Trying to complete my Bionicle comic collection

PizzaHorse

The year is 2002. A young kid old opens the mailbox to find their first LEGO magazine issue. But what they fInd inside is something even better: Bionicle Issue #4.

I know it's a long shot, but I am trying to complete my Bionicle comic book collection. I'm mostly missing some of the more rare issues. Help to identify what I'm missing, including exclusive/foreign issues and covers, would be awesome! I've been collecting since 2002, just after the first 3 issues were released. Here are some pictures of my collection! I am up to buy or trade (as I have multiples of some) for the remaining issues I need.

The collection in full:

HbxbvnO.jpg

The original series:

IRCGpcE.jpg

The bottom row is most of my original collection. I read those comics until the spines were worn, and let a few of my friends borrow them. Along the journey I did lose a couple, but I was finally able to fill in the missing comics and make one completion of the first series.

The middle row is extras I've picked up along the way.

The top row(s) is extra extras! For some reason I own 5 copies of #8.

Close up of the full series:

yhQWEIs.jpg

The top two are metallic:

cAStmFz.jpg

Ignition and Battle For Power issues:

nYjshYx.jpg

Includes: #0, #1, #2, #3, #4, #7, #10, #11, #13, #14, #15

Extra copies of #3 and #7:

PJW7UIe.jpg

Gatoran Series:

PgvujfE.jpg

Includes: #2, #3, #4, #6, #7

Weird unnumbered Gatoran issue:

DBYb13J.jpg

Completely SEALED first 12 issues:

eMEbKaC.jpg

Yep, they even have the LEGO magazines in there. Never been touched by children.

Rare McDonalds? and Lunchables comics:

eWGLJcj.jpg

I met Stuart Sayger and bought some of his art:

ygLPXgE.jpg

But this is comic issue #1. Which he did not work on. I knew this at the time. I'm just want all the Bionicle comic artist signatures on one issue. He worked on the Ignition series.

A couple of posters I would be happy to trade:

G1ooSpH.jpg

Finally, the crown jewel of the collection:

YyDql7f.jpg

Bionicle Issue #1: The Coming of the Toa, San Diego Comic-Con 2003 exclusive cover edition.

Date:

N0vbn1W.jpg

Writing on the bottom:

jSKG7B9.jpg

So anyway, what is probably the hardest to come by is the McDonalds and Lunchables comics. They are so difficult to come across. If anybody has any leads to ANY of the comics or covers I am missing, I would appreciate it.

Edited by PizzaHorse

I would suggest Ebay. I recently completed my bionicle comic collection (though it's not as impressive as yours, since i was satisfied with all the main issues without the cover variants) by getting the issues i was missing from ebay. Ordering from the same seller minimizes shipping costs which were the most expensive part. Not sure if you'll be able to easily find stuff like mcdonalds comics and cover variants on there though. Good luck! I hope you finish =)

P.S. there are also websites that deal exclusively with selling comics, they might be able to help.

Edit: Word of warning, for some strange reason, Ignition issue 6 DOES NOT EXIST (at least in english). It was released online (you can easily find a pdf), but was not released in comic form in the USA. I have heard it appeared in a chinese compendium comic (called Mahri Nui, though I never found a physical copy). My opinion (what i did) is to buy Bionicle graphic novel #6 The Underwater city. It not only comes with ignition 6 in it, but also has an exclusive Hydraxon comic (to my knowledge, the only other graphic novel that has an exclusive comic is #8).

Second Edit: Wow! I didn't know the original #8 had a metallic cover variant like #14. I love those metallic covers! Would you interested in selling one since you have 2?

Edited by jchavoya