A Clockwork Night

Voltex

This is probably going to come back to bite me in the rear later on, but I'll go with Option B.

I had great luck in sneaking through the jungle back in Season 1, and that was as a Protector of Ice. As a Jungle Okotoan, someone who actually knows the terrain, I'm hoping for similar success. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Option B.

We are Jungle Protectors. We know the Jungle. We know how to avoid its treachery better than the Skulls do. On that beach, we are open to the tides of water. Water is quick to turn treacherous, and hard to fight in. 

The Jungle may be treacherous, but it's a treachery that doesn't discriminate between Protector and Skull. 

• Upvote 3

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Option B, logically, being out in the open might get you attacked even if the path is clear. Jungle protectors could hide and ironically ambush their stalkers instead.

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I choose option A

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Man, the playerbase for this game is going to be completely destroyed if it turns out the correct option was A...

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You're in the player list, so I would assume yes. 

Hmm... I chose the secret Option C and abandon all hope.

But in seriousness, both routes suck, but might as well go the route that has the chance of less danger versus guaranteed danger, so option A.

Edited by Vox

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

choices noted.

yes, ghidora, you need to make a choice unless you want to be automatically sorted to the wrong option (and prevented from revival later, because inactivity rewards nobody)

Waiting on the following players, who have approximately 3-4 more hours to make a choice (IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING HAVE MADE A CHOICE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME because it means I missed a post somehow and need to learn how to read):

-ToaD

-Dragonstar

-Taka Nuvia

-Ghrinch

A

I give up on life choices

buddy you made that choice literally in the nick of time, I was just about to post the scene.

Scene will be up in a few minutes; just gotta adjust Ghrinch's placement in it.

EPISODE 02: The Eastern Wall

Voltex stumbled over a tree root, cursing the injury to his leg as he grabbed a vine and stabbed his staff into the ground to regain his balance. He took a quick moment to breathe, but it nearly cost him – the swish of an undead Protector’s sword was the only warning he had as he ducked just in time to avoid a beheading.

How far I have fallen, he thought, as he swung his staff and clubbed the undead Protector in the head, knocking it over. If only the rest of the Council could see me now. One of the First Mask Makers reduced to hobbling through the jungle, about to be torn apart by a few measly Okotoans.

His thoughts were disrupted by the arrival of a second Undead; with a mighty heave, he beat it back with his staff before retreating backwards as quickly as he could. A curse almost escaped his lips as he tripped and fell onto his butt, but the Mask Maker was able to remain silent, knowing that the noise would only attract more Undead.

As he fought to return to his feet, the two Undead started crawling towards him, neither bothering to stand when their prey had already fallen to their level. Gripping his staff tightly, Voltex ceased his attempts to stand and prepared to fight them off when a third figure stumbled into view – this one, thank Rollor, still alive.

Letting loose a mighty cry, Dragonstar stabbed his sword down, piercing through the skull of the first Undead; Voltex kicked the second one back as Ghrinch suddenly lunged out of the shadows, beheading the Undead with a single blow.

“Here,” Ghrinch murmured, offering his hand to Voltex.

He accepted it and the Jungle Protector pulled him to his feet; the Mask Maker frowned as he adjusted his weight so that he was once more leaning on his staff. “You’ve made too much noise. They know where we are now. We must flee.”

It was already too late. Before his eyes, an Undead lunged out of the shadows and latched onto Dragonstar, biting down on the Protector’s neck. Dragonstar fell to the dirt with a cry of shock and pain as more Undead appeared, all of them clawing at him.

“Oh gods,” Ghrinch whispered.

Several Undead lurched towards them, drawn by the additional noise. Voltex grabbed Ghrinch’s shoulder and yanked the startled Protector back before he, too, could become a feast for the Undead. He smacked three of them away with his staff before turning and following, ignoring the desperate cries of Dragonstar.

---

The Mask Maker and Protector stumbled through the jungle side by side for hours, hunted by the Undead, as they tried to find their way to the beach, where the open area would give them more room to maneuver and the water could be used to slow the Undead down if necessary.

Their path finally ended in another clearing, where Voltex fell and Ghrinch was forced to help him to his feet – costing them the last few seconds that they had. Undead surrounded them, lurching into the clearing from all directions. Ghrinch held off the first few, but there were far too many; the Protector sighed, seeming resigned, before turning to the Mask Maker.

“I shall cut a path through them for you,” he said. “The others, if they make it… you’re a Mask Maker, aren’t you? That is why Makani Kumo sent you.”

“Yes.”

Ghrinch nodded. “Very well. You must go. The others, they will fall without you. I shall sacrifice myself.”

Without another word, Ghrinch charged at the Undead – and true to his word, he cleared a path, rampaging through them as Voltex limped behind. They made it to the beach, where Ghrinch, exhausted, collapsed to the sand; Voltex continued forth, leaving the Protector behind as the Undead reached him.

Running purely on desperation and adrenaline, Ghrinch pushed himself back to his feet, hacking down Undead left and right until finally, a path cleared and he stumbled after the Mask Maker.

“Stay close,” was all the Mask Maker said.

---

When they arrived at the Eastern Wall, hours later, it was to the disappointing sight of only eight Protectors – less than half of the crew that had been assembled.

Ehksidian, ToaD, Vox, Wiriamu, Smoke Monster, Taka Nuvia, Oko, and ShadowVezon waited, gathered atop the Wall. Unit and FF, with their Masks of Foresight, were nowhere to be seen.

“Have you seen anyone else?” ToaD asked, as he helped Voltex up to the Wall.

The Mask Maker shook his head as Ghrinch made it up. “Only Dragonstar and Ghrinch here, in the jungle. But Dragonstar fell to the Undead. There’s no saving him. I am assuming the rest of you made it to the shoreline as well?”

Taka Nuvia nodded. “The jungle has been overrun, I think. Anyone who tried to make it through is dead.”

“Not dead,” Oko said shortly. “Worse. Captured.”

Vox stepped up, patting Oko on the shoulder and sighing. “It is true. I witnessed it myself – the Skull Grinder, capturing Roman and TL.”

“Same here,” said ShadowVezon. “Saw him too. He got Jed, said something about keeping him ‘safe’, I think. It was hard to understand.”

Voltex pondered it for a moment before it came to him. “I think we must assume that one of our number was caught, and shared our quest with the Skull Grinder in a foolish hope to keep their life.”

“It probably worked,” Oko muttered. “Seeing as they weren’t killing those they captured.”

“Where would they take them?” asked Taka Nuvia.

“The Ancient City, most likely,” Voltex replied. “At the center of the island, it is a powerful position to hold – which is why the Mask Makers originally settled there. That Ekimu has avoided it like the plague and instead fallen back to the Water Region suggests that the Skull Army has taken it for themselves.”

“We might be able to save them, then,” Wiriamu suggested. “It is not really out of the way. If we are to make it to the Stone Region, the fastest route would be through the Ancient City, rather than around it.”

“You are correct,” Voltex said, sitting down and rubbing at his injured leg. “As it stands, our numbers have fallen too low too early for my liking. If we have any bit of luck, only Dragonstar has been lost. If we can make it to the Ancient City, we will rescue the rest of our crew.”

“Then the only question is how we get there,” Smoke Monster said, turning to gaze out at the Fire Region. “The Wall stretches from here until the Ancient City – we could probably walk it, but we’re out in the open. Or we could try passing through the Fire Region….”

“I’m not sure I’d wanna try that,” Oko warned. “I heard that the Fire Region was overrun pretty early on. Lord Vohon pulled as many of his people as he could back to Vakama City and locked it down; and besides, we’ve never been very friendly with the region. They hate our guts.”

“Make your choices now,” Voltex ordered, before anyone else could speak. “Rest up while you do so, but when we leave, be ready – Wall, or Fire Region. Take your picks.”

“What a day,” Ghrinch muttered.

-

The following members are now out:

Dragonstar

The following members are captured, but can be rescued during Round 5 as long as at least one member makes it through to Round 5 on the correct path:

Luroka, Roman, TL, Unit, Hellyam, FF, Underscore, Trijhak, Jed

The following members are still alive, and must now decide which path to take:

Ehksidian, ToaD, Vox, Wiriamu, Smoke Mosnter, Taka Nuvia, Oko, ShadowVezon, Ghrinch

-

OPTION A: Go to the Ancient City via the Eastern Wall. The path is straightforward and clear, but out in the open, you could fall prey to the Skull Army.

OPTION B: Go to the Ancient City via the Fire Region. The region is overrun and any Fire Protectors could be hostile, but Vakama City might be available to rest and refuel.

Once again, I shall pick Option A.

The Fire Region, while it may not be totally overrun, is hostile to the Jungle region. And it is highly unlikely that they would offer any of us solace there...

Being atop a wall and marching there, however, is also dangerous. No matter which path we take there is danger, but I'd rather risk the Wall than go through an already hostile region in the vain hope that they might let us into a locked-off city.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I concur, and shall also pick Option A.

There's a good chance that anyone travelling through the Fire Region would be caught before they could make it to Vakama City.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Wow. Apparently Jungle Okotoans are awful at navigating the jungle. I guess that explains how we were able to escape the guards, sneak back past them, kill Timelord, then sneak away again in season one. 

Wow. Apparently Jungle Okotoans are awful at navigating the jungle. I guess that explains how we were able to escape the guards, sneak back past them, kill Timelord, then sneak away again in season one. 

It's more to do with the jungle being completely overrun by the Skull Army.

For those who played BZPGOT Season 1 you had a small advantage because of the Long Night scenes where the Skull Army was shown in the Jungle Region - but obviously not a huge advantage since you, in particular, chose incorrectly. :P

Ehks/SV, your choices are noted.

E: Also just in case people weren't aware - if you end up deciding to switch to the other path any round, just post to say so.

E2: If dead/captured players want to offer living players advice on the available paths, they can do so as well. You might be out but I won't stop you from participating.

Edited by Stark

For those who played BZPGOT Season 1 you had a small advantage because of the Long Night scenes where the Skull Army was shown in the Jungle Region - but obviously not a huge advantage since you, in particular, chose incorrectly. :P

Well, the Lore & Histories stuff heavily implies that the Skull Army was, at some point during the course of the Long Night, everywhere, hence why there were only tiny pockets of survivors in each region.

Besides, in Season 1, I kind of assumed the Skull Army was in the Jungle Region because the Temple of Time had just shown up. The same way Ekimu managed to assemble an army and surround the temple before my original arrival. 

If dead/captured players want to offer living players advice on the available paths, they can do so as well. You might be out but I won't stop you from participating.

Mathematically speaking, at this point it'd be most logical to split the remaining players in half for every choice from here on out. Four take option A, four take option B. Next time, two take option A, and two take option B. Time after that, one person takes A, the other takes B. 

That way, no matter what the outcome of each choice is, we're guaranteed to have at least one person left by Episode 5. And since we have nine survivors right now, we might get lucky and even wind up with two people making it through to Episode 5. 

If dead/captured players want to offer living players advice on the available paths, they can do so as well. You might be out but I won't stop you from participating.

Mathematically speaking, at this point it'd be most logical to split the remaining players in half for every choice from here on out. Four take option A, four take option B. Next time, two take option A, and two take option B. Time after that, one person takes A, the other takes B. 

That way, no matter what the outcome of each choice is, we're guaranteed to have at least one person left by Episode 5. And since we have nine survivors right now, we might get lucky and even wind up with two people making it through to Episode 5. 

I agree with this plan, though I do think that there could be one disadvantage to it down the road. If anyone does get to round 5 and isn't able to save anyone from capture, or save only a small number of people, it could make it difficult for the remaining players in the later rounds. Because if too many make the wrong choice then, we could fail.

But right now, I think that is a risk worth taking. So I'm going with option B as my choice. I also don't think that the clear path will be the right choice two rounds in a row. If it is, I will be surprised. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Quoth the Doofenshmirtz: "Ha ha I survived!"

Another pair of daunting options. I'm going to go with B on this one-the Fire Okotans COULD be hostile, while the Skull Army that could attack us on the wall IS hostile. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking that the Fire Okotans are also more likely to help a group with whom they share a common enemy...unless my understanding of this storyline is totally off.

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge