Tren Krom Discrepancy

Iver

In Federation of Fear, Tren Krom is described with yellow eyes, but in Mutran Chronicles, Tren Krom has no eyes. Maybe this discrepancy can be explained as Tren Krom's psychic powers being so mind-warpingly powerful, that he can appear different depending on who is looking at him?

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

Not a discrepancy at all. It's just the way Mutran described him. See this part:

I should include every detail of my time there. In the interests of the sanity anyone reading this, I will not. Even when I look back now, I remember only a scarlet mass, a face that was not a face, tentacles lined with tiny, sharpened hooks, eyes that were little more than holes in a gelatinous skull,

He doesn't describe the eyes very much. Just says he remembered holes. It could very well be that Tren Krom has sunken eyes, and so to Mutran's twisted mind, the holes in which his eyes are situated would have stood out in his memory. Also, Mutran doesn't tell us what happened. Brutaka does. Tren Krom actually picks up Brutaka and brings him in close, so Brutaka likely got a better look at what TK actually looks like, and was able to see his eyes where Mutran could not.

Not a discrepancy, just different people seeing and remembering different details.

• Upvote 6

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I remember GregF admitting that it was a discrepancy in one of his Q&As, but I don't remember which one. Eh, whatever. Two ways of justifying it.

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

I remember GregF admitting that it was a discrepancy in one of his Q&As, but I don't remember which one. Eh, whatever. Two ways of justifying it.

There's that, but another thing I noticed after my original post. In FoF, the events are being relayed as they are happening through Brutaka's eyes. In Mutran Chronicles, Mutran states that he's recording his life's story while he's in Karda Nui, so he's recalling events from thousands of years before, as opposed to the mere seconds Brutaka is noting.

That said, again, it's probably just different people remembering different details due to difference of vantage point and time period.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Oh man, I wish someone had saved that Greg ask because the way Greg dismissed it was hilarious.

Now, I interpreted it with the knowledge that Tren Krom can sprout extra eyes at will. So I assume that as an organic being, he sometimes sheds organic material and regrows it. In one version his eyes were described as dead and yellow, so perhaps his eyes naturally decay and fall out periodically before regrowing. If he needs an eye quickly, he can expend some extra energy to grow one faster, but he has little use for eyes most of the time anyway, being stuck to a rock and all.

He's already an edritch horror, so having parts of him constantly decomposing and falling off fits well with his overall image.

• Upvote 3

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I believe it went something like:

Q: I know that this is a nitpick, but [discrepancy]

A: You're right. It is a nitpick.

Greg Farshtey was a master. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Don't we have some sort of database with all of Greg's answers or something?

• Upvote 3

I believe it went something like:

Q: I know that this is a nitpick, but [discrepancy]

A: You're right. It is a nitpick.

Greg Farshtey was a master. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Don't we have some sort of database with all of Greg's answers or something?

BionicleSector01 tries, but he's given us a lot.

Given that Tren Krom displayed the ability to produce an eye randomly to blast Carapar into oblivion, the idea of him having hole-like eyes at one point and yellow eyes at another hardly seems implausible.

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge