The Sixteen (Fourteen?) Realms

Wiriamu

My but this forum is light on topics.

So if my calculations are correct, as of the Day of the Departed special eight of the Ninjago series' Sixteen Realms have been identified:

• Ninjago
  • The Underworld
  • The Dark Realm (where Lord Garmadon got his extra arms)
  • The Cursed Realm (destroyed)
  • Cloud Kingdom
  • Chima
  • Djinnjago (destroyed)
  • The Departed Realm

As a result, there are eight realms that are as yet unaccounted for, though of course we may see more as the Hageman brothers see fit to use them as a plot device. Until we do, however, there's plenty of speculation to be made as to what the remaining eight realms might consist of. Personally, based on my own preferences and my assessments of Lego in general, I could see the following:

• Knighton-Nexo Knights seems to have replaced Chima, so it would make sense that it would have it's own realm.
  • DC Super Heroes-whether or not Super Hero Girls would be included or be it's own separate thing is up for debate.
  • Marvel Super Heroes
  • Star Wars-goes without saying that, as one of Lego's most popular and expansive themes, it would get it's own realm.
  • Middle Earth-what with two video games (not counting Dimensions) and numerous sets, it seems like it would have one.
  • Harry Potter-again, Lego's done a lot with it.
  • Elvendale/Heartlake City World-given their similar minifigure types, it would make sense for them to share a world.
  • Disney

Given the season one reference to Clutch Powers, I would imagine that the Lego City theme fits into Ninjago, along with the likes of Lego Atlantis. Any other themes would probably be bunched in with these realms or else could be described as additional ones beyond the "cluster" if you will of sixteen that includes Ninjago. Of course, the loss of two realms does also open it up to where there could be space for an additional two to fill the void.

Edited by Wiriamu

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I'd leave out licensed themes, as those like Marvel and DC tend to have their own multiverses, and adding them to the list of Realms would be far too confusing.

City could be another realm, but I tend to think that it exists in the same world, on the same planet, since Cole once referenced Clutch Powers, and he's from LEGO City (World City). If it is the same planet, and they fall into the same canon, then that means that all the Space themes are present, all the Knights/Castle themes exist on the planet Ashlar, and so on and so forth.

Nexo Knights is an odd theme, and belongs to Castle, City, and Space, and so it would need its own category. NK is a good candidate for its own Realm.

The Elves theme has a character that travels from the normal world to the magical realm of the Elves, so I'd say that Elves is another good candidate. The character, Emily, could travel there from the Friends universe, and since the characters from Friends don't look like normal Minifigs, I'd bet they hail from a separate Realm, as well.

So, that's three right there. Nexo Knights, Friends, and Elves.

Mixels could be another Realm. 

Atlantis, only because the heroes had to transport themselves there using a portal. The story of the first wave would have existed in the Prime dimension, though, since the characters seem to hail from LEGO City.

Pirates could be one, since Nadakhan seemed to travel across dimensions to gather his crew, and where better to collect a rag-tag band of scallywags than a Pirate world?

The only other ones I can think of that might qualify are Exo Force and Hero Factory.

That's:

1. Nexo Knights
  2. Friends
  3. Elves
  4. Pirates
  5. Mixels
  6. Atlantis
  7. Exo Force
  8. Hero Factory

Sounds like a good bunch to me. Unless Clutch Powers was able to traverse Realms to get to Ninjago. IF that's the case, then City can replace one of those last three.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Yeah, I'll second the notion that licensed themes do not belong in the list of realms. On top of that, there's no reason to assume that all or even most of the remaining realms are entirely separate themes—after all, the vast majority of the confirmed realms (Cursed Realm, Djinnjago, Underworld, etc.) are specific to the Ninjago theme.

In terms of the potential for other realms based on separate themes, I'd consider Nexo Knights the most likely, given its current relevance as well as a lot of its shared DNA with Ninjago.

As much of a fan of Lego Elves as I am, I don't know whether Elvendale (or Heartlake City, for that matter) make sense as realms in the Ninjago multiverse. All of the other realms we have seen (including Chima) still use standard "minifigures" by default, while both Elves and Friends tend to use the mini-dolls as stand-ins for more realistic character designs (like most licensed themes, or Exo-Force)

Not going to read into the Clutch Powers reference as that was largely a throwaway gag and its separate setting and crossover system makes it a complicated inclusion. The same goes for The Lego Movie or most of the properties from Lego Dimensions—separate crossovers with their own internal rules that are not consistent with one another are generally best treated as independent, or else you get into some confusing and contradictory territory.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

What, no Bionicle? :D

Honestly, the idea of a CCBS Realm is a bit weird, but I suppose it's possible.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

• 1 month later...

I would go with Nexo Knights because in one or two Season 1 episodes in its TV show, characters call their world a "realm" (a keyword to Ninjago). Clutch Powers/Lego City could be possible because Cole mentioned him in a Ninjago episode where the Ninjago and Serpentine fight for the Blade Cup. I think Friends, Elves, Mixels, Hero Factory, Bionicle, and Atlantis are possibilities, too. So, that's 8 worlds I listed. 

Anyone want a Ninjago storyline where the Ninja would have to visit from all the Realms and learn from there while trying to save them from evil forces? It would be cool if that could happen. I would like the Ninja to team up with the Realms' heroes, too. It would be like a mix of the Avengers movies, Lego Dimensions and Thor: The Dark World movie in 2013. Just my idea.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

• 2 months later...

So in one of the recent episodes it was pointed out to me that Cole makes clear nods to the Alien Invasion City theme and to Lego Elves-any thoughts on what this means for their chances as candidates for Sixteen Realms slots?

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs