The Visions of Thasos - Review Topic

The Hip Historian Iaredios

visions_of_thasos_review_topic_banner.pn

line.gif

>return_to_the_visions...png<

This is the review topic for A Rude Awakening: The Visions of Thasos, as recorded by Iaredios. Use this topic to comment on the stories and histories on this concept project. Background information will also be included on this post and throughout this topic.

This is a collection of stories and histories (narrative and non-narrative) from the A Rude Awakening universe that I created, which a main part of the project is to redo the history of the Spherus Magna but using Lego's canon as a rough guide. The contents and subjects of the topic falls under in-universe collection called The Visions of Thasos, as recorded by Iaredios. These were visions given in the modern post-Battle of Bara Magna period to Thasos the barbarian fisherman from Ketoteir (an island or island-chain west of Tajun on the opposite side of the Sea of Liquid Sand) who is of great renown. He encountered the Celestial Monster simply dubbed the Runed Salamander when he got thrown overboard in his personal war against the sea, the ancient god having emerged from the Sea of Liquid Sand's brine base and gave visions to Thasos to shed light to a changing and ignorant world, forgotten histories given with a single touch, and saved his life.  Iaredios is a historian who resides in Tajun, and who met Thasos, and as he is literate Iaredios recorded that which Thasos was enlightened with and served a vessel of information that had to be released soon lest he fell to insanity. Thasos did not have all these visions at once but would have them periodically and then describe everything in detail to him as they happened until his mission was fulfilled. His account has angered the temple orders and sacred bands that make up the Kult of Heroes (they worship their divinated heroes like Kertavus, Lhikan, and Th'hrashis), who hold that Time began with the Rise of the Gods of Knowledge (the Great Beings) and have carried traditions of history (such as Greani coming after the Great Beings).

This series holds no particular order and the stories and histories will skip around in the bounds of the Mythic Times, which stretches from before recorded history up to the beginning of the Great Being Golden Age, or Paradise as Agori Hero Kultists and Matoran will say. Some of the stories and/or histories will deal with the man known as Greani Ateir, but will not be restricted to that. Here is a rough chart for this.

spherus_magna_timescale.pngIf you notice, the time given for Primeval History is not settled, and may be prone to change.

And here is an incomplete map that only has water and coasts as features. It will be colored and detailed further at a later date, and will be prone to geographic updates or plain edits:

colored_spherus_magna_map_unfinished_5.p

The in-universe partner collection is called The Revelations of Mata Nui, as recorded by Tarduk. These cover the history of the Age of the Great Beings and might be given their own topic if my interest rises. I have yet to decide if a collection for tales set after the shattering would have their own topic collection or not, but if so these will be called simply Modern History or variants of such, or be split between Post-Shattering and Post-Melding periods. Thasos is a man worthy of note himself and so in the chapters between visions he may give stories about himself or his people of Ketoteir. I must also note here that many of the Greek-inspired names are probably not used by the contemporary subjects they pertain to, that influence belongs to the modern Nealites, so we can assume that they are just translations from older languages into a more modern one. A Wiki is currently in production to better organize information if you need it. Please send all questions to either the review topic or PM me.

Some bits of the lore listed under the period covered by the Visions of Thasos was aided to me by BZPower member Toa Imrukii. Thanks for the help dude. And i have to put a disclaimer, this is PG-13. It is probably Rated R unfiltered, but I have edited much of the wording so it should be hopefully be enough to warrant passing the PG-13 rating. There are some things that cannot be changed in meaning but I hope allusions are enough to not warrant action. If something should be reworded Staff members, please let me know.

I hope you enjoy the contents here. :)

Edited by Iaredios the Desert Dude
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously, no one has responded to any of this. Waddup wit dat?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Seriously, no one has responded to any of this. Waddup wit dat?

Truly, not a whole lot has happened in the story. Sailor meets a monster, gives him visions, I skip over an adventure that will be explored later, he goes into enemy city, forces a chronicler to write story from mythic history, discuss theology from their spiritual traditions, go to bed, eat/prepare breakfast, forces chronicler to write more stuff. I will continue the Epic in a little bit, I am currently preoccupied with unrelated research.

Perhaps when more happens people will comment? The departure of matoran universe characters and references being the forefront might be a factor for people's possible hesitance to be immersed, as well as changes made to flesh out Spherus Magna. Either way, it is fine, time will tell if it worthy of discussion from other people.

Edited by Iaredios the Desert Dude

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

I've only just read the first chapter and the review topic, but I can already tell you've put a lot of work into this. I'm not really good at reviewing things, but I will say that there's definitely a different tone here than most stories. This feels older somehow, like the world is truly ancient. Also, your production value is pretty impressive. I'm a sucker for all those banners and maps.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 2

K29vRpU.jpg

REVIEW TOPIC

I've only just read the first chapter and the review topic, but I can already tell you've put a lot of work into this. I'm not really good at reviewing things, but I will say that there's definitely a different tone here than most stories. This feels older somehow, like the world is truly ancient. Also, your production value is pretty impressive. I'm a sucker for all those banners and maps.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one. Keep up the good work!

I really do appreciate this.

The lore development was a specific enjoyment of mine to undertake over the past year, and I am glad my goal has been achieved! Toa Imrukii helped, and a future story that might be covered in this epic or in a separate epic/short story was inspired by an outline given to me by Ghidora (the ancient character Nijil'kar). The details of the map have also been worked on for a while now, and I actually need to update it to show small edits/additions (change of location for Asoro-Koro and Konisk, and added names). And all those banners: I love making those, I thought they would make it all look more inviting. :P

I've been on a hiatus for about 10 days but I have recently begun writing again, so thank you, I will keep it up!

If you have a story or outline or something you feel might be compatible with this universe, feel free to PM it or post it in the ARA topic for me to review. There will most likely be edits to make it more compatible but I run them by you so that they wont be too far from what you wanted.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png