Gavla's Comics: The End

Gavla

Who would of thought that this would all end as it all began with the dagger that started driving life mad. After i came to bzp one year ago i spent forever finding the super old stuff and read all the way up till i caught up. Well I'm glad this got a proper ending.

RIP

Life

No one liked him and he was killed by his own counter part

last words "Chaaaa" XD

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Who would of thought that this would all end as it all began with the dagger that started driving life mad. After i came to bzp one year ago i spent forever finding the super old stuff and read all the way up till i caught up. Well I'm glad this got a proper ending.

RIP

Life

No one liked him and he was killed by his own counter part

last words "Chaaaa" XD

Technically the panels of Cahli stabbing Gavla were re-makes of the first AVID comic's panels.

Life was born from Gavla's Death.

Life was killed by the Death Gavla.

lovewarconga2.png

Life is so creepy looking!

hey Gavla, would you by any chance have a sheet for Life?

Life's sprites and pretty much all sprites outside of furniture are restricted to my work alone.

Sorry to disappoint.

Also someone asked about MG. If you recall, Life ripped MG out of his body. MG forged a deal with Goggles Gavla, now living inside Goggles.

lovewarconga2.png

I'll keep it open.

I eventually plan to return with a new series.

Out of consideration of the forum and what remaining comic makers and readers will be here whenever that time comes, it would be fair to keep the new series in my flagship topic.

One, it doesn't clog the forum. Two, nostalgia for myself.

This new series I am writing is oddly enough more or less ready for shipment. Sprites have been made and panels can be re-done. Yet I would need to write scripts first. To be honest I just need a break from any sort of sprite work. A nice break before getting back to work is always a good idea.

But as for Gavla, his story is done. He is dead. There are no happy endings because this story was never meant to have one.

Oh right I should ask about getting the topic re-named now. Silly me.

lovewarconga2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Comics-

Cha. Ha. (Both words are different links!)

Today I post the actual last comics of Gavla's Comics.

Take it as you will, be these two the real ending or not. It's up to the reader's interests.

But technically, this is the end of the comics. At least for Gavla's Comics.

These two last comics have a LOT of stuff crammed in. From old guest stars to new friends (and their own funky OC things).

I hid a few secrets in there, too. Some nods to my future projects and more. And hey, who doesn't like a bit of history with their ending?

Sadly I've run out of time and can't update the first post. I'm going to Canada today for a trip. I will notify that the topic needs a name change though.

Again, thank you for reading with me. I've changed a lot over the years and I have enjoyed my reader's opinions and comments. Both simple and complex. You lot are the best thing to ever happen to me online and I will never forget you guys.

I will leave the topic open, and I'll see you all on my next project. Whenever that may be.

And as always, keep Cha-ing.

• Upvote 3

lovewarconga2.png

Ah, a shame that you are ending the comics.

But it's understandable as we do get busy with other stuff.

Creative use of what your void was, really liked that. And interesting way to end it off.

Best of luck with your other projects.

That. was. truly. awesome.

I absolutely approve. That was the most fantastic breakage of fourth wall I've ever seen. Just, self realization, past, present, paint, the valve games... just, *begins to sob* so amazing!

*starts to ball*

And it's all endi-hi-hinnnngggg! *cries a lot of tears*

• Upvote 1

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Those had to be two of the most enjoyable comics I've ever read. Great ending, to say the least.

(And I was giddy about my little appearance in there. Good times.)

Best of fortune to you in moving on, and I'll be looking forward to these projects in the future.

sig8.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your kind words, I am glad you enjoyed The End.

Now for the final announcement.

The First Post is updated.

Kinda.

It contains the second half of Season 6.0 and the ending comics/all the comics/links that the last hack removed.

However.. I made too many comics. Trying to post them all hurts the post. It cuts the post in half, erasing all my links. SO. If you want to read the first half of 6.0 and the mini Saga: Electric Blues, see this post. It's on the first page anyway.

So I guess that's it. The last links, the last stories bolded so you know the End when you see it.

This.. really is the End, I suppose.

I've sent our good old friend Wind a notice about the topic name change.

As stated, I have enjoyed being your entertainment. Thank you and remember-

When ever you read another comic. Whenever a character dies-

Whenever one wears red or blue or even both.

He's there.

Watching and waiting. The Original. The first and last creation.

The Sprite who Erases with the Last Laugh.

Cha.

• Upvote 1

lovewarconga2.png

This was a great ending to this series,even if I'm a bit late to say it. (I was busy. :P)
It's also rather interesting that Gavla managed to save it as the wrong type of file. :P

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

i thought he just took a chmiour kit and recolored it i mean it cant be that hard in gimp to make a copy. or is this his own kit.

ALSO soo gavla mentioned

"Watching and waiting. The Original. The first and last creation.

The Sprite who Erases with the Last Laugh." (whoa there fancy grammer bet ya didnt know i could do that)

then ends it with cha shouldn't we be seeing a post edited sign so that original gavla really did erase the last cha or is this a paradox?

Edited by Tecnokua Mudkip apprentice

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

i thought he just took a chmiour kit and recolored it i mean it cant be that hard in gimp to make a copy. or is this his own kit.

Nope, it's a completely custom Chimoru kit that he's not allowed to distribute.

Wait so he dosent choose not to he can't? How's that I thought he made the kit?

:voyanui:

Man I was really hoping not to get involved with this. Because truth be told, Kits are a very risky discussion point. Or were in the past.

I've always seen comic making as a business. You make a product, the people take interest. You get viewers/readers and thus they are like a profit. You entertain.

Comic Makers always try to make their work stand out, right? Make it show, get snazzy with it. You want to stand out. Be it with hard work or a kit edit.

Back when I started there was a nice selection of kits but there were always a core selection.

Chimoru. Rayg. RZMIK. Later on came Xanis (If I remember the spelling right) and such.

Chimoru was used a lot. So much that it did get kind of annoying. My pal Emkay even made a panel/short comic mocking the kit's use.

I used Chimoru because that's the kit I personally knew when I got here. I had really only read Dark709's work when ever I popped in here. I was young and I thought they were good. (Which they were, of course but good things only last so long in personal taste.)

So I used Chimoru. Black outline, made the infamous Pink and Red Gavla before the Blue and Red one.

Chimoru was always being sort of edited. It got a lot of contributions and stuff during its main life when Dark was here.

My.. memory of names fails me. But there was a high grade comic maker later on after I joined (Or before, can't remember) that did a fairly clean edit of Chimoru. It was mostly the body.

It worked for his work. Short, simple. To the point. People wanted it. Some got it. I got it later on because I took a picture of a Moc holding ketchup packets.

Used it. It worked for a while. The maker of the edited body eventually left to do whatever he was doing and control of the kit shifted. Now it had shifted to someone I knew very well at the time. It was around the time some of my friendships were dying out though so there was a slight hostility if I remember right.

One night, and yes night. It was about 1 or 2 AM he asked me not to use the kit anymore. I agreed out of respect for someone I did know very well.

That same night I struck up a conversation with an associate. Turns out they were brainstorming a new Kit to use for the group they and I are associated with. So If I can remember right I guess my approaching of them with this possible kit creation, plus their already planning of it sort of started the main idea. I believe they got started right away on the spriting.

I was there to witness the kit's birth. Its glorious first drafts of black outlines. I tried to help, I did. I tried to make a mask but I was really bad at custom sprites at that point in time.

So they did most of the work, showed it to me. I liked it. We showed it to our fellow business partners and we all liked it. I guess. I'm the only one that uses it so I mean take what you will of that. To each their own though.

The kit was worked on by a few of us over time. (I think I made the upper arm sprite. Can't remember.) Work was eventually dropped since there really wasn't much more to do. We had the bodies, parts and a good chunk of masks done.

So I used it. And used it. Made edits to it here and there. Some pixels clashed with others and it just rubbed me the wrong way. But that's standard with a lot of sprites.

So with the kit while I did not personally make it, I was there to see its perfect birth into this digital world. I was the first to use it comically, and I was the one to use it daily up until the final comics.

I still use it now, of course. My future projects need it and I already have a lot of future project sprites done in it. It's a very nice kit to use. It's a bit smaller compared to standard Chimoru but that's okay.

The kit became the style of my work. I brought it in when I tossed out my previous stories and adopted AVID and the Life and Death story as the main one. It served me well and will continue to serve me well with my future work.

But now we reach the current thing. Yes. It is easy to rip a sprite marked "Just for me/us/we" in GIMP and Paint. I tried ripping Kahi's Protoshield before finding his sprites already on my computer.

But here is the thing. If you rip a kit used exclusively by one or more. By people who banded together to create something glorious, by people with a shared instinct. If you copy that sprite from any group's exclusive kit.. you are a copy cat.

And no body likes it when someone copies their style just to improve theirs. To me it is the greatest crime you can do on the Comics Forum.

But. You can't really stop people. You can only offer simple advice.

And this is my advice. Do your own work. It is tough, of course. No one becomes good at spriting over night. Not even I am that good. But I work. I try my best. I sit for hours and plan and think.

You are a comic maker, no? You work with sprites? Try it yourself! See what you can make. It takes time.. and effort. But who knows? Add enough time and maybe you'll make the next great kit. Something to outshine all ingrained core kits on this forum. That's all I can say. I don't approve of copying but at the same time I can't stop it, right?

If you hold respect for my work, I ask you to not copy me. Respect my choices and my work for this topic. I just want.. an easy, stress free semi retirement. I want Peace.

Try to sprite for yourself. You might just end up surprised by what you can do.

• Upvote 3

lovewarconga2.png

Those words are some of the most motivational words I've read in a long time.

That makes sense that's a very wise decision a group should vote if any sharing was to be

Made. And high grade comic makers...I'll have to give my brain a whirl I think I know who

Your talking about.

:voyanui:

• 4 weeks later...

Whoa. Didn't...see that coming...

Those last two strips were actually, and legitimately... I don't even know how to describe. I guess its the same thing as saying goodbye to friend you've known since forever...

But anyway, with all the feels out of the way, looking forward to a new start Gavla.

Sorry that I was never present a lot to read comment on most of your work. :(

• 2 months later...

Oh, wow. Thanks for making me such a big part of your ending, Gav. I haven't checked up this place in a while, but I was surprised when I read your last few strips that I had such a big role to play in it.

You know, I've been thinking of getting back into the game just for a bit. Maybe an ending. I dunno. But it was a great ride along the way.

One thing I'm looking forward to is using the ramifications from this series, and how it'll effect my character if I ever come back. If you ever see this, hit me up; I might need some of your resources to use in the future.

We've had some great times, buddy. But things have to come to a end sometime, I guess. Look at where we've come.

Here's to the future.

It's funny. After a long time, I revisited BZPower and this topic last night. Now it's at the top of the page. I suppose I should say some words while I'm here.

I've been reading Gavla's comics since the beginning. Seeing how I started my series first in 08 where it only lasted two seasons, I must congratulate this series longevity. It's hard to imagine that what started out as an amateur and, let's be honest here, low-quality comic series would become one of the best works to come out of Artwork III, possibly even BZPower.

I'm not exaggerating there either. Before it ended this series was the only reason why I visited BZPower. 

I doubt that you'll see this, but I want to say that it's been great reading this and being a part of it. Good luck with whatever you're doing now and have a good future.

Long time reader,

Sharnak / TBL

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

You know I still visit here now and then.

Call it a guilty pleasure, I suppose.

I don't do much sprite work anymore. I guess that fits in line with a "break" and "semi retirement".

But I keep everything I make and have. I just literally moved every single sprite I have from the past seven years to my backup drives.

Funny fact, I have like. Three backups. I like to be super secure.

My brain still to this day churns and spins with new ideas and words. The beauty of my final two comics is that in reality: Mr. G. can never be really gone. Isn't that something.

My trump card could replay over and over again. And maybe it will. Who knows. ( You can't get rid of your first creation. They're like our children. Yet forget about them and they might grow incredibly jealous and a bit insane. )

I've got a lot of ideas flowing in my Hat crossed mind. A lot for the future for whenever that time comes. A year? A few more months? Maybe I'll pop back on Halloween with something. I won't but that was just an example.

But before one can return they must change what they were. To cast aside the past but never throw it out.

Gavla's Comics started this train. It will end it, of course. But there is always new things behind these doors.

The Era of Gavla has ended. It ended with his death and the revelation of the true force behind every little pixel.

Yet the Era of Tanbl has yet to begun.

When that happens or if.. well. Who knows.

Maybe when I get myself a solid Gold Pan in TF2 I'll come back. Not before. You have to focus on one thing at a time.

• Upvote 4

lovewarconga2.png

• 2 months later...

Hello.

Comic-

Birth.

During the final week of March 2008 I had spent many hours on the comic forum of the first BZP.

During the first week of April 2008 I gave something a lot of thought.

On April 8th 2008 I downloaded Chimoru Omega from Dark709’s kit topic in the “Kits Forum.”

That afternoon I tried to color a sprite. I tried to make a character. I was new. I didn’t know how to mass color the sprites. I used the pencil tool for a good hour, filling in every little pixel of the Chimoru Omega body with the colors PINK and RED.

The first Gavla was born. I had moved on to make the rest of the characters for a series I had literally just started putting together in my mind.

I had no panels. So I made some. Such crude outlines of lines and bright colors.

The first comic was made and then quickly deleted. I didn’t like Gavla’s design.. pink and red. I’d be made fun of. That was my mentality back in those days.

So I remade him. Red and Blue. The Gavla you all know was born from the remains of my failure.

So I made the first comics. They were horrible.

Yet.. people liked them. Thinking back on it.. I am confused.

Someone said to make a story. So I did.

It was horrible.

But over the year I slowly grew better.

Over the next years I grew even better.

Yet the work was still horrible. I had barely any original ideas.

I joined the ICC and we made the Chimoru Omega V3 kit. I made a decision.

I would cut off the previous year’s work as failures and start new with this kit. So I did.

AVID was made. A Void In Death. The true start to Gavla’s story.

Over the last three years I worked to bring you my greatest work. It had flaws, yes.. but what work doesn’t?

The story of Life and Death. The boundaries of a Bionicle Reality.

Mr. G. The corrupt business man who skinned his wife and wore her while he tried to destroy the world.

Life, the corpse of a Gavla with a new mind. Blinded by his desire to destroy the very act of Death itself.

Death Gavla. The poor soul killed by his friend for money. Forced into a job he wasn’t meant for.

The story was my greatest work. It ended in a mash of three endings in one month. The longest comics I ever produced.

I started as nothing. I grew into something I could never believe or understand. I made friends and I made foes. I lost friends who later became foes. Traitors and backstabbers and those driven away by my anger and hate caused by the actions of a filth that once walked this forum’s streets.

When you are a comic maker you simply do your job. You end your story if you can.

You must always understand that you will end this work one day. That you must walk away from all the hours you spent with it.

Maybe you’ll grow new skills and find new friends. Branch out elsewhere and achieve.. true greatness.

Or maybe you’ll just be a nobody. A being no one shows the time of day to.

..Whatever the case. Remember what you started with. Remember what you made and take PRIDE in your creations.

On April 8th 2008 I began Gavla’s Comics. In April 2014 I ended it.

With Birth I bring one last glimpse into the true reality that our sprites face. What actually happens in the time of a Sprites Birth to their unavoidable erasing.

On this forum it is not the sprites that need us, their makers. It is we who need our sprites.

They made us who we are. Remember them as you move on in the future.

With that I bid goodbye for now.

For I am Gavla, your host.

• Upvote 1

lovewarconga2.png

These last few comics have been a really chilling reflection on yourself, your past, your characters, and what it means to be a comic maker. I don't think it's possible to have imagined an ending more appropriate for the single longest and most dedicated comics series in BZPower history.

This series has had a pretty weird history. At some point it was considered by some to be a stigma upon the forum (apparently), and now it is perhaps the most important series. You and your comics now serve as a sort of cornerstone to BZP comic making, something that inspires readers and authors alike and has kept this forum alive over the past few years. That is because you're perhaps the one comic maker out of all of us who has gone through the most hardships, produced the most comics, and have actually reached a proper conclusion. I don't think there's anyone (who isn't a tool) that doesn't have some degree of respect for you.

You've finished something truly brilliant, Gav. I can only hope that you continue to do so in the future. It doesn't necessarily have to be comics, as long as you keep doing good work.

...Oh, and thank god I wasn't the only one to made their first sprites recoloring it with the pencil tool for hours.

train.png

You have no idea how long I've waited and craved that post, Blae. You were always there when the things happened.

You were there when we sent the catalyst. You were there when I became the target.

You've been one of the few to stick around and as your friend I greatly appreciate it and you. You are one of the best people I've ever met on this forum. Both this one and the Original BZP.

Truly your words are the most trusted.

The Comics Forum used to be populated and stuffed to the brim. Yet now it just sits here. Dusty.

I swore to myself that I would end my work the proper way. That I would never abandon it.

In the past I would view that stigma comment as an insult. I'd grow sad and angry. But honestly? Ahaha, I do so love to make others angry. Unless they're good friends, of course.

People don't think that I save everything they say. That I don't keep logs of comments and stuff saved on three saving devices. I see everything and remember it. (Yet not my state ID in the middle of a Florida Hotel, apparently.)

Like I said in Fez: People will notice you the longer you go on. People will not always like you. They might lie to you. Mock you. Make fun of new comic makers by using your name as the insult.

It's almost the perfect analogy to actual life. In that trust is so very hard to establish both off the machine and on it.

Truly this has and will always be the most wild ride of my life. Many times I have regretted starting back in April 8th 2008. Wasting so much of my time.

Yet to be honest? I don't really regret it. It's helped me understand and has gotten me into the things I'm interested in now. (TF2, for example.)

You really do learn as this stuff goes on, I suppose. While there are things I regret.. I know they were probably un-avoidable.

Gavla's Comics are technically over. Gavla is dead and that is the most fitting ending I can give.

Yet don't think my ideas died like he did. Like The Original: They most go on. When they arrive though is anyone's guess.

Now when I look back at all this.. I can say without a doubt: That there was a Fine Piece of Work.

lovewarconga2.png

Shucks, you flatter me too much, especially since I still disappeared without a trace for like three years.

You sound an old man, reflecting on the past, passing down your experiences and your wisdom to everyone. Not like that's a bad thing. That may be the best way to look forward to the future.

Hah, seeing all of this really makes me wanna get back into the game. I've already kinda started, so I guess I might as well give it a shot. This children's toy line fan-comic business somehow got me started on my actual career after all, and taking a trip through the past like you have might do me a solid.

train.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm glad I decided to drop in here. That was a fantastically fitting end to the work you've been cultivating for years. As stated above - you're one of the most dedicated authors I ever had the pleasure of knowing on this forum. It makes me a little sad to see things end - but also happy and nostalgic to see it wrapped up so fittingly.

Here's to old times, Gav.

• Upvote 3

• 5 months later...