Missing Minifigures

Wiriamu

So I don't know about anyone else, but I've long been rather disappointed by the fact that there are nonphysical Lego minifigures-you know, minifigures that only appear in video games, cartoons, graphic novels, and so forth. It seems like Lego could find some way of producing them; alas, we can only dream. Among such minifigures that I would love to see brought to life are the following:

The Hobbit/The Lord of the Rings

• Sauron-armored and/or fiery forms as seen in the video games.
  • Denethor
  • The Witch-King-with helmet
  • Eowyn
  • Gothmog
  • Faramir
  • Bolg
  • Thror
  • Easterling
  • Citadel Guard
  • Tom Bombadil
  • Gil-galad
  • Elendil

Star Wars

• Seventh Sister Inquisitor
  • Dexster Jettster
  • Watt Tambor
  • Tion Medon
  • Sidon Ithano
  • Bail Organa
  • Snoke (maybe as a giant-sized one?)
  • Adi Gallia
  • Boss Nass
  • Admiral Statura

Harry Potter

• Aberforth Dumbledore
  • Grindelwald
  • Tonks
  • Barty Crouch (Sr. and Jr.)
  • James Potter
  • Lily Potter
  • The Ghosts
  • Regulus Black

Ninjago

• The First Spinjitzu Master
  • Ronin's minions (from Shadow of Ronin)
  • Seliel (graphic novel character)
  • Time Ninja (graphic novel character)
  • Cliff Gordon
  • Cardinsto (graphic novel character)
  • Ed and Edna
  • Gahrann the Dreamer (graphic novel character)
  • Dr. Julien
  • Lar (Graphic novel character)
  • Selma

But those are just my picks.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I mean, the big things is with non-physical adaptions is you need ways to round out scenes and fill in character holes, so of course there's gonna be loads more characters that we don't get. Some are kinda frustratingly absent (no Boss Nass or Seventh Sister, eg), but I usually feel like LEGO deserves a pass. Look at the LEGO Marvel games; there are some incredibly deep cuts there that we definitely aren't getting as minifigs.

• Upvote 1

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I mean, the big things is with non-physical adaptions is you need ways to round out scenes and fill in character holes, so of course there's gonna be loads more characters that we don't get. Some are kinda frustratingly absent (no Boss Nass or Seventh Sister, eg), but I usually feel like LEGO deserves a pass. Look at the LEGO Marvel games; there are some incredibly deep cuts there that we definitely aren't getting as minifigs.

This is certainly true to some extent, but it doesn't really cover all the instances mentioned. Some of these guys are fairly minor, yes--but plenty of others, eg. Faramir, Eowyn, and Bolg, are pretty darn important to their narratives. I myself am still a little miffed that we never got those three. Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

This is certainly true to some extent, but it doesn't really cover all the instances mentioned. Some of these guys are fairly minor, yes--but plenty of others, eg. Faramir, Eowyn, and Bolg, are pretty darn important to their narratives. I myself am still a little miffed that we never got those three.

Oh my god, we never did get Faramir or Eowyn figures. I wasn't buying a lot of LEGO while LEGO LoTR was a thing, so I missed all of it (*sob*). Faramir is bad, but not having Eowyn is basically unforgivable. 

Edited by Ta-metru_defender

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Seriously though, it's not just the amount we're missing but WHO we're missing. Faramir, Eowyn, Bolg-even a set piece for the Witch-King's helmet would have been nice. Of course, you could kill a lot of birds with the same stone if you did a Battle of Pelennor Fields set: then you'd get the Witch-King, Eowyn, Rohirrim Merry, Gondor Pippin, and maybe even Faramir if you took a bit of artistic license, which Lego certainly isn't shy of doing. Bolg would be a bit harder to do, although I suppose you could always have an attack on Laketown and include Bard's daughters in the bargain; or, perhaps with another bit of artistic license, do the Battle of Azanulzibar with Bolg among Azog's forces and get young Balin, Dwalin, Thorin, Thror, and Thrain in the bargain.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge