BZP'S GAME OF THRONES: SEASON 2

Voltex

Nato, if you want to turn me against the Faith, you should probably start by giving me a reason beyond "but you said you wanted independence!"

To be clear, independence and isolation are two separate concepts, and declaring one does not automatically imply the other. While much of my region may wish for both, I do not share their views.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Frankly, this series would be better as a sitcom with a lot of romance subplots. The open-ended relationship of Purple and Kelotu, the married life of ToaD and Ehks (did that ever materialize?), my forbidden love with Kulta. It'd be so much better than this silly conflict we have now.

- :burnmad:

• Upvote 5

Frankly, this series would be better as a sitcom with a lot of romance subplots. The open-ended relationship of Purple and Kelotu, the married life of ToaD and Ehks (did that ever materialize?), my forbidden love with Kulta. It'd be so much better than this silly conflict we have now.

it will happen.

i can assure you of that.

and burn x kulta is the real otp of this game.

• Upvote 5

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Don't forget my father's forbidden marriage to a fire protector.

This isn't a sitcom it's a soap opera.

That is completely made up...

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Truth be told, I likely would have approved of it, if I had been asked first, or even made aware of it. The fact I had to learn about it from someone else... yeah not pleased about that.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Correction: there were three players for the Jungle Region.

One is dead.

One is pro-Knight.

One has a long family history of betraying alliances and making questionable decisions.

*whistles and gestures at Pulse's decree saying houses Coal and Kindle are part of Jungle now*

The third living one is leaning somewhat* towards the knights, though I'm still neutral. (also because I don't want Kulta to set a bounty on my head or something.)

Also: Can we get the romantic comedy version of this like all of you discussed? =P

*I'll add: this is what real life me's thoughts are, I may decide differently for RG as I still have no idea what I'm doing. =p

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Episode 08 is very nearly ready. Have another quick look in the meantime:

---

Like the rest of the city, the palace was little more than a ruin, despite still standing. As they approached the entrance, Pohatu frowned.

“Be careful. There is... something. I'm not sure - without a mask to detect it, I can't get specifics, and this sort of thing has always been Gali's area of expertise... but there's some sort of shield or energy surrounding the palace. Like the Warriors and Scorpios, perhaps.” He paused, his head titled to the side as he considered it. "It should be safe to enter... we'll just need to watch our backs."

The main entrance into the palace was sealed – but for the Toa of Stone, opening it was effortless. Vinheim stepped into the hall without hesitation, only to momentarily freeze at the sight before him.

The hall was littered with corpses, each of them frozen in time – though calling them corpses was generous, seeing as they had all apparently been hacked to pieces.

“Frozen like the Skull Warriors outside,” Pohatu said, frowning again.

“There was clearly a battle of some kind,” Vinheim replied, crouching next to one of the more intact corpses. “I think a different one from the Skull Warriors outside, however, seeing as the Skull Warriors clearly did not breach the palace – nor did it look like they were trying to.”

"This is merely guesswork, but it is possible that someone activated the Mask of Time," he said, looking somewhat disturbed. "It would explain the frozen Skull Warriors as well... but I shudder to think of the sheer cost of doing so. You have heard of the incident ten years ago - and that was for a relatively minor activation. To preserve an entire city in a single moment for hundreds of years... countless lives must have been lost."

• Upvote 6

Don't forget my father's forbidden marriage to a fire protector.

This isn't a sitcom it's a soap opera.

your mother can be Nikila Ash if you want them to be

but unless Vox gives his permission, she can't be his old character's sister

That would mean he has Mask Maker blood (which is obviously the reason he asked for that to begin with). Let's please not give the worst royal family in the series any claim to the AC's throne?

Also, RG, those houses don't belong to Jungle unless Sil acquiesces to Plusle's decree.

Edited by Lord Burnmad Aodh
  • Upvote 3

Nato, if you want to turn me against the Faith, you should probably start by giving me a reason beyond "but you said you wanted independence!"

To be honest, I didn't expect that letter to actually accomplish anything. Same for the letters I sent to Quin, Vinheim, Timelord, and Toru. I just felt like I had to at least try going with the diplomatic route one last time before we start killing each other. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

To be honest, I didn't expect that letter to actually accomplish anything. Same for the letters I sent to Quin, Vinheim, Timelord, and Toru. I just felt like I had to at least try going with the diplomatic route one last time before we start killing each other. 

*Is eager to see this supposed letter now as he has yet to receive it*

• Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

*snipping Burn's quote*

Ah. I just assumed it was already that way because Voltex told me that I was in PM. Not sure why I chose to to assume that already, as that does make sense.

I suppose I'll see how more of this works out soon...

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I respect that. It's more than anyone else did, at any rate.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

EPISODE EIGHT

“Dead No More”

-STONE REGION-

-VINHEIM MARAN-

IC: Vinheim, Pohatu, Kulta (Before Palace), ? (Awakening)

As they approached Makuta City, Vinheim noted Pohatu’s uneasiness, but did not comment on it. At the end of the day, he was certain that Pohatu would follow him, no matter the Toa’s misgivings.

Nearer to the city, he shuddered, suddenly wondering why they were going to Makuta City. Perhaps it would be best to… return home? Yes, he could inform the King that-

-his thoughts were suddenly cut off as the two Skull Warriors stepped forward, eyes flashing, and the compulsion that had been manipulating him faded away.

“Eerie,” he murmured.

They arrived at the outskirts of the city without much trouble from there. In what Vinheim assumed had once been some sort of shop, he ordered his crew to set up camp. As they did so, he set the Skull Warriors to guard duty before heading for the center of the city with Pohatu, determined to find any abnormalities in the ruins.

As he and the Toa of Stone walked through the city, Vinheim could not help but notice the Skull Warriors throughout – as well as the giant, skeletal scorpions.

“What are they?” he asked.

“Skull Scorpios,” Pohatu murmured, eyeing one – which was at least three times his size – with trepidation.

Both the Skull Warriors and Skull Scorpios appeared normal, barring the fact that they all appeared to be frozen in time, shielded by a shimmering blue energy. There must have been hundreds of the Skull Warriors in the streets that they walked alone, not even counting the rest of the city – and the Scorpios numbered in the dozens.

Still, they made it to the center of the city unchallenged, skipping ahead of a large crater to the largest intact structure they had seen so far.

“I have sensed no hidden chambers or threats so far,” Pohatu said, gesturing to the structure. “Only this building. Makuta’s Palace.”

Vinheim paused near another one of the Skull Scorpios, which had been frozen at the edge of the crater. He carefully stroked a hand along the face of the creature, though the shimmering blue field around it did not allow his hand through.

"It's amazing to think such creatures are within Kulta’s arsenal,” he said quietly, before bringing his right hand to his chin as he turned his attention to the palace. “You would think that a Mask Maker would have hidden secrets of some form in their city…. Nonetheless, let’s go have a look inside, and see where Makuta once sat.”

"It might have, once upon a time," Pohatu said, shrugging. "But I doubt it. Any secrets that Makuta was hiding would be in his palace - the rest of this city was constructed, as I understand it, to appeal to the people of Okoto. They favored Ekimu, and Makuta wished they would favor him instead."

Like the rest of the city, the palace was little more than a ruin, despite still standing. As they approached the entrance, Pohatu frowned.

“Be careful. There is... something. I'm not sure - without a mask to detect it, I can't get specifics, and this sort of thing has always been Gali's area of expertise... but there's some sort of shield or energy surrounding the palace. Like the Warriors and Scorpios, perhaps.” He paused, his head titled to the side as he considered it. "It should be safe to enter... we'll just need to watch our backs."

The main entrance into the palace was sealed – but for the Toa of Stone, opening it was effortless. Vinheim stepped into the hall without hesitation, only to momentarily freeze at the sight before him.

The hall was littered with corpses, each of them frozen in time – though calling them corpses was generous, seeing as they had all apparently been hacked to pieces.

“Frozen like the Skull Warriors outside,” Pohatu said, frowning again.

“There was clearly a battle of some kind,” Vinheim replied, crouching next to one of the more intact corpses. “I think a different one from the Skull Warriors outside, however, seeing as the Skull Warriors clearly did not breach the palace – nor did it look like they were trying to.”

"This is merely guesswork, but it is possible that someone activated the Mask of Time," Pohatu said slowly, looking somewhat disturbed. "It would explain the frozen Skull Warriors as well... but I shudder to think of the sheer cost of doing so. You have heard of the incident ten years ago - and that was for a relatively minor activation. To preserve an entire city in a single moment for hundreds of years... countless lives must have been lost."

Vinheim nodded, noticing that the corpses in the hall were arranged in a circle closer to the door – as though they had surrounded enemies who were fighting back to back. A small path led further into the palace.

Whoever the combatants were, they must have fought their way through.

"I'd say you are probably right on that,” he murmured, rising to his feet. “I can't think of anything else that could pull off such a stunt. It worries me greatly to know such a powerful artifact is in the hands of the unknown. Some creature… I believe they were called Umarak.”

He shook his head to clear it. “We'd best continue forward. I am curious now as to what exactly went on here… and it seems the only way we will get answers is by going further into the palace."

Pohatu remained silent, looking troubled as they continued to explore the palace. Despite the thorough nature of their search, however, they found nothing of note until arriving in what could have only been Makuta’s private chambers. There, Pohatu directed Vinheim toward the bookcase.

“There is a gap in the wall,” the Toa said. “A stairwell, I think, carved into the stone. I expect we’ll find any answers that we can down there.”

“Tell me, Pohatu,” Vinheim said, as they moved the bookcase and began making their way down the stairs that had, indeed, been hidden behind it. “What do you think of current matters on the island?”

Pohatu glared at him, clearly suspicious. “I think that events have spiralled out of control. A total war is now inevitable.”

“Your suspicion is warranted, and I’d think you foolish if you trusted me completely,” the Diplotmat replied. “But I agree with your analysis. The seeds of war have been in place for some time now, ever since the Earth Region was obliterated so many years ago. It just… needed the proper spark to ignite. Personally, I think that you Toa were that spark; give each region such a powerful being, and you risk those regions believing themselves invincible. You Toa can use your elements to devastating effect, and with grudges held from past wrongs… you get the perfect setting for a full-scale war. I fear you Toa more than any Skull Warrior. They might have numbers, but you have true power.”

Vinheim was about to continue when they reached the bottom of the stairway. His eyes widened at the sight that awaited them.

They were in what appeared to be a cross between a laboratory and a forge. There was another door across the room, though it had been blocked off by several pieces of wood nailed into the wall. The room was lit with torches that lined the walls – but though they were lit, the flames did not move… clearly frozen in time just like the Skull Warriors.

His gaze was then drawn to the table in the center of the room, where someone was lying on their back. A shimmering blue field of energy surrounded them, this one flickering, but more visible than the others.

“See if you can find some sort of tool,” Vinheim ordered.

"You should fear the Skull Warriors far more than the Toa," Pohatu warned. "Kulta can take control over any Skull Warrior at any time - and Kulta's powers are far more devastating than any Toa could hope to be."

While the Toa began his search, Vinheim approached the figure. As he got closer, he could make out more beyond the shimmering energy field. The figure was clad in gold and purple armor, though they lacked a mask of any kind.

It didn’t take him much effort to determine who it was – only one being could be hidden away within the depths of the palace in Makuta City, frozen in time.

This was the Mask Maker Makuta.

“You were suppose to be dead, yet here you are...” he whispered, getting as close to the Mask Maker as he dared. “Seemingly alive… and if you are, I don’t doubt that somewhere, Ekimu is as well.”

Pohatu turned to him, holding out a hammer. "This will do as good as any tool, though I doubt touching him would harm either of us. I do regret that I cannot do more to identify this energy."

“Prepare yourself.”

The Toa of Stone nodded, dropping into a battle-ready stance. Vinheim took a deep breath before swinging the hammer down through the field, taking care not to hit the Mask Maker himself and risk injuring a possible ally.

Nothing.

Pohatu frowned. "Perhaps because the hammer is inanimate? One of us might need to touch him ourselves, or the field itself, to provoke a response."

Cursing under his breath, Vinheim nodded. “You are likely right. Here goes nothing, then.”

Dropping the hammer, he reached through.

The moment his hand passed through the field it felt cold, and numb, but unharmed.

He placed his hand on Makuta’s forehead.

The stasis field vanished, and the flames of the torches lining the wall began to flicker. He felt the palace above them – no, not the palace, the entire city – shuddering and shaking, as the spell freezing it in time died.

Makuta’s eyes opened, shining purple.

Vinheim carefully pulled his hand back. “Welcome to the present day, Makuta. You have been asleep for well over three hundred years.”

The Mask Maker slowly sat up, his eyes fixed on the torches before his attention shifted to Vinheim. Makuta’s eyes were wide, and distraught.

“You… have made a terrible mistake…” he whispered, his voice hoarse. He shut his eyes, clutching at his head.  “The city… the Skulls… they are dead no more.”

-ICE REGION-

-LUROKA QENDROJ-

IC: Luroka, Onua

They were just exiting the hospital when the messenger handed Luroka the missive from the Ancient City. As he read, a chill ran down his spine and his heart began to race.

He was an outlaw.

Though he had not been named specifically, he had no doubt that it would only be a matter of time before he and any others not already publicly loyal to the Faith would be summoned, and pressed to prove their loyalty. He had no intention of doing so, but….

“Onua, a word in private, please.”

“Of course.”

He led the Toa of Earth into the nearest alley, taking a deep breath to prepare himself.

Either Onua would work with him, or he would die right now.

“I want to reaffirm your allegiance, because I consider you a friend,” he said, turning to face the Toa and handing him the missive. “It has come to light that I am now an outlaw. I will be at odds with the Earth Region, so the choice is now yours. If you remain loyal to myself and House Qendroj, you’ll have to join the Knights. What path will you take?”

Onua smiled as he read the announcement, though it was joyless.

"I have always been against the Skulls,” he said after a long moment, handing it back. “With the Faith in control, the dead with soon rise - I will help you in this fight. We should meet with the Knights as soon as possible.”

Luroka let out the breath that he had been holding, nodding along. “I agree, and I’m glad to hear it. Where should we go first?”

"I would suggest we try Rollor's Reach first," Onua said, frowning. "Or we could travel to the Water Region, and investigate the sunken city."

“We’re already in the Ice Region,” Luroka said, shrugging. “We might as well continue to Rollor’s Reach.”

“As you command.”

-WATER REGION-

-ONAKU GREAVESY-

IC: Onaku, Lord of Skull Spiders, Voltex

He arrived at the gates to Ignika City without incident, with all two hundred and fifty guards behind him. The Lord of Skull Spiders allowed them into the city without incident, though as Onaku entered the city, he felt… something brush against his mind. Noticing a distinct lack of hostility or foreboding from the presence, Onaku tentatively opened his mind to it as he led the other Protectors into the city.

He was rewarded with the voice of Voltex speaking directly into his mind – a rather unsettling sensation, though Onaku had a feeling that the Mask Maker would allow him to shut down the connection if he wished to.

This is Voltex. Stay away from the forge - the energies are unpredictable at best. What is the status of Okoto?

Onaku frowned, wondering how to project his own thoughts back at the Mask Maker. After a moment, he pictured hurling them at Voltex, which seemed to do the trick: In a word… bad. Pulse is compromised, under the influence of Kulta. Ancient City is in control of the Faith – Kulta is there now. Jed forced to turn himself in, but I managed to bring two hundred and fifty guards. What has happened here while I was away?

The Mask Maker was silent for a long moment as they processed the information, though Onaku could feel their mind almost… humming. Whatever Voltex was doing, he was only half-focused on their conversation.

Finally, the response came. Unfortunate. Hopefully the Kingslayer can escape, though we will need to pay close attention if he does. Kulta may corrupt him. We are forging the Mask of Life, as you suggested. We will be successful but… not without sacrifice.

Before Onaku could inquire further, Voltex focused on the guards he had brought. What elements are the guards? I assume Ice and Water.

A hundred each, Onaku confirmed. Plus fifty from Earth. What news of Umarak and the Masks of Power?

Earth? That's better news than we were expecting from that region, Voltex thought, and Onaku got the impression that the Mask Maker was impressed. Umarak arrived and brought the masks – they are in the tomb. He left with Chloe Saryian to call the Temple of Time… if you could inform me when the beacon lights the sky, I would appreciate it.

Very well, Onaku thought. How can I help with fortifying the city?

Use the Protectors of Water as the visible guards. Any living enemies allied with the Faith might be fooled, though I would not count on it, Voltex replied after a moment. Use the rest to establish contact with House Rayne. We need to supply the city.

With that, the Mask Maker shut down most of the connection, undoubtedly returning his focus to forging the Mask of Life. Onaku rubbed at his temples as a headache began to flare. He could still feel the Mask Maker’s own thoughts buzzing in the back of his mind, which did not help matters – though he knew it was so that he could keep Voltex informed for when Umarak and Chloe completed their task.

Sighing, he turned to face his guards. He would fulfil Voltex’s wishes, and then visit the tomb.

-JUNGLE REGION-

-CHLOE SARYIAN-

IC: Chloe, Umarak, Lewa, Purple (Meeting), Kelotu (Meeting)

As she and the Titan Umarak approached the border between the Water Region and the Jungle Region, Chloe frowned at the sight of a massive wall of thorns obstructing the path. Without speaking a word, Umarak blasted a hole in the middle and stepped through; after hesitating for a second, she followed.

On the other side of the wall, Umarak had stopped. She stepped around the Titan, before gasping at the sight of Toa Lewa, who was frowning at them.

“Hello…” she said slowly, stepping forward and motioning to the wall of thorns. “What is going on here?”

"I was sent by his grace to help the Jungle rebuild," Lewa answered sounding irritated, "and TL Hinterland sent me to construct this wall of thorns. He has attempted to call me back to go to war, but I have refused."

Chloe bit her lip at the mention of TL II. "That is understandable, and I agree about your refusal, honestly. It's not what you are to do….” She paused for a moment, before asking, "have you heard about what his grace has said recently?"

“I have heard rumors.” The Toa could not have made it more clear that he was displeased.

Chloe nodded along. “We… received word on our way here. He’s trying to outlaw the Knights, and put the Faith in power. What are your thoughts on it?”

"I think," Lewa said slowly, eyes locked onto Umarak, "that Pulse is no longer himself."

“I agree,” she said, frowning as she thought. “The question is… what do we do about it?”

"Join us," Umarak prompted before Lewa could reply, stepping forward and resting his palm on Lewa's forehead. "Remember your purpose, Toa Lewa."

The Toa of Jungle flinched back before the Titan made contact – and then his eyes lit up with remembrance. He shifted in place, as a solemn aura seemed to suddenly spread through the air, surrounding him.

“I…” the Toa trailed off uncertainly.

“We will help bring Pulse back,” Chloe promised, taking Lewa’s hand in her own. “One way or another, we will save him.”

“We must continue on our way,” Umarak said. “Hopefully, we shall reach our destination soon.”

-

A few hours later, the strange Trio arrived at a large clearing, situated on the border between the territories of House Briar and House Boscage. To Chloe, the area seemed rather unremarkable – but both Umarak and Lewa seemed to sense something else in the air, and it was Umarak who determined that they had arrived.

Chloe was just about to pull the Mask of Time out of her bag when the bushes across the clearing rustled and parted, to reveal two other Protectors.

She frowned, recognizing both Purple Rayne and Kelotu Zemlja.

“Hey folks,” Purple called. “What’s up?”

“…nothing much,” Chloe said, approaching the two. She felt like something was off about the situation, but smiled at them regardless. “How about you?”

“Chloe!” Kelotu grinned, rushing up and embracing her quickly before stepping back. “It’s been too long! How have you been? Things are getting pretty crazy, huh? The island is in quite the state! You know how it is, dead people rising, the Faith taking over, everybody going to war!”

“Er, yes, things have been a bit hectic,” she replied, frowning. “The state of the island certainly leaves much to be desired. Have you heard anything?”

For once, Kelotu appeared to be lost for words, though the Earth Guardian soon recovered.

“Well, the dead are rising. Ol’ Dragonstar Ember died and then got back up and attacked us. Try to decapitate them if you can.” Kelotu stepped back, smiling at Purple. “Purple here has been a welcome distraction from all of it, of course.”

“Wait, the dead are rising?” Chloe asked, giving Umarak an uneasy look.

“So, what are you doing in these parts?” Purple asked, before she could continue.

“I… er, I have a mission,” she said, “one that I’m thinking should be completed sooner rather than later.”

“A mission?” Kelotu asked. “Can we join?”

“I… suppose so, since you’re already here,” Chloe said, uncertain how their presence might impact the Mask of Time.

“We were on our way to the Water Region,” Kelotu said slowly, “but your mission sounds rather important… what do you say, Purple?”

“I’m all for it,” Purple said, shrugging and glancing up at Umarak. “Who’s the big guy?”

“You may call me Umarak,” the Titan said, stepping forward. “Chloe, prepare the Mask of Time.”

“Of course.”

As she put the Mask of Time on, Umarak turned to Purple and Kelotu.

“Prepare yourselves,” he ordered. “If you are to be present, I cannot protect you from its energies. If you wish to survive this experience… embrace it wholeheartedly, and you might survive.”

Chloe hesitated, glancing around the clearing to Kelotu, to Purple, to Lewa, and finally to Umarak, who nodded.

She closed her eyes, and concentrated.

And then she felt the pull.

Her eyes flew open as the ground shook beneath her, Umarak falling to his knees, gold and blue energy swirling around the clearing. Purple and Kelotu were clutching at each other, their mouths open in silent screams. Lewa staggered towards her, his own elemental powers going haywire as he came to a stop beside Umarak, clutching at the Titan to keep his balance.

She felt her own energy streaming out of her, could almost feel time itself being stolen from them all, their lives being cut apart at the seams to feed the Mask of Time, and then-

-it was gone.

She stumbled to the side, collapsing into Kelotu and Purple, clutching at them as they clutched at her. Umarak slumped forward, gasping for breath. Lewa fell to the dirt, clutching at his head.

Towering over them all was an unmistakeable golden structure – the Temple of Time.

A beacon of pure energy shone from its center into the sky, marking its location to everyone on the island.

-WATER REGION-

-LORD TERRORSAUR RAYNE-

IC:  Terrorsaur, Pulse (Meeting)

He found Pulse in the territories of House Rayne. The Mask Maker’s eyes shone red, and the ornate golden mask on his face gave off a sinister aura that made Terrorsaur instantly regret approaching him. Remembering the new laws put into effect, Terrorsaur approached the Ruler of Okoto cautiously.

“Your grace?" It was more of a question than a form of address, but he bowed nonetheless.

“Lord Terrorsaur Rayne… Ruler of the Water Region,” Pulse said, sounding as though he was reminding himself. “You are exactly who I wished to see… I wish to gather the Water Region army. You will... take me to them. You will tell me about the Knights of Ekimu.”

His eyes narrowed. Something else was at work here – there was no way that Pulse had forgotten him, and at any other time, he would have simply been ‘Terrorsaur’.

"Of course, your grace. Would you rather walk and talk or have me explain when we arrive at the city?"

“The city? The one that rose from beneath the waves. Yes… you will take me there. That is… where the army is gathering?”

“Yes. It is… a point of much curiosity,” Terrorsaur said, swallowing his regret at what he was about to say. “I… intend to wholly cooperate with the Faith. It brings me… great… pleasure to inform you that the treacherous Gali has been disposed of. I never assigned her any tasks… I suspected she was a Knight, and would work against our best interests.”

“She was always going to die,” Pulse said dismissively. “Her fate had been written by visions. But the army… once we have gathered them, you will join me as we return to the Ancient City. There you will meet Kulta… and you will join the Faith. I command you.”

“Of course, your grace.”

“Now, tell us more about the Knights. You are well-known as an acquaintance of Nato Greavesy. Tell us everything you know about him.”

“Tell us everything?” Terrorsaur asked, frowning. “Er… well, I know that Nato is indifferent to the Knights. After his jaunt through time, he informed me that he found Ekimu’s acts sickening. Unfortunately, as to his whereabouts and recent actions, I do not know. I do know that there are rumors of the Knights rising with the sunken city.”

“Knights at the sunken city?” Pulse asked, sounding shocked. “But your troops are gathering there… Lord Terrorsaur Rayne, I believe that your troops are plotting a coup against you. Perhaps a showing from us would quell this uprising?”

“I simply meant that the Knights were using the city as a symbol to rise out of hiding,” Terrorsaur said, making sure to sound shocked as well. “I… never considered that they might gather there! You are correct, we should go there at once.”

“Our home will not be tarnished by these Mask Makers and their Knights,” Pulse spat, his voice gaining a chilling, otherworldly quality to it. “We will show them the superiority of the Faith. We will show them how lost they truly are.”

To that, Terrorsaur could do nothing but follow.

-ICE REGION-

-EHKSIDIAN GLAICES-

IC: Ehks, Nato, Kopaka

While waiting for General Nato and Toa Kopaka to reappear, Ehksidian had busied herself with writing a few letters, before sending them off. Hopefully they would reach their intended recipients quickly. There was much she wished to discuss with ToaD, Purple, and Kelotu.

Well… ‘discuss’ might not be the right word, she thought, before shrugging it off.

A door slammed open behind her and she turned around in time to see Kopaka stepping through. Nato was behind him, wiping blood off the blade of his sword. There were no other traces of Sisyphus to be found, though the traitorous Turaga had clearly been taken care of… permanently.

“He admitted to it, then?” she asked.

“Not exactly,” Nato said, sheathing his sword. “He did a wonderful job of convincing me that he had gone around the bend, however.”

“Really.”

The Ice General smirked. “Indeed. Naturally, we mutually agreed on an… early retirement, so to speak. Said retirement included removing his head from his shoulders, but I’m sure our dear Ruler won’t mind.”

Something in Nato’s voice told her that his relationship with Lord FF was going poorly – but as it was not her responsibility to monitor them, she moved on. “So where to now?”

Nato was just about to reply when another Protector stumbled into the room, gasping for breath. “My lord, my lady! I… have news! Urgent news!”

“Spit it out then,” Nato snapped.

“Need you at the top,” the Protector said, leaning on the door itself to remain upright. “Skull Warriors, other things. Crustallus territories overrun. Received word from Crustallum and Rime, both under attack.”

“Skull Warriors?” Nato asked, eyes widening. “How many?”

The Protector shook their head. “No clue, sir. All three houses mentioned hundreds.”

Nato swore. “How did this happen? Kulta barely had a thousand of them!”

“Reports mentioned something in Stone… I mean Kamuk…” the Protector murmured, slumping to the floor. “By the ruins of Makuta City….”

The Protector’s eyes closed as he hit the floor, falling onto his side. Ehksidian frowned. “Is… he…?”

Kopaka crouched next to the Protector, obstructing her view for a few seconds before he shook his head and stood. “Merely passed out. Over-exertion.”

Nodding, she turned to Nato. “So, General… what do we do?”

-FIRE REGION-

-LORD BURNMAD AODH-

IC: Burnmad, Kulta, Smoke Monster

The Ruler of Fire frowned as he arrived at the cell, noticing the distinctly chilly temperature. The Skull Warrior’s eyes shone with a sinister intelligence that they typically lacked, and Smoke Monster looked to be on the verge of panic.

As he should be, Burnmad mused.

Ignoring Smoke Monster for the time being, Burnmad focused on the Skull Warrior, trying to determine their intentions on coming to Vakama City unannounced.

“It is to my shame that you think so little of my hospitality that you had to come unannounced and unseen,” he said at last, choosing his words carefully. “Nonetheless, you may be surprised to find that I am glad to see you here. To what do I owe the pleasure of receiving you?"

"Our regions are in combat as we speak, Lord Burnmad - and you resist the orders given by his grace. You will... forgive me if I do not expect hospitality,” the Skull Warrior said, speaking with a voice that Burnmad knew was not its own. It shrugged, glancing down at Smoke Monster before continuing, “I came to speak with Lord Smoke Monster. While no official order was given by the Faith for you to be killed, there is no need for pretending - your death would have been extremely useful to our cause. We wished to learn how and why he had failed, as well as to witness his execution... and perhaps, if it is possible, to open a negotiation with yourself afterward."

"The story of the attempt on my life is truly not very interesting. If I am being completely honest, I was only spared by sheer luck, as a good friend and comrade of mine appeared, guard in tow, and apprehended Smoke. Had he not, I'm certain I would have expired,” Burnmad said, resisting the urge to shrug while his eyes narrowed into a glare. “As for Pulse's decree: It is less than meaningless to me. The Fire Region has not been one to yield to demands from without.”

“Not yet,” Smoke Monster muttered.

“…nor, as I am sure you’ve noted in the millennia that your existence must have spanned,” Burnmad continued, suspecting that he was speaking with none other than Kulta, “has it been on the losing side of any conflict. Which is why I think we should take some time to discuss the possibility of Fire joining your cause willingly.”

"You would do well to give meaning to his grace's decree, or you might face your region's destruction," the Skull Warrior said, the threat evident in their voice. "If you do join our cause, you will accept the terms that his grace outlined - it will... provide you with a reason to prove your loyalty to the cause."

It waved its hand dismissively before he could respond. "Nonetheless, we digress. There is an execution to be dealt with first."

Burnmad laughed hoarsely, though there was no humor in the sound. For a moment, he toyed with the idea of striking the Skull Warrior down then and there; but, after a few seconds, he signalled with his left hand for his guards to pull Smoke Monster out of his cell. Two of them did so, dragging the Jungle General so that he was between Burnmad and the Skull Warrior.

"If I may," the Skull Warrior said, stepping closer, "I know you are weak. Perhaps I might be allowed to do the deed?"

The Fire Ruler resisted the urge to scowl at the insult, knowing it was true. Sighing, he nodded. “I've no particular inclination either way. Go ahead."

“Any last words?” the Skull Warrior asked, drawing its sword as the guards turned Smoke Monster away from it to face Burnmad.

The Jungle Protector’s eyes were wide and deranged – and as the grip of the guards slackened, he acted. Before anyone could respond, Smoke Monster yanked himself free of both guards and ripped a knife out of the armor covering his torso, blooding splattering out with it. Then, with unerring accuracy, he threw it through the air.

As if in slow motion, Burnmad watched the knife spiral towards him, even as the Skull Warrior stepped forward and impaled Smoke Monster on its sword, lifting the Jungle Protector into the air even as the knife buried itself in Burnmad’s throat.

Burnmad fell to his knees, grabbing weakly at the handle of the knife as the Skull Warrior pushed Smoke Monster off its blade. The Jungle Protector’s body collapsed to the floor, blood pooling underneath him, his unseeing eyes staring into Burnmad’s. The Fire Ruler choked, coughing up blood as he sank down further, balancing on his trembling hands and knees as the world slowly faded away.

Voices were yelling all around him, but he could not understand them. Hands clutched at him, but he could no longer feel him.

His eyes closed as his arms gave out, and he fell to the floor.

The last thing he knew was a harsh, sinister laugh, and the chill of death – no not death, something else – seeping into his bones.

-FIRE REGION-

-SIL AODH-

IC: Sil, Tahu, Quin (Battle), Toru (Reinforcements)

As Sil arrived at the Western Wall, he wasted no time in giving the soldiers their orders. With General Quin and his own forces already striking at the wall, there was no time to lose.

“I want coal dust poured into the first western wind that blows,” he shouted. “I want soldiers focused around the gates and at the top of the walls, focusing on tipping ladders, killing archers, and destroying siege engines! Use flaming arrows!”

“Yes sir!”

Sharing a nod with Tahu, Sil led the climb up to the top of the wall. Once they were at the top, he stepped to the edge of the parapet.

“Rollor help us.”

“I don’t think even Rollor can help with this,” Tahu said, scowling.

“That’s… what, five hundred Skull Warriors?”

“At least,” Tahu said. “I can’t take that many down. Not even with a nova blast.”

Frowning, Sil turned to the archers.

“NOCK!”

Nearly half of the Skull Warriors were marching forward, interspersed among Protectors of Stone in the first wave. Behind them, he could see General Quin prepping with the next wave, as the Stone General’s forces prepared ladders to mount the wall. Sil took a deep breath.

“LOOSE!”

Arrows of fire rained down on the enemy, but to Sil’s dismay, they had little impact. The Skull Warriors raised their shields, preventing many of the arrows from hitting their targets.

“Give us a wall of fire,” he ordered Tahu, before raising his voice again: “NOCK!”

A wall of fire erupted at the bottom of the Western Wall, blocking the enemy’s most direct route to them – but even Tahu could not block enough to do more than delay their foes.

“LOOSE!”

The battle continued that way for some time. Arrows of fire would rain down on the enemy, only to be blocked by the Skull Warriors. The Stone army would advance, but find themselves blocked off by Tahu, forcing them to re-maneuver. The air was still, and heavy, preventing the Fire Protectors from releasing the coal dust that they had gathered.

After an hour, the pattern was broken when one of the Protectors sprinted over, grabbing at both Tahu and Sil, gasping for breath. “Sirs! The horizon!”

Sil glanced up, away from the enemy forces down below, and swore.

“Toru Sevoi,” Tahu growled. “We do not have enough forces. General Quin has delayed a full-on assault, and that has bought us time – but with the Skull Warriors in play, this is not a battle we can win.”

“Send a messenger to Vakama City,” Sil ordered, turning to the Protector who had warned them. “Tell them to find Burnmad. We need more men to hold the wall.”

“Yes sir!”

Another soldier cried out, pointing down; Tahu cursed and launched a fireball, burning away the top third of a ladder that had just been erected. General Quin had taken advantage of their distraction, and the second wave of attackers was now moving in. The Toa of Fire shifted his attention to the Skull Warriors trying to scale the wall, launching unrelenting waves of fire at them.

“Tip the ladders!” the Toa yelled.

“Grab buckets! Dump oil on them!” one of the other soldiers, a Captain from House Ember called.

“Set the oil ablaze with your arrows,” Sil called, anticipating the plan. “I also need volunteers – Protectors willing to die to hold the Wall!”

Below them, the Wall shuddered as the first boulders were catapulted into it – though a quick inspection from some of the archers noted no damage. The Wall held strong. As the bombardment continued, and Tahu and the archers continued attempting to hold off the first wave, ten Protectors gathered around Sil.

“What do you need, General?” one asked.

Sil opened his mouth to protest, before thinking better of it. Dragonstar was missing, and Burnmad was not present – for all intents and purposes, he was in command now. “Each of you is to fill a pack with coal dust, and grab materials to set them ablaze. This is a suicide mission. I want you to go down and run straight at the enemy… and blow them sky high.”

The ten Protectors stared at him for several seconds. Just as doubt began to tickle in the back of his mind, however, they all nodded. “Yes sir. We would be honored.”

“LOOK OUT!” Tahu’s voice boomed over the cacophony of the battle.

As the ten bombers scrambled down to the ground to prepare, Sil pushed his way back over to the Toa of Fire, resisting the urge to flinch as a boulder passed barely a foot over the Toa’s head. “What is it?”

He received his answer in the form of a Stone Protector lunging over the parapet at him, only for Tahu to cut them down. All around them, Protectors of Stone were now scrambling onto the top of the Wall – the ladders were up, held in place by the Skull Warriors. Down below, the bodies of dozens of Stone Protectors littered the ground, covered in blood and muck.

Then, there was no time to look over the battlefield at all.

Sil found himself side by side with Tahu, hacking through the Stone Protectors atop the Wall – but their progress was too slow, and in such close quarters with their comrades, Tahu could not risk using his elemental powers. A few of the Skull Warriors had breached the top of the Wall as well, and each one was decimating every Fire Protector they came across.

The sounds of battle rose from the eastern side of the Wall – the enemy had reached the troops waiting down below.

“LOWER THE ROPES!”

Both Sil and Tahu turned at the sound of the voice – General Quin was glaring at them, flanked by four Skull Warriors. Despite his order carrying across the battle, however, no ropes were being lowered for his forces.

A second later, Sil grunted as he was tackled to the dirt by a Stone Protector that he swore he had killed less than a minute ago. Before he could throw them off, Tahu reached down and crushed the Stone Protector’s neck in one hand, lifting them up and tossing them away – only to then stagger under the sudden weight of three Fire Protectors.

Sil’s heart dropped, and a chill ran through him.

The Protector’s eyes were empty and dead, and each still bled from wounds that had killed them mere moments before. A hole through the chest, a gash in their neck….

Hands grabbed at his shoulders from behind, and whirling around in a blind panic, Sil hacked at his attacker’s head with his sword, until the body of another Fire Protector – this one missing everything from the waist down – finally slumped motionlessly to the ground. He grabbed at Tahu’s outstretched hand, the Toa having removed his own attackers, and pulled himself to his feet.

“What the Karz is going on?!” he asked.

Tahu’s face was grim as his eyes swept over both sides of the Wall. “I do not know – but the dead continue getting back up. They don’t seem aware of friend from foe… both sides appear to be under attack.”

Beneath them, the wall shuddered.

“The wall is cracking!” someone yelled.

Oh dear.

“Use fire!” Sil yelled, fighting to make himself heard. “Burn the Undead! Remove their heads!”

The words were barely out of his mouth before he found himself forced back to the edge of the Wall by two of the Undead, where the top of one of the ladders had been abandoned. He managed to knock one over the edge before beheading the other, as a stream of fire blew in front of him, incinerating three Skull Warriors and even more Undead.

He could hear the screams of burning Protectors inside, but said nothing.

At this point, he would settle for Tahu and him managing to get out of here on their own, let alone with all their surviving forces. Beneath him, the Wall shuddered again under the force of the catapults… and something else. Cracks spread beneath his feet, growing larger with each passing second.

His heart sank. The Wall was going to fall.

He heard explosions from behind and below, immediately followed by panicked shouts from the Stone and Earth Protectors below. He recognized the voice of Lord Toru Sevoi furiously shouting orders, and allowed himself a moment of satisfaction, knowing that the bombers had done their jobs.

The Wall shuddered again.

“General Sil!”

Sil glanced up at the sound of Tahu’s voice, and immediately clamped down on the panic rising as he saw how far apart they were. Fire and Stone Protectors alike were locked into combat between them, both living and dead – and behind Tahu, General Quin was advancing with his own squad of Skull Warriors and Protectors in tow.

“Look out!” he called, pointing at them.

As Tahu spun around to defend himself, Sil tightened his grip on his sword and waded into battle. With a furious cry, he took the heads off two Undead, hauling the Fire Protector they had been attacking back to his feet. The two shared a nod before advancing into the crowd, striking at the living and the dead. Flaming arrows rained down around them every few seconds, as the few Fire Region archers still alive and focused tried to strike the enemy down from afar – but their arrows were now just as dangerous for their comrades, and Sil witnessed more than one arrow doom a Protector of Fire as he fought his way to Tahu.

The Wall shuddered again, and next to him, a chunk of the parapet crumbled away.

Five of his soldiers now backed him as Sil struggled toward Tahu, no longer focusing on kills, but instead toppling the enemy, whether living or dead, onto the western side of the Wall. Up ahead, Tahu had eliminated all but one of the Skull Warriors, and only a few of the Stone Protectors attacking him – General Quin included – remained.

Tahu slew the Skull Warrior as Sil and his five soldiers reached them. Sil’s eyes locked onto Quin’s, the anger and hate in the Stone Protector’s eyes reflecting his own.

Behind them, the Wall exploded.

Chunks of stone flew in every direction, plowing through the armies on either side of the wall as a cloud of dust spewed into the air, obscuring everyone’s vision. Sil could hear Quin cursing from somewhere nearby but he dared not attack, in the risk of harming one of his own soldiers.

As the dust cleared, it revealed a massive hole in the ground where part of the Western Wall had once stood; two of Sil’s soldiers were gone, and he had no doubts that they had been standing on part of the collapsed Wall. As the battle continued chaotically on both sides of the gap, he and Tahu stared down at the hole in the ground with a horrified sense of fascination.

A hulking skeletal figure, clad in black and purple armor, with massive purple spikes growing out of its head, was climbing out. It held a massive battle-axe in each hand, each one the size of a Protector’s torso. Twin pinpricks of sinister red light shone in its empty eye sockets, locked on to Tahu.

The ground rumbled, and then from behind the skeletal figure, a horde of what Sil could only assume had once been Protectors burst out of the hole. But they couldn’t be Protectors… they couldn’t be. Almost all their flesh was gone, leaving bones and armor from ages past behind.

Whatever they were, they had been dead for a long time.

“…we need to fall back,” Tahu whispered, the Toa of Fire’s eyes wide, and filled with fear. “We can’t stop this.”

END EPISODE EIGHT.

Notes:

-I will not be looking at any PMs until tomorrow morning at the earliest.

-Makuta has awoken! Our Mask Maker count is now up to 4. It'll hit 5 pretty soon, but I imagine it'll fall quite drastically before the season ends....

-Assuming we have no more episodes being split in two, the Mask of Life will be completed during Episode 10.

-And finally...

EPISODE NINE STARTS NOW.

24 HOURS REMAIN.

• Upvote 6

“So, General… what do we do?”

Isn't it obvious? We go to war. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It's so bizarre seeing all of these characters following in the footsteps of the Season 1 heroes. Chloe summoned and discovered the Temple of Time, just as Pulse and I did. Vinheim awakened a Mask Maker, just as I helped do. Sil is fighting an impossible battle to prevent a numerically superior zombie army from getting over a wall, just as I did during the first Long Night. And so on. 

Truth be told, I likely would have approved of it, if I had been asked first, or even made aware of it. The fact I had to learn about it from someone else... yeah not pleased about that.

I need to apologize for not asking permission before claiming my character's mother was your season one character's sister.

I mishandled it and should of come to you before making the decision.

I am sorry for doing this and will respect your decision.

(I tried sending a pm but I don't think it sent my apology.)

• Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Makuta is alive, and seemingly sane? I have gained hope...

Originally neither the MOUP or Makuta was going to appear (well the former was, just not sentient)

But when the MOUP became a sentient force that could take over a player, Makuta got subbed in to serve as a spot of hope for the poor chap to put on the mask =P

• Upvote 4

Tex never rolled my roll to avoid dying

dead off screen

FAKE

NEWS

I cut off your head. You're not allowed to come back as a zombie. 

So, looks like Kulta's army just became a lot more terrifying. Especially if they managed to make Tahu fearful. 

And he hasn't even seen the skull scorpios...

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

A hulking skeletal figure, clad in black and purple armor, with massive purple spikes growing out of its head, was climbing out. It held a massive battle-axe in each hand, each one the size of a Protector’s torso. Twin pinpricks of sinister red light shone in its empty eye sockets, locked on to Tahu.

The ground rumbled, and then from behind the skeletal figure, a horde of what Sil could only assume had once been Protectors burst out of the hole. But they couldn’t be Protectors… they couldn’t be. Almost all their flesh was gone, leaving bones and armor from ages past behind.