A Clockwork Night

Voltex

Quoth the Doofenshmirtz: "Ha ha I survived!"

Another pair of daunting options. I'm going to go with B on this one-the Fire Okotans COULD be hostile, while the Skull Army that could attack us on the wall IS hostile. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking that the Fire Okotans are also more likely to help a group with whom they share a common enemy...unless my understanding of this storyline is totally off.

The fire region and Jungle region have been bitter enemies for centuries.

But in a extreme situation like this they may help but doubtful.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Hmm.... 3 on the path of least, known, resistance and 3 on the path of known resistance. To tempt fate yet again with the path of least resistance is asking for disaster, yet enemies of old lurk the path of flames. Do I have a point to what I am saying, no I do not.

Choosing path... *Closes eyes* B. *Braces for imminent death*

All the little voices in my head are screaming "You fool"

Edited by Vox

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

EPISODE 03: Vakama City

Voltex accepted Ghrinch’s offer of assistance and stood to bid Vox, Wiriamu, Smoke Monster, and Taka Nuvia farewell; the four Protectors spent a few minutes saying their goodbyes before climbing down onto the Fire Region side of the Eastern Wall.

“We are out in the open,” Voltex said, before they were even out of sight. “Let’s go.”

He turned back to the others before hesitating.

“What is it?” Ghrinch asked.

The Mask Maker shook his head, sighing. “My apologies. But… I do not feel confident with this position. I think I will join the others down below. Hopefully we can meet at the Ancient City.”

It took him longer than he would have liked to climb down onto the Fire Region side of the Eastern Wall, where he found the other four Protectors waiting for him. Taka Nuvia stepped towards him with a worried look on her face as he stumbled, but he waved her off and corrected his balance before limping over to them.

“Do you need help?” she asked.

“Yes, but none that you can provide,” Voltex answered, frowning. “I must see a healer if we can reach Vakama City, if only for a brace.”

“Then let’s hurry,” Wiriamu said, eyeing their surroundings warily. “I’m sure it’s only a matter of time until we’ll be spotted by the Skull Army if we hang around, and the Fire Protectors are sure to be hostile as it is. No need to bring the Undead to their front door as well.”

Vox nodded. “I agree. We should move.”

The Mask Maker took the rear, limping along beside Smoke Monster, whose gaze remained fixed on the horizon.

-

After what felt like an age, Vakama City became visible in the distance. Despite the threat of the Undead, their hearts were lifted, and their pace increased; Voltex fought past the pain now regularly spiking through his injured leg.

I will be lucky if it ever fully heals, he thought, as they approached the city gates. But it will be worth it.

As they reached the gates, they were joined by one other Protector – ShadowVezon. He was covered in cuts and scrapes, and his left arm was held limply.

“What happened to you?” Smoke Monster asked.

“Wall was overrun,” ShadowVezon muttered, appearing rather dazed. “Attacked by some giant Skull Warrior… had these big axes… part of the wall collapsed. I only survived because it buried me. Had to dig myself out… everyone else dead.”

“Halt!”

The entire group – ShadowVezon included – glanced up at the Protector of Fire who had called. He stood upon the battlements, with a royal air about him.

“State your business!”

Voltex limped forward, leaning heavily on his cane. “Greetings, friend. I am the Mask Maker Voltex, and I come with five friends from the Jungle Region. We have been sent on a quest to retrieve a Kanohi Mask of Power for his majesty Ekimu, but myself and another member of our party are wounded, and require healing. We have come to ask for your hospitality.”

The Fire Protector frowned. “You call yourself a Mask Maker.”

“It is a long story. One that I can share, should it be necessary.”

Nodding once, the Fire Protector turned away from them and called down: “open the gates!”

Once the gates were open, they stepped inside. Protectors of Fire surrounded them as the Protector they had spoken to climbed down and walked over, holding out his hand.

“I am Lord Vohon,” he said. “You are welcome to stay the night if you wish, or simply heal and be on your way. The choice is yours.”

-

The following members are now out:

Ehksidian, ToaD, Oko, Ghrinch

The following members are still alive, and must now decide which path to take:

Vox, Wiriamu, Smoke Monster, Taka Nuvia, ShadowVezon

ShadowVezon Saved by RNG SAVING THROW – If the number of survivors for a round is 4, 5, or 6, one player on the wrong path will be saved, selected by RNG)

-

OPTION A: Stay the night and sleep in Vakama City. This would allow you to regain your energy and fuel up, though Fire and Jungle have always been hostile, and the Skull Army’s movements are unpredictable at the best of times.

OPTION B: Leave Vakama City as soon as Voltex and ShadowVezon have been healed. This would allow you to avoid any hostilities inside the city, though your exhaustion could prove either cumbersome or fatal later on.

Option A

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I'm going to go with Option A. As hostile as things are between the Fire and Jungle Region, at least we would be somewhat protected in the city if the Skull Warriors attack. Or at least, we would be safer as I'm sure the city has defenses they would employ if an attack occurred. Also, possibly collapsing from exhaustion further down the road, when we could have no defense against any enemy, doesn't sound fun either. I think it's worth the risk to spend one night in the city. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

A good nights rest would be nice... But I also don't feel like dying in my sleep. And the amount of time needed for the two to heal should be plenty of time for a quick siesta and to partake in some food and drinks.

Going Route B.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Okoto is doomed if you lot fail this quest.

No it's not. I've already been back in time, seen how things play out, remember?

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

So if we lose... BZPGOT Season 1 will never have happened? Season 2 will never happen?

Guys...

Don't. Lose.

• Upvote 6

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well as long as everyone doesn't go on one path, the chance for survival/winning is fair, especially if we manage to survive until round 5, where we can get more test subje... I mean fellow jungle okotans.

Also there will come a point, I am determined of this, where I will be the only one going on a specific path, at which point I plan on quoting a poem... I am determined to have this happen.

• Upvote 5

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Okoto is doomed if you lot fail this quest.

No it's not. I've already been back in time, seen how things play out, remember?
Creator rage quit prematurely causes a time paradox that consumes the world.

Don't. Lose.

You could always explain that the temple of time can support a reality controlled by a paradoxical (yes that's a actual word) event.

NATO would both exist in both realities remembering both branches of reality.

He would then be a living scar of the paradox supporting our world.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Hmm, I think I might see where this might be heading.

Psst, I know we're captured and all, which is generally not a good thing... but we should, uh, consider serving them. Praise the Skulls! Take off your mask. Reveal the face underneath. We are all Skulls beneath. Kill Ekimu! Praise the Skulls! 

(DON'T. LOSE.)

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Hmm, I think I might see where this might be heading.

Psst, I know we're captured and all, which is generally not a good thing... but we should, uh, consider serving them. Praise the Skulls! Take off your mask. Reveal the face underneath. We are all Skulls beneath. Kill Ekimu! Praise the Skulls!

(DON'T. LOSE.)

I, for one, welcome our new Skull overlords!

But, don't lose.

Edited by Shadow FF

pWPTu7m.jpg

Well as long as everyone doesn't go on one path, the chance for survival/winning is fair, especially if we manage to survive until round 5, where we can get more test subje... I mean fellow jungle okotans.

[...]

That's actually also the reasoning behind my choice this time. We'll see how it all turns out...

• Upvote 2

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

[...]

That's actually also the reasoning behind my choice this time. We'll see how it all turns out...

Well you and I are the only two who decided on path b... So either we are going to die a gruesome death, or we are going to be the only hope for those imprisoned. Either way I wish us the best of luck.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Normal people tend to secure their WiFi, making it difficult for neighbours to steal it...

• Upvote 1

Apologies for the delay with the scene, my wifi is down so I'm stuck on mobile using up data.

I'll post it once stuff is fixed.

Been there-it bites.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Never been one to feel suspense, but the suspense here is high. Did I muck up, didn't I muck up? Who knows.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Well you and I are the only two who decided on path b... So either we are going to die a gruesome death, or we are going to be the only hope for those imprisoned. Either way I wish us the best of luck.

I... just had the crushing realization that that would be a rather large responsibility D: 

But yeah, best of luck to us! ^_^

Also, the suspense is killing me. xD

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

If you chose the wrong path, the suspense isn't what's going to kill you. 

• Upvote 7