Pylon, the Brute

Kanakalackin

A renowned warrior from the distant planet Mechaniron,

Pylon leads his legion of brutes into battle against all who oppose him.

~~~

31264750640_269dc0bde8.jpg

31264775060_5cce7f0560_m.jpg                           31599991386_6f97743c5e_m.jpg

Flickr Album

~~~

So this MOC took about two months to build, nitpick over, and rebuild to get to the point it's at today. I can personally say that I'm pleased with the way Pylon came out in the end, being originally driven by the usage of Hero Factory 1.0 pieces in different ways (I mean, the leg armor is still leg armor, but it's upside down now). The longer I took with him, the more the MOC evolved from a much smaller drone-like character into a hulking, ax-wielding brute. In the story I'm developing, he is part of the same robotic species as Spry (a MOC I made earlier this year), as well as in the same universe as Carmine Wheeler and the Gasket Brothers.

Edited by OUR BOY
  • Upvote 3

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Using Hero Factory torso armors in cool ways? And the leg armor from the first wave, too. That does it for me. What else can I say? He nails the brute character perfectly; I'm not sure if the light in his chest is supposed to be an eye/head of some sort, but I gotta say the holes in the upper/central part of the Hero Factory chestplate look like eyes and mouth, and that's great. What are the blades on the back for?

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure if the light in his chest is supposed to be an eye/head of some sort, but I gotta say the holes in the upper/central part of the Hero Factory chestplate look like eyes and mouth, and that's great.

The light is supposed to be his eye, in order to fit with the aesthetic set by the previous MOC. Someone did point out to me that the holes do look like eyes and mouth. I can assure you though, that was completely unintentional :)

What are the blades on the back for?
They're purely for looks, inspired by the back fin on the Kaiju Mutavore from the movie Pacific Rim
Edited by OUR BOY
  • Upvote 1

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

I'm not sure if the light in his chest is supposed to be an eye/head of some sort, but I gotta say the holes in the upper/central part of the Hero Factory chestplate look like eyes and mouth, and that's great.

The light is supposed to be his eye, in order to fit with the aesthetic set by the previous MOC. Someone did point out to me that the holes do look like eyes and mouth. I can assure you though, that was completely unintentional :)

Shame seeing how the face formed just above the eye looks much more like that of a brute, than the mouth-less one-eyed one, to me.

Nice job on the lights btw.

I feel like you should have replaced the trans orange with more trans green. Besides that, I like the bulky look this guy has and the red and silver look good. It's good to see people making use of old first year hero factory pieces.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shame seeing how the face formed just above the eye looks much more like that of a brute, than the mouth-less one-eyed one, to me.

Nice job on the lights btw.

I think we are all reading the light as the chin. It looks like a mouth right above the light. That's actually the part I like the best.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...