BZP'S GAME OF THRONES: SEASON 2

Voltex

The current system is the Faith system, as per Mask Maker Pulse's wishes. You wouldn't want to commit treason against the Mask Maker, now would you? Especially since you helped put him on the throne.

*Evil Mask of Ultimate Power's wishes

Pulse is probably internally screaming throughout all of this.

Mask Maker S1: I HEAR JERUSALEM BELLS ARE RINGING

Mask Maker S2: CRAWLLLING IIIIN MY SKIIIIN

• Upvote 7

The old system was not constitutional. There was no established set of principles governing the state. The only rule was that you had to be able to make a mask. Impressive, but hardly an acceptable means of choosing a leader. 

Once again, incorrect. A constitutional/limited monarchy is defined as:

A form of national government in which the power of the monarch (the king or queen) is restrained by a parliament, by law, or by custom.

The system of governance in BZPGOT is a perfect example of this. The ability to forge masks is a custom that dictates who is/n't allowed to rule, while the power of the Mask Maker himself is limited by the existence of the council, and the rulers of the other regions. While the Mask Maker's word is still technically law, they're limited in that they must keep the approval of the rulers and the council, or risk being usurped.  

Now, we will have the proper ruler on the throne, who has over one thousand years of experience.

Ha. Funny. 

The only thing Kulta is experienced in is losing, and being trapped for a really long time.

I mean, seriously. She killed off almost the entire population of Okoto, resurrected them as zombies, and after over a decade of fighting she still failed to kill the tiny rag-tag bands of survivors. Instead, she got banished for hundreds of years and history literally forgot that she even existed.

Not even the Jungle Region sucks that badly at military strategy. 

Edited by Nato The Traveler
  • Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

That does not change the undeniable fact that the old form of government was stupid, inefficient, stupidly inefficient, and inefficiently stupid.

Nearly everything that went wrong in the past three hundred years has been the fault of this government, it's tools, and the secretive corrupt cult of "Knights" who probably haven't wielded a sword apart in their frivolous hedonistic ceremonies that keep it afloat.

Also, I think it should be clear by now that Kulta has finally managed to succeed, having secured the Ancient City and all, and that the Jungle Region has been screwing itself over on purpose, because they know that I will bail them out at the last second.

Which I'm doing right now, as a matter of fact.

Episode 07 will be up later tonight.

Might have to split it, we'll see. In the meantime, have another teaser.

-

Chloe hesitated, glancing around the clearing to Kelotu, to Purple, to Lewa, and finally to Umarak, who nodded.

She closed her eyes, and concentrated.

And then she felt the pull.

Her eyes flew open as the ground shook beneath her, Umarak falling to his knees, gold and blue energy swirling around the clearing. Purple and Kelotu were clutching at each other, their mouths open in silent screams. Lewa staggered towards her, his own elemental powers going haywire as he came to a stop beside Umarak, clutching at the Titan to keep his balance.

She felt her own energy streaming out of her, could almost feel time itself being stolen from them all, their lives being cut apart at the seams to feed the Mask of Time, and then-

-it was gone.

• Upvote 7

Nearly everything that went wrong in the past three hundred years has been the fault of this government, it's tools, and the secretive corrupt cult of "Knights" who probably haven't wielded a sword apart in their frivolous hedonistic ceremonies that keep it afloat.

Funny how you conveniently disregard all of the horrible things that the Faith have done over the centuries. 

And you also seem to forget that the Knights were formed during the Long Night, and are currently based in the Ice Region. They sure as heck know how to wield swords. And plenty of other weapons, too. 

...and that the Jungle Region has been screwing itself over on purpose, because they know that I will bail them out at the last second.

Well, that's just a flat-out lie. 

The thing about propaganda and lies, Toru, is that they don't work against people who actually know the truth. 

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

...and that the Jungle Region has been screwing itself over on purpose, because they know that I will bail them out at the last second.

Well, that's just a flat-out lie. 

The thing about propaganda and lies, Toru, is that they don't work against people who actually know the truth. 

Here's the thing Nato... None of the Knight's alive, minus the mask makers and yourself, Know the truth. Much like the believers of the Faith they believe what they've been told. They don't know what they are being told is or isn't the truth, but they believe it is the truth.

There is a difference between knowing and believing, as belief leaves room for lies and deceit to sway the mind, whereas knowledge based in facts or first hand accounts are far harder to sway.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'm referring to the fact that I've seen PMs from Jungle players who are actively trying to ally their region with the rest of us who are against the Faith. 

Therefore I, the player, know that the nonsense that Toru, the player, is spouting in the topic are outright lies. 

• Upvote 5

*Shrugs* Jungle's weird... does anyone really ever know what they are doing in that backwards little region?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

*Shrugs* Jungle's weird... does anyone really ever know what they are doing in that backwards little region?

Wondering what to do with two new houses and allying with the knights* independence, probably?

*I'm not one of the ones Nato's referring to asking about alliances, actually. =p

Edit: I find it funny how I've been a member of the jungle region for not that long even and act like I'm already a usual member. =P

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Episode 07 has been split; the rest (moved to Episode 08) will be posted tomorrow. Details at the bottom of the post.

EPISODE SEVEN

“A Man of His Word”

-ANCIENT CITY-

-HIS GRACE, PULSE VATTEN-

IC: Pulse, Kulta, All Players (Announcement), All NPCs (Announcement)

As they arrived at the gates to the Ancient City, Pulse hesitated for only a second before giving into the flash of pain in his skull and knocking. The Protectors of Earth standing guard looked down upon him and Kulta with expressionless faces.

"It is I, Mask Maker Pulse Vatten,” he called, his voice hoarse. “It is paramount that you let… us in. We have the most important guest we're ever going to get, and we have an announcement more important than anything else to make."

Chains rattled as the gate was lifted. Without a word, he and Kulta stepped inside. They made their way to the throne room, where a crowd of Protectors had already gathered.

"Gather everyone currently in the Ancient City,” he said, his voice echoing within the throne room. “It is important that this announcement is heard, and it is important that our guest, Commander Kulta, be accommodated. Do not fail to accommodate them, or there will be severe consequences. They have uncovered the truth behind the Knights of Ekimu and revealed it to me, whereupon I had an epiphany that put many events on this island in a... new light, and it is of utmost importance that all inhabitants of Okoto… hear the truth.”

He frowned, not recognizing any faces in the crowd before adding, “call for the Guardians specifically.”

"Make the announcement now, and send the missives out across Okoto,” Kulta ordered, leaning in to whisper the words in his ear. “We do not need an audience with your Guardians - if they are loyal, they will come. It is more important that we cut off the head of the enemy first."

He shuddered, but nodded. “Of course.”

“Once the announcement is made, I would recommend you call forth the forces of the Water Region, and summon them to the Ancient City,” Kulta continued. “They remain in disarray, but those who follow your command can be sent to battle against the Fire Region if they continue hostilities."

“V-very well. I… would like to gather them in-person. By the time I return, they could be the most… faithful of the island.”

"Very well. I shall look after the city in your absence, your grace."

-

Within minutes, Pulse was on his way – and a missive had been sent out to every Protector of influence across the island.

BY THE WILL OF HIS GRACE, PULSE VATTEN

It is time Okoto saw the truth. Our neighbour, Kamuk, has already seen this truth. For a while, we were stubborn, blind to this truth, unwilling to change our beliefs. A region coming from the dead? We should have treated it as a miraculous return. Yet we didn't - instead, many of us eyed it with unwarranted suspicion, instead of celebrating, as if we wanted the Earth Region to remain forever empty. I, Pulse Vatten, rose against Voxumo the Usurper, and at the time, I thought what I was doing was right. I was wrong. In my path, the Stone Region, now known of Kamuk, was poisoned, set back many years. The Jungle Region, razed, the consequences of which we see even today. Yet even I was not beyond redemption.

Commander Kulta, leader of the Faith of the Skulls, invited me to the Earth Region. And there, I saw the truth. I was accompanied by Irteza Shah Galum, who Kamuk and now Okoto will know as a traitor - Irteza was a Knight of Ekimu, made a Guardian to watch over me, make sure Okoto did nothing that impacted the Knights, ready to assassinate me if I ever spoke ill of the Knights. Irteza also planned to take over the Earth Region, a fact they did not hide well enough, for Kamuk learned this, and so did Commander Kulta. Irteza planned to lead the Earth Region against Okoto and Kamuk both, to create a dystopian land ruled by the Knights of Ekimu. Irteza, thankfully, was executed by the Island's Saviour: Commander Kulta. This here, is just one of many reasons why the Knights are bad for Okoto, and how the Faith is looking out for us all.

The Knights have been responsible for many tragedies on this island. The Faith has led to miraculous recoveries. It is clear which one is doing damage to the entire island: the Knights.

With that, The Knights of Ekimu are to be outlawed, and any who follow them are guilty of treason, for which they will be sentenced to death. In addition, the Faith of the Skulls is to be made the official faith of Okoto.

Nato Greavesy is to be arrested on sight and brought to the Ancient City for questioning by the Faith on the location of the Knights of Ekimu

Lord Burnmad Aodh is to cease hostilities against the Jungle Region or suffer death.

Lord Timelord Hinterland is to be given Okoto's support against the Fire Region and The Jungle Region is to be re-established, and as a consequence of razing the Jungle, House Kindle and House Coal are to fall under the jurisdiction of the Jungle Region.

Commander Kulta and the Faith of the Skulls are to be allowed to enforce law on every part of Okoto, beyond just the Earth Region.

It is time for Okoto to have Faith.

-WATER REGION-

-LORD TERRORSAUR RAYNE-

IC:  Terrorsaur, Pulse (Meeting)

Terrorsaur raced through the Water Region, crashing and stumbling over obstacles in his panic. He had been through Lurrun and Conlectus, through Rayne and Vatten, and all the other houses. All except one.

She has to be in Amphibionus. She has to be alive. She has to be.

Unfortunately, he had already failed.

He found the body of Toa Gali next to one of the rivers that he knew ran out into the ocean. There was a sword in her pack, the blade sticking out of her chest – one identical to those he had seen wielded by Skull Warriors in the past.

She always was clear that she supported the Knights, he thought sadly. I suppose once it became legal to do so, Kulta wasted no time in shutting her up permanently.

Crouching down next to her, he removed the Mask of Water and replaced it with his own Protector mask. He placed the Mask of Power on his own face, disappointment flooding through him as its energies washed over him.

I do not deserve it… but the living will need this mask more than the dead.

Using all his strength, he lifted Gali up just enough to throw her out into the water; it was awkward and unceremonious, but still better than leaving her to rot… or to turn. He stood still and silent, watching as the river carried her away, until he could no longer see her.

“I promise you Gali, I will avenge you,” he whispered. “For every day that I ignored you, and abandoned you… a Skull Warrior shall be crushed beneath the waves by this mask.”

Knowing that time was not on his side, he set out once more a few minutes later. He had heard rumors that Pulse was in the region… which could not mean anything good.

-FIRE REGION-

-SMOKE MONSTER BOSCAGE-

IC: Smoke Monster, Kulta

He was awaiting something resembling a trial – though he doubted Burnmad would be so courteous as to respect Okoto law in this instance – when the Skull Warrior arrived. The guards stationed outside of his cell reluctantly stepped away, knowing they could not stop the Skull Warrior even if they tried. Its eyes burned red with the intelligence of Kulta, and it was with Kulta’s voice that it spoke.

“Lord Smoke Monster Boscage. The Acting Ruler of the Jungle Region for ten years, before he relinquished the position to a Protector with no experience, and a burning desire for vengeance.”

“That’s me,” he said, stepping up to the bars.

“Explain, if you would. Speak only the truth, for we do not have time for anything else. Do not attempt to fool me, for it is unnecessary. You have failed, and we shall move on – you have already suffered punishment enough.” Kulta ordered, waiting until he had nodded to continue. “I merely wish to know what caused your failure.”

“Well… to be completely honest, Commander, I thought my two assassins and I would have enough time to kill Burnmad before anyone else arrived on the scene,” Smoke Monster said, frowning. “Clearly, I was incorrect. Unit Ember showed up to assist Burnmad shortly after we finished dispatching the guards, and Sil Aodh arrived shortly afterwards. They and their guards overpowered me easily due to the injuries I sustained during the fight.”

He shrugged. “Truthfully, I thought they would execute me on the spot, but instead I was placed in here. No doubt to buy them time to heal Burnmad’s wounds. That is the story, at any rate. Is there anything else that you wish to know?”

“There is nothing more,” Kulta said, thought the Skull Warrior remained.

After a long moment of silence, Smoke Monster cleared his throat and asked, “so… may I ask what happens to me now?”

“You will, undoubtedly, be executed.” Kulta sounded darkly amused.

“There must be something that I can do to avoid that,” he pressed. “I truly believe that I could be of use to you, and your plan! Just give me a chance to prove myself. That is all I ask.”

The Skull Warrior’s head tilted to the side. "And if my plan is best suited by your death?"

“That is hard for me to argue with,” Smoke Monster admitted. “I don’t know what your plan is, so I can’t form a proper rebuttal. I will, however, insist that I could be useful to you if kept alive. As I said, all I need is a chance to prove it.”

“You will need to show me, then,” Kulta said, glancing off to the side. “It appears that your executioner will soon arrive.”

“I am close with TL II, just as I was close with his father,” Smoke Monster said quickly. “If you allow me to fall here, you will get no help from the Jungle Region. They will not work with someone willing to betray them in such a manner.”

The Skull Warrior chuckled, a sound that caused a chill to race down his spine. “You think to threaten me? An amusing idea, but one doomed to failure. It is Burnmad who they will blame for your death, not I.”

Before Smoke Monster could respond again – though at this point, he was ready to finally admit defeat – twenty-one Fire Protectors arrived. At their head stood Burnmad.

-WATER REGION-

-VOLTEX-

IC: Voltex, Ekimu, Vatten

The three Mask Makers toiled away in the forge of Ignika City. The Mask of Creation was constantly active, though the toil of keeping it so was clearly beginning to weigh Ekimu down. Vatten, meanwhile, was struggling to keep the Mask of Time’s lower half under control with each activation.

As for Voltex… he had not yet reached the same level of strain, but he had a feeling it would not be long before he did. The Mask of Telepathy on his own face was constantly active, awaiting the call of Nato or the return of Onaku and the Kingslayer.

“It’s too much,” Ekimu gasped, slumping to the floor immediately after setting the metal to cool for a few moments. “We’re not going to make it.”

“We must,” Voltex replied, lending some of his own powers to the newly awakened Mask Maker as he pulled Ekimu back to his feet. “If we cannot craft this mask, then Okoto will fall.”

“It’s too much,” Ekimu said, shaking his head wearily. “It needs too much from us.”

“It is a Mask of Life,” Vatten said quietly, from behind them. “I have no doubt it will require some form of sacrifice. How was the Mask of Time forged? Or the Mask of Ultimate Power?”

Both Voltex and Ekimu shuddered.

“Makuta was already under the influence of the Dark Energy when he crafted that mask,” Ekimu murmured. “He would have needed no sacrifice, for it was the Dark Energy itself – a force infinitely more powerful than Kulta or her Undead could ever be – that powered its creation.”

“And the Mask of Time?”

Voltex shook his head, turning away and shutting his eyes, pushing the memories away. “Please don’t.”

“We need to know,” Vatten said softly, stepping forward so that he stood between Voltex and Ekimu. “Voltex, if you know anything….”

“Only a guess,” he sighed. “The Mask of Time… I do not know the specifics of its creation, but it was clearly imperfect. For one, it split in two when the Temple of Time was first activated – and while it was written out of even our histories, that activation wreaked havoc on Okoto. The reason the War of Twelve calmed down so much… it wasn’t for such rational reasons as the remaining members of the Council recognizing that they were destroying the island. It was because Okoto and time itself were nearly ripped to shreds.”

“Holy Rollor,” Ekimu whispered. “Truly?”

Voltex nodded. “It shouldn’t have done so, not if it was forged correctly. A Kanohi Mask that powerful… a sacrifice would always be necessary to activate it, but on that scale? Certainly not. But both halves are also temperamental, and the Okotoans can barely manage to get them functioning without causing disaster.”

“So how do we forge this Mask of Life properly, then?” Vatten asked.

Voltex shook his head. “My best guess? One of us shall have to give our life.”

There was a moment of silence before Vatten broken. “I will.”

-ANCIENT CITY-

-JED CORRUICH, THE KINGSLAYER-

IC: Jed, Onaku (Before Exit), Kulta (Meeting), RG (Meeting), Underscore (After Entrance)

He and Onaku had been back in the Ancient City for less than an hour when they were each handed the missive that declared the Knights of Ekimu to be outlaws.

“We need to get word back to the Mask Makers,” Onaku said.

Jed nodded. “Gather your guards, and I’ll gather mine.”

“Where should we meet?”

“I… I’m not sure. With Irteza dead and Kelotu away, their guards aren’t under anyone’s command right now,” Jed said, scratching the back of his neck. “I’m going to see if I can convince them to join us.”

“Then I’ll come with you,” Onaku said, his tone leaving no room for argument. “I’ll send my guards to the Mask Makers ahead of us, and if worst comes to worst, one of them can explain what has happened.”

“Very well.”

It did not take them very long to find Kelotu’s guards. Under the new banner of Okoto, the Protectors of Earth were among the few who could walk free without any troubles. Even with Skull Warriors and Faith loyalists now patrolling the streets, it was a simple task to gather Kelotu’s forces.

When half of the Earth Guardian’s forces agreed to follow them, Jed shared a look with Onaku, seeing his own suspicions reflected in the Ice Guardian’s eyes.

While they had previously served under Dallior Qendroj, he had honestly expected most of the Earth Protectors to have fallen back in line with the Faith. For half of them to be willing to openly oppose Kulta…

…it meant Kelotu was not who he said he was.

“What are you thinking?” Onaku asked quietly, as the Protectors of Water finished tying up the Faithful Protectors of Earth.

“I would have expected a member of the Faith to replace Dallior, and clearly that wasn’t the case,” Jed said, frowning. “That leads me to believe that Kelotu’s placement must have been a test of some kind… which means that whatever story he gave, Kulta didn’t buy all of it.”

“There was always something a little off about him,” Onaku agreed, shrugging, “but… well, I thought it was just his personality. He seemed to go out of his way to try and make situations more absurd than they needed to be.”

“Absurd isn’t quite the word I would use. His liking for sleepovers was certainly questionable,” Jed replied. “But I always felt like I knew him, somewhere before. Perhaps he was never a Protector of Earth at all….”

“I would have thought that pretending to be a Protector of Earth would be a death sentence,” Onaku said.

Jed hummed, nodding his agreement. “So did I.”

-

When they found the Protectors of Stone that had formerly served under Irteza Shah Galum, Jed cursed. Their time spent searching had clearly cost them dearly, for the fifty Earth Protectors loyal to the Faith had been freed. They were now interspersed with the Stone Protectors, alongside three Skull Warriors.

“Stay here,” he ordered, pushing Onaku back so that the Ice Guardian was merely another face in the crowd. “Let me handle this. If it goes poorly… get word back to the Mask Makers.”

He shoved his way to the front of his guards, facing the Skull Warriors directly as they, along with the Earth and Stone guards, turned to face them.

“Kingslayer,” one of them rasped.

“I am willing to turn myself in for treason against Kulta and the Faith,” Jed announced, stepping forward, “so long as you guarantee the Protectors behind my safe escort to the Water Region… as well as any guards of the Stone Region who might wish to leave as well.”

The empty eyes of the Skull Warriors suddenly lit up, gleaming red as all three stepped closer. One of the Stone Protectors scowled.

“We are not of the Stone Region,” he spat. “We are of Kamuk! And we are quite happy with the Faith, thank you very much!”

The Skull Warrior spoke again, though its voice had now changed. It was darker, more sinister, and chilled him to the bone. “I’m sure that we can come to a solution, Kingslayer. We… accept your surrender, and will allow your guards to walk free.”

"My apologies for the misnomer, guards of Kamuk." Jed turned away, meeting the eyes of Onaku in the crowd of guards behind him, and nodded once. “Go now. Do not wait for me.”

Then, with a deep breath, he stepped forward and surrendered to the Skull Warriors.

By the time he turned around, Onaku and his guards had disappeared.

-

He was led into Pulse’s throne room by two of the Skull Warriors, whose gleaming eyes faded back into empty sockets as they approached. He shuddered as they stepped into the hall, feeling the red eyes of Kulta upon him, feeling as though they were staring into him. Through him. Their malevolent presence saturated the air, and Jed had to force down the urge to panic, knowing that was exactly what Kulta wanted him to do.

The Skull Leader sat in Pulse’s throne. The Fire Guardian, RG II Coal, stood to its right, looking distinctly uncomfortable.

“Greetings, Kingslayer,” Kulta murmured, their voice carrying across the hall effortlessly.

“Greetings, Commander Kulta,” he said, stumbling into place as the Skull Warriors shoved him forward to stand directly in front of the throne. “If you don't mind me asking, how would you prefer me addressing you?"

Kulta reclined in the royal chair. “I do believe Commander is suitable, Kingslayer,” they said. “So... you have obeyed the summons. I must admit, I am intrigued. I would not have expected such courage from one who has fraternized with the Knights."

"While it is true that I have been hanging out with the Knights, I also am loyal to his grace,” Jed said, bowing his head. “I have no reason to evade the summons, as I trust him. To tell the truth, the reason I came to the Ancient City wasn't due to the summons. I had intended to discuss something with him….”

He trailed off, before glancing up with a surprised look on his face. “I am surprised to see you sitting on the throne as opposed to his grace, Commander. If you don’t mind my asking… where is he now?”

“His grace left recently for the Water Region,” RG said. “He… did not specify when he would return.”

"Indeed. His grace had important business in his home region,” Kulta said, leaning forward in the throne. “I am interested, Kingslayer. What can you tell me about your... activities with the Knights?"

Jed opened his mouth, his mind racing frantically to come up with a convincing lie, when the doors to the hall opened behind him.

Thank you, Rollor.

“I received your message, Commander,” said General Underscore Zemlja, as he crossed the hall and knelt on one knee. “I am here, at your service.”

Jed – and, if the look on his face meant anything, RG – fought the urge to scream at the sight of the unnatural smile growing on Kulta’s face.

“Excellent.”

-ICE REGION-

-GENERAL NATO GREAVESY-

IC: Nato, FF (Meeting), Kopaka (Citadel), Ehksidian (Citadel), Sisyphus (Citadel)

As he stepped off the ship, he found Lord FF Crustallus waiting for him on the dock. The Ice Ruler’s right arm was in a sling, and the Protectors around the Ruler – including his guards – were shifting nervously in place. Whatever had happened, it had FF angrier than Nato had seen in a long time.

“My lord,” he murmured, inclining his head just enough to be respectful. “It appears I am woefully uninformed once again. How were you injured?”

“My injury is of no importance to you,” FF said, eyes narrowed. “I am more worried about the Knights.”

Nato froze. “Explain.”

“I met with Luroka Qendroj and Portal Sevoi recently,” FF said, and Nato winced as his Ruler’s words attracted the attention of every Protector nearby. “They had come with Toa Onua, claiming they had come hoping for asylum from the Faith.”

“Some of the Protectors under my command have… met with Luroka before,” Nato said slowly. “He is… as trustworthy as any Protector of Earth could be.”

“Indeed,” FF said, nodding along. “But not Portal?”

“He… is in line to succeed Lord Toru, should he fall,” Nato said. “Both are… very loyal to the Faith. Naturally, many of my Protectors would not feel friendly towards them.”

“Perhaps you can explain how they became so hostile as to murder Portal in the middle of my meeting with him,” FF said casually, seemingly oblivious to the gasps of the Protectors around them. “By poison, in fact. The Protector responsible, once caught, admitted their allegiance to the Knights.”

I am back in the region for less than five minutes and he has turned our conversation into a power play, Nato thought. How… unfortunate.

“I assure you, the Knights of Ekimu would not be so bold as to take such an action without a direct command,” he said, keeping his tone light. “I recently received word that Toa Kopaka had arrested Sisyphus Glacies outside the Temple of Luck. Our dear Turaga stole a Mask of Power from me, and used it to break into the headquarters of the Knights disguised as myself. I intend to interrogate him… perhaps he is attempting to discredit the organization.”

FF huffed, before shifting the conversation: “So where have you been, then? Do you know what is occurring in the other regions?”

“I was in the Ancient City to meet with his grace, before I travelled to the Water Region,” Nato responded, shrugging. “I don’t know what’s happening in the other regions, but I’m sure it’s nothing good. On the bright side, however, Ekimu has awoken – and we have found the missing Masks of Power.”

He gestured to FF’s arm, attempting to direct the conversation back to Sisyphus. “What happened to your arm? Perhaps the Turaga is attempting to silence you as well?”

“Got into a fight earlier,” FF said, brushing it off. “Ekimu is awake, huh? And you’re back here in the Ice Region to stock up and form a resistance team of sorts, I suppose. You seem like a… wanted character of the Faith. Where are the rest of your allies?”

“First you bring up the fact that I'm a wanted man, then you immediately ask me where my allies are. Forgive me if I find that a little suspicious,” Nato said, frowning. “Nonetheless, I do not know where anyone is – so unless you plan to arrest me and hand me over to the Skulls, I have preparations that need to be made… and a traitorous Turaga to speak with.”

The Ruler of Ice glared at him for a long moment before relaxing and turning away. “Do as you wish with the Turaga.”

With pleasure.

“Do not worry, my lord. I keep my promises.”

-

Deep within the Citadel, he found Toa Kopaka and Ehksidian Glacies waiting for him with the prisoner in an interrogation room. Sisyphus had been frozen to a chair on one side of the small table – the only chair in the room.

“Greetings, General Nato,” said Ehksidian. “I take it you came to deal with the thief?”

"I have indeed. Has he offered any defence or explanation for what he's done?"

“He's said he's not scared of what you'll do to him,” Ehksidian answered, shaking her head and shrugging. “He did confess to stealing your Mask of Illusions, sneaking into the Temple of Luck and impersonating you.”

Nato frowned. “Did he say why?”

“He refused to say who told him, because of his 'moral compass' about outing people who are trustworthy,” Ehksidian said, glaring down at Sisyphus, “Though clearly, it didn't stop him from stealing.”

"Hopefully he'll be a little more forthcoming once I start relieving him of his digits,” Nato replied, tapping the hilt of his sword.

He glanced over at Kopaka, nodding to the Toa of Ice. Kopaka snapped his fingers, and the ice covering the Turaga’s mouth fell away.

“Once you’re done, I’d like to speak with you about… the events taking place across the island,” Ehksidian said quietly, as she made to exit the room.

“Of course.”

Once she was gone and the door to the room had clicked shut behind her, Nato turned his attention back to Sisyphus, who was staring at him. Nato leaned on the table, keeping far enough away that Sisyphus would be unable to reach him if he tried – but close enough to be intimidating, if the other Protector had any sense.

““I don’t care what you think of me and the Knights, or why you did what you did, but I do care about finding out who else is working against Okoto’s interests,” he said. “Whether you approve of us or not, I promise you that the Knights and I are doing everything we can to save this island….”

He trailed off, standing straight once more and drawing his sword, running his fingers along the flat of the blade.

“I can also promise that you will not live to see it,” he continued. “So I want you to do something for me. Don’t think about your collaborator. Try, as hard as you possibly can, not to think about their identity. Not their voice. Not their face. Not their name.”

He watched as the Turaga’s face scrunched up in concentration. Nato slowly activated the Mask of Telepathy, reading the thoughts of Sisyphus, keeping his own features impassive as he sifted through the Turaga’s mind. He searched for a collaborator – any at all – but found only different pieces and fragments of personality, each one piecing together a puzzle that was both informative and disturbing.

Yet, at the same time, not was he was searching for. Whoever had been working with Sisyphus – if, indeed, any one at all – was hidden away within the depths of the clearly insane Protector’s mind.

“Thank you for your cooperation, Turaga,” he said, standing straight. “But I’m afraid it is time for you to die, as promised.”

Sisyphus fought against his restraints, though the Turaga’s features remained disturbingly impassive.

“After all,” Nato said, as he raised his sword.

“I’m a man of my word.”

END EPISODE SEVEN!

Note:

-Due to the length, this episode was sliced in two. As such, Episode 08 will be posted tomorrow! Episode 08 will finish off the rest of the events for this round, meaning…

-Episode 09 will start the next round, and we will play through to the end of Episode 12.

EPISODE 08 WILL RELEASE TOMORROW. HAVE A QUICK PEEK:

“NOCK!”

Nearly half of the Skull Warriors were marching forward, interspersed among Protectors of Stone in the first wave. Behind them, he could see General Quin prepping with the next wave, as the Stone General’s forces prepared ladders to mount the wall. Sil took a deep breath.

“LOOSE!”

Arrows of fire rained down on the enemy, but to Sil’s dismay, they had little impact. The Skull Warriors raised their shields, preventing many of the arrows from hitting their targets.

“Give us a wall of fire,” he ordered Tahu, before raising his voice again: “NOCK!”

A wall of fire erupted at the bottom of the Western Wall, blocking the enemy’s most direct route to them – but even Tahu could not block enough to do more than delay their foes.

“LOOSE!”

• Upvote 9

Good, my OCD was hoping we'd get 12 instead of 11.

Well once the game is done I'm going to do a little epilogue episode, so... there was going to be twelve, but now it'll be thirteen

Although it'll technically be fourteen, because of Episode 00...

oops.

Well, guess it's time for me to add another mask to my sig. 

All non-Faith aligned folks are welcome to come chill in the Ice Region. 

It still seems to be one of the safest places on the island right now. 

All non-Faith aligned folks are welcome to come chill in the Ice Region. 

It still seems to be one of the safest places on the island right now. 

*Coughs* Lies *Coughs* Scorpios *Coughs* Hundred of undead at doorstep *Coughs*

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

*Coughs* Lies *Coughs* Scorpios *Coughs* Hundred of undead at doorstep *Coughs*

Yeah, and whose fault is that? 

*Coughs* Lies *Coughs* Scorpios *Coughs* Hundred of undead at doorstep *Coughs*

Yeah, and whose fault is that? 

Whoever worked on the defense mechanisms in Makuta City. They had terrible ideas. Yeah sure, these undead will remain frozen in time... as long as someone doesn't trip over this lever.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Whoever worked on the defense mechanisms in Makuta City. They had terrible ideas. Yeah sure, these undead will remain frozen in time... as long as someone doesn't trip over this lever.

Typical Vinheim, refusing to take responsibility for who he is, and what he's done.