Wished for Sets/Alternate Models

Wiriamu

Bionicle was a big series with quite a few sets and alternate models between it's two runs, but there were a good number of characters who never received an official set form. Granted, this has allowed for the creation of numerous wondrous MOCs, a tradition that continues to this day. But I'm sure we can all agree that there are at least a few characters that it would have been great to see in some kind of official set form, especially given the fact that many of them had masks that were never released as products and in most cases were never even depicted visually. Among the ones I wouldn't have minded seeing are the following:

Sets

• The Shadow Toa Mata-sure, they would probably just be the original Toa Mata sets cast in black or other dark colors, but they still would have been cool.
  • Tohunga/"Mctoran"-they may have been super basic, but there was a definite charm to those little guys. I for one wouldn't say no to Teridax's Matoran form, Kopeke, Tamaru, and Ahkmou (Black Rau). Takua, Midak, Kapura, Hahli, Taipu,and Kotu would be kinda cool too.
  • Kolhii Matoran-I kinda found it sad that only eight Matoran got 2003 redesigns; it would have been nice to get Kongu, Tamaru, Onepu, and Taipu, and maybe Kapura and Nuparu for good measure.
  • The Toa Mangai-granted, there are ten of these guys who never got sets of their Toa forms, and a few of them have been identified as having preexisting masks. But I figure that Tuyet, Nidhiki, the Toa of Jungle, and maybe even Naho could do with their own sets at least, if not the other six as well.
  • Bionicle Hunters-a thought of mine that involves wanting a complete set of Hagah and figuring that, if Lego would have to release them as a set of six, you could include a couple other characters in place of Norik and Iruini. This could be an alternative place for Toa Nidhiki, and possibly a Lariska set. Failing Lariska, you could always create a Dume set so that we could finally have the sets Norik and Iruini were originally envisioned as.
  • Additional Toa-Nikila, Varian, etc.; mostly aimed at those with unique elements or masks-and perhaps some Order of Mata Nui members?
  • Titans-while I kind of like to envision Pre-Pit Karzahni as Shadow Titan Makuta of G2, it would have been cool to get an actual set of his non-mutated form with a real Olisi. While we're on that subject, I know I'm not the only one who wishes we could have gotten an Artakha set with the G1 Mask of Creation. It would also have been cool to get some Makuta in non-Karda Nui forms besides the original bad guy himself, such as a Mask of Scavenging sporting Icarax or a humanoid Miserix. I'd also imagine that Marendar would probably have been a Titan set if we'd gotten one.
  • The Great Beings?
  • Axato and Mask Hoarder-one of the few ideas I've had for an actual additional set for G2, featuring the book-only Skull Raider and Makuta, but not as seen in the online animations or Journey to One: this one is inspired by concept art in which Makuta had silver armor rather than gold. I think it would have been a nice touch, and maybe even an opportunity to include more masks.

Alternate Models

• 2004 Matoran Nui-the concept was kinda cool, and it's sad that we never actually got to see it.
  • Tunneler-an alternate model, probably constructed from Lhikan and Kikanalo.
  • Vahki Transport-sort of a Vahki Nui: the vehicle created by combining pieces from all six Vahki.
  • Kingdom Teridax-the guy was supposed to be a combiner model of all the 2008 Makuta; how amazing would that have been in actual set form?
  • The Element Lords
  • Orde, Chiara, and Zaria-seems to me that you could have made these guys as combo models of existing sets, particularly as Chiara apparently has a Volitak. It would also have been neat to get other alternate Toa, such as members of Jovan, Lesovikk, or Lhikan's original teams.

Those are just my thoughts on the matter. Feel free to post your own or express your feelings on mine.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I don't see much point in "wishing" for alternate models, I mean, just build 'em yourself.

As for sets, I want to see Matoran of the 2003 body-type from the two missing elements that got glossed over, a Fohrok set (because you can never have enough Bohrok. No, 12 are not enough), and above all else, more Rahi. Much much more Rahi. Give me three arks worth of biomechanical animal things with pistons, treads, wheels, gears and all that. Turn every Rahi ever mentioned in the canon into a set! Invent more! Make small ones! Big ones! Medium sized ones! Aerial, subterranean, aquatic, everything! 

Also, Tren Krom /thread

:kakama:

Edited by Pohaturon
  • Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm have all Kanohi Masks including:

-Pamatae, Mask of Clairvoyance

-Sakron, Mask of Emulation

-Krodan, Mask of Growth

-Zilor, Mask of Rahi Control

-Nihanga, Mask of Charisma

-Tepan, Mask of Psychometry

-Taea, Mask of Possibilities

-Pungao, Mask of Elemental Energy

-Iraketanga, Mask of Mutation

-Tikanka, Mask of Sensory Aptitude

-Rapah, Mask of Elasticity

-Halehki, Mask of Healing

-Taputu, Mask of Mechanics

-Pirau, Mask of Deanimation

-Mask of Multiple Furious Horns

-Mask of Blazing

-Mask of Inferno

-Mask of Technologies

-Mask of Climbing Vision

-Mask of Undersea Diving

-Mask of Dashing

-Mask of Air Breathing

-Mask of Fighting

-Mask of Targeting

-Mask of Aqua Vision

-Mask of Combating

-Mask of Flighting

-Mask of Monstrous

-Mask of Protecting

-Mask of Plasma

Was created by Artakha (Being), for BIONICLEsector01.

I'm have all Kanohi Masks including:

-Pamatae, Mask of Clairvoyance

-Sakron, Mask of Emulation

-Krodan, Mask of Growth

-Zilor, Mask of Rahi Control

-Nihanga, Mask of Charisma

-Tepan, Mask of Psychometry

-Taea, Mask of Possibilities

-Pungao, Mask of Elemental Energy

-Iraketanga, Mask of Mutation

-Tikanka, Mask of Sensory Aptitude

-Rapah, Mask of Elasticity

-Halehki, Mask of Healing

-Taputu, Mask of Mechanics

-Pirau, Mask of Deanimation

-Mask of Multiple Furious Horns

-Mask of Blazing

-Mask of Inferno

-Mask of Technologies

-Mask of Climbing Vision

-Mask of Undersea Diving

-Mask of Dashing

-Mask of Air Breathing

-Mask of Fighting

-Mask of Targeting

-Mask of Aqua Vision

-Mask of Combating

-Mask of Flighting

-Mask of Monstrous

-Mask of Protecting

-Mask of Plasma

Was created by Artakha (Being), for BIONICLEsector01.

Yeah, yeah. Good for you having a list of mainly nonexistent masks.

I heard a dark Toa Ahkmou was planned, but scrapped. He would be quite an interesting set though.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

I heard a dark Toa Ahkmou was planned, but scrapped. He would be quite an interesting set though.

Oh, I remember that. It was in 2008, but the ended up making dark Takanuva instead. I like how they tied it into the story, with Takanuva's Shadow Leech being intended for Ahkmou.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Oh, I remember that. It was in 2008, but the ended up making dark Takanuva instead. I like how they tied it into the story, with Takanuva's Shadow Leech being intended for Ahkmou.

Yeah, it's kind of a pity that it didn't play out; it would have been cool if Ahkmou had appeared as a Shadow Toa.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Yeah, it's kind of a pity that it didn't play out; it would have been cool if Ahkmou had appeared as a Shadow Toa.

True, but at the same time, I see why they went with Takanuva, being a more iconic character and being a former Av-Matoran to go along with the Kardatoran sets.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

True, but at the same time, I see why they went with Takanuva, being a more iconic character and being a former Av-Matoran to go along with the Kardatoran sets.

Yeah...a pity we couldn't have gotten both. I would have preferred Shadow Toa Ahkmou over Mutran-Chirox could have filled his role easily enough-or Mazeka.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs