• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Class 8 Frigate "Agamemnon"

Featured

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Nuju Metru

Nuju Metru
  • BioniLUG Member
  • Forum Assistants
  • Senior BZPRPG Staff

• 13-February 08
  • 12,392 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 05 2017 - 12:06 PM

This warship was my holiday project... since I was separated from my normal assortment of fantasy parts, I opted to build something that I don't normally build: a spaceship.

I had tremendous fun overcoming certain challenges while building this huge thing. I worked, by necessity, almost entirely with pre-2014 bricks. Building in a color scheme of scarce colors forced me to get more creative on many instances. I'm pretty satisfied with the end result, here, considering my limitations.

31734688820_cc88e507d4_z.jpg

31734690430_15b4a32b13_z.jpg

Here are some things you probably can't tell from these pictures alone:
--The cargo bay doors slide simultaneously open on both sides when you turn the click-jointed axle stopper above them.
--A panel attached to the observation dome can be removed to showcase the command deck inside.
--The hangar bay doors open on both sides, and the "Orestes" small fighters can be stashed in there.
--The plasma turrets rotate (okay, maybe you could tell on that one).

Thanks for looking! I appreciate your feedback.

Edited by Black Six, Jan 10 2017 - 07:20 PM.

test2.png

#2 Offline Ta-metru_defender

Ta-metru_defender
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Blog Assistants
  • Senior Staff

• 26-December 03
  • 10,775 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jan 06 2017 - 01:49 AM

SPACESHIP.

Really digging your use of color here, set against the gray things just pop. There's a part of me that wants the bridge to have a viewscreen of sorts, but, I suppose this one primarily runs on sensors. I like your 'action features' so to speak, any plans on putting up pics of those?

I still believe we can live forever
You and I we begin forever now

2dioq5j.jpg

I still believe in us together
You and I we're here together now

#3 Offline Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 07-October 07
  • 4,903 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2017 - 01:38 PM

Nice job! It's so well-made I have a hard time believing you don't normally build spaceships. It looks like something an experienced space MOCist would make. Keep building.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

#4 Online The Invisible Noob

The Invisible Noob
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 20-March 05
  • 1,891 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2017 - 07:13 AM

I very much like the choice of colours and the boxish shape of this spaceship. It's a real treat to behold. Great build

#5 Offline Wiriamu

Wiriamu
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 11-November 06
  • 570 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2017 - 11:43 AM

It is a sweet build; did you have any sort of inspiration, or was it more based on what you had available?

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

#6 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 11-March 07
  • 527 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2017 - 04:19 PM

That sure is one unique spaceship design. I can't even place it in a specific era of sci-fi, as it has a bit of the greebly retro aesthetic, but it also blends modern elements, without the two clashing. The functionality is also great, and the color scheme is fantastic. Awesome!

:kakama:

Stone does not bend. Stone does not break. Stone endures. :kakama: #LeaveStoneAlone2017

"The numbers never stop coming, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch, Person of Interest

"The fish was wet and slimy, and decidedly dead." - George Stobbart, Broken Sword

#7 Offline Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)

Endless Sea (Alaki Nuva)
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 22-May 05
  • 1,419 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2017 - 10:27 PM

Nuju, I think your system builds may just be better than your constraction MoCs.  I beg of you, save some awesome for the rest of us.  xP

I'd actually have something of substance to say here, but I'm too lazy to think of anything.  >_< Er, have some BZPRPG profiles, I guess?

I used to help Dominus Temporis with writing MLWTB back in the day, even if I was really terrible at it.  If anyone's in contact with him, could ya help me get in touch?   :)

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users