Well, I would kind of like to see me more, but that's just my opinion... *Hint* *Hint* :P But, honestly, whoever you use is fine. I liked the new comics Kahi. Keep up the good work! I really enjoy them!-Rez

Thanks, Reznas. Sorry, I can't take any more PGSes at the moment, although you're welcome to fill out a guest star form.

The Couch Potato Entity. Definitely.-- :ruru:

Huh, now that you mention him, I haven't used him at all in about a year and a half now. Good suggestion.Any other takers?

Can't jump straight to The Dark Bovine, you've got to do Cowman Begins first!And then, of course, The Dark Bovine Rises.

All will be revealed in due time, don't worry.

I expect you to deliver on that now.J-K out.

The character or the series?

I expect you to deliver on that now.J-K out.

The character or the series?
Series.J-K out.
Ah, well, the Dark Bovine will make ah appearance in my new series, Catalyst, due sometime next fall. But as for the character himself, he'll probably make an appearance in the Christmas comic. Edited by Kahi

@Newest Comic:So... Need a new lawyer, eh?Let me grab my briefcase.. :PNice comic Kahi.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

@Newest Comic:So... Need a new lawyer, eh?Let me grab my briefcase.. :PNice comic Kahi.-V-

Somehow, The Vaynum: Ace Attorney doesn't inspire my confidence... =PBut thanks, anyhow.I made a slight edit to the background kit; it had some panels with mismatched grass and all that. I also added several new panels to it as well. If you saw it before, please remember to refresh it since you may have the old version on cache.New comic will be up shortly. Edited by -Windrider-

Well, I would kind of like to see me more, but that's just my opinion... *Hint* *Hint* :P But, honestly, whoever you use is fine. I liked the new comics Kahi. Keep up the good work! I really enjoy them!-Rez

Thanks, Reznas. Sorry, I can't take any more PGSes at the moment, although you're welcome to fill out a guest star form.
Oh, I didn't mean as a PGS. I was mainly talking about being a GS, since you said that everyone who tried out for the contest could be a GS.And I loved the new comic. "Hire her right now." Classic. Simply classic. Keep up the good work!-Rez

Thanks to you, I can easily get hired as a lawyer.I just need to bring a DS and play an Ace Attorney game during the interview. :PSorry for not posting here before, these are wondrous comics you have and I have been following them for quite awhile.

Thanks for the compliment. LLL has a very vigorous employee hiring process which takes long hours of interviews and paperwork. Of course, its never actually been completed because Kahi usually overrides it with what he wants to do. The benefits of running your own company... =P

Oh, I didn't mean as a PGS. I was mainly talking about being a GS, since you said that everyone who tried out for the contest could be a GS.And I loved the new comic. "Hire her right now." Classic. Simply classic. Keep up the good work!-Rez

Well, actually, it was only the runners up to the contest that got to GS. But I think you were one of those runners-up, so you should be okay.

I do believe that I may be able to guess who you've hired.

Taking into account the method of elimination, it shouldn't be too hard. =P

"No, but I was on Judge Judy once"That was genius. I also liked the part were you wouldn't give the guy a job simply because of his views on Toy Story 3. :P

Movie opinions are very important. And comparing those two especially is a good judge of character. Its like asking someone "What's the better game series, Earthbound or Sonic?". The answer will determine if they are fit for that job or not.

Awesome. This one was pretty funny. And yeah, unless there was someone applying you didn't show, I'm gonna say you hired the Matoran with the Komau.

Fun fact about that other candidate: that was originally my design for my Kahi avatar, Alpha Matoran body and all. I changed it at the last second, though.

I see I've found your hiring perogative, Kahi. :PAlso, I see one problemo. Purple Matoran's reflection in the floor seems a bit off. Other than that, good comic. :pirate:

Yeah, I'll have to fix that at some point.

"Not as good as How to Train your Dragon""...Get out."Probably the best part.

There are two kinds of people that think How to Train Your Dragon is better than Toy Story 3: people who can't tell a great film if it smacked them upside the head, and people that I don't hire. =P As you can imagine, there's a lot of overlap between the two.In the meantime, here's a picture of the Photoshop layout I'm working with for the new comic: Link.A new comic will be up shortly. And when I say shortly, I mean in four days.

Well, actually, it was only the runners up to the contest that got to GS. But I think you were one of those runners-up, so you should be okay..
Yeah sorry, that's what I meant. Okay, that's good. Thanks!-Rez Edited by .:Reznas:.

I thought HTTYD was probably the best movie Dreamworks has ever made, but Toy Story 3 was infinitely superior.Also lol @ wanting to hire person playing DS. :P I thought Investigations 2 never got localized, though...? Or is the candidate THAT hardcore? =P...Oh, right: good comic and such. :P/EDIT: Oh, just saw question of Sonic vs Earthbound. Having never played Earthbound and only like the first 3 levels of Sonic 2, I can safely say the answer is Earthbound. :P I think the more interesting debate would be Ogre Battle 64 vs Mother 3. THAT is a clash of the titans right there. :P

Edited by Ddude the Insane

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

I thought HTTYD was probably the best movie Dreamworks has ever made, but Toy Story 3 was infinitely superior.Also lol @ wanting to hire person playing DS. :P I thought Investigations 2 never got localized, though...? Or is the candidate THAT hardcore? =P...Oh, right: good comic and such. :P/EDIT: Oh, just saw question of Sonic vs Earthbound. Having never played Earthbound and only like the first 3 levels of Sonic 2, I can safely say the answer is Earthbound. :P I think the more interesting debate would be Ogre Battle 64 vs Mother 3. THAT is a clash of the titans right there. :P

Yeah, thatsthejoke.jpg: the applicant was so hardcore that they learned Japanese and wrote their own game patch just to play it. Of course, that means that they're also using a DS Cart, but drastic times call for drastic measures.Also I've played Ogre Battle (though admittedly not the 64 game) and I find it a little interesting, but a big traditional for my tastes. That's what drew me to Earthbound in the first place: a lot of other 16-bit RPGs were mostly set in the medieval era and all that. Earthbound had both an original, sort of parodic nature to it, and it had its own style of quirky humor. I haven't finished all of Mother 3, though... <.< Can't really say which one is better.Christmas comic will be the next comic, as you could probably tell. It'll be up when its up.

...Or maybe they bought a Japanese DS just to play the game.Anyway, great comic. I think I know who was hired, but maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.--:ruru:

DS is region-free. :P@Kahi: I haven't played any of the others actually xD I definitely wouldn't call 64 traditional though. :P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

...Or maybe they bought a Japanese DS just to play the game.Anyway, great comic. I think I know who was hired, but maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.-- :ruru:

DS is region-free. :P@Kahi: I haven't played any of the others actually xD I definitely wouldn't call 64 traditional though. :P
Then why would she need a DS cart?--:ruru:

banner.jpg

...Or maybe they bought a Japanese DS just to play the game.Anyway, great comic. I think I know who was hired, but maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.-- :ruru:

Then why would she need a DS cart?-- :ruru:
Because you can't help the fandom create a English patch if you don't have a DS cart to play it on.

After seeing Toy Story 3 for the first time, I'm going to come back in here and say that if How To Train Your Dragon was as good as that guy thinks it was, you'd have people trying to sell their children to get their hands eyes/ears on it. Haven't seen it, but I have high doubts that it can even get close to Toy Story 3. You've done well to reject such a crazy person. :P

button.png

Yeah, so, to usher in the new year, I'm taking my previously unreleased Christmas comic and turning it into a Christmas/New Year's Special. Part One is going to be released now, on New Year's Eve (or the New Year, for some) and then the other whenever I complete it.As with my last Christmas special, which introduced my new layout and panels, this one is going to introduce some improvements to the general LLL formula.Comic 49: 'Tis the Season for Investment

DON WE NOW OUR-Um. Nevermind.Great comic, Kahi.I had a couple of laughs here and there. There's a nice story build-up,and then of course you just have to end it with a cliffhanger to keep me glued to my seat.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

Nice comic there, Kahi. Looks like you're using new colors for your characters, and knowing where you got them from, they look pretty nice.Also, I'm really liking the more business-like approach you've been taking in this series lately. Dunno why, but I feel like we need a comic like that around here.

Objection.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, if you haven't noticed, I'm basically on a hiatus from comic making now. College starts tomorrow and I really don't have time to keep making comics, at least, not at the current rate.The one I was supposed to be working on has thus been put on hold for a while; its a bit of a shame, since that comic was supposed to mark a milestone as it is my fiftieth, but that'll have to wait.What I will say, however, is that I've decided that its about time to move on to another season of Live, Learn and Lawsuits. I'm not sure what the prefix for it will be, but I'll start doing them more often once I get into a system. In the meantime, here's a questionnaire over the last season; I'd really appreciate it if you guys answered some of them for the next season. That way, I'll be more ready to give you guys what you want.I've been at this for a while, so by all means, don't hold back at all; I won't hold making constructive criticism against you. This will really help me a lot in making better comics for next season and all that, so go at it.So, here we go:1) What do you think of the progress made in Live, Learn and Lawsuits from the first comic up until the latest one?2) What do you think makes Live, Learn and Lawsuits different from other comic series on BZPower?3) What makes you want to read this series as opposed to going to read another series?4) What made you want to check out this topic when you first found it, and what made you want to continue reading the comics?5) Do you like the "real life comic making" approach that I've been taking recently with this series?6) What was the best change about this series that I've made since it started?7) What was the worst change about the series that I've made since it started?8) What is the one change that I could make to this series that would make you stop reading it?9) What is something that you really dislike/think needs working on with this series?9a) Out of all of those, which one would you list as the most important one?10) Do you prefer longer or shorter comics?11) Who is your least favorite character in this series and what makes him so dislikable?12) Who is your favorite character in this series and what makes him your favorite?13) What was your least favorite comic in this series, and why do you think it was worse from all my other ones?14) What was your favorite comic in this series, and why do you think it stands out from all the rest?15) Would you rather I release comics on a schedule, as opposed to releasing them when I complete them?16) Would you rather see me finish up more sagas or do more comedic work?17) How would you compare this series to the other series in BZPower?18) Which other comic series on BZPower do you think is the most similar to mine?18a) Is that comic series better than mine?18b) If yes, what should I do to become more like that series?19) How many comics do you think I should make in a month?19a) How many comics do you think I should have made by the end of the year?20) What is the one thing I could do that would make this series a lot better in your eyes? (Note: No cheap pull in for you being a PGS =P)Edit: Normally, I would request that you PM these responses in lieu of posting them. However, since the answers would count as feedback for the series as a whole, you all can feel free to post them in this topic. Yay, loopholes. Unless, of course, you would prefer that they be PMed, Kahi.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

Hello There, After catching up on your latest comics, I discovered your long list of questions. Since most of the questions are almost the same I'll just summarize some of the questions and my views.Well I feel from comic one to comic 50, I felt the comics were alright in the beginning, but then they gradually rose to one of my favorite series, but then as the series progressed it plummeted to what I feel is just almost utterly boring. I feel the business setting is overly exaggerated and just makes the comics as I stated before, rather boring. I skipped through 3/4 of comic 50 just because of all the business related talk.I can't really give a least favorite character or a favorite character in the series is because of how undefined the characters are, the only character who is defined is the main character, Kahi, who seems to take the role of boss or director a bit too seriously. The other characters just seem like characters thrown in just to make sure Kahi isn't lonely.It doesn't matter the length of a comic, I just feel it stays true to what its designed to be. Those business style, stock market and work comics... I don't even know what they are supposed to be. Are they comedy or Saga? I honestly don't know. The closest comic series I can think of that is closest related to you is probably LR's comics. I felt its comedic work was actually laughable and its epics were spot on. Your style of humor is more so a chuckle, or an "Oh I get it now, hahaha...". What you should do to become more like that series is nothing, Whatever your style is just stick with it, trying to become something you're not just ends up unoriginal at times.One change in the series to stop me from reading it is to continue the excessive saga style comics, I feel its overdone. I've always thought of a comic or cartoon as comedy, rarely ever saga. One thing that would make the comics a lot better in my eyes would be to not overdose in these business or political style comics. You could even make the jokes for them a lot more noticeable or laughable. I could care less about the comics a month, or whether they be on a schedule or not. I just feel you should make them more true to what they are suppose to be, whether its comedy or saga.One thing I never honestly liked was how some series feel that graphics are that important. They do help in some cases, but I just feel the need for good graphics often exceed the need for good jokes, good cliff hangers or good story. In some cases I'd rather read the comics of a random guy in 'eye searing' colors with good jokes then read of the latest imaginary stock market with the insanely realistic graphics.I tried to answer as many of the questions as I could so I hoped I helped.-Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Kahi, I must say. I love the buisiness talk. It makes the series unique in oh so many ways. But never should a very long comic consist 3/4 of buisinesstalk, since it's kind of deliberating to read and may alienate casual fans.And I like sagas, but they shouldn't be a main thing. If you're going to have over-arching plot lines, you should make each comic be subtly connected to eachother, having things from the previous and foreshadowing for the next, but not require someone to read the prior one to understand it or get the joke. The only exception is if the saga is basically an exuse for a Brick Joke or there's a Chekov gun somewhere in there. Tropes are tools, that's why they're used so much. Just use them wisely.And the one thing you should do to make the series better is, aside from less serious buisness happenings, to rope me in as a PGS due to me being in the ICC include more humour. Not guffaw inducing stuff, but it's pretty monotomous to read as-is. Pretty, but also monotomous. I'm pretty sure I didn't spell that right but WHO CARES.I wish you nothing but luck in your various endeavours, whether they be the schoolstuffs that draws you away from these or your new season thing(?!?) that you're talking about.

tumblr_mrji0oZwlq1sqiy2ho1_400.png

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa, sorry I haven't had a chance to reply to both of you. I had a post typed up and everything, but then my stupid browser crashed on me and I sort of forgot that it didn't go through until today.Anyhow, thanks a bunch for the constructive crit, Tap and Soran; there's just a couple things I wanted to address.First off: "Serious Business"? Yeah, that was boring. And I mean ungodly boring. I almost pulled the plug on it, but decided to see how the public would react. Oddly enough, they reacted quite well to it; actually, the response was greater from that than my previous "traditional" comic with humor and all that stuff. But yeah, you guys are totally right in that aspect.Now, will it necessarily be boring from then on? I sure hope not. From what I see, you guys aren't so much against the approach as you are against it being boring. And granted, it was boring. But I sort of like the idea and I'd like to see if it'd be more enjoyable if I played around with it more. You know, lessen the dialogue and spread out a lot more comedy and all that sort of stuff.But yeah, the characters are another thing I really need to work on. I've long since thought of actually creating more characters with some sort of personality to them, but I'm sort of hesitating because that would mean that PGSes would probably suffer a large drop in terms of comic relevance. I'll be keeping the ones that have a better personality grasp on them (like Ebba, who was I think the only guy to respond to my redone PGS questionnaire), but the others will probably have to be retired for the time being. Dunno if that's such a great idea or not, but you guys tell me.The comment about saga comics also leads to some more insight: saga comics usually take a toll on me. I have a great idea formed, but while its being executed I think I just grow bored with it. And it shows, it really does. Tap's right in that I should probably try and making stuff be more understated, like having the story be an undercurrent instead of a big event. That, or get the saga done before I actually release parts of it.Anyhow, thanks again for that. If you guys have any more comments, or comments about the things I listed above, feel free to state them.As for the hiatus, I'm sort of leaning towards an anniversary release, specifically my third anniversary. I'm not sure if its June 3rd or 4th (the board says 3rd, but I've always thought of it as 4th. That, and its the archived forum, so maybe the board's time/date was changed? Dunno...), but whichever it is, LLL will be back opening with its 3rd season.I'll be coming up with the name/logo sometime soon, and I'll also be working on a ton of new backgrounds (which I really need, since I've always felt that my location range was pretty limited). They'll be posted here, but I don't think you'll be seeing a comic before then, sorry.Anyhow, yeah. That's all I have to say.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been a while, but I thought I should clue you guys in on the next season:new_logo_beta.pngComic 50 is being worked on and will be released soon, alongside the conclusion of Foresight. Then I'll get to work on starting my buffer and making more backgrounds and adding in some new characters for the remainder of the series.