Gavla's Comics: The End

Gavla

This Gavla is definitely interesting.
He is. Very.Although I have to say I probably prefer the old Gavla. :P Most likely just because I got used to his personality over the years, though.The new one very different... But different isn't always bad.

naw man

I think the better question is, who changed the hat's color?Or maybe what.Name TagBtw, some people seem to consider the dead guy a Ko-Matoran. He's not. Those are his actual colors. I don't dim the coloring of dead characters, so this guy really does wear those ones.

lovewarconga2.png

..That's a woman.Anyway! I'll save tonight's second comic for tomorrow since I want it to be a bit longer than the other ones.By the way, what do you chaps think about the new panel format? With them not really /stuck/ together and such.Personally, I like it! It seems a lot more organized.

lovewarconga2.png

It should be apparent by now that the comics are taking a somewhat dark turn. Which is exactly what I want.So many comics here are too kind. Which isn't bad! I just crave that dark sense or depression and fear like with NightOwls.Comic-No Second ThoughtsI'll have a second comic up later tonight.

lovewarconga2.png

Holy Carapar. Love them darkness effects, mainly those "scars" on whatever he's using. (haven't read much of the newer stuff recently, since I have poor internet connections now. :P )Reminds me of the Otherworld effects from Silent Hill 3.BTW, I wonder if Mr. Mask will turn out to be anything like the Happy Mask Salesman from Majora's Mask, or Rupin from Skyward Sword.

Edited by -Absorba-

The Happy Mask Salesman actually fueled my idea to make Mr. Mask. As you might be able to tell from his robe's. I was also fueled by the idea that Matoran had to have some sort of resident that sold masks. Or at least repaired them to an extent.GreedyThe Otherworld is an excellent way to describe the new universal setting.

lovewarconga2.png

...Wow. Otherworld Gavla isn't just an egomaniac, he's murderous and incredibly greedy. I'm wondering if the rest of the crew (Chilly, Cahli, Mole, Sika) know about this.More food for thought, once the time inevitably comes when he has to confront MG, will he want to save his universe as the "original" Gav did? Because it looks like Otherworld Gav would have almost no qualms with seeing it burn.

[Cyrix]

The better question is who will be the one holding the match.Also, I wouldn't call the new universe an Otherworld. It's a direct copy of the old one, just with differences that are making themselves apparent. Gerlicky is an example.That Gerlicky is from Earth, not any Matoran universe.

Edited by Gavla

lovewarconga2.png

Hey guys. Comic-Brilliant RadioI had a big action comic planned for today. However..I don't feel good! My stomach is really bugging me today, so I'm going to rest a lot. Sorry for the lackluster comic, but I don't always have to show our red and blue fellow's crazy actions!edit: Comic is going up late since I had a graduation party to visit. Which sucked.

lovewarconga2.png

I'm falling behind again? No way. ><

Heh. like how he's all "OH whoops, I killed you... sorry. - Hey what else can I do with this? =D"
[...]GreedyThe Otherworld is an excellent way to describe the new universal setting.
... funny enough, this is pretty much what I do in RPGs. :lol:Anyways, I'm really enjoying the current direction of these. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Comic-Black Kettle Let me explain something that people are asking me about elsewhere. The "video" effect is used for two things. One, it happens when MG manipulates the area. As we've seen, he's able to stop time to an extent.It's also used to show universal changes. Notice that it only happens when something changes, example Gerlicky.Notice how when it's happening MG isn't there.

lovewarconga2.png

No, he's just insane.MG always has purple eyes.Also, encase it's hard to tell. The sort of dulled out panels are flashback panels. I don't use flashbacks a lot, yet this time I really wanted to show the staff's origin.Sorry if the dull like colors are not pleasing enough for flashbacks. I tried a few different things, yet none really worked! One even crashed my GIMP program.So yeah.

Edited by Gavla

lovewarconga2.png

Wow. I honestly did not see that coming. o.OAlso, I hope this isn't the end of Xolapa's backstory. I hope to see what exactly drove him to his insanity.And I'm wondering how long our jacketed friend will stay around. A new recurring character, perhaps?

[Cyrix]

Uh. Hey.So like. Here is the deal. Anyone live in the East Coast like me? Well my state had a huge storm on Friday. So huge that the power is out.It may stay out till the 4th or even the 6th. Now, for a comic maker like me that's not good.This laptop has no comic making tools on it, and my portable internet is almost dead. With no power.. well yeah.So!I will be attempting to download GIMP and such later when I have a better power outlet. If that's today, it would be at my cousin's home. Or it's tomorrow at my grandfather's office at work. Basically, stuff is really difficult for now. I apologize, no one predicted this storm. I will try my best to work on a comic, but I can make no promises. I will however use this time to answer questions on and off about the comics if I get a chance. That way you aren't devoid of me for an entire week.Rest assured, when the power is back I will get right back to work. I have a lot planned. A lot needs to be destroyed, and I know how much you true fellows want that destruction. Thanks for understanding.

lovewarconga2.png