Conjurer (Dark Hunter Revamp/Tribute)

3pA5q08.jpg

Check out my Flickr for more pictures (including his Staff - don't miss that!).

A revamp of Conjurer, a model from the Dark Hunter Contest in 2005; in quite the likeness to the Tracker and his 'Ice Bull-Dog' I made two years ago for BZpower contest #69.

After narrowing the colour scheme to the one you see, I decided to go for an elegant, pompous and lordly look befitting a 'Dramatic Warrior King Conquerer Genius Magician'. He does it all, man.

Very, very pleased with how this turned out. All three main colours are of course very limited in variety, so I had to really make good use of what I had.

Edit: Le Staff:

2kqywHt.jpg
Edited by Poor Disadvantaged
  • Upvote 12

This is grand. His menacing physique and audacious color scheme help set him apart from the mainstream. I quite like the head also. 

Spectacular job overall!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Yes, he looks like the dramatic king warrior magician he really is - he thinks he is. Clawed hands are menacing and dramatic, both of them, and is always nice to see the shortly lived Metru Brown, and all those pieces from the past - you actually managed to use Tohunga feet in a MOC, if my eyes don't deceive me!

The one thing I'm not fond of is the head, the mouth in particular, that plain light gray piece specifically. Looks off, and I'm not really sure what's it supposed to be. Great work nevertheless.

This is grand. His menacing physique and audacious color scheme help set him apart from the mainstream. I quite like the head also. 

Spectacular job overall!

:tohu:

While I'm not fond of his shorter feet, the rest of him is a sight to behold, the gold and browns go together well and I like the inclusion of a Rhotuka launcher. Well done!

Yes, he looks like the dramatic king warrior magician he really is - he thinks he is. Clawed hands are menacing and dramatic, both of them, and is always nice to see the shortly lived Metru Brown, and all those pieces from the past - you actually managed to use Tohunga feet in a MOC, if my eyes don't deceive me!

The one thing I'm not fond of is the head, the mouth in particular, that plain light gray piece specifically. Looks off, and I'm not really sure what's it supposed to be. Great work nevertheless.

Thanks all! Yeah, definitely not your run-of-the-mill colour scheme at all, haha.

Regarding the feet: I did try several different versions, including two-taloned 'Nivawk-esque' ones, but they all kind of just killed off the elegant look I was going for. I dunno, I'm quite averse to large feet in general if they don't contribute anything to a model.

Regarding the head: I had no idea what the mouth of the original was either, so I went for some mouth-piece. Perhaps it's a breathing apparatus, or a vocabulator that gives him a deep and sexy voice. I personally like the shape of it - it probably just looks terrible because it's Light Grey rather than Silver or Black.

Edited by Poor Disadvantaged
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...