Help with Drawing Object in Fire

Hello.

I need help or tips or such on how to effectively draw an object wreathed in fire. I am trying to draw my interpretation of the Element Lord of Fire, who is named Ezen Galyn, and his fiery veil enshrouds his armor and being.  Would it all be a silhouette or would i be able to retain some detail and color, and how would this look?

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Bad advice: Watch the two Ghost Rider movies and get an idea from the Rider's flaming skull.

Good advice: It depends on what exactly you're going for. If you're going for a being made of flame, then no inner detail should be necessary. If you're looking for a solid being with flames coming off their skin/armor, then my best advice (if you have somewhere to do it) would be to make a small campfire, then find a rock or something else that will last the flames, and place it in the middle of a particularly hot spot. Draw what you see, and then transfer it over to your EL drawing.

That's how I taught myself to do it. But long story short, yeah, some detail should be visible, but really hazy, because intense heat can obscure many finer details.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Bad advice: Watch the two Ghost Rider movies and get an idea from the Rider's flaming skull.

Good advice: It depends on what exactly you're going for. If you're going for a being made of flame, then no inner detail should be necessary. If you're looking for a solid being with flames coming off their skin/armor, then my best advice (if you have somewhere to do it) would be to make a small campfire, then find a rock or something else that will last the flames, and place it in the middle of a particularly hot spot. Draw what you see, and then transfer it over to your EL drawing.

That's how I taught myself to do it. But long story short, yeah, some detail should be visible, but really hazy, because intense heat can obscure many finer details.

This was pretty helpful. Thanks dude.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

This was pretty helpful. Thanks dude.

Happy to be of service. :)

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~