BZP'S GAME OF THRONES: SEASON 2

Voltex

Me, a subplot?

That's rich.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I'm not sure what you mean, to be honest.

Faith vs Knights/Mask Makers vs Skulls is the main plot of the game, and I'm neck deep in that conflict. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Faith vs Knights/Mask Makers vs Skulls is the main plot of the game, and I'm neck deep in that conflict.

Okay let me explain.

The current main conflict is the potential war between fire and jungle which will led to a knight/faith conflict.

So far your actions have had no impact on this part of the story but have create their own plot that can have a impact on the main plot in the future.

Does that make since?

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Okay let me explain.

The current main conflict is the potential war between fire and jungle which will led to a knight/faith conflict.

So far your actions have had no impact on this part of the story but have create their own plot that can have a impact on the main plot in the future.

Does that make since?

That isn't even the main conflict for the Fire Region right now, lol

- :burnmad:

There has always been a Knight/Faith conflict, it was just a matter of time before it escalated into a full-blown war, which it very well may be about to do, and Knights vs Faith encompasses far more of the island than Fire vs Jungle, and in all likelihood the Fire vs Jungle conflict will escalate into a Knight vs Faith conflict. (It likely already has if you recall a scene from Episode 05)

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

They're right. The only reason the Jungle Region's uprising is particularly notable is because of who TimeLord called in to help, and ultimately it's merely sparking the conflict.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

For the conflict wth Jungle to be anything more than an insert that initiates the war with Kamuk, they would have to have had any chance of succeeding in their uprising to begin with.

And they never did. Even if they had succeeded in killing me, they would have just died faster, and probably not even been able to get their civilian population to the AC. I guarantee Tahu would have intercepted that pilgrimage and slaughtered them all.

• Upvote 2

You're not seeing the big picture.

If you had died, good! You're dead! Mission accomplished.

But since you hadn't died, you're going to try and destroy the Jungle, so I don't look like the bad guy when I demolish you.

JUST AS PLANNED.

i think burn just wants to stomp on timelord's head a bunch, and not hurt the actual people of the jungle region

since

they're technically his people too, y'know.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Knights vs. Faith is the main plot and conflict of this season, TL. It has been the centerpiece of many of this season's interactions, and has been at the heart of every major scene or reveal so far.

The Fire-Jungle conflict is a subplot at best, and it's one that has so far gone almost nowhere.

• Upvote 5

your propaganda is bad and you should feel bad.

You don't even HAVE propaganda. You have no right to judge.

That's a good thing. Propaganda is only needed for people whose egos are simultaneously too small and big so they need to compensate.

• Upvote 6

Toru is employing anti-anti-propaganda propaganda. 

Meanwhile, as the Mask Maker who is definitely in full control of himself and not at all following the will of two far more powerful entities, the Knights of Ekimu are evil and the Faith just wants to give everyone a big hug with no side effects at all. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Knights vs. Faith is the main plot and conflict of this season, TL. It has been the centerpiece of many of this season's interactions, and has been at the heart of every major scene or reveal so far.

The Fire-Jungle conflict is a subplot at best, and it's one that has so far gone almost nowhere.

I had it backwards Jungel/fire conflict was the subplot while Nato was the main plot.

Okay I can see that.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Have another teaser for Episode 06. It should be ready later tonight (or, if need be, tomorrow morning)

--

shOewAR.jpg

Pulse trembled, raising both of his shaking hands to his head and clutching at it. He felt something trickling out of his eyes and ears, and he did not need to look at it to know that it was blood. His vision flared, and he knew that the only reason he was not convulsing on the ground was because the Other was managing the rest of his motor functions.

Even the most simple, instinctual of actions had been stolen from him.

“Do you understand, your grace?”

He looked up into the sinister red eyes, and opened his mouth. “Yes.”

The pressure on his mind lessened, slowly fading away, but he could still feel the Other there in the back of his mind, waiting for him to even think the wrong thing and give it an excuse to crush him and leave nothing behind.

Horror flooded through him, as he continued to stare up at Kulta.

The Skull Leader was smiling.

Edited by Voltex
  • Upvote 9

EPISODE SIX

“The Calm”

-WATER REGION-

-NATO GREAVESY-

IC: Onaku, Nato, Jed, Voltex, Ekimu, Vatten

There was a long moment of silence before Voltex finally broke it, shaking his head. “It’s possible that a Mask of Life could be exactly what we need – but numerous Mask Makers have attempted to forge one over the ages, with no success. Even Ekimu, assisted by the Mask of Creation, was barely capable of crafting the Mask of Light.”

“We still have to try,” Onaku protested. “If it is indeed what we need, then the fate of Okoto may depend on us giving it a shot.”

Nato shook his head. “If you want to try another attempt, that’s up to you. I’m more interested in knowing where Umarak is – I have been gone from the Ice Region for far too long already, and we have no idea what else might be happening across Okoto.”

"There's no point to making another fruitless attempt," Voltex said, replying to Onaku. "No Mask Maker has the focus or power."

"If he is on schedule, Umarak should return soon," Vatten said, having apparently deigned to begin speaking to Nato again.

“You sound awfully sure of that,” Onaku said, sounding sceptical. “How many times has it been attempted?”

Oh for the love of Rollor, Onaku, what more do you need? Nato thought, scowling before scathingly replying, “well, it took Ekimu months, and dozens of attempts, to forge the Mask of Light. I'd imagine a Mask of Life would be even harder, even with three master Mask Makers working on it.”

Before Onaku or Jed – who, Nato noted, was looking increasingly frustrated – could reply, Ekimu’s eyes lit up, and Nato startled as the Mask Maker grabbed his arm.

"It has indeed been attempted countless times, but... only ever by one Mask Maker at a time," he said, speaking so quickly that Nato could barely understand him in his excitement "But perhaps with three of us...?"

Voltex was nodding, looking thoughtful. "It... might just work. You were always one of the most skilled, and I have almost a millennium of experience. Vatten is more skilled with the Mask of Time than any others in Okoto's history. With it and the Mask of Creation... it might just work."

"We can test this theory soon," Vatten added, standing from where he had been crouched next to a Skull Spider. "Umarak approaches with Lord Terrorsaur and Chloe Saryian at his side."

"Very well,” Nato said, shrugging. “If you three believe you can pull it off, I'm certainly not going to stop you."

"I guess that just leaves the matter of what I should so. If I am not to bring my guards here, then I am unsure what role I have. Perhaps my use here has expired?" Onaku asked, scratching the back of his head. “If so, I should return to the Ancient City and catch up on what has happened while I’ve been away.”

"You might as well," Voltex said, speaking to Onaku and Jed. "Go to the Ancient City, and see if you can solidify the position of the Knights."

"Abandon the city if the masses look to be supporting the Faith," Ekimu ordered. "If Kulta has as much power as you say, they will make their move soon."

“I will return,” Onaku promised, turning away. “Hopefully with good news.”

“I’ll be going as well then,” said Jed.

Nato watched the two of them leave, before leaning back against the nearest wall. Hopefully Umarak would arrive soon.

-EARTH REGION-

-VINHEIM MARAN-

IC: Vinheim, Toru, Pulse, Kulta

Vinheim nudged the cooling corpse of Irteza Shah with his toe, smirking down at it before returning his attention to the others in the Great Hall. Toru was repeatedly clenching and unclenching his fists, while Kulta still sat in their throne, both calm and faintly amused.

The true gem, however, was Pulse. The so-called ‘Ruler’ of Okoto had sunk to his knees seconds before, as his eyes began to shine the same eerie shade of red as Kulta’s, and the Mask of Ultimate Power briefly flashed a golden light. Linking his hands behind his back, Vinheim took a tentative step closer.

“How fascinating,” he murmured, glancing back at Kulta as he straightened.

“Where do you intend to visit next, Vinheim?" Kulta asked, seemingly content to leave Pulse to his own devices.

“I will likely still meet with Toa Gali, so I shall eventually be heading to the Water Region – but I first intend to pick up Toa Tahu, as well as speak with King ShadowVezon,” Vinheim replied, glancing at Pulse out of the corner of his eye and mentally reassuring himself before continuing: “however, there is still the manner of payment for House Maran’s support. Given that the Mask Maker is far more… open to the Faith, I wish to request that a Mask of Power be crafted. A Mask of Probability, I think, is a small price for such a deal.”

"I am afraid that I lack the power to craft Masks of Power," Kulta said slowly, and somehow, Vinheim knew they would be smirking at him if they could. "However, I can make an offer of additional security. I will send several Skull Warriors with you to the Stone Region - I intended to send only two for your King, but could send one or two for you as well."

"I did not presume you had the power to craft such masks," Vinheim replied, allowing his tone to make it clear that he was unimpressed. “While I am honored, I must reject your offer. As I have said, it is far easier to remain neutral if I am barely affiliated with the Faith. Skull Warrior guards would merely… shatter the illusion. Besides, Toa Pohatu is more than enough protection.

“I will not beat around the bush, Commander,” he continued, gesturing toward Pulse with his right hand. “We now have a very powerful ally, who can craft Masks of Power himself, during a time in which most Masks of Power have gone missing. To waste such a rare skill would be unwise.”

Now in for the kill.

“A Mask Maker must keep up appearances, lest suspicions rise,” he said, his eyes narrowing. “What better way to prevent that than have him continue to do what he does best? Arm the Faith and their allies with his masks. I can even ensure that the Ancient City is provided with extra shipments of metal, as the Diplomat of Kamuk.”

Vinheim had to resist the urge to flinch as Kulta chuckled – a chilling, sound, like bones grinding together.

"His grace and I will be traveling to the Ancient City shortly, where I am sure that the Faith will become the... definitive force upon Okoto,” Kulta said, managing to sound both amused and threatening at the same time. “To... reject such an offer of companionship from us might prove to be unwise in the long run."

Hiding his sigh of relief, Vinheim flicked a hand dismissively over his shoulder as he turned to leave, stepping over the body of Irteza.

"You may send your skull warriors along with me,” he said. "However, I eagerly await the annexation of the Earth Region. Such a move is much more beneficial for the Faith and Earth Region than Kamuk... given certain agreements I formed with the Region of Ice. I wish you and the Faith the best of luck, Commander Kulta.”

Toru suddenly shrieked with rage, apparently angered by Vinheim’s words. The Earth Ruler grabbed a chair and threw it at Vinheim, screeching: “Get out, you imbecile!”

A Skull Warrior stepped in between them, pulverizing the chair in a single blow before it and three others turned to flank Vinheim, who narrowed his eyes. “Watch it.”

“Calm yourself, Toru,” Kulta warned, eyes flashing, “lest you suffer the same fate as Tehutti.”

Before the Skull Leader’s attention could return to him, Vinheim exited the Great Hall, with the four Skull Warriors trailing behind.

-ICE REGION-

-LUROKA QENDROJ-

IC: Luroka, FF, Onua

In the territories of House Glacies, the three of them had been directed to a hospital. After spending far too long waiting (an experience that Luroka sourly noted was always the same), they learned why as Lord FF Crustallus, his right arm in a sling, stepped into the waiting area and immediately made his way towards them.

“Greetings, my lord,” Luroka said, inclining his head. “How go things?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” FF said airily, shifting his arm in the sling. “I’ve been recovering for the last while from a fight, and I’ll go crazy if I have to stay here much longer. I have missed out on one too many things, and it has been difficult to keep up with recent events.”

Luroka nodded his understanding as FF continued.

“Now tell me – has a war broken out yet, or have all of you come to talk about other matters?”

Before Luroka could reply, FF gestured for them to follow him. The Ruler of the Ice Region led them into a private room, where a Protector handed each of them drinks. The Protector glared at Portal, but exited the room without complaint after they finished serving the drinks. FF took a sip of his wine before motioning for Luroka to speak.

“From my own observations and from what I have heard, it appears things have gone south in several regions,” he said, sipping his own wine. Beside him, Portal did the same. “As such, I’ve decided to call in a favor from House Greavesy, and take refuge here until everything blows over.”

“Gone south? How so specifically?” FF asked, looking troubled. “I suppose you're welcome to stay. So long as you keep out of trouble, that is.”

“I understand that relations between Fire and Jungle have all but collapsed,” Luroka told him, deciding that brutal honesty would serve his purposes best.

Beside him, Portal coughed.

“As such, I’d rather not stick around down south,” he continued, shrugging. “In any case, I honestly have no intention of causing any problems here.”

“Well, Fire and Jungle never really had the best relationship to begin with, I suppose,” FF replied, glancing at Portal suspiciously as the other Earth Protector coughed again before turning his attention back to Luroka. “What about Earth, however? Why would trouble between Fire and Jungle cause you to journey here for refuge, rather than simply returning home?”

“I’m generally trying to avoid the region before something… unpleasant occurs, if it’s all the same to you,” Luroka said, turning to glare at Portal as his companion began coughing again. “Portal, what’s going on?”

A chill ran down his spine at the sight of Portal’s wide open eyes, bugging out as the Earth Protector continued to cough, now grabbing at his throat.

“He’s choking,” FF said suddenly, standing in his chair only to violently flinch and fall back cursing as he moved his right arm.

Onua was next to Portal in the blink of an eye, looking worried. “We have had no food. He is not merely choking – this is poison. Don’t touch the wine.”

“The rest of us have already drank it,” FF snapped, slamming his left fist on the table as he stood again, this time whipping the door open with his left hand and snarling at the Protector standing outside: “find the Protector who served us and arrest them, now!”

“Yes, my lord!”

Luroka stood, stepping over to Portal, who was now convulsing in his seat. He glanced up at Onua, but the Toa of Earth was already shaking his head.

“There is no saving him,” Onua said quietly. “The Knights were exceedingly clever.”

Luroka resisted the urge to shudder, and pushed down his anger. “What do you mean, the Knights?”

“Portal is next in line after Lord Toru,” Onua said. “Should Lord Toru perish, Portal would take his place as the leader of the Faith directly underneath Kulta. The Knights of Ekimu know this. It is the only explanation that makes sense.”

Luroka glanced down at Portal, who was beginning to still, his eyes dimming.

“Karz.”

-EARTH REGION-

-HIS GRACE, PULSE VATTEN-

IC: Pulse, Kulta

With the ever-present Other in and around his mind, Pulse felt both small and powerless. However, with his mind and sanity still intact, he felt compelled to strike up a conversation as he, Kulta, and ten Skull Warriors journeyed to the Ancient City in the hopes that the Skull Leader might let useful information slip.

“When we reach the Ancient City... I shall… summon everyone, so they can bear witness to the Faith’s growing power,” he said, guessing at what Kulta might want to hear. “Is this… acceptable? The Rulers, the Guardians, the Diplomats, the Toa, the Knights, and everyone else… they shall all understand the futility of their efforts, then. I can request to have Burnmad brought before me too, should he be captured. He has a… talent, for war. It is wasted with him fighting for the wrong side, and where Burnmad goes, Tahu cannot be far behind.”

“There is no need to summon everyone,” Kulta said, turning the red eyes upon him, and Pulse winced as he felt the Other constricting around him once more, his own vision tinting red.

“You will announce that the Faith of the Skulls is now the official Faith of Okoto,” Kulta said, their voice echoing and reverberating over and over within Pulse’s mind until he could think of nothing else. “You will outlaw the Knights, and sentence any who follow them to death for treason – no matter their excuses. You will call for Lord Burnmad to cease hostilities or die, along with any who side with him. You will summon Jed Corruich, Onaku Greavesy, and Nato Greavesy to the Ancient City for questioning about the location of the Knights.”

Pulse trembled, raising both of his shaking hands to his head and clutching at it. He felt something trickling out of his eyes and ears, and he did not need to look at it to know that it was blood. His vision flared, and he knew that the only reason he was not convulsing on the ground was because the Other was managing the rest of his motor functions.

Even the most simple, instinctual of actions had been stolen from him.

“Do you understand, your grace?”

He looked up into the sinister red eyes, and opened his mouth. “Yes.”

The pressure on his mind lessened, slowly fading away, but he could still feel the Other there in the back of his mind, waiting for him to even think the wrong thing and give it an excuse to crush him and leave nothing behind.

Horror flooded through him, as he continued to stare up at Kulta.

The Skull Leader was smiling.

-ICE REGION-

-EHKSIDIAN GLACIES-

IC: Ehks, Sisyphus, Kopaka

After a long moment of silence, Ehksidian finally spoke again, having come to a decision.

“You might be right, Kopaka,” she said, frowning. “Though I feel as though Nato will...not be pleased with this. Theft and breaking and entering? That is concerning, regardless of why.”

She turned to Sisyphus, eyes narrowing.

“In fact, why did you decide to investigate the Temple of Luck?”

“Because the Knights are a secretive mysterious organization right in our backyard?” Sisyphus replied, managing to make her feel exceptionally foolish.

Fighting against the feeling, she asked, “and how did you find out that the temple was a headquarters for the Knights? I don't recall General Nato mentioning that to anyone...though my memory may be failing.”

Sisyphus smirked. “I was contacted with info that pointed out the link between Nato and the Knights. I decided to find out how accurate it was.”

Kopaka’s eyes narrowed, and Ehksidian frowned. “And who was this, exactly?”

“I do in fact have a moral compass,” Sisyphus replied, looking bothered for the first time. “One that does not condone the revealing of sources that I believe to be truthful and neutral.”

“I do believe that Nato will be far less than pleased with the fact you broke into the Temple of Luck and stole from him,” she said. “He might let you off more easily if you simply say who you got your information from.”

Sisyphus laughed, shaking his head. “I’m not worried about Nato exacting vengeance.”

“Oh?” Ehksidian asked, her curiosity piqued. “You don't fear whatever he'll do to you?”

“I do not,” Sisyphus replied, shrugging carelessly.

“Well, I hope you have fun with… whatever he does,” she said, shrugging and turning to the Toa of Ice. “Kopaka, would you mind freezing him completely? Nato can unfreeze him once he arrives, if he wishes to speak with him. But I don’t think we should allow him to communicate with the guards.”

"Freeze him completely?” the Toa asked, both looking and sounding surprised. “That is likely to become an execution if he is left that way for too long. But if that is your command, I shall obey."

“It'd be best to keep him alive,” she said, embarrassment flooding through her. “Perhaps freezing his mouth shut would be a better option, then?”

"Only his mouth? We are to leave him otherwise walking free?"

“...immobilize him as well,” she murmured, sighing. “My apologies for not specifying. No speaking or moving… and I know General Nato would be very upset if Sisyphus were to die before he had his fun.”

"I will watch him personally, and escort him to the Citadel,” the Toa promised, his glare at Sisyphus intensifying. “Send a message to General Nato that we have a prisoner for him to deal with."

“I will do so,” she said. “Thank you.”

She tried to ignore her unease at Sisyphus’s expression as Kopaka led him away.

That can’t be good.

-FIRE REGION-

-PURPLE RAYNE-

IC: Purple, Kelotu, RG

Purple waved to Kelotu, spotting the Earth Protector looking lost in the middle of a crowd. They had recently arrived in Vakama City, and Purple had sent Kelotu to gather intel, knowing that the Earth Protector knew the area best. Kelotu fought his way toward him, a grim expression on his face.

“So?” Purple prompted, as Kelotu drew near.

“Conflict is brewing at both walls,” Kelotu replied. “The Western Wall is under attack from Skull Warriors and Stone Protectors led by General Quin Galum, while Fire is prepping to mount a defense against them, as well as preparing for an attack on the Eastern Wall.”

Well then.

“So this seems awful,” Purple said. “Shall we go to where there are people not fighting?”

Kelotu shrugged. “Fine by me.”

-

They traveled in silence for awhile, until Vakama City was a mere blip in the distance. It was Kelotu who finally broke the silence.

“We could always go back and talk to Burnmad while we're here. I wouldn't mind getting a word with him,” he suggested. “But if you want to leave the warzone, I… wouldn’t blame you.”

“Sure. I mean, he's not trying to kill us, is he?” Purpled asked. “We can approach as interested and neutral parties.”

“I don’t think so,” Kelotu said. “The Jungle is another option. I’m sure TL wouldn’t begrudge us staying, and I don’t think their portion of the region is a warzone yet. They’re very friendly towards the Faith, however.”

Purple was about to respond before he was distracted by movement in the corner of his eye. He turned towards it and froze, his eyes going wide.

“Kelotu.”

The Earth Protector turned, and inhaled sharply. “That’s….”

“Dragonstar.”

They both raced over, to wear the Fire General was feebly stirring on the ground. As they drew near, the corpses of three other Protectors became visible among the rocks – all of them dead, and missing their heads. Purple crouched down next to Dragonstar, whose hands were covering a gaping wound in his stomach and slick with blood.

“What happened?” he asked.

Dragonstar’s eyes met his; they were dull, and unfocused. “Dead… shoulda been dead….”

Purple frowned. “What are you talking about? What do you mean?”

It was too late; the Fire Protector stilled, and the light faded from his eyes as Dragonstar released his final breath. Purple glanced up at Kelotu, who was fingering the handle of the sword attached to his waist nervously.

“We’ll need to inform Lord Burnmad about this,” Purple said. “These bodies… they’re all Fire Protectors. He said something about being dead, too. Maybe Burnmad will understand?”

Kelotu’s eyes went wide, and he drew his sword.

Purple glared at him. “Kelotu-”

He was interrupted by two hands closing around his throat, and in his shock he tumbled onto his back. The corpse of Dragonstar fell on top of him, and Purple cursed as the Fire Protector tried to bite him. He shoved at the Protector’s head with one hand, trying to wrestle him off with the other. “Kelotu!”

The tip of a sword burst through Dragonstar’s chest, but the Fire Protector didn’t seem to notice it, continuing his attempt to assault Purple. His heart and mind racing, Purple managed to shove Dragonstar off himself with Kelotu’s help; he wasted no time in rolling away and staggering to his feet, drawing his own sword.

“What the bloody karz is going on?!”

“You heard what he said,” Kelotu said, his voice barely a whisper as they watched Dragonstar stand, swaying in place. “He was trying to warn us – that these other Protectors should have been dead.”

The temperature seemed to drop below freezing as Purple glanced around at the three headless corpses.

“Remove his head,” he said. “He did it to the others – that must work, somehow.”

Dragonstar lurched towards them suddenly, with blinding speed – but Kelotu was faster, and a second later Dragonstar’s head was rolling away as the rest of him slumped lifelessly to the dirt. Purple met Kelotu’s eyes, seeing the terror and confusion he was feeling reflecting back at him.

“We need to warn someone,” he said.

“Or we run,” Kelotu said. “And we don’t stop.”

-STONE REGION-

-HIS GRACE, SHADOWVEZON RAQMU-

IC: ShadowVezon, Vinheim, Pohatu

ShadowVezon had just had his privacy ruined by Toa Pohatu storming in, dragging none other than Iaredios Paerkenon behind him, when his least favorite Protector knocked on the open door, a smug grin on his face and four Skull Warriors looming behind him.

“I heard that you wished to speak with me, your grace,” Vinheim said, somehow managing to make the words sound like an insult.

Gesturing for Pohatu to wait as two of the Skull Warriors crossed the room to stand behind him, ShadowVezon nodded, keeping his tone polite. “Indeed, Vinheim. I want to know how things are progressing outside my borders. I take it from the Skull Warriors that you've been to the Earth Region?”

The Diplomat rolled his eyes as he strolled over to the only free chair in the room, and sank down into it, his legs hanging over one of the armrests. “This is what you waste my valuable time with? Yes, I have been to the Earth Region. And aside from Lord Toru” - here, Vinheim huffed dismissively – “I am the only Protector to have witnessed the dawn of a new age.”

Vinheim glanced over, rolling his eyes again at the unimpressed look on ShadowVezon’s face.

“You want more? Surely you must be aware of the strife occurring within the Jungle and Fire Regions? Surely you know your General has officially made the roles of both Kamuk and the Faith in the upcoming war evident?" He paused, shrugging. “Other than that I'm afraid I don’t know much else. The Ice Region remains neutral so far – so long as we avoid attacking them, they shall likely remain that way. The Water Region is still oddly absent, however.”

"I would imagine that the Water Region are either preparing to help the Fire Region, or just don't know what's about to happen. With any luck they'll remain out of the conflict, though it's likely that we'll have to fight them eventually,” ShadowVezon said, shaking his head. "What I'm really interested in is the Earth Region. I can probably guess what this 'new age' entails, but enlighten me."

“And ruin the surprise for you?” Vinheim asked, smirking. “No, I think not. A change of topic, then – I shall need Pohatu’s assistance. I intend to visit Makuta City, and will be assembling a small team for the task.”

"You have my permission, Vinheim. Take who you need."

Not that I could stop him… not yet, at any rate.

Vinheim nodded and hopped out of the chair, offering a flourished bow. He stepped toward the door before pausing and turning back. “May I ask what the purpose of our Turaga being here is?”

It was now ShadowVezon’s turn to smirk, as he slowly opened the top drawer of his desk and withdrew a large knife.

“Our dear Turaga, I discovered, as been sniffing around, searching for secrets,” he said. “His intent was to betray us. Unfortunately for him… I caught on. And I do not appreciate being made a fool.”

He stepped forward, and before Iaredios could even flinch, jammed the knife up into the Protector’s chin. A split second later he yanked it out and sliced the Protector’s throat open; as blood began to gush from the wound, he nodded to Pohatu, who released Iaredios. The Turaga collapsed to the floor, gurgling as he choked on his own blood.

“Take your Toa, and gather your team,” ShadowVezon ordered, glancing over his shoulder at Vinheim as he wiped the blade of the knife clean. “I am curious to know what you might find.”

-FIRE REGION-

-SIL AODH-

IC: Sil, Unit, Burnmad, Tahu

Within the heart of Vakama City, Sil stood next to Unit outside of a normal, ordinary door.

“Ready when you are,” Unit said softly.

Swallowing his trepidation, Sil pushed the door open. He was instantly greeted by the towering, aggressive form of Tahu before the Toa of Fire recognized him and inclined his head respectively, stepping back to let him through. Nodding back at the Toa, Sil entered the room with Unit following behind.

It was almost completely bare, aside from the bed at the far side of the room, where Lord Burnmad lay.

“You are awake, then,” Sil said, before the silence could become awkward.

“I am.” Burnmad’s voice was hoarse. “I’ll be up in the next few days. Nothing life threatening.”

“Not anymore,” Unit muttered.

“Lord Burnmad is to remain in Vakama City, and avoid becoming too physically active,” Tahu growled, and Sil wondered if it was disgust that he heard in the Toa’s tone. “He will be unable to man the defenses of either wall, and even the execution of that traitorous Jungle scum must be performed by someone else.”

Sil sighed. “What about your arm?”

“I am hopeful that I will regain use of it in time,” Burnmad said.

“He should count himself blessed by all the gods if his shoulder heals properly enough to move ever,” Tahu spat, and Sil knew that the rift between Ruler and Toa had possibly grown too much to be contained.

Tahu despised weakness, after all.

And looking at Burnmad, strapped into a bed after having nearly bled to death, Sil could not help but think that the Ruler of the Fire Region currently exemplified weakness.

“Scouts are claiming that General Quin Galum leads 1500 Stone Protectors and 500 Skull Warriors on the Western Wall,” he said. “We must mount a defense.”

“What of the East?” Burnmad rasped.

“Clear for now,” Unit said, eyeing Tahu warily. “No sign of an attack coming.”

“Not yet,” Tahu growled.

Burnmad closed his eyes, taking a deep breath before he said, “Unit, you will take 2500 of our soldiers to the Eastern Wall. Watch for the Jungle forces. Burn them to the ground if they try to attack.”

“Yes, my lord.”

“Sil.”

Sil met Burnmad’s gaze. “Yes?”

“You and Tahu… will go to the Western Wall. Destroy those Skull Warriors, and kill Quin Galum. Show Kamuk and the Faith that they are nothing.”

“As you command, my lord,” he murmured, bowing low. “By the end of the week, they shall be nothing but ash.”

-

Much later, as they approached the Western Wall, Sil found himself being drawn into a conversation with Tahu that bordered on treasonous.

“Burnmad is weak,” the Toa said, spitting on the ground. “He has given the Jungle scum mercy, and as I warned him they would, they have turned around to bite the hand that feeds them. These Skull Warriors and Stone Protectors… they are only the beginning. Burnmad conquered the Jungle, and the rest of Okoto hates him for it. He has shown weakness now, and they will strike at us from all sides.”

“Make your point, Tahu,” Sil ordered, glaring at the Toa, “or else cease your blathering.”

“The Fire Region has always been the strongest on Okoto,” Tahu said, a fierce look in his eyes. “Always, we have defeated our enemies. We once promised to exterminate Earth when they betrayed us, long ago – and during Voxumo’s Rebellion, we kept that promise. During the War for the Throne, however, Burnmad promised to burn the Jungle….”

“…but he conquered it and allowed them to survive, instead,” Sil finished.

“Not just survive,” Tahu said, scowling. “He has allowed them to rebuild. He has given them back their rights, knowing that they hate him. He has allowed House Hinterland to reclaim the Jungle leadership, despite the grudge they must still hold against those who defeated them in the War for the Throne. He was careless, and was nearly slain by two common thugs. It was pure chance that you saved his life, but even in surviving, he now lacks the strength he once had.”

“You do not see him fit to rule.”

Tahu nodded. “You understand, then.”

“You wish for me to take his place.”

“You are of House Aodh. Your house, despite Burnmad’s actions, remains strong,” Tahu told him. “Its legacy is not so easily tarnished, and you have done nothing yet to indicate weakness. If you were to rule the Fire Region, they would follow you without hesitation.”

“And Burnmad?”

“As I said, he is weak,” Tahu said, his eyes glinting dangerously. “The Fire Region obeys his orders now only because it is common sense that they must defend their borders. If you were to dispose of him – whether politically or through more… permanent means… they will follow you without question, and indeed, they would probably thank you for it. Let him burn.”

-WATER REGION-

-CHLOE SARYIAN-

IC: Chloe, Terrorsaur, Nato, Umarak, Voltex, Ekimu, Vatten

As they entered the tomb, Chloe felt her eyes going wide. As Umarak stepped inside and dumped the Masks of Power onto a golden slab in the center of the room, she knelt as quickly as she could, knowing that the figure in golden armor had to be the legendary Mask Maker Ekimu. Next to her, she saw Terrorsaur doing the same out of the corner of her eye.

“Hey, Terrorsaur.”

Chloe glanced up, recognizing the voice of General Nato Greavesy. The Protector of Ice seemed unaffected by the presence of either Ekimu or Umarak – though if the rumors about him travelling back in time and meeting Ekimu there were true, it would explain his familiarity.

“I see you’ve been just as busy as I have,” Nato continued, running his fingers over the Mask of Speed.

Terrorsaur stood, grinning. "Good to see you, old friend. I feared things would be much worse when we returned.”

Nato chuckled, before glancing down at her. “You must be Chloe Saryian. It’s nice to see that there’s still at least one sane Protector of Jungle left on Okoto.”

Chloe stood, smiling at the Ice Region General. “Yes, sr. I’ve… heard some of what TL and Smoke Monster are planning. I decided that I could not condone it at all.” She sighed, shaking her head and frowning. “I’m worried about what might have happened in my absence, but… it can’t be too bad, I hope.”

It was clear that her words had done little to convince anyone else in the room, and if she was honest with herself, Chloe wasn’t entirely convinced either.

“I spoke with Timelord a few days past, and practically begged him not to make his father's mistakes,” Nato said, shrugging. “I have no idea if he'll heed my words or not. I'd suggest you avoid the Jungle for the time being. If it does come to war, I have a feeling that Burnmad and Tahu aren't going to leave anything standing."

Chloe nodded along, scratching at her head as she tried to remember what she had wanted to ask Nato about. “That’s probably wise. It’s… regrettable, but if they’re repeating the mistakes of the past, being present won’t end well for anyone.”

Right, the letter.

“Did you happen to get the letter I sent you, by any chance?”

"I did, yes. I apologise for not dispatching a reply,” Nato said, turning his gaze back to the Masks of Power. “Recent events have kept me busy, which is something I'm sure you can appreciate. I assume you joined Terrorsaur's expedition to the Labyrinth?"

"That is correct." Chloe nodded and glanced around, noting the other figures in the room before turning her attention back to Nato. "’If you could perhaps introduce your companions?”

A thin, false smile appeared on Nato’s face. “Of course. The figure in blue armor is the Mask Maker Vatten, and the one with white and black armor is Voltex.”

She turned to Voltex, glancing up at Umarak briefly; the Titan nodded, and she asked the Mask Maker, “was that… your home in the Labyrinth?”

“It was,” the Mask Maker said. “I lived with Protectors of Water, Stone, and Fire there long ago – but after the Long Night, they returned to Okoto to aid with its repopulation.”

She glanced back at Nato. “I have heard that you are involved with the Knights? Because... I would like to join them.”

“Well, perhaps you should talk to the man himself," Nato said, gesturing to the figure in gold armor. "You'd be the first person in hundreds of years to be appointed a Knight of Ekimu by Ekimu himself.”

“That-I-er, that is… that’s a good point,” Chloe stammered, feeling her face flush for a moment. She had not considered that the leadership of the Knights would have reverted to Ekimu so quickly, though perhaps Nato was simply deferring to the Mask Maker out of respect.

“Perhaps I’ll sign up as well, Terrorsaur murmured.

She slowly walked over to Ekimu, and both she and Terrorsaur knelt once more.

“Would you accept us into the Knights?”

“You are both welcome in the Knights, though I’m afraid if you are expecting a ceremony, you are sorely mistaken,” Ekimu said kindly, smiling down at them. “As of now, your watch begins.”

Huh. That’s… anti-climatic.

As they both stood, Terrorsaur turned back to Nato.

“"Have you heard anything from my region?” the Water Ruled asked. “I fear Purple may not have been the absolute best choice as a temporary leader. And… did my sailors ever arrive?"

"I've been away from Ice Region for quite some time, so I'm afraid I have no idea," Nato replied. "But the situation on Okoto has escalated a lot over the past few days, and I fear things are going to get worse before they get better." 

"I figured as much," Terrorsaur muttered. "Is there anything I can do to help? I've sat idle for too long. Karz, ever since the War for the Throne, it feels like I have done nothing.”

"Hold your borders, keep your people safe, try not to die,” Nato said, ticking each one off with his fingers. “Apart from that, I'm not sure there's too much that any of us can do."

“Right,” Terrorsaur murmured. “I suppose I could take in Chloe too….”

“That would probably be for the best,” Nato said. “I'd offer, but I doubt the climate of the Ice Region would be to her liking."

Chloe opened her mouth, about to interject that she had never implied that she had to leave the Jungle Region entirely, but was beaten to the punch as Terrorsaur moved onto another topic of discussion entirely.

“Umarak is quite the… interesting fellow,” the Water Ruler said, glancing up at the Titan, who returned his gaze with an unimpressed look. “Uh, well, you are, in my defense.”

“As are the Mask Makers he works with,” Nato said, scowling at Vatten.

"I must admit, it feels exciting to not only make history, but to make history with, well, other pieces of ancient history,” Terrorsaur said, shrinking under Umarak’s gaze.

“Perhaps you should quit while you are ahead, Okotoan,” Umarak said, huffing with amusement.

“Okoto won’t have any more history – or a future – if we can’t stop Kulta,” Nato said, turning back to the Mask Makers expectantly. “So what’s the plan?”

“We’ll need to move quickly,” Voltex said, stepping forward and grabbing two identical Masks of Power that Chloe did not recognize. He handed one to Nato, while placing the other one on his own face, replacing his pure white Protector Mask. "These are both Masks of Telepathy - with me on one end, you and I should be able to communicate while you are in the Ice Region. It'll help with coordination."

Then Voltex turned his attention on her, and Chloe immediately knew that whatever he wanted from her, it wasn’t going to be good.

"I am afraid that I must ask you to venture into Jungle, and use this to summon the Temple of Time once more,” the Mask Maker said, confirming her fears. “Umarak can join you; he can explain why we need it, as well as use his powers to hopefully prevent the need to unite Protectors of six different elements."

"Alright," she said, nodding to Voltex and accepting the mask as he handed it to her. "What happens if there are... issues? Since we don't know how things are there?"

"No Okotoan can harm me," Umarak assured her. "That is why I will be joining you."                  

Meanwhile, Vatten had turned to Terrorsaur, speaking for the first time since Chloe had entered the tomb: “Where is Toa Gali?”

Terrorsaur cleared his throat, looking distinctly uncomfortable. "I, uh, have not seen her since before I left. I would hope she's still in the Water Region…."

Vatten sighed, shaking his head. "If you have deserted your Toa, then you have left her vulnerable to attack from the Faith. You must search for her immediately."

"I didn't desert her. It's not as though the region was empty," Terrorsaur snapped, before his anger faded into an apologetic look. “But… I will look for her. Perhaps the Mask of Speed would help?”

"It might, though you might wish to ask the Traveller," Vatten said, glancing at Nato, "else he turn his ire on you."

At a look from Ekimu, Vatten rolled his eyes before adding, "perhaps well-deserved ire, but I digress. Ask him."

Terrosaur nodded, glancing at Nato. “May I?”

"It's all yours. If, in return, you could provide a ship to take me back to Rollor's Reach?" Nato offered, donning his Mask of Telepathy.

"Thank you, and of course. Take the one that brought me here. Take the men with you if you'd like,” Terrorsaur replied, grabbing the Mask of Speed and fixing it to his face.

"Fair warning, Lord Terrorsaur,” Vatten said, his tone grave, “you are not trained in using that mask, and its speed will take time to adjust to. Be careful."

"I will do my best. Safe travels to all of you,” Terrorsaur said, nodding to each of them before turning to exit. “Especially you, Commander Ekimu.”

"I wish you luck in searching for Gali, and I hope that things go well." Chloe said , frowning as she nodded to everyone.

"Thank you, Chloe." Terrorsaur reached over and hugged her, the awkward action only becoming even more awkward when Terrorsaur let go and immediately tripped over his own feet as he exited the tomb.

“Sometimes I question how he of all people managed to poison an entire region,” Nato muttered, shaking his head before turning to her. “Good luck.”

“Good luck to you as well.”

The Ice General turned to the Mask Makers, frowning slightly before nodding to each of them. “Farewell to you all. I hope that your forging attempt is successful.”

Voltex and Ekimu shared a glance before the latter replied, “as do we. Keep your thoughts open for Voltex, and update him if circumstances become dire.”

Once Nato was gone, the three Mask Makers burst into action, while Umarak turned his attention on her.

“Shall we?” she asked.

“Lead the way, Okotoan,” the Titan rumbled. “Let us retrieve those who have been lost in time.”

END OF EPISODE 06.

NOTES:

-Starting with Episode 07, if a player is inactive without warning for two rounds in a row, they will suffer an inactivity death. No reminders will be given from this point forth.

-Characters who died this episode died because they have been inactive; they have also been used to advance certain conflicts. There is one in particular that you should pay special attention to…

-A warning that Episode 07 might be shorter than usual. There are a fair number of MAJOR events about to take place, and I’ll be cutting the episode off as soon as they do.

-Daily notice to remind me if you were in the middle of any moves!

EPISODE 07 BEGINS NOW!

Edited by Voltex
  • Upvote 12

ANNOUNCEMENT

By the will of His Grace, Mask Maker Pulse Vatten

It is time Okoto saw the truth. Our neighbour, Kamuk, has already seen this truth. For a while, we were stubborn, blind to this truth, unwilling to change our beliefs. A region coming from the dead? We should have treated it as a miraculous return. Yet we didn't - instead, many of us eyed it with unwarranted suspicion, instead of celebrating, as if we wanted the Earth Region to remain forever empty. I, Pulse Vatten, rose up against Voxumo the Usurper, and at the time, I thought what I was doing was right. I was wrong. In my path, the Stone Region, now known of Kamuk, was poisoned, set back many years. The Jungle Region, razed, the consequences of which we see even today. Yet even I was not beyond redemption.

Commander Kulta, leader of the Faith of the Skulls, invited me to the Earth Region. And there, I saw the truth. I was accompanied by Irteza Shah Galum, who Kamuk and now Okoto will know as a traitor - Irteza was a Knight of Ekimu, made a Guardian to watch over me, make sure Okoto did nothing that impacted the Knights, ready to assassinate me if I ever spoke ill of the Knights. Irteza also planned to take over the Earth Region, a fact they did not hide well enough, for Kamuk learned this, and so did Commander Kulta. Irteza planned to lead the Earth Region against Okoto and Kamuk both, to create a dystopian land ruled by the Knights of Ekimu. Irteza, thankfully, was executed by the Island's Saviour: Commander Kulta. This here, is just one of many reasons why the Knights are bad for Okoto, and how the Faith is looking out for us all.

The Knights have been responsible for many tragedies on this island. The Faith has led to miraculous recoveries. It is clear which one is doing damage to the entire island: the Knights.

With that, The Knights of Ekimu are to be outlawed, and any who follow them are guilty of treason, for which they will be sentenced to death. In addition, the Faith of the Skulls is to be made the official faith of Okoto.

Nato Greavesy is to be arrested on sight and brought to the Ancient City for questioning by the Faith on the location of the Knights of Ekimu

Lord Burnmad Aodh is to cease hostilities against the Jungle Region or suffer death.

Lord Timelord Hinterland is to be given Okoto's support against the Fire Region and The Jungle Region is to be re-established, and as a consequence of razing the Jungle, House Kindle and House Coal are to fall under the jurisdiction of the Jungle Region. 

Commander Kulta and the Faith of the Skulls are to be allowed to enforce law on every part of Okoto, beyond just the Earth Region.

--

This announcement can be considered IC knowledge for every player.

Good luck - you're going to need it.

Now that the Faith has control over Okoto, the countdown to the Long Night has begun.

• Upvote 7

It's OK, no one's really payed much mind to Plusle's decrees for a while. (Sorry man)

I think you'll want to pay attention to this one, since it just handed Kulta control over the island.

And if you think your NPCs are all going to blindly follow you against the Faith... think again.

It's OK, no one's really payed much mind to Plusle's decrees for a while. (Sorry man)

I think you'll want to pay attention to this one, since it just handed Kulta control over the island.

And if you think your NPCs are all going to blindly follow you against the Faith... think again.

Haven't I already?