Happy Holidays from the LEGO Bionicle Team on Facebook

The official LEGO Bionicle Facebook page has posted a brand-new illustration by Matt Betteker showing the Toa and Ekimu in the mountains overlooking the City of the Mask Makers as snow falls from above and the sun crosses the distant horizon. In the center of the image, Tahu gives a thumbs up, carrying a large sack on his back (much like another famous man in red). There are also some great easter eggs in this image, including a mysterious mask and a touching Okotan message. Follow the link above to check out the new artwork and the Bionicle team's holiday greeting!

View the full article

It's great to see another one of these. Say what you want about Gen 2 Bionicle, but it's artwork has definitely been some of the best Bionicle material to come out of it IMO. 

Ekimu looks great here. The background, with the rising sun and other planets, looks amazing too. I do feel bad for Lewa though, as he is the Toa on that other mountain. I guess he got lost from his teammates. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I must say, this is a fantastic picture as always! Very nice sunset over there!:D Anyway, does anyone notice the G2 Mask of Time in Tahu's bag?

Anyway, it's funny that Lewa is on a mountain on the other side of the picture. Seems he got lost.:P

Plus, Ekimu's face remind me of Bumblebee's from the live-action Transformers Movie for how he looks.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Saw this earlier today, and instantly grabbed it as my FB and Twitter cover picture. G2's concept art has been insanely good throughout the line's run, and the more I see of it the more jelly I am of the people who won that art book in the Makuta contest.

On the other hand, seeing this also made me really sodding sad about G2 being canceled. Again.

Well this sucks...  :begging:

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki: