after bionicle

Fry

Been makin' my own canon. With the amount of original material i have, I reckon I could write an independent book if I wanted. If only if I had the motivation for it. :P

Also a bunch of personal stuff I wont bother you with.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I've gotten into the  Bionicle fandom content on Tumblr- it's probably one of the best places for headcanons and amazing fanart, if you can learn to steer clear of the drama.

Other than that, Pokemon Go has eaten up far too much of my free time, though it's less interesting after you complete the pokedex.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Enjoying other themes I like such as Ninjago, Nexo Knights, and Elves. The advantage of liking more than one theme is that the cancellation of any single theme doesn't sting quite as much.

Of course, I've been doing more serious life things as well, like returning to college for my bachelor's degree. But Lego-wise, I'm not feeling too deprived even with Bionicle gone.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I've been primarily into other hobbies since 2008ish, though more because Lego sets are kind of pricey.  Namely, with me, it's writing, videogames, the occasional Lego expenditure (I mean, maybe more -- Nexo Knights seems kind of cool, and I like the Elves theme, not to mention Star Wars x.x;;;; ). But a lot of pursuing goals and everything in life itself, too. 

Otherwise, I have spent time RPing on here in the BZPRPG again. And RPing elsewhere, a lot of elsewhere's (Like 10 other websites, three other games, etc... )

Playing video games, collecting Lego Dimensions packs and playing with them, watching enjoying other themes, like Ninjago and Nexo Knights, buying Bionicle books that I don't have, talking about Bionicle to my friends in Instagram, making and telling jokes (I made a website that teaches people how to tell jokes, and I have a Facebook and Instragram pages to promote it) to entertain my friends, and studying in my college.

I make topics about Bionicle for how it can be used for imagination, like crossovers, combining with non-Bionicle characters, teaming up with them, fighting against them, and how to make a Cinematic Bionicle movie based on our image.:)

I also waiting for certain silver screen movies to come out, like The Lego Batman Movie.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I've gotten into the  Bionicle fandom content on Tumblr- it's probably one of the best places for headcanons and amazing fanart, if you can learn to steer clear of the drama.

Other than that, Pokemon Go has eaten up far too much of my free time, though it's less interesting after you complete the pokedex.

"""""The drama?""""" If you call a bunch of sjw 16 year olds arguing over nothing """drama""" then maybe

• Upvote 3

"""""The drama?""""" If you call a bunch of sjw 16 year olds arguing over nothing """drama""" then maybe

You have a good point. Real drama is more like what you get when trying to reason with people who use the term "SJW" unironically.

EDIT: Actually, the more I think about this the more inaccurate it seems. Like, the majority of the people in the Bionicle community whose Bionicle-related activity is shaped at least in part by social justice—the people I see on Tumblr who create headcanons about Bionicle characters' gender and sexuality, or who are unafraid to critique problematic aspects of Bionicle's story or marketing, are from my experience more likely to be older fans in their 20s and 30s. If anything, the ones I notice who are resistant to social justice ideas (or at least, to applying them to Bionicle) tend to be the younger ones who haven't yet weathered over a decade of debates, discussions, and controversies associated with the theme and its fandom. Perhaps it's just the company I keep as an older fan, but if these hypothetical "sjw 16 year olds" exist in the Bionicle tag they haven't exactly caught my attention.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 7

Continuing mostly how I went on during G2: Buying Superheroes and Star Wars sets, and the occasional Bionicle set, be it G2 or G1 (Ordered Pohatu Mata from Bricklink last week)

Also writing my own headcanons and AUs *shameless plug* Like Journey's End My Way in the Epics Forum!

Never use LEGO and Megabloks in the same build - Me.

I've been cooking and collecting all of 2004's Bionicle.

I misread this horribly at first glance and can't get the image of Toa Metru Soup out of my head.

You have a good point. Real drama is more like what you get when trying to reason with people who use the term "SJW" unironically.

EDIT: Actually, the more I think about this the more inaccurate it seems. Like, the majority of the people in the Bionicle community whose Bionicle-related activity is shaped at least in part by social justice—the people I see on Tumblr who create headcanons about Bionicle characters' gender and sexuality, or who are unafraid to critique problematic aspects of Bionicle's story or marketing, are from my experience more likely to be older fans in their 20s and 30s. If anything, the ones I notice who are resistant to social justice ideas (or at least, to applying them to Bionicle) tend to be the younger ones who haven't yet weathered over a decade of debates, discussions, and controversies associated with the theme and its fandom. Perhaps it's just the company I keep as an older fan, but if these hypothetical "sjw 16 year olds" exist in the Bionicle tag they haven't exactly caught my attention.

I think you're right in that the younger fans tend to be more rigidly conservative, and perhaps a bit more likely to get upset over certain headcanons, but I think the fandom generally understands that these kids are still figuring stuff out and politely ignore them. The main problem is when you get people actively spitting out hate speech, sending anon threats, deliberately trolling users with certain views, or having extremely vocal opinions on the use of strategically placed Nuva shoulders.

Still, if you know who to follow and who to block, you can definitely avoid the worst of it, and there are definitely good points as well. There's a lot of interaction between the RP and regular blogs, for example ("heckle the supervillain" is an especially fun trend), and getting headcanons passed around and expanded upon is always entertaining. The shipping side is also ridiculously relaxed, given that nothing is canon, therefore nobody has the high ground, and the art and MOCs are usually worth a look.

• Upvote 3

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Since Bionicle got canned again I've had much less incentive to buy new Lego. Heck, I'm not even sure when my last Bricklink order was. That said though, I'm still doing a lot of constraction MOCing, and modding the Nexo Knights battle suits may have gotten my System gears turning again, which is good as I have a pretty hefty hoarde of System at my disposal that I hadn't touched in nearly a year. I'm also on Discord pretty much every day with fellow MOCists nattering about what we and other people are doing, and I always have a MOC on my desk at work to keep me company. Today I've got a yet-to-be-revealed rebuild of '16 Ekimu, watching my bearded face get increasingly more sullen as the day progresses.

Otherwise though, I've been filling the Bionicle void somewhat with Gunpla. I'm less of a fan of Gundam itself as I am a fan of Gunpla, but I have watched the first seasons of Build Fighters and Iron Blooded Orphans, and also the first three The Origin films. After finishing IBO and BF I'll move onto the UC stuff, beginning with Mobile Suit Gundam. If its as heavy on the politics as The Origin felt like it was though, I can honestly see myself getting pretty bored pretty quickly. And much like with MOCing, I talk Gunpla and Gundam with new friends on Discord practically daily. It's interesting to see what those more invested in the hobby are doing.

I also now own about 80+ ties. I like ties.

Edited by Logan McOwen
  • Upvote 1

I've been cooking and collecting all of 2004's Bionicle.

The image of you putting the Toa Metru into a pot of boiling water just popped into my head. :P

EDIT: Just realized someone else already shared the same sentiment. Whoopsie...

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

I also now own about 80+ ties. I like ties.

That made me laugh. :lol: I like to collect cups. I got mugs, German beersteins or whatever they are called, and harkins cups.

CUPS

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Burning all the things.

In all seriousness, I snagged a PS2 in December, and started playing through Kingdom Hearts. Attempting to write an abridged series. Writing a RWBY fic. Needless to say, trying to balance all these and school means nothing gets done.

Also, working to build every background rahi in G1 that no one else bothered with. I managed the Electric Spider for QftT, but hit a brick wall with the Fikou Nui.

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

I've started watching a LOT more TV shows. Particularly the DC shows on CW. Arrow is probably my favorite, though Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow are good as well. I've also been keeping up with other shows that I watch, which includes Teen Wolf, Colony, Switched at Birth, Supernatural, Star Wars Rebels, Pokemon, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, and other shows I can't recall at the moment. 

And yes, I admit I do watch a lot of TV. I won't comment on if that's a good thing or not. :P

I've also been playing Super Mario Maker on the 3DS and replaying Super Metroid and Metroid: Other M on my Wii. I'm currently trying to 100% the former, as I have never done that before. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Also, working to build every background rahi in G1 that no one else bothered with. I managed the Electric Spider for QftT, but hit a brick wall with the Fikou Nui.

I didn't even know the Fikou had a Nui variant!  Where is it from?

I've been working on college stuff, trying to earn credits before I actually leave in the fall.  Other than that I've been daydreaming for Malkhar and gaming a lot.  Gen2 was fun while it lasted, but it's hard to mourn that which was so criminally under-developed in terms of story.  I've been thinking about going back and revising some of my (non-Bionicle) stories, too.  Seeing as those kept me busy while Gen1 was dead (and for most of Gen2 as well) I guess I'll just go back to them now.

One of these days I'll get a demo done, sometime...

• Upvote 1

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

• 2 weeks later...

After the cancellation i stopped using LEGO for a while, only playing a little bit with system sets after Christmas, until recently when i decided to grab out my LEGO box, and now I am: MOCing, making stories playing with my MOCs, (A Guard of the docks is infected and can't move one of his arms, so it is just limp and wobbles around, the infection slowly moves until the whole body is infected, and once it hits the brain, he will be dead, (ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ANY REAL VIRUS IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL ETC ETC) the Protectors (While it sounds like the G2 Turaga, in this universe they are essentially Toa.) have to deal with the outbreak while also defeating the villager who originally spead the virus, who wan-I'm gonna stop before you get bored and look away lol.) I planned to come back to BZP to look at some older MOCs but it seems my old thread was deleted so i will have to see if i have any backups around here.

I liked G2.  :o

Also known as:

Aguyinahat

Aleksyi

also i write some and do some art, bad at both though.

• 3 weeks later...

Since BIONICLE was the only LEGO thing I really cared about, the company is currently dead to me. I plan to get some old sets (from G1 I miss only the first Bohrok wave, a couple of McTorans and not much else) and that's pretty much it.
I still MOC sometimes and now that I think about it I need to bricklink UtD, the only G2 set that wasn't even sold in my country.

• 4 weeks later...

I never completely got into G2, but after G1 ended, I went even further into the Pokemon and Ben 10 fandom. Since Ben 10 died, that turned into Doctor Who. Also, in grad school now. 

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

Still following some Bionicle fan material and other Lego stuff.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Been makin' my own canon. With the amount of original material i have, I reckon I could write an independent book if I wanted. If only if I had the motivation for it. :P

Hey don't forget about me, I helped. (but mostly you since I'm the art-y dude, and you're the write-y dude)

In any case, I too have been working on said canon with Iaredios, but mostly on my own stuff in Bota Magna and elsewhere.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

loooool this sounds stupid and fun. Any recommendations for good Bionicle accounts to follow? I've been thinking about getting a tumblr.

Aside from that, I've been mostly just working on my epic. And also farting a lot. Ever tried Fiber One bars? Don't. Your roommates will hate you.

K29vRpU.jpg

REVIEW TOPIC

I still feel like BIONICLE's been dead for seven years. I barely remember G2.

I wish I still bought more sets on eBay and Bricklink, but college has been taking most of my money. I still intend on completing my collection post-college. In particular, I'm deadest on completing my Protodermic Kanohi Nuva and Great Disk collection. I have two Protodermic Kanohi Nuva and three Great Disks at the moment.

I still buy an occasional $10 set. Whenever I go to Target, I generally always get either a polybag or Collectible Minifigure. I got the weird seafood guy from The LEGO Batman Movie last night.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!