Your LEGO Video Game

Wiriamu

The title basically says it like it is: what would you like to see in a new LEGO videogame, whether based on a theme that hasn't yet received a game or full game of its own or on a theme that exists only in your fondest dreams.

Apart from the lamented Lego The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies expansion pack/DLC/whatever, tops on my list would probably be a little something I like to call Lego Star Wars: Rebels and Rogues. If you couldn't guess from the title, it would be based both on the Star Wars Rebels animated series and the Rogue One film, with some appropriate elements from other branches of the franchise thrown in for good measure. Personally, I'm not the hugest fan of Lego Star Wars videogames that have come out previously-some of the stuff they included showed poor taste in my opinion, and not just in terms of Lego's over the top slapstick-but my love of both Lego and Star Wars has me hoping for something better. Seeing the casts of Rebels and Rogue One strutting their stuff in Lego form would be just the sort of thing I'd be looking for.

If we want to talk themes that don't yet exist, I would have to throw in two cents for a Lego Voltron theme and accompanying game. I'm a fan of most of what's been going on in the new Legendary Defender series, but as it's still fairly new you'd probably want to incorporate it into a game that adapted other elements of the franchise as well.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Have you ever played Ace of Spades?  Think Minecraft with guns.  Every bullet and explosion takes out pieces of the map, and you can quickly put up structures to replace the pieces of the map that are falling apart.  I'd like to see a mod that does something of the same thing with Lego Worlds.  Turn on a first-person camera angle, have a few basic weapons (shotgun, rifle, SMG, grenades), and let your shots destroy and remake the map at will.  You could save LDD models as structures you can quickly build, as long as they're, say, fifteen pieces or less.

Another mod I'd love for LW: parkour.  Build a race course and then run through it, bouncing off walls and stuff.  Include physics to handle slopes on walls and floors, as well as maintaining momentum.  Antennas could be placed as poles you can grab and swing on, like Mirror's Edge, or rails to grind on like Sonic games.  Curved tubes and pipes could accomplish the same.  Add parts to act as speed boosters or trampolines.

Of course I'd love a new Bionicle game whenever Gen3 rolls around.

Last but not least: Lego Racers 3/Drome Racers 2.  Build your own cars then race them in some sort of online multiplayer.  Have all sorts of wild environments, from Mars to the Arctic, rainforests, deserts, maybe even undersea and underground worlds.  Again, this could be a Lego Worlds mod or it could be its own standalone game.  I just want Lego Racers with multiplayer other than split-screen.  And the Drome Racers were awesome, why not revive them?

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

I'd love if there were some sort of action, adventure, or role-playing game for Lego Elves, instead of just the puzzle app we've gotten (not that it's bad, but I'd love something a little more involved).

Similarly, the Nexo Knights app is pretty good for what it is, but I can't help but think that the characters would also be incredibly well suited for a turn-based strategy RPG like Fire Emblem.

Other than that I don't currently have a ton of ideas apart from games based on retired or non-existent themes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think it would be neat if some of the franchises featured in Lego Dimensions got their own stand-alone Lego video game. Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Portal, Doctor Who, just to name some of the most popular ones. On that subject, I think the Lego Batman Movie deserves an entire video game of it's own, rather than just an additional pack to Lego Dimensions.

• Upvote 1

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

I think it would be neat if some of the franchises featured in Lego Dimensions got their own stand-alone Lego video game. Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Portal, Doctor Who, just to name some of the most popular ones. On that subject, I think the Lego Batman Movie deserves an entire video game of it's own, rather than just an additional pack to Lego Dimensions.

Yeah, I remember thinking that a Doctor Who game would be pretty sick as well, with the TARDIS control room serving as a sort of hub like Diagon Alley does in the Lego Harry Potter games. There would be plenty of material to work with, though I'd probably be more interested in the classic series adaptations than those of the resuscitated franchise. Lego Batman could be interesting, more so if they were to do like Lego Dimensions and use it as an excuse to release even more minifigures not featured in the movie sets...like SAURON.

Other than that I don't currently have a ton of ideas apart from games based on retired or non-existent themes.

And what's wrong with that? Anything goes, man.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

• 3 weeks later...

Last but not least: Lego Racers 3/Drome Racers 2.  Build your own cars then race them in some sort of online multiplayer.  Have all sorts of wild environments, from Mars to the Arctic, rainforests, deserts, maybe even undersea and underground worlds.  Again, this could be a Lego Worlds mod or it could be its own standalone game.  I just want Lego Racers with multiplayer other than split-screen.  And the Drome Racers were awesome, why not revive them?

I adored the lore behind the Drome Racers. So cool. A new racing game would be really dope, especially because now it'd be easier to have customizable cars that affect stats and all that.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I adored the lore behind the Drome Racers. So cool. A new racing game would be really dope, especially because now it'd be easier to have customizable cars that affect stats and all that.

As cool as the Drome Racers lore might have been, I don't know whether it was all that effective at actually making people buy the products. 2002 to 2004 was not a successful period for the LEGO Group, or for many LEGO themes besides Bionicle. That might also be part of why we haven't really had another globetrotting adventure theme like Orient Expedition — it's another theme that was cool in concept, but never successful.

As cool as the Drome Racers lore might have been, I don't know whether it was all that effective at actually making people buy the products. 2002 to 2004 was not a successful period for the LEGO Group, or for many LEGO themes besides Bionicle. That might also be part of why we haven't really had another globetrotting adventure theme like Orient Expedition — it's another theme that was cool in concept, but never successful.

I only had, like, three of the Racers sets... but I played the crud outta Drome Racing when I had internet.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Drome Racers wasn't well received by the public. I think that last racer I picked up might be the least I've ever paid for a set - it was in a "free or trash" bin. I guess we could try to get someone to pay me to take a set off their hands, so that set wouldn't have that distinction anymore...

I find that I'm more interested in tools than games. I liked the Creator games. Digital Designer was pretty good. It would be nice if they made it easier to build larger Worlds, or even an entire Universe, so you could basically live your Life inside of the game...