Gavla's Comics: The End

Gavla

Maybe it's because Gavla is a self absorbed moron.Or maybe it's because he was walking some feet ahead/at an angle. Probably didn't see Makron out of the corner of his eye.^That makes the most sense, and happens to be exactly the reasoning behind the panel.This is an issue with me, making characters look like they're at different levels in the reader's FOV. The best way I can mimic said thing is to make a background character normal, and the other character larger/up close to show they near yet not next to the other.Edit- Sunday marks the five year anniversary of comic making/working on these comics.Five years. Wow.

Edited by Gavla

lovewarconga2.png

I'm caught up once more! I need to remember BZPower exists more often.Makron and the army of darkness was a strange surprise.Can you please tell me who they are and what they want again? I forgot entirely. All I know is that Makron is a makuta... who is working for Teridax... and wants something to do with Gavla... and there was some other guy who died by putting on a mask.... and the rahkshi are his... private army? And there were two other guys. One was Gunnar (or Guntrax now) and ... a green shapeshifting guy who went insane because he fell into something. Some how. And Khols killed him. I think.Also the yellow rahkshi guys showed up sometimes being led by some other guy. Wanting something. And now Makron is leading them again. Or just those two. Or maybe five and the other three were getting coffee or something.Oh no, wait! Makron wasn't introduced until latter. It was Gunnar, shapeshifting green guy who went insane, and a guy called Purpal who led the army of darkness. Yeah, they wanted chaos emeralds so they could take over the world! Or just kill Gavla and his friends. Maybe both. And Gunnar was cloverfield. Somehow. And then was a tree. And then was a giant robot. Who died. And somehow was brought back in the main series for a brief period. Huh.Back to Makron, why was he with the army of darkness? Or those two? Are they just part of the same species that are not affiliated with the AoD? Or are they just a shout out to them?SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN!

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

Everything you listed is no longer canon to the comics. Everything before Revenge of the Gavlas is an experiment that failed.The sagas were all mix mashed ideas influenced by things going on in my life/based on sprites I found. The first saga brought use of a golden tablet plate thing with a few gems that happened to be the same colors as the six Toa Nuva. I liked that golden table thing. I wanted a reason to use it, so I made a reason.The Army of Darkness was my pathetic attempted at making bad guys because one of the original posters in the first topic said my comics "needed less comedy, and more action. Sagas basically."So that's what I did. At the time I was a big Cloverfield fan. So I wanted an excuse to put a badly edited out picture of that monster's head into the comics. At the same time, I wanted to convey that the AOD were basically monsters out of control. Created by Makron.Everything boils down into the the main comics.Gavla is the son of a Makuta and a Matoran. A hybrid. Makron took interest in him and decided to clone him so more hybrids would be around. The clones failed, so he resorted to other DNA related tests.Per Teridax's request, Makron made five new clones as talked about in Revenge. These five are the "main villains" of the next few main sagas. I took a break from my main sagas and have just been working on non-canon comics.To be honest.. I actually enjoy the non-canon ones more. I have a bit more freedom. They are an experiment to test future characters out on you gents. (Such as MG and Chilly.)Tomorrow is a special day for these comics. Makron is a part of that. I needed Makron back in the comics, and the Arm Saga was the only way.Everything you listed is no longer relevant, and as such those comics do not appear on my topic pages. Thanks for reminding myself of why I hated making comics in 2008/2009.

lovewarconga2.png

It's time.Gavla Presents-A Void In DeathAVID: Comic 1Stare into the void, it looks back into you. What lies in it? Perhaps Death himself.Life and death are the same. The start of the race and the finish line of it. Though some races can be..Cheated.This comic was made from 7:30 AM to 10:46 PM. I worked very hard on it, and my right hand hurts from all the clicking.I threw my birthday away for you.

lovewarconga2.png

Very nice silent comic, you really did the emotion and mystery in the comic quite well. I'm also a bit curious of that olmak wearing character... Is he new or from a past saga?Nice job as always,~SoranPS: Happy Birthday :)

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

well, her killing gavla was inevenatable #bad spellingand HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to the best comic maker on the forums, at least until when, or if, dark709 returnsmy brother: when is dark709 going to finish that MOVIE?! oh and has anyone heared of sergeant frog?

gifdonthurtme.gif

sandvich don't hurt me, no more!

I could hardly understand that silent comic, but it was definitely interesting! I like how it seemed tension was building up, and the last panel was entirely unexpected. @Lewafan21 That may be a form of topic hijacking...oh well. To answer you: Whenever, and if, he comes back. He came on, changed his avatar, and left. Very strange. I consider it possible that he could have died, but that's a bit far-fetched. Still nothing to make such a fate impossible, and the thought brings my spirits down. (Then again...the thought of real people dying at all does that.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I've been watching these comics for a while, and I have to say that these are great. The comics separate from the sagas have great humor, and the sagas themselves are well shaped and complex. I enjoyed the Max saga, and AVID looks to be promising. I especially like how Cahli seems to hesitate in the last few panels, which seems to break the character of an emotionless killer.

[Cyrix]

I could hardly understand that silent comic, but it was definitely interesting! I like how it seemed tension was building up, and the last panel was entirely unexpected.

Essentially.. What happened was Makron gave his assistant a letter,to give to the mail man.. The mail man then proceeds to deliver the mail to Cahli who then opens it, and is offered an opportunity that she's tried hard to get before. She then proceeded to go find Gavla outside of their home/broken ship, Gavla is dreaming about him looking all snazzy with a blue flower near his right shoulder, he's enjoying it. A lot. Cahli shows up.. Pulls her knife out of her pocket/sleeve. She's just about to stab him, but then she realizes that this man has let her stay, even though she had tried countless of times to stab him before. Cahli then proceeds to sink the knife into the back of his head, and in the 2nd to last panel, she almost looks like she regrets it. But in the last panel, her eyes seem to have come back to her killer self. This comic leaves a huge question in my mind, especially for me, since Gavla is the main character, and he has MG inside of him. Does this mean MG is released? How will this effect Cahli? How will this effect his other friends? Will his friends find out if Cahli killed him or not? Will they even realize that he's been murdered? Will Toasterbot save him? What will Makron do now? Where did he go? Is Gavla even dead? Or just knocked out? I have even more. Soooo many questions that bother me, because I really want to know.On a side note, I find completely and utterly rude, that you guys would be talking about different comic maker rather than the one that this comic thread belongs to. There's a reason we have PM boxes.I'm not a moderator or anything, but.. It'd be nice if it can be about the comic maker's thread. Rather than some other comic maker that may or may not come back. Edited by Garda

Guess who's back?

(>^.^)> It's Magic. ~(._.~)

Not me.

Thank you all for your feedback. Makes me very happy.Garda: Nice work, gent! You deciphered it perfectly! I'd give you a few gold stars If I could.Good job to the chaps that kept their eyes on.. well the character's eyes. I try my best to make eyes convey proper emotion.AVID: Comic 2The next few comics will be a bit shorter. Comic 1 took the whole day to make. So yeah. There will be some comics where text will appear. Mostly for things I can't properly express with panels and sprites.Also I just realized how similar the style of AVID is to the last comic of Revenge of the Gavlas. (Spaces between panels and similar effects when it comes to "grabbing" characters. The plus side is that AVID's teleportation effect is a lot better.)

lovewarconga2.png

It's time.Gavla Presents-A Void In DeathAVID: Comic 1Stare into the void, it looks back into you. What lies in it? Perhaps Death himself.Life and death are the same. The start of the race and the finish line of it. Though some races can be..Cheated.This comic was made from 7:30 AM to 10:46 PM. I worked very hard on it, and my right hand hurts from all the clicking.I threw my birthday away for you.

I didn't wish you happy birthday at 2 AM like last year...Please forgive me *sad face*But on a comic note, wow. The 'no text style' really adds to the dramatic effect.And thank you for this wonderful gift.EDIT:I just saw the second comic. My word, that's terrifying. Edited by Chath

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

That was... somewhat disturbing. I'm assuming that was MG, because that style of death appears to be something he would do.However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that in The Child Inside saga MG said that he used to be part of the Makuta as a whole. Would this mean that MG and Makron know each other already?

[Cyrix]

You fellows are smart. I am impressed.AVID: Comic 3Not gonna lie, but the transition was a bit difficult. I went through different styles to make it look.. somewhat decent.I was also stuck between adding text or not. I wouldn't add talking text between them but.. I did consider text between some of the panel rows. Text such as "She doesn't understand." and such.So again, this is silent. Tomorrows comic will have some text though. As a side note, I've been referencing things to past sagas. I just noticed that with today's comic.Cyrix: Not a part of them but he did know them. Or to better put it, they found him. Though yes, Makron did know about MG. He made a reference to him at the end of the Arm Saga.Can't give away everything though.Leraku: It's Chimoru Omega V3/III/3. It's a kit made by myself and Zakitano for the ICC only. With assisted help from other ICC members such as Tav. Only we, the ICC, may use it. Though I'm really the only one that uses it the most. So no one outside our group can use it. So yeah.

lovewarconga2.png

Not a lot to say about this one, except it's good to see MG back in action. I'm hoping that Cahli makes it out of this saga alive, her being one of my favorite characters in your comics. But her chances aren't looking that great.Also, I think that you've succeeded in giving this saga an aura of finality by having several plot points meet in one storyline. So I'm pretty sure that by the end of this saga, something will have changed in the comics.

[Cyrix]

Avid: Comic 4Gotta rev up them joints for a long day of pest control.And yeah, I see what you mean. This saga has been worked on in my mind for some time. Shame the ending of this comic needed a bit of text. Would of been impossible for me to say what needed to be said without it.Also, fun fact. When MG crystallizes someone they don't really.. die. Per say. I believe I've touched on this in the first real showing of him. When he froze the original Fourth Wall Cop in crystal. The death point is if the crystal is smashed.Fun fact two: The chap at the bottom of the comic was designed and named before Revenge of the Gavlas was made. In fact, he made a cameo in it.

lovewarconga2.png

...I could only make a connection with Chath and Death.It's quite... unnerving. His design is very close to an unused design of my character.Small world, huh?Well, this series is getting more and more interesting.I assume that only one part of Gavilan can function at the same time, so when MG is rampaging, Gav is knocked out in the void, and vice versa.That's my guess.

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

...I could only make a connection with Chath and Death.

O_OThis...scares me...~Ro
Not what you think.My character is primarily white and uses the same mask.Also, I redesigned him with blue accents. That is the only reason.Nothing scary about it :P

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

I see what you mean, Chath. I made Death before I met you so yeah.Also, Gavla is 100% dead. It made sense to me that he would end up somewhere, and thus the Void was it. MG has full control of his body now.The Void is the space between universes. A cage for the dead, ruled by Death itself.This saga is ironic to me, as I have a very serious fear of death. Yet I use it for story reasons without fear.AVID: Comic 5Three things-Talking will stay in the void parts.I'm not afraid to kill canon characters. If this upsets you, I am sorry. This was planned out way too much for me to change now.I hate that Teridax sprite. I hate it and that's why I used it this early. Shame it's a sprite of my favorite Canon character.Please forgive me if Teri is posed really weird in this comic. It was very difficult to work with.

lovewarconga2.png

I see what you mean, Chath. I made Death before I met you so yeah.Also, Gavla is 100% dead. It made sense to me that he would end up somewhere, and thus the Void was it. MG has full control of his body now.The Void is the space between universes. A cage for the dead, ruled by Death itself.This saga is ironic to me, as I have a very serious fear of death. Yet I use it for story reasons without fear.AVID: Comic 5Three things-Talking will stay in the void parts.I'm not afraid to kill canon characters. If this upsets you, I am sorry. This was planned out way too much for me to change now.I hate that Teridax sprite. I hate it and that's why I used it this early. Shame it's a sprite of my favorite Canon character.Please forgive me if Teri is posed really weird in this comic. It was very difficult to work with.

Well, I never used the blue accents, so it wouldn't have mattered :PSo... You've killed off quite a few characters...And death is generally scary. It should be.So it's normal to fear death, or to accept it.EDIT:I also think I understand the whole scythe muscle thing.Was MG death's "ultimate tool" and Gav was the final lock to unleash it?Or am I completely wrong? Edited by Chath

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

@Chath: You're both. Right and wrong.Death/the Grim Reaper collects the dead. Someone has to provide them. Thus MG provides Death with.. well deaths.Though that isn't exactly how Death tends to go about it. I'll touch up on this in a later comic/maybe tomorrow's.What I will say: Death (Who knows everything that has and will happen) didn't expect MG to be free this soon.Think of it like a dinner party. The guests show up an hour before you're ready.

lovewarconga2.png

I must say, chap. this is one of the most unique arcs I've ever seen.I quite enjoyed the silent bit you did at first, and Death...My gosh.As pointed out in the 4th Eragon book, white is a better color for death than black. More like a bleached bone. A better representation than the deepest shade of black.

I agree! White is so much more fitting. It also ties into the common appearance we humans have of Death. A skeleton.As we know, the most used color for a skeleton is white. I added blue to Death to give him a bit of a POP of color. Completely blank white didn't look right to me!

lovewarconga2.png

I agree! White is so much more fitting. It also ties into the common appearance we humans have of Death. A skeleton.As we know, the most used color for a skeleton is white. I added blue to Death to give him a bit of a POP of color. Completely blank white didn't look right to me!

It gives him a cold feeling. Something that is also very fitting.

I need more...so...mysterious...so...terrifying...so astounding~Ro

That's the word I'm looking for.

Catching up on four and five, and I find Death creeping me out considerably more than I would have expected. I wouldn't have thought of him as a white and blue being with black eyes (similar to an image with "inverted" colors) but I find it very... fitting.Also, if the Makuta knew of MG's nature- what with him being an "agent of death" of sorts- wouldn't they also know about the existence of Death as a being?

[Cyrix]

I love how some of you have great choices in literature. Makes me happy.AVID: Comic 6You'll notice that the comic is rather short. I was very tired today. Had a rough start with the comic and such. Interruptions involving painting of my house didn't help either.Though I guess today's comic can focus more on Gavla and Death. I'm having a lot of fun with these two. Forgive me if the comic does not meet your expectations. I can not work right with all this tiredness.Do any of you gents have some suggestions on how I can better the comics? I know that's a tricky question. We all take different approaches to comic making.But if you have any, please tell me. I'd love to hear what you have to say.Second: If you guest stared in my comics, and I still have your sheet, I might put you in as a cameo. (Obviously a dead cameo.)Third: I take killing requests. If there is a canon Bionicle character you would love MG to destroy, tell me.

lovewarconga2.png