Altheona, the Twilight Valkyrie

BrickPharaoh

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1.jpg

"Lux in Tenebris

Here stands before you the mightiest of the Valkyrie, the one who watches over the balance between Light and Darkness, the Emissiary of Chaos. Her name is Altheona, the Twilight Valkyrie

A noble warrior, versed in the arts of chaos, and capable of unleashing tremendous power to vanquish her foes, and restore the balance between the Light and Darkness when under threat.

31744617842_e481fa6bb7.jpg

Armed with an arsenal of mystical weapons forged with the very essence of those powers, Altheona is a skillful combatant when the need arises. She can summon the weapons and fluidly transition between their combinations for maximum effect. Her Seraphic Spear and Shield of Virtue are her primary response to the minions of darkness. She can also call upon the shadows to bring forth her Hellforged Mace and Demonic Shield to eliminate transgressors who serve the Light."

31775857451_430746bda3.jpg

31775858551_4fde25b6dd_z.jpg

31812431262_4a46d7fc84.jpg

31120232054_a7258ac1c7.jpg

31120232324_8eefa198dc.jpg

Fourth Wall

How overdue is this though!

For those of you who have been following me, you will have seen WIP's of this for several months. At some point I was done with it and I figured you guys might want to see it. So without further ado, here's a preview of my most perfect WIP to date: the Twilight Valkyrie!

I took a whole lot of (subconscious) inspiration from chaos-themed Yu-Gi-Oh! monsters, such as Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning,  BLS - Envoy of the Evening TwilightTethys, Goddess of Light, and several others. 

I have always been fascinated with the concept of perfect asymmetry, that splits a being completely between light and darkness, or any other similarly conflicting powers or phenomena. I have attempted several such MOC's in the past, such as Darklight Paladin, and Draxx, Return of the Magnetomenace. I have also created an LDD collab with TheOneVeyronian depicting this concept as a chess game.

So there you have it! I hope you guys have enjoyed looking at this MOC, thanks in advance for likes/comments, and Happy Holidays!

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei
  • Upvote 8

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

She's big, I'm not fond of the general shape of the leg's, and the exposed thinner part of the lower arms  but with a model of this size and detail I'm not so sure what could be done to improve this.

Well done on building this big!

The legs were a bit tricky to pull off, and tbh I'm not even that huge a fan of how they look. But I was adamant on using one of my previous ideas to build the back of them, so I chose to sacrifice the overall appearance in favor of technique. It also causes minor stability problems, but she's on a stand so...meh.

With respect to the exposed part of the lower arms, now that I really couldn't do much about. I opted in for this solution as I felt nothing else quite worked to give the impression of bare upper arms/elbows. 

Anyway, thanks for your input! Glad you liked it overall!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, it's hard to make an MoC of that size without it becoming an absolute mess of pieces, but you've done a pretty good job with it anyways.  You got a lot of mileage out of the half-and-half concept, especially with the weapon designs.

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )