A Clockwork Night

Voltex

All choices are locked in.

I will be PMing those of you on the correct path with the second (and final) choice.

Once the final choice has been made, Episode 10: United We Fall will be written and released.

Edited by Breath of the Wild

And thus, our journey has reached its end.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

EPISODE 10: United We Fall

The group stood in silence, staring at the former Mask Maker seated upon his throne. Behind them, something crashed.

“…I’ll go investigate,” Jed said, turning back the way they had come. “You all get the Mask of Control, and run. I’ll try to buy you some time.”

Trijhak embraced him. “Good luck.”

Jed nodded firmly. “You too.”

And then he was gone. Trijhak turned to the rest; Taka Nuvia appeared to be hesitating, but FF was quietly reassuring her. TL gingerly released Voltex, allowing the Mask Maker to stand on his own power, and stepped forward.

“I’m going to grab the Mask,” he said. “Be ready to flee.”

“Will you make it?” Roman asked, speaking to both TL and Voltex, who was leaning heavily on his staff.

“Yes,” they both said.

“On three, then?” Hellyam asked.

TL nodded, taking a deep breath.

“One,” said Hellyam.

“Two,” said Roman.

“Three!”

TL dashed forward, his feet barely making a sound upon the floor of the Throne Room, and within seconds he was standing before the body of the former Mask Maker Makuta. The Jungle Protector spared the rest of the group one last glance before reaching out and plucking the Mask of Control out of Makuta’s lap.

For a second, everything was silent. And then-

“That Mask is mine.”

TL slowly backed away as Makuta stood, the former Mask Maker’s eyes gleaming red, and the Mask of Ultimate Power shedding dark energy into the air. He stepped off of the throne, the floor crunching underneath his weight.

“It is yours no longer,” Voltex declared, stepping forward and glaring at Makuta. “You ignored the ancient laws, Makuta. You have lost any and all rights to the title of Mask Maker, and that includes possession of the Mask of Control.”

Makuta chuckled – a dark, sinister sound that seemed to fill the room with its presence. “You are a fool, Mask Maker. I crushed Makuta long ago.”

“What does he mean?” Trijhak asked.

Voltex turned towards them as TL handed him the Mask of Control, eyes wide. “Run!”

None of them needed to be told twice; as they sprinted out of the throne room, a hand made of pure shadow large enough to swallow one of them whole missed both Taka Nuvia and Roman by mere inches, embedding itself into a wall.

They rounded a corner, only to be confronted with the sight of three Skull Scorpios clambering over the corpse of Jed. As the Skull Scorpios skittered towards them they turned back towards the previous intersection, continuing to race through the hallway. On and on they ran, looping back and forth as they tried to escape Makuta, Skull Warriors, Skull Scorpios, and Undead.

-

It was not until they arrived at the entrance to the palace and found it sealed that they finally realized their time was up. It had been blocked off by an old mechanism designed by Makuta himself long ago.

Voltex slumped forward, leaning heavily on his staff, the Mask of Control tied to his waist. He closed his eyes.

“This can’t be it,” Roman muttered. “We get so far and then it’s just… over?”

“It will take too long,” Voltex said quietly. “It needs at least three people working simultaneously to open it, and time – too much time. Whoever were to deactivate it and open the way… by the time it is finished, the Undead will have arrived. United we shall fall.”

“There’s seven of us here,” Trijhak said. “Three of us can stay, and open the gate. The rest will continue on. We can still finish the mission.”

The Mask Maker shook his head slowly, but Trijhak scowled, refusing to be beaten as he turned back to the rest of the group, glaring at them, challenging them.

“I will stay behind and open the way,” he said, his gaze meeting each of them in turn. “Who will stay with me?”

“I will,” Roman said, stepping forward.

“As will I,” said Hellyam. “I’m the least injured or tired of us all – you’ll need my help. Taka, TL, FF… you get the Mask of Control to Ekimu.”

-

They all took their places.

Voltex, TL, FF, and Taka Nuvia waited by the entrance.

Trijhak, Hellyam, and Roman began to deactivate the mechanism blocking the way.

As the exit was revealed, FF, Taka Nuvia and TL moved to leave – but they were stopped by Voltex, who handed TL the Mask of Control.

“When this is all over, take it with you,” the Mask Maker told them. “Keep it secret. Keep it safe.”

“What are you talking about?” Taka Nuvia asked.

“Don’t lose,” Voltex continued. “No matter the cost. The mission must be completed.”

“You’re coming with us, aren’t you?” FF asked.

The Mask Maker shook his head. “No. The others can only buy you so much time. I’m afraid that for the rest of this journey, you will be on your own.”

Before they could protest, he shoved them away, pushing them out of the palace with his magic even as mechanism began to activate once more, blocking the way.

“Fly, you fools!” he called. “Save Okoto! Save the dream!”

That was the last that TL, Taka Nuvia, and FF saw of him as the palace separated them forever. The three shared a sorrowful look before TL replaced his own powerless mask with the Mask of Control.

“Let’s go,” he said. “Ekimu is waiting. Voltex was right. The mission must be completed.”

-

Inside the palace, Voltex was joined by Roman, Hellyam, and Trijhak – for the three had retreated away in the hopes of either managing to escape or buying their companions additional time.

“You’re supposed to be gone,” Hellyam said.

“They need more time than you can give them alone,” Voltex said. “I shall join you, for this last fight – and with me here, there might still be hope of escape.”

Trijhak nodded, as Makuta stepped into view, backed by Skull Warriors, Skull Scorpios, and Undead. “We’re glad to have you.”

“Let’s just hope they don’t squander our sacrifice,” said Roman.

And as the Undead began to swarm them, the Mask Maker began to chant one final song, filled with ancient magic, and as he did so, he and his companions felt energy flood through their limbs for the fight to come:

“Night gathers, and now my watch begins.

It shall not end until my death.

I shall watch, and listen, and remember.

I am the sword in the darkness.

I am the shield that guards Okoto until the dawn.

I am the fire that burns in the forge.

I am born of the ancient magic, and adhere to the ancient laws.

Of Wisdom, Power, and Courage.

Of Unity, Duty, and Destiny.

Night gathers, and now my watch begins.

And with my dying breath, night shall fall.”

-

The following members sacrificed themselves at the end:

-Jed

-Hellyam

-Trijhak

-Roman

The following members have WON!

-Taka Nuvia

-TL

-FF

-

CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!

If you're interested in looking more into the world of this game, you can read the Lore & Histories, or click the banner below to check out my next upcoming game:

bzpgots2.jpg

• Upvote 7

This was a really interesting game and sort of a nice warm up for the upcoming season 2 of BZPGOT. I had fun playing this before I died, and even when I did I still enjoyed the story. 

Good game, everyone! B-)

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

This was an interesting game, and one I truly enjoyed. It put thinking about consequences above scheming and plotting. Would love to see a sequel or a game much in the same vein.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Rest in peace, friends.

We died as we lived. Gave up our lives for the greater good. Lost but not forgotten, etc, etc. 

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Technically, we are both lost and forgotten. We're not forgotten for a few more years, but we are forgotten.

We did choose to give up our lives, so I guess that's a small not-really-a-victory-but-let's-consider-it-one-anyway.

• Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

This was a really interesting game and sort of a nice warm up for the upcoming season 2 of BZPGOT. I had fun playing this before I died, and even when I did I still enjoyed the story. 

Good game, everyone! B-)

Glad you enjoyed it! It was nice to host another Clockwork game, and setting it in the world of BZPGOT was icing on top.

I admit it. The only reason I survived through this was because I made the wrong choice at round 1. It seriously cut down on the choices I had to make to get to the end :P.

But, good game, people. It was fun to participate in and to read.

Yeah those of you who failed Round 1 did have an advantage. :P

Good game. Like FF, if I hadn't been captured I probably wouldn't have survived either. 

I probably should have had something to balance it out for those who survived Round 1; an extra second chance or whatever.

This was an interesting game, and one I truly enjoyed. It put thinking about consequences above scheming and plotting. Would love to see a sequel or a game much in the same vein.

Unfortunately a direct sequel is impossible, but the world this is set in could lend itself neatly to a variety of games (I have ideas for both Mafia and Hitman but I doubt I'll use either of them)

I might get inspiration for another Clockwork game soon, but my focus is shifting to other things for now, so it'll probably be awhile. But then, the wait times between Clockwork games have always been rather long.

Great game. Working out the mechanics behind it was fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading the scenes. :)

Glad you enjoyed it!

Rest in peace, friends.

We died as we lived. Gave up our lives for the greater good. Lost but not forgotten, etc, etc. 

I did try to leave the fates of you, Trijhak, and Hellyam up to interpretation; we know that Voltex makes it out of that palace alive because he eventually ends up back with Ekimu for the final battle of the Long Night - so it's possible one, two, or all three of you survive.

The chances are low, but still there.

Technically, we are both lost and forgotten. We're not forgotten for a few more years, but we are forgotten.

We did choose to give up our lives, so I guess that's a small not-really-a-victory-but-let's-consider-it-one-anyway.

Yes, unfortunately, the sacrifices made in this game will not be remembered for very long.

• Upvote 1

i died early on. rip me.

despite that, it was still good to watch this game unfold. even if my participation was cut short, i thoroughly enjoyed reading the scenes and watching everyone try and reason with what route to take. good game.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Well, I lasted a couple rounds. Hopefully I'll do better next time I try one of these.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

This was a fun game! :)

Can't believe I survived.

First time ever surviving any kind of game on BZP.

Nice look into the world of Okoto during the long night.

It be cool if you create a chapter for lore and histories on what happened in the clockwork game as if it were a forgotten journal rediscovered written by one of the protectors who escaped.

Edited by ToaTimeLord II
  • Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

This was a fun game! :)

Can't believe I survived.

First time ever surviving any kind of game on BZP.

It be cool if you create a chapter for lore and histories on what happened in the clockwork game as if it were a forgotten journal rediscovered written by one of the protectors who escaped.

We'll see. I might edit all the episodes into a single mega-chapter, perhaps... but for now, thanks to all of you for playing.

• Upvote 3

^This, it was very interesting to read.

And that would be pretty cool, as a bit of a nod to the expansion of our lore.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

^This, it was very interesting to read.

And that would be pretty cool, as a bit of a nod to the expansion of our lore.

It'd probably be Voltex simply recounting the events in his own journal, seeing as that's kinda what Lore & Histories is. Sort of a historical journal.

Plus, Voltex was there for the entire adventure. Nobody else was except Taka Nuvia, but she doesn't have a never-ending lifespan.

• Upvote 2