BZP'S GAME OF THRONES: SEASON 2

Voltex

I present to you all, the endgame of Kulta and co.

1fe.jpg

You should really stop looking in the mirror.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

expect the episode in the next day or two

try not to continue your spiral down past insanity in the meantime, ok? we've still got seven episodes for you all to loop back around a few times.

What Insanity? I'm perfectly sane. Ignore the crowds of people calling me insane, clearly they are the ones lacking sanity if they find insanity in my actions and words.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu-qkxpT72E

Look at the face in mirror.

I'm there inside!

Am I the only one who finds the music at the end of that scene really foreboding sounding? 

Especially in that recording, it sounds a lot more ominous than when I got to hear Phantom in broadway back in November.

as an edit, that also is fitting for this game for it to be that way =p

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Upvote 1

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

The overall tone of Phantom is based off of romantic tragedies.

So it's going to be a bit ominous.

I'm also going to try and explain TTL 1's actions in the next Episode inspired by the Phantom sequel Love Never dies.

The song "Love Never Dies" in particular

Here's a link.

Edited by ToaTimeLord II
  • Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

try not to continue your spiral down past insanity in the meantime, ok? we've still got seven episodes for you all to loop back around a few times.

At this point my hopes are so high you'd better be writing some emmy quality stuff.

• Upvote 5

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Tex is channeling his inner George RR Martin.

In other words, it'll be decades before we see the next installment. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Too late.

39318423.jpg

• Upvote 3

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Me in episode five.

giphy.gif

The amount of sheer luck in that gif is astounding. :3

• Upvote 1

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Episode 4 is about half done now that I'm done being sick

Have a little preview because I feel bad, but not bad enough to not tease you:

--

The Titan jumped down from their perch, and the ground shook underneath their weight as they landed, towering above her. They were at least twice the height and width of a Toa, and held a massive bow taller than her in their hands, with another arrow nocked.

"Name yourselves first, Okotoans, and your allegiance." The Titan's voice sounded ancient, older than time itself, and tired - but still full of life.

Terrorsaur stepped forward, nudging Chloe. “I am Terrorsaur Rayne, and my allegiance lies with the wellbeing of Okoto.”

“My name is Chloe Saryian,” she said, eyeing the Titan warily. “My allegiance also lies with the wellbeing of Okoto. I apologize if we are trespassing.”

“You do trespass, though your trespassing is meaningless,” the Titan said, their voice rumbling. “The labyrinth is abandoned, and the civilization it once hid long dead. Your allegiance, however, worries me. The so-called well-being of Okoto could be interpreted in many ways.”

"I have no official allegiance,” Chloe said, shrugging and frowning. “However, if it will help at all, I am anti-Faith... in case you were talking about that.”

“To put it another way… we aren't fond of the Faith and any war they might cause,” Terrorsaur interjected.

“Hmmph. Do you hold some proof of your dislike for the Faith, or perhaps some knowledge? You understand that I cannot simply trust any random stranger that strolls through.”

“Not exactly,” Chloe said, shaking her head and forcing her frustration back. “My region is pro-Faith, and I have found it quite bothersome. I just can’t support them, falling for Kulta’s ruse. I don’t truly have any reason for feeling this way… something just feels… off about Kulta.”

The Titan crouched on all fours, leaning in to look her in the eyes.

"...if I were Voltex or Vatten, I would leave you here, and continue on my way. The Mask Makers do not trust easily these days - but I have lived longer than either, and their paranoia might spell our doom. I will believe you, Protector. Bring your companion. We have Masks to collect."

• Upvote 8

EPISODE FOUR

“Control”

-EARTH REGION-

-IRTEZA SHAH GALUM-

IC: Pulse (All), Toru (All), Irteza (All), Kulta (All)

Irteza followed behind Lord Toru and the Mask Maker as the two spoke, preferring to remain silent. While Pulse had seemed open enough to his plans, the Mask Maker was now acting rather friendly towards the Ruler of Earth, and Irteza was beginning to wonder if he had made a mistake in trusting the Mask Maker’s feelings towards the Knights and the Faith.

“I understand where this is coming from, my liege. But it is not your fault,” Toru was saying, in response to a long-winded apology from the Mask Maker for trusting Dallior. “You have done everything in your power to keep Okoto united, but the Mask Maker no longer has absolute power, not after two rebellions have shown how easily the regions can claim power in quick succession. Your suggestion… a Council of Rulers… it has merit, I think.”

“That is it exactly. With only the power that Rulers such as yourself give me. how am I supposed to keep Okoto united?” Pulse asked, sounding frustrated. “I do not have the power all the Mask Makers before Trijhak had. Kamuk's secession is proof of that.”

The Mask Maker sighed, visibly sagging before continuing, “the last three Mask Makers have been responsible for so much uncertainty and death. Myself, Voxumo, Trijhak… we have seen the Earth Region exterminated, the Stone Region poisoned and nearly wiped out, the Jungle Region burned and conquered….”

At this, Irteza frowned, as did Lord Toru.

“Your victory has been hard on you,” the Earth Region Ruler said, clasping a hand on Pulse’s shoulder. “I have faith in you, no matter what. You just need a way to… peacefully re-take control.”

“Your words are kind, Lord Toru,” Pulse said quietly. “I have told you mine and Okoto's problems... does the Earth Region have any problems of its own right now?”

“Apart from ShadowVezon's betrayal?” Toru asked, an ugly expression flashing on his face. “No, but we did find out that our previous Diplomat, Tehutti Zemlja, had been conspiring with Dallior to assassinate Commander Kulta. He received the death sentence, of course.”

“Of House Zemjla? That is very much odd,” Pulse said, sounding shocked. “If it wasn’t just Dallior, then it might go even deeper… I must confess, I respect the Earth Region. There is no nonsense when you find someone to have been conspiring against you. You make it known that it will not work.”

Irteza did not like the sound of that.

“What of Onua, by the way?” Pulse was asking.

“He’s on a diplomatic mission to the Jungle with Luroka Qendroj and Portal Sevoi,” Toru replied, before glancing up and smiling. “Ah, we are here.”

The entrance to the Great Hall of House Sevoi loomed above them, a towering monolith of earth and crystal.

As they approached, two Skull Warriors pushed open the doors to the grand meeting hall.

Inside, at the opposite end of a long table, Kulta sat upon a throne-like chair. As Irteza followed Pulse and Toru inside, Kulta stood, their red eyes gleaming as they bowed their head.

“Lord Toru… Irteza Shah… your grace. Please, come join me.”

-WATER REGION-

-JED CORRUICH, THE KINGSLAYER-

IC: Jed (All), Nato (All), Vatten (All), LOSS (All)

As they approached the formerly sunken city, Jed slowed with the rest of the group.

“The Lord of Skull Spiders,” Nato murmured, before turning away, ordering his guards to return to the Ice Region and inform Kopaka of his activities and a missing Mask of Illusions.

While he did that, Jed took in their surroundings. The Lord of Skull Spiders held the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders, and a horde of the smaller creatures appeared to be guarding the gates.

“Welcome to Ignika City,” Vatten said, once Nato’s guards were out of earshot. “Ekimu’s tomb is within… Voltex and Onaku will be waiting.”

“I haven't seen the Lord of Skull Spiders since the Long Night,” Nato said as they entered the city. “Where've they been all this time?”

“It has been living underneath Okoto, watching and waiting for Kulta to break free once more alongside Umarak,” Vatten answered. “It was they who warned us. You lost a Mask of Illusions recently?”

“It vanished from my person while I was in the Ancient City,” Nato said, sounding disgruntled. “Although it's hardly the first mask that has gone missing recently.”

Vatten frowned, causing Jed to frown as well.

I’ve got a bad feeling about this….

“That is... very worrying. I was not aware that a Mask of Illusions was on the island. I must confess that the rest was us - grabbing all the Masks of Power on the island has kept Voltex, Umarak and I busy for quite some time,” Vatten said, oblivious to Nato’s growing anger. “We had heard reports that Kulta was planning to start a collection, and took preventative measures. Umarak should be returning soon, though I cannot guarantee which masks he will bring with him. But we had not heard of your Mask of Illusions. If Kulta has it....”

Nato froze in place, and Jed stopped with him. Vatten continued walking for several steps before realizing they had stopped and the Mask Maker turned to face them, looking perplexed.

“It was you guys... you stole all of our masks... our only means of defending ourselves against Kulta and the Skull Warriors?” Nato asked, his voice barely a whisper. “Whose stupid idea was that?”

“Umarak?” Jed asked, hoping to get clarification on the unfamiliar name before the argument could break out.

“The antlered Titan,” Vatten said to him, before glaring at Nato. “You just admitted to losing track of a mask. You can't take the high road here, especially if it turns out some Protector took it from you. Be thankful we stole them - if we had not, the Skull Army would currently have the Mask of Control, the Mask of Light, and possibly both the Mask of Creation and the upper half of the Mask of Time in their grasp. As it stands, the one mask they do have will cause us endless problems.”

“I didn't lose track of it,” Nato snapped. “I was carrying it with me, surrounded by guards, and it vanished. There's not much anyone can do to defend against something like that. Now, shall we head inside?”

“Did you not check with your guards, or search around the city?” Vatten asked. “Sounds like one of your 'guards' wasn't what they seemed, Nato - and if someone was able to infiltrate you that easily, then I am very happy with the precautions we took.”

“By all means, please continue to indulge your superiority complex,” Nato drawled. “After all, you Mask Makers have never made any mistakes, ever.”

“Superiority complex? Please,” Vatten said, scoffing. “Yes, we Mask Makers have made mistakes - and ours are far larger than most. But you have done nothing these past ten years to halt Okoto's fall, and now the Faith has a foothold too strong to shake.”

At the sight of the rage building on Vatten’s face, Jed took a step back from the two. No need to get vaporized if Nato took it too far….

Vatten pointed to the Kanohi Mask on his face.

"You see this?” the Mask Maker spat. “I have spent nearly 400 years in exile to keep it out of Kulta's hands for Okotoans like you. The Lord of Skull Spiders was transformed into their beastly form trying to protect Okotoans like you. Umarak has maintained the cage holding Kulta for millennia all for Okotoans like you. Ekimu sacrificed himself for you Okotoans. You have no right to judge us, Traveler.”

“Don’t I?” Nato asked, his expression becoming just as ugly as Vatten’s. He held out one hand, ticking out fingers as he continued, “what have you Mask Makers done for us, except make things worse? Makuta caused the Long Night. Ekimu failed to destroy Kulta. His Knights failed to keep Okoto unified. And where have you all been, for the past 10 years? For the past 100 years? Nowhere. But after all this time in hiding, your first act is to steal from us the only weapons we had that could destroy the Skull Warriors. When exactly do you plan to start helping, instead of hindering?”

Vatten’s eyes began to glow. Jed took another step back as he noticed Skull Spiders beginning to enter the area.

This was to be our first move,” Vatten snarled. “Awakening Ekimu, and mobilizing the Knights behind Umarak and three Mask Makers, with the Skull Spiders and their Lord at our side, armed with every Mask of Power the island had to offer.”

The Mask Maker spat on the ground before Nato.

“Kulta existed long before even the first Mask Makers, you fool. She’s powered by a Dark Energy, one that in turn existed before Kulta herself. It is a primal force of nature, the power of a god. You can force it to sleep, or chain it temporarily, but you cannot kill it.”

He stepped forward, jabbing a finger into Nato’s chest.

“Yes, Makuta caused the Long Night - he was a jealous fool of a Mask Maker, tempted by the exact same force that controls Kulta! As for Ekimu's Knights failing Okoto... the Knights are Protectors, Traveler, not Mask Makers. That one is on you. If the Knights had stuck to Ekimu’s mission, Okoto would not have fractured.”

“Maybe you should have tried being more inclusive,” Nato snapped, “instead of hiding, sneaking, lying and stealing! You could have shared your knowledge and power with us! Trust works both ways, Vatten.”

Okay, this is more than enough, Jed thought. I don’t need to stand here and watch Okoto collapse because these two idiots couldn’t get along.

Forcing himself in between both, Jed pushed each aside, glaring at both.

“Look, both Mask Makers and Protectors have made mistakes,” he said, glancing at Nato. “What Vatten said was true – you lost your mask, and could have easily looked for it. The Knights are also Protectors, and any mistakes they made are not the fault of the Mask Makers.”

Not giving Nato a chance to reply, Jed turned to Vatten. “But at the same time… stealing every Mask of Power has been a hindrance to the functioning of the island. If you had been more open about your plans, the Long Night might have been prevented, or at least delayed.”

Jed took a step back, addressing both now: “Both sides have made mistakes, but the past is in the past. We can’t change it – all we can do is work to fix the mistakes made. You’re both clearly bitter, which is understandable, but… the whole point of waking Ekimu is to fix it, correct? So why are we bothering with this petty argument? I recommend we calm down and continue. If we need to, we can continue this later.”

Nato sighed, glancing at him and nodding. “You’re right.”

Vatten closed his eyes, shaking his head before walking away.

"It is this way."

Nobody said anything else the rest of the journey, and the Skull Spiders that had gathered accompanied them on their way.

-ICE REGION-

-LORD FF CRUSTALLUS-

IC: FF (All), Kit (All)

“Thank you for your assistance,” FF murmured, as the doctors sat him down at an operating table. “I might have perished were it not for your interference.”

“Don’t be silly,” Kit said, flapping her hand dismissively. “He was there for me, not you.”

“Still….”

“Once you’re better, I would suggest you consider which one of your Protectors has turned traitor,” Kit continued. “Wouldn’t want this incident to repeat itself.”

“No… no I would not,” FF said, glancing down at his ruined hand. “Unfortunately, I will be out of commission for quite some time. Send a message to Ehksidian, wouldn’t you? Inform her that she is to act as Ruler in my stead until I can return to active duty.”

Kit nodded. “I will.”

“Then I believe this is farewell. The sooner they can operate, the higher my chances are of regaining use of my hand.”

-FIRE REGION-

-LUROKA QENDROJ-

IC: Luroka (All), Portal (All), Onua (All), RG (All), TimeLord (All)

Luroka shared a look of silent fury and frustration with Toa Onua when TimeLord II Hinterland finally stumbled into view, gasping for breath. Keeping his expression calm and impassive, for Portal was staring at him, Luroka held out his hands.

“I’m glad you could finally make it,” he said.”

“Terribly sorry,” said the Jungle Protector. “Call me TL, please, and I hope you enjoyed the feast. So, what was it you wished to discuss?”

Toa Onua stepped forward. “I believe we were sent to arrange a formal alliance with you.”

“Oh, that? I already established it through letters with Commander Kulta,” TL said, waving his hand dismissively.

Luroka frowned, sharing a worried glance with Onua as the number of Jungle soldiers present began to increase. Thankfully, none of them appeared hostile, though Luroka wasn’t sure he wanted to know what else they might be busy with.

Time to take our leave.

“Indeed, we were sent to formalize and further solidify the alliance between Earth and Jungle,” he said, swallowing his distaste as he continued, “Lord Toru wished for us to be sure that you are… loyal to the Faith.”

“The entire region is loyal to the Faith,” TL said.

“Good,” Luroka said, feeling anything but. “We must take out leave. Do you have any questions that I should ask Lord Toru upon my return?”

“Tell him I will await his part of the plan to begin,” TL answered, sounding distracted. “The fight for the Faith is about to begin. Oh, and… I would recommend you travel through the Ancient City on your return trip. The Fire Region is… going to be quite hostile.”

“Aye,” Luroka said, turning to Onua and Portal. “Then let’s get out of here.”

-ANCIENT CITY-

-PURPLE RAYNE-

IC: Purple (All), Kelotu (All), Ehksidian (After Entrance), ToaD (After Entrance)

Purple warily entered a room that was dimly lit by candle light. Music that he could only describe as corny was playing softly, and seated upon a loveseat across the room was none other than Kelotu Zemlja. The Protector of Earth stood, walking over to the table in the corner of the room and gesturing toward the bottle of wine.

“Purple Rayne,” said Kelotu, smiling. “I have been expecting you.”

Returning the smile, Purple walked over and poured a generous glass of wine before handing it to the Protector of Earth, keeping the bottle for himself. 

“I must say, I like your taste. What brings us together?”

“I could bore you with talk of how I haven’t made the acquaintance of any Water Protectors,” Kelotu said, nursing his glass of wine, “or we could go on and on exchanging information for our regions… though, truthfully, I’m simply a little curious about something a little more… personal.”

Purple raised a single eyebrow; in response, Kelotu took a long sip of wine before continuing, “tell me, did it hurt when you fell?”

“Like you wouldn’t believe,” Purple said, setting the bottle on the table and withdrawing two blunted épées from his case. “Tell me… do you fence?”

“I can’t say that I’m familiar,” Kelotu replied, setting his glass down and accepting a blade, “but I suppose I could take a stab at it.”

“Splendid.”

Purple withdrew his from its sheath as Kelotu did the same, and both assumed the position.

“So,” Purple asked. “How goes the Earth Region?”

“A good question,” Kelotu said. “King ShadowVezon has asked to annex Earth, and his grace Pulse has left to meet with Commander Kulta. It is quite the time to be alive.”

The Earth Protector adjusted his stance to match Purple’s. “You lead, yes? I shall keep up. May I ask what Water is up to these days?”

“The usual. Politic deadlock, not much else. Truth be told,” Purple said, pausing mid-thrust, “I could use a little bit of something.”

A hint of a smile flickered on Kelotu’s face as they tried to block. “Oh? And what might that be?”

Purple stepped in, grinding their blades together until his face was so close to Kelotu’s that they could touch. “Some… excitement.”

He drew back, holding his sword ready. “These Skulls of yours… tell me. Are they trusted?”

“While they look sinister, I cannot argue with results. As for trust, I am sure they would remove any obstacle to their rule,” said Kelotu. “I like that move of yours. Tell me… what is the secret to a good thrust?”

“Eye contact.”

Reaching down, Purple grabbed the bottle and took a swig, loosening his armor and unbuttoning the shirt underneath to cool off as he sat down near one of the candles. All the while, he maintained eye contact with the Protector of Earth still standing above him.

“But should not Earth be ruled by itself?” he asked. “Not by those outsider Skulls, but people with more… virility.”

A wry smirk formed on Kelotu’s face. “That does sound ideal, doesn’t it?”

The Protector of Earth sank down to sit beside Purple, who shivered as their arms brushed.

“I hope this does not seem too forward,” Kelotu continued, speaking slowly as a finger trailed up Purple’s arm, “but I very much hoped to form an alliance between the two of us.”

“An independent Earth would be better for all Okoto,” Purple murmured, sliding a little closer. “Perhaps then Water would be willing to… muddy its seas.”

Kelotu leaned in, whispering the next words in Purple’s ear.

“And how do you propose to deal with Kulta?”

Purple turned Kelotu’s face to his, so that their eyes were only inches away. “If what is dead cannot die, then maybe we should give Earth a new leader.”

“Mmm… very well.”

Kelotu leaned in, closer and closer, and Purple felt his heart racing-

-and at last, they sealed the deal with a kiss.

As he began to recline, caressing Kelotu as the Earth Protector’s hands stroking up and down his arms, Purple couldn’t help but smile into the deepening kiss. He could taste the scent of the vintage wine on Kelotu’s lips. They parted, and Purple took a shaky, shallow breath, before –

BAM!

Kelotu practically flew off him as the door crashed open, sunlight spilling into the room. The Earth Protector swore loudly as they crashed into the table, flipping over it and hitting the loveseat face-first. Purple scrambled to his feet, his heart racing and adrenaline pumping through his veins as he adjusted his armor with shaking hands, glancing at the doorway with wide eyes to see –

“…ToaD?” he asked, gaping. “Ehksidian?”

Both Protectors had frozen in place.

It was ToaD who finally broke the silence. “This is… uh, probably exactly what it looks like.”

ToaD!” Ehks cried, her face falling into her hands as she moaned with embarrassment. “Oh gods, I am never living this down.”

“Ahaha, that’s totally fine,” Kelotu muttered, shakily standing to his feet and brushing himself off. “We were just… er… fencing?”

“Really,” ToaD said, sounding thoroughly unimpressed.

Purple rubbed at his neck when the Water Region General glanced back at him, but did not respond, choosing instead to grab the wine bottle and chug what was left. In the corner of his eye, he noticed ToaD smirking.

“That’s what I thought.”

-WATER REGION-

-GENERAL NATO GREAVESY-

IC: Nato (All), Jed (All), Vatten (All), LOSS (All), Voltex (All)

“Here we are,” Vatten said quietly, as they arrived at the tomb.

He led them into the chamber, where the black and white figure – Voltex – was waiting. In the middle of the room Nato noticed a large slab of gold, which he could only assume contained Ekimu within.

“So you joined us after all, Kingslayer,” Voltex said to Jed, sounding vaguely amused before a worried look appeared on his face. “What happened?”

“I can't say I truly know for myself,” the Water Protector replied. “It's probably a combination of knowing exactly what you were doing, as well as just general curiosity.... But, that's beside the point. Now then, what do we need to do to wake him up?”

“We wait for a little bit,” Voltex said. The black and white Mask Maker eyed Vatten worriedly before continuing, “Onaku went to check out the forge. Once he returns, we'll begin. You and Nato should decide who will help us directly, and who will observe and stand guard.”

“I consider Ekimu to be a friend,” Nato said. “I owe him – I’ll help wake him up.”

Jed glanced at him; at Nato’s nod, the Kingslayer sighed before agreeing. “I’ll stand guard, then.”

An entrance across the chamber opened to reveal Onaku. Before the other Ice Protector could speak, Voltex was already moving into action, handing Nato a Kanohi Mask that he recognized as the upper half of the Mask of Time.

“Put this on, and do not worry about paying with your life. Vatten and I will be both guiding and powering the ritual with out magic - you and Onaku will simply be acting as the conduits by activating both halves of the mask.”

“Well, this has been a long time coming,” Nato said, taking the mask and staring down at it. “This mask has impacted my life so many times, in so many ways, but this is the first time I've actually so much as touched it.”

Shrugging, he donned the mask. “I suppose all things come to pass, in time.”

“This is it, then,” Onaku murmured, accepting Vatten’s mask and putting it on. “Time to awaken Ekimu.”

“Jed, you need to stand guard outside,” Voltex ordered.

“Alright.”

As Jed left, Voltex and Vatten stepped up on opposite sides of the golden slab, holding out their hands.

“Nato, on my left,” said Voltex. “Onaku, across from him on my right. Once you're in position, take our hands.”

Although slightly disgruntled at having to hold hands with the thieving Mask Makers, Nato nonetheless did as asked, while Onaku did the same across from him. Nato glanced over at Voltex, who swallowed nervously before taking a deep breath.

“And now we begin.”

-FIRE REGION-

-SMOKE MONSTER BOSCAGE -

IC: Burnmad (All), Smoke Monster (All)

Smoke Monster stepped into the study of Lord Burnmad Aodh to the sight of carnage. The table was tipped over, and the map of Okoto that had been atop of it was shredded. Papers had scattered all over the floor, and Burnmad’s chair was currently aflame, having toppled into the fireplace. Blood had splattered all over the floor and the walls.

Burnmad was standing in the far corner, hunched over and holding his right hand to his chest. He was bleeding from a wound in his right shoulder, as well as what appeared to be a cut in his wrist, and was clutching a bloodied knife in his left hand. A dead Protector was lying on the floor in front of the Fire Ruler, blood pooling under them.

Two Fire Region guards were standing between Burnmad and a second attacker. Without missing a stride, Smoke Monster drew his sword and stepped towards them.

“I don’t suppose you’re here to help,” Burnmad said, his voice hoarse. “I’m guessing… that this was you. It’s a fool move… with Dragonstar gone… and me dead… you’d hand the Fire Region over to Tahu. He’ll burn what’s left of your region until not even ashes remain.”

“To tell you the truth, Burnmad…” Smoke Monster said, eyeing both guards and the remaining assassin impassively, “I did originally plan to meet with you just to talk. The bodies had been discovered, and the gig was up – I hoped that by speaking with you instead of running, my chances of survival might be greater.”

He stepped forward, and stabbed the nearest guard in the stomach. He twisted the sword before yanking it out, and the guard collapsed to the floor, convulsing as they died. Smoke Monster eyed them for a long moment before turning his gaze to Burnmad.

“It turns out my assassins did better than I had anticipated,” he continued, shrugging. “I am sorry. But I am going to help them kill you.”

“Please don’t,” Burnmad said, his faint voice the closest it would ever get to pleading. “You’ll only cause a disaster that will stretch across Okoto.”

Smoke Monster smirked, shaking his head. “I started this chaos, Burnmad. I have come this far… I will not turn back now.”

-LABYRINTH OF CONTROL-

-CHLOE SARYIAN-

IC: Chloe (All), Terrorsaur (All), Umarak (After Entrance)

All that Chloe noticed as she disembarked the ship, sword in hand, was the looming entrance to a giant labyrinth, stretching a hundred times taller than any Protector. After approaching it, she was able to barely make out a series of ancient symbols reading:

Labyrinth of Control

“Labyrinth of Control,” she murmured. “Sounds foreboding… let’s go.”

“I’m right behind you,” said Terrorsaur, as she took her first steps inside.

Holding her sword at the ready, Chloe began making her way through the labyrinth. She tensed more and more with each step taken, anticipating the activation of the deadly traps that the exploration crews had described. Determined not to become lost, she stuck to the wall on her right, until at last they reached a dead end.

“Back the way we came then,” she said, turning to Terrorsaur.

“That… might be an issue.”

Behind them, a wall now stood where the path had been clear only seconds before.

I should have suspected this, she thought.

A glance over her shoulder revealed that a new path had opened. With no other options, they continued.

Chloe had only just rounded the next corner, however, when an arrow the size of her embedded itself in the floor of the labyrinth in front of her, so closely that there was only one way to interpret it – a warning.

A quick glance up found her freezing in her tracks at the sight of a massive antlered Titan, perched at the top of the labyrinth.

“We come in peace,” she called. “What is your name?”

The Titan jumped down from their perch, and the ground shook underneath their weight as they landed, towering above her. They were at least twice the height and width of a Toa, and held a massive bow taller than her in their hands, with another arrow nocked.

"Name yourselves first, Okotoans, and your allegiance." The Titan's voice sounded ancient, older than time itself, and tired - but still full of life.

Terrorsaur stepped forward, nudging Chloe. “I am Terrorsaur Rayne, and my allegiance lies with the wellbeing of Okoto.”

“My name is Chloe Saryian,” she said, eyeing the Titan warily. “My allegiance also lies with the wellbeing of Okoto. I apologize if we are trespassing.”

“You do trespass, though your trespassing is meaningless,” the Titan said, their voice rumbling. “The labyrinth is abandoned, and the civilization it once hid long dead. Your allegiance, however, worries me. The so-called well-being of Okoto could be interpreted in many ways.”

"I have no official allegiance,” Chloe said, shrugging and frowning. “However, if it will help at all, I am anti-Faith... in case you were talking about that.”

“To put it another way… we aren't fond of the Faith and any war they might cause,” Terrorsaur interjected.

“Hmmph. Do you hold some proof of your dislike for the Faith, or perhaps some knowledge? You understand that I cannot simply trust any random stranger that strolls through.”

“Not exactly,” Chloe said, shaking her head and forcing her frustration back. “My region is pro-Faith, and I have found it quite bothersome. I just can’t support them, falling for Kulta’s ruse. I don’t truly have any reason for feeling this way… something just feels… off about Kulta.”

The Titan crouched on all fours, leaning in to look her in the eyes.

"...if I were Voltex or Vatten, I would leave you here, and continue on my way. The Mask Makers do not trust easily these days - but I have lived longer than either, and their paranoia might spell our doom. I will believe you, Protector. Bring your companion. We have Masks to collect."

The Titan stood once more, and turned away to head deeper into the labyrinth. Chloe shared a glance and a shrug with Terrorsaur before moving to follow.

-EARTH REGION-

-HIS GRACE, PULSE VATTEN-

IC: Irteza (All), Pulse (All), Toru (All), Kulta (All)

Pulse Vatten walked into the Great Hall of House Sevoi, until he was halfway down the length of the table. There he kneeled to the stone floor, and bowed.

“I thank you for your invitation, Lord Commander Kulta.”

Kulta’s red eyes gleamed where they stood, and a cold sense of amusement seemed to permeate the air. They bowed low at the waist, before standing tall once more as Pulse pushed himself back to his feet.

“No, your grace. Thank you for joining us.”

Their voice sent a chill down Pulse’s spine, and deep inside, something began to feel irrevocably wrong. The smile fixed on Kulta’s face was almost predatory as they walked toward him, hands behind their back, before they stopped a few feet away. Pulse shivered.

“Your grace, before we begin our meeting proper... I must confess, that I am aware of the effect my presence must be having on you. It is why I stay here, and often send Lord Toru out in my place,” the Skull Leader said, their rasping voice sounding apologetic. “But for you to visit us like this means a great deal... and as such, I should like to offer you a gift.”

“It is an honor,” Pulse said. “May I ask what this gift is?”

Kulta held out their hands.

An ornate golden mask shone in their grip, gleaming in the torchlight of the hall. To Pulse, it both looked and felt cold, even from a distance. There was something off about it, as though it did not quite fit, or belong – and yet, he could feel it calling to him, drawing him in… he shuddered again. The aura of the mask… it was almost… malevolent.

“I am afraid it is no Mask of Power, but I hope the details in the crafting might make up for it?”

“Thank you...” he managed, his throat suddenly dry. “Irteza Shah, please take this mask for now. It is… far too valuable to be damaged by my hands or by wearing it. Such a Mask... I would be a fool to diminish its value by wearing it now.”

Despite lacking any true facial features, Kulta managed to frown, looking hurt.

As Pulse glanced behind him at Irteza and Toru, he noticed the Skull Warrior wearing the Mask of Truth stepping forward. His eyes went wide as he felt the pressure of the Kanohi Mask activating on his mind, pushing him to tell only the truth. Silently praying that his hands would not betray him and start shaking, he turned to face Kulta again.

"Do you not... appreciate our gift?" Kulta's voice had a dangerous edge to it.

He licked his lips and cleared his throat, fighting against the urge to wince as the pressure on his mind increased. “I’m simply nervous about wearing it here, in the Earth Region. Would it not be much grander if it were to be first worn in the Ancient City, with the people of Okoto gathered and watching at the upcoming masquerade event I plan to announce when I return to the Ancient City?”

He could not stop the flinch as the pressure on his mind spiked into him sharply before receding. Before Kulta even spoke, Pulse knew he had failed to convince them.

“You are lying, your grace,” Kulta said, their voice now no more than a chilling hiss that seemed to seep into his bones. “Here we were, believing you wanted to improve relations with us. Yet we offer you a gift... and your response is to toss it aside.”

“It would be wrong of me to accept it,” Pulse said stiffly, clenching his fists as he fought against the urge to cry out from the waves of pain crashing against his skull. “My favour… it would show I can be bought with gifts. That is not how one should rule. Not how one improves relations. It should be me gifting you.”

The pain receded once more, the Skull Warrior buying his words, but one glance into the gleaming red eyes of Kulta told Pulse that he had failed once more to convince the Skull Leader.

“I think it is rather odd that you are so determined not to accept our gift,” they said slowly. “We are not trying to buy good relations, your grace. It was an offer of goodwill, before the actual negotiations begin.”

They stepped forward, looming over him, and Pulse found himself shuddering again as the aura of the Kanohi Mask in their hands washed over him once more. Out of the corners of his eyes, he noticed Skull Warriors stepping out of the shadows in the hall.

“But if you would rather move straight to negotiations,” Kulta continued, “we would be happy to oblige.”

Pulse scowled, drawing on his anger and frustration to combat the terror threatening to overtake him. “I do not wish to remove my Mask of Foresight. The visions it provides are invaluable to me – but yes, let us move onto negotiations. Lord Toru told me we would be discussing the missing Masks of Power? Let’s discuss them.”

Kulta turned away, snapping their fingers. A Skull Warrior stepped forward and took the gift; Pulse sighed with relief as the Skull Warrior stepped back with the mask, its overbearing aura becoming weaker with more distance between them. Kulta turned back to him and he flinched as a spike of pain reminded him that the Mask of Truth was still active.

"I know who is responsible for the thefts. Whether they are connected to Lord Zatth's murder, however, I cannot say."

“Then you know an antlered Titan known as ‘Umarak’ is responsible for the thefts,” Pulse said, turning so that he could more easily glance over at Irteza and Toru. “They have stolen the Mask of Time and the Mask of Creation. Two of my Guardians went after them, and both have vanished since. Irteza, do you know anything about this?”

“I know next to nothing about the thefts,” Irteza said quietly. “But my loyalty is to you first and foremost, your grace… particularly since Lord ShadowVezon appears to consider me a loose tie to be cut. Kulta… I will happily support you in anyway, to reaffirm my own belief in the Faith. Are you certain none will backstab you, Commander?”

“Ah yes, Umarak,” Kulta said quietly, staring down at Pulse. “Beware the Hunter.”

Pulse shuddered at the familiar words, a wave of familiarity washing over him, and suddenly, he knew that it was Kulta’s voice he had heard in his visions.

Oh no, no, no….

He had made a terrible mis-calculation.

Kulta turned towards Irteza, appearing amused. “Are you certain that none will backstab you, Guardian?”

Pulse glanced up as Irteza glanced over his shoulder just as another Skull Warrior stepped forward, raising its sword. Pulse frowned as the Skull Warrior swung its sword around to hold it up to Irteza’s neck, the sharp edge digging into the Guardian’s skin.

"If you thought the Faithful in the Stone Region would not report your plans to me, Guardian, you were sorely mistaken," Kulta said. "Your grace, Irteza Shah announced his plans to infiltrate the Faith for the Knights and take over from the inside to King ShadowVezon before Kamuk announced its independence."

The Skull Leader walked away, sitting back down in their throne-like chair at the end of the table. Once they had done so, they gestured for Pulse to sit next to them on their right.

"The issue here, your grace, is that the Faith and the Earth Region are very nearly one and the same - to collapse one would be to collapse the other."

We walked right into a trap, Pulse thought, cringing as he glanced at Irteza before helplessly sitting down right where Kulta had directed him. I’ll have to hope simple diplomacy will get us out of this… or grovelling.

“…and the Faith helped to rebuild Kamuk as well,” he said slowly, as though he were only just now piecing it together. “So to collapse the Faith would collapse their own support system as well…King ShadowVezon would be very displeased with you, Irteza.”

I am so, so sorry Irteza… this is out of my control.

“It is good to hear that you understand the... gravity of this betrayal, your grace," Kulta said slowly. “I fear that I must be blunt... Kamuk would put him to death for such a grievous betrayal, such an insult, such a threat to dismantle them once more...."

Slowly, the Skull Warrior dug its blade into Irteza's neck - enough for blood to begin beading up.  

"...and I must admit that here in Earth, we take such threats even more seriously, after the rebellion. We would prefer it if his life were forfeit. A harsh rebuttal, to be sure - but Earth can afford no less. But say the word, your grace, and I will spare his life... though Kamuk will surely hunt him down themselves.”

“Spare his life,” Pulse said immediately, grabbing onto the opportunity with both hands. “Death already follows in my wake. As a wanted man in both Earth and Stone, his death will be drawn out and painful, as he is isolated from those closest to him. That is more than punishment enough.”

Seeking to distract the Skull Leader, he continued, “you spoke as if you knew the Hunter?”

The Skull Warrior did not release Irteza, but Pulse did not allow himself to react. The chances of any desperate gambles getting both him and Irteza out of here alive were slim to none.

Kulta’s red eyes gleamed at the mention of Umarak. “The Hunter was my brother, once. And I his sister.”

“He was your brother?” Pulse asked, unable to contain his shock. “Were there others like you and Umarak? What happened?”

We’re in way deeper than I thought. Kulta might be an enemy, but that doesn’t automatically mean that Umarak is an ally… and if we must fight both... Okoto may have already fallen.

“There were six of us, once,” Kulta rasped, sounding anguished. “The Hunter killed all the rest.”

END OF EPISODE FOUR

NOTES:

-Not much of anything completed this round. This and Episode 5 are kinda two halves of the same whole.

-I will notify you all in your Region PMs about Episode 5 beginning. You will need to remind me of any and all moves you are making (the more specific the better), or else they WILL NOT HAPPEN.

-I think that’s about it. The Burnmad/Smoke scene gave me way more trouble than it was worth as far as writing it down. Ugh.

-Darkness is slowly taking control over Okoto… but don’t worry. You just need to have Faith.

EPISODE FIVE BEGINS NOW!

• Upvote 9

I, for one, am grateful for the time it has taken for this episode to finally be posted. 

It has afforded me a profound opportunity to make preparations for what is to come. 

• Upvote 4

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Now I just want to explain that I never said Kelotu was dead.

I just said I wasn't sure if he survived the episode (Because there was so much cheese in that scene you could open your own fondue restaurant)

And that Kelotu might have... fallen (in love).

And as for the duel, did I lie? Plenty of manly action in that scene, totally.

Idk why y'all thought I died this episode. It was all so obvious.

Edited by SwagtronYOLO
  • Upvote 7

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Dang. Look at all of these people developing deep, meaningful connections... 

...while I spent the whole episode arguing with an old man. 

• Upvote 6

Turaga Sisyphus, or "Sir Not Appearing in this Episode."

Don't worry, we can keep each other company in the "Non-appearance void"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

“But should not Earth be ruled by itself?” he asked. “Not by those outsider Skulls, but people with more… virility.”

A wry smirk formed on Kelotu’s face. “That does sound ideal, doesn’t it?”

The Protector of Earth sank down to sit beside Purple, who shivered as their arms brushed.

“I hope this does not seem too forward,” Kelotu continued, speaking slowly as a finger trailed up Purple’s arm, “but I very much hoped to form an alliance between the two of us.”

“An independent Earth would be better for all Okoto,” Purple murmured, sliding a little closer. “Perhaps then Water would be willing to… muddy its seas.”

Kelotu leaned in, whispering the next words in Purple’s ear.

“And how do you propose to deal with Kulta?”

Purple turned Kelotu’s face to his, so that their eyes were only inches away. “If what is dead cannot die, then maybe we should give Earth a new leader.”

“Mmm… very well.”

You're an idiot, Starscream.