RWBY Crescent Rose Remake

• Upvote 4

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

Holy cow, that thing's a monster!  I did a version of Crescent Rose a while back, albeit simpler and on a much smaller scale... how does the unfolding work?  Does it all unfold when you extend the handle, or do you have to pull open some of the pieces by hand?  That clockwork handle is genius, my friend.  I love it.  Even though it'd probably make all of my current MOCs fall over holding it.  Including the tank I have built right now =P

Would you consider doing any of the other characters' weapons as well?  I have some ideas on Qrow's scythe-sword and Yang's gauntlets, but now I'm not sure if I should bother putting them up =P  Seriously though, I wonder how they'd come out in your style, seeing this.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

While this is much, much bulkier than the version from the show, I actually like this one better. It feels more believable here that it can be a dangerous, transforming weapon that won't snap its blade or handle from a single swing. The color scheme is good, and it's a quite faithful rendition in my opinion, especially regarding the folding up.

I like that you included the missile launcher as the gun.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Holy cow, that thing's a monster!  I did a version of Crescent Rose a while back, albeit simpler and on a much smaller scale... how does the unfolding work?  Does it all unfold when you extend the handle, or do you have to pull open some of the pieces by hand?  That clockwork handle is genius, my friend.  I love it.  Even though it'd probably make all of my current MOCs fall over holding it.  Including the tank I have built right now =P

Would you consider doing any of the other characters' weapons as well?  I have some ideas on Qrow's scythe-sword and Yang's gauntlets, but now I'm not sure if I should bother putting them up =P  Seriously though, I wonder how they'd come out in your style, seeing this.

The idea of making Qrow's weapon has crossed my mind. I don't have any plans on doing it at the moment, but hey, maybe when I get tired of this scythe... =P The thing is unfolded piece by piece. I don't even want to think about what kind of system it would take to make the whole thing transform on the push of a lever. XD Yeah, my creations tend to be far more bulky and technic heavy instead of loaded with greebles, especially a high function weapon such as this.

Hmm... I don't have a clue how Yang's gauntlets would work, or why it should even be bothered with since their folding into gloves doesn't really... do anything. =P

While this is much, much bulkier than the version from the show, I actually like this one better. It feels more believable here that it can be a dangerous, transforming weapon that won't snap its blade or handle from a single swing. The color scheme is good, and it's a quite faithful rendition in my opinion, especially regarding the folding up.

I like that you included the missile launcher as the gun.

Lol thanks. This wasn't meant to look like the Crescent Rose so much as work like it, which is why the whole color scheme is a bit off as I don't have the right parts to color this thing properly. The barrel of my earlier remake was complete crud, so I decided to make things more interesting. :P

Edited by Bricko Botface
  • Upvote 1

Good job on integrating a launcher into a folding scythe. Can you get it to fire? Regardless the folding mechanism is impressive on it's own so well done there!

The gun definitely fires... but you can only reach the trigger in scythe mode. XD So... maybe something to work on someday. :P :P :P