Turrets! Drones! And More! (A Bunch of Recent MOCs)

So I've somewhat dropped off the radar on BZP recently, but I have actually been MOCing a fair bit (an exceptional amount for me, compared to regular rates, really), and I thought I'd finally post those things here. All but the one I really spent time on will be simply lumped together in this one topic so as to not spam the forum. Oh, and come to think of it, a few of these are from a backlog of older stuff, so I've not been quite as prolific as this may make me look.

Matoran Gatling Turret

31064894874_7f502f4786_n.jpg

Flickr

A gatling turret designed by intrepid Matoran designer Wula of Terra Nui for defense of Matoran villages through the use of continuous firepower.

Contains gears inside which allow the six-shooter to be fired by rotating the Glatorian gear underneath. When firing, the six-shooter itself rotates, so the shots all come from the bottom chamber. The countdown on the Glatorian gear's teeth even decrements with each shot fired.

Tactically Gracile Drone

22834575768_ea9865be86_n.jpg

Flickr

A TerpLUG MOC. Presumably a relative to the Tactically Corpulent Drone.

Toa Ballom

32294358855_1ca35c73e0_n.jpg

Flickr

Following his disastrous defeat on the isle of Punt Nui at the hands of Toa Chompshi, who destroyed his leg, Ballom barely escaped with his life. He eventually made his way to the land of Shakaz, where he found a curious Mask of Undeath...

A minor update to an old MOC for story purposes. (And man, looking at the old version, my photos sure have improved since then!)

Grðrûrím the Stout

31337437720_16fbac850b_n.jpg

Flickr

Some sort of generic fantasy dwarf fellow. Made in collaboration with Grayson at TerpLUG using the LUG's limited parts.

Arch Bridge

31852612325_214cb621c9_n.jpg

Flickr

Made for Disty's architecture contest. A quick little entry and nothing fancy, but I wanted to make an entry of some kind and those treads jumped out at me as perfect for a bridge. Purple tiles because I have little System and purple is a great color anyway.

There's a fair bit of System with the studs, cheese, and tiles, but with all the pins inside holding it together I think the System's less than a quarter of the parts.

Armored Dragon Head

30001593054_42042ee17d_n.jpg

Redesign of the Barbed Drone to be an actual dragon head. A dragon wearing gold armor, in part because I had about exhausted the decent dark tan available. Probably a WIP for the overall dragon. Once again made at TerpLUG. Edited by Ballom
  • Upvote 9

Quite a a few models here so I'll keep my comments on each brief.

The turret and matoran are cool, I like the matorans colours. The browns and green give a good impression of tree bark and leaves. I do wish the turret could shoot. Lone turrets builds are rather drab when they're unable to fire. 

I like the drones colours and solid spiky and organic design motif. The fanged mouth gives this thing a very threatening techno organic image.

I've seen plenty of toa on this site, and unfortunaely ballom does not stick out too much from the rest, but his neck thing is unique and I like that design choice. That said the neck thing does a very poor job of covering his exposed parts and I'd consider putting something flat under it to cover the spot between his chest armour , neck thing and shoulders.

The dwarf is okay, but his red eyes are somewhat threatening for a regular dwarf.

Not really sure how to comment on a bridge tbh, it's okay though. I am impressed that you managed to pull off a semicircle in lego though.

Not so sure what to make of the dragon head, like the barbed drone it's a bit weird but now it has some recognizable features. I think I like it but I do wonder if purple is the best choice of colour for his eyes.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

• 3 weeks later...

Quite a a few models here so I'll keep my comments on each brief.

The turret and matoran are cool, I like the matorans colours. The browns and green give a good impression of tree bark and leaves. I do wish the turret could shoot. Lone turrets builds are rather drab when they're unable to fire. 

I like the drones colours and solid spiky and organic design motif. The fanged mouth gives this thing a very threatening techno organic image.

I've seen plenty of toa on this site, and unfortunately ballom does not stick out too much from the rest, but his neck thing is unique and I like that design choice. That said the neck thing does a very poor job of covering his exposed parts and I'd consider putting something flat under it to cover the spot between his chest armour , neck thing and shoulders.

The dwarf is okay, but his red eyes are somewhat threatening for a regular dwarf.

Not really sure how to comment on a bridge tbh, it's okay though. I am impressed that you managed to pull off a semicircle in lego though.

Not so sure what to make of the dragon head, like the barbed drone it's a bit weird but now it has some recognizable features. I think I like it but I do wonder if purple is the best choice of colour for his eyes.

The turret can shoot, from the six-shooter by rotating the Glatorian gear, as I mentioned in its description.

Ballom's necklace thingy isn't really intended to cover exposed bits as much as fill in the area around his neck. Like with Velzubn, I'm not quite seeing which part you think is exposed.

Red eyes on the dwarf come from having limited parts on hand, since it wasn't built with my own stuff. I wish I had a better, more calm-looking color that could have been used instead!