventure.  But those minor quibbles don't dampen a cute way to remind kids Christmas is around the corner. 

Thoughts and star rating for each short. (3 stars possible) 

Brickbeard: 2 stars

Toy Story 2 3/4 - Toys come to life the moment your back is turned.  It is a pretty worn out concept by now, but the familiarity works in their favor. One point, when the pirates invade it takes place on islands and the high seas.  The first video had me thinking this would be the kid's room. 

Jestro: 2 stars 

You're a wizard, Jestro. I'm glad to see Jestro use magic competently. In the TV series he often forgets he has these powers. Not much to say about this one. I liked the ending.  It was really funny. 

City: 3 stars 

"Lord Business Thruway? Does anyone have some studs?"  If you are going to 'borrow' take from the best. This was a scene straight out of 'Blazing Saddles' City could use some character development.  I know Lego wants to make it as big as Ninjago or Lego Batman, but I honestly couldn't tell a cop from a rookie on this set.  This is something to work on in the future. 

Friends: 3 stars

"Meep! Meep!"  This was my favorite.  After an initial freak out, the girls come up with a plan to outsmart those pesky pirates. Get in your girl power punches now, I suspect DC Super Hero Girls will be stealing a lot of that thunder next year. 

Bionicle: 3 stars 

"Gathered friends welcome once again to the tale of the... oh its over"  Yeah, so its clear these shorts were made back in the summer before Bionicle was discontinued. Could have used an appearance by Ikir.  It was funny having these minifigs go up against a Toa-sized Tahu.  Slow your roll little pirates.

Overall: 3 stars 

I think a video for Lego Dimensions or Elves would have fit nicely as well as a concluding chapter.  Something like the pirates get invited to a party with all the other sets to show no hard feelings. 

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

Gimme a sec, I need to go party in the corner...

Okay, I'm back. I'm so glad that LEGO has given the recognition BIONICLE deserves. Despite the theme technically being dead again. I hope we see more from LEGO like this, again. I hope, that BIONICLE makes a cameo in the second LEGO Movie, outside of it just being a quick picture. But at least I can see now why they don't tend to include BIONICLE as a theme in much in terms of cameo appearances, they're huge. And that was a technicality to begin with, but seeing as how they dealt with it here, that shows that both, Yes, they are massive, and Yes, they can be worked with. I could imagine a Clash of the Giants type scene of sorts with the Toa, that would be Amazing.

BE-A-U-TIFUL. I'm happy.

Edited by Spoopy Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png