What happened to the Elemental Blades & the Ultra Dragon?

Zeb

At the end of Season 2, we can clearly see the elemental blades are still in the ninjas' possession. (They do disappear off their backs in some scenes, but they come back during the final shot.) The Ultra Dragon is also there, and clearly not dead or anything.

Then at the start of Season 3, the ninja are wishing they still had their powers... so... where did the Elemental Blades go? Did they destroy them? Hide them? Did Ronin steal them or something? What happened to them?

And what about the Ultra Dragon? One of the students of Sensei Wu's Academy mentions it, and the way that he & Cole talk about it seems to imply that it is both still alive and still in the ninjas' possession. So where did it go?

It's been a while since I saw season 3, but as far as I can remember, the Elemental Blades & Ultra Dragon are never heard of again, and no explanation is ever given as to what happened to them. It's obvious there's a time gap between season 2 & season 3, and it is certainly plausible that the ninjas simply destroyed the Elemental Blades during this time. But that doesn't explain the missing Ultra Dragon.

Any ideas or theories? Have I missed or forgotten something? Has anyone asked the writers about this... particularly the Ultra Dragon?

NINJA EDIT: Oh... I guess I should have done this before posting this topic, but apparently someone DID ask about the Ultra Dragon... https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/790868102946951169

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

The Elemental Blades disappeared because LEGO needed a new set of collectibles to tie in to the story. 

They were lost to the dark powers of Plot Convenience.

Honestly, there was never an in-story explanation for their disappearance. It's speculated that Wu hid them for safekeeping, possibly returning them to the Temple of Light. Or they might have been destroyed to keep them from falling into the wrong hands, since the ninja were trying to live ordinary civilian lives at that point.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

According to the Hall of Villainy section at the Ninjago website-assuming you can take anything like that as a reliable source-the Ninja "disposed of" their Elemental Blades after they returned to Ninjago Island (see below link). They were then apparently recovered by a "super fan" who went through Wu's trash and used to start up a Ninja Museum to rival the Ninjago Museum of History.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/ninjago/virtualtour

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge