• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Gavla's Comics: The End

• Please log in to reply
2992 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Sharnak the Bohrok Lord

Sharnak the Bohrok Lord
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,073 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 03:39 PM

There seems to be a new style to your humor. I like it. Or maybe it's just because the last two are longer. I can't tell.

#42 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Flying Force!

• 2,428 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 03:56 PM

So any question at all? :evilgrin: I've got some strange ones, but I'm not certain what exactly you're looking for. Hrm...

banner_size.png

Possum

#43 Offline Gavla

Gavla
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Savage Earthquake Awakened

• 10,520 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 04:28 PM

Someone raised an interesting point, which I'll address now. I accept any sort of question, as long as it makes sense. As long as you write it out properly. Aka, no "do u like pie" and such. Those questions will be deleted. Keep them safe, too. Nothing that would go against BZPower rules and such. Also, I won't be replying to your PM unless I absolutely have to/you ask me to.

90px-backpack_golden_wrench.png250pxengineerscap.png90px-backpack_wrench.png

#44 Offline Gavla

Gavla
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 10,520 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 09:03 PM

New comic, last one before tomorrow's batch. Gerlicky Farms I had fun with this one too, as TBL stated the humor seems to have changed. Aside from that, I'm taking time to flush out details on characters. Aka, Mr. Kahi. If you've read my comics for some time, or at least the ICC's in general you might catch a reference. As well as some internet references in some cases. Side notes: Credit for the Noobs goes to Gerlicky.Side note2: Sorry for a double post, I don't generally like to place new comics in old posts except for the first.Secondly, I'm considering someone's suggestion of using spoiler tags in the first post. Not sure yet.

Edited by Gavla, Oct 15 2011 - 09:07 PM.

#45 Offline Chath

Chath
  • Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,660 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 15 2011 - 09:37 PM

I forgot about that Noob Farm...Poor Tavaki... now who will he exploit for personal gain?

revolt_banner.png

Part Seven is now up.

(Mar. 25th)

Love. An emotion. Something more? Between two, or possibly more, individuals. Are we to judge who loves whom? Let people love who they wish, let them live happily together. Is that not civil? Let people love. It's a new age. It's time to accept everyone for who they are.

#46 Offline Tapika

Tapika
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,836 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 03:00 AM

Gavla is the man. He does what nobody else can. Chaha. In all seriousness, your unique style sets you apart from the crowd, and that's a good thing! Nothing cheers me up more than a nice dose of Gavla Spice.

tumblr_mrji0oZwlq1sqiy2ho1_400.png

#47 Offline zsdiogo

zsdiogo
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 42 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 04:35 AM

This have awlays been great comics, and although the first ones after so long without making one may not be the best, I'm sure we will still read great comics from Gavla in the (near) future.

Looks like it's time to stop staring and start contributing.

#48 Offline Kahi

Kahi
  • Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Melted

• 4,550 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 09:45 AM

I just love that monocle. It really puts on another level of sophistication, doesn't it? =P Anyhow, thanks for putting me in today's comic Gav. I'll see if I can return the favor one of these days...

Posted Image

#49 Online Taka Nuvia

Taka Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,065 posts

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 11:49 AM

Love the new comics... and the noob farm comic was adorable <3

takjal_jh.jpg

The captain of the guard has never before been so fabulous!

#50 Offline Doc Scratch

Doc Scratch
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,268 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 11:56 AM

I just love the professional suits.

(~ O ~)

#51 Offline D. Master Freez

D. Master Freez
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,256 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 02:20 PM

Good to see the comics are back.So...How do I open GIMP again?

#52 Offline Gavla

Gavla
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 10,520 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 04:43 PM

I feel like doing a mini saga. Or at least a mini-mini saga. Anyway, I had this comic done for most of the day, just waited for the possible right moment to post it. So enjoy, I guess. Technological Blunder Part 1 This is sort of meant to be a mental mini saga, dealing with the character's actions and personality as a whole. Or something. Oh, fun fact. The PPad is a mock up of the iPad, I made the PPad like a year or so ago. You can find the fake ad I made for it right here!

#53 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,428 posts

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 04:47 PM

When I drive by a cow farm, I smell the manure. But what do I smell when I drive by a noob farm. :blink: Mr. Kahi is definitely portrayed as a civilized man. Does this comic imply that Kahi uses too many noobs in his comics?

banner_size.png

Possum

#54 Offline Hojirick

Hojirick
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,377 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 04:49 PM

I'm not buying that abusive device. http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/fear.gif It... scares.. me... ~ :h:~

Edited by Hojirick, Oct 16 2011 - 04:50 PM.

Signature Guidelines: Your signature may not contain more than 10 different images.

#55 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,428 posts

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 04:51 PM

I'm not buying that abusive device. http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/fear.gif It... scares.. me... ~ :h:~

I was just WAITING for it to say, You: are a horrible person. Because SURELY, Gavla, you have played Portal 2 before...

banner_size.png

Possum

#56 Offline Justax-Kal

Justax-Kal
  • Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

• 2,572 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 05:34 PM

I was just WAITING for it to say, You: are a horrible person. Because SURELY, Gavla, you have played Portal 2 before...

That's what I was thinking when I saw it. J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

#57 Offline Tavakai

Tavakai
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,886 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 05:48 PM

That crazy Gerlicky, stealing stuff from my farm. I worked hard to get those noobs there! I had to buy a bunch of pies, eat the pies, plant the pie pans in the ground, and water them for weeks! http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/angry.png Someone get Gerlicky a PPad. :P

button.png

#58 Offline Darcsyde

Darcsyde
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,270 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 05:52 PM

Freeeee the Gurrrrrrkkkkfiiiiisssshhhhhh!

#59 Offline Gavla

Gavla
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 10,520 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 06:00 PM

Actually, the last panel in which it talked was probably the hardest one to think up text for. There aren't a lot of words I can use to describe her, and monster came out a lot better. Unlike some other ones. One of the choices was "You: ..SMELL LIKE A MAN." And even "LOOK LIKE A MAN." and such. But the Portal series did pop up in my head when I was done, true.

Edited by Gavla, Oct 16 2011 - 06:01 PM.

#60 Offline Darcsyde

Darcsyde
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,270 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 06:06 PM

Did Mole "fix" the PPad, or just improve it's assessment capabilities? :P Wonderful thing, modern technology.

#61 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,428 posts

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 06:48 PM

What does the P in PPad represent anyway? :blink:

banner_size.png

Possum

#62 Offline Gavla

Gavla
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 10,520 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 10:13 PM

If you saw the second link I posted,you'd know. :P My nickname for it is Pal-Pad, secondary. Also, how can he fix something if it's not broken?

#63 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,428 posts

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 10:29 PM

Questions are faster! JK I clicked it, but had to go somewhere right then. Then I forgot about it. :P

banner_size.png

Possum

#64 Offline General darix

General darix
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 10:30 PM

what kit is that in the changed kit comic?(other than chimoru)
join the B.T.U or or I General darix will...will...ah...LINE!!!!!!!!
formaly known as apahkolypse.

#65 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,428 posts

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 10:31 PM

That kit is only (I think) for the ICC people. Am I right? And you can't have it, I'm afraid. :(

banner_size.png

Possum

#66 Offline Tavakai

Tavakai
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,886 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 10:40 PM

That's Chimoru Omega III, which was created by Zakitano and Gavla for the ICC to use. Lots of the masks and heads are by me; one's by Philbert and a couple are by Gerlicky. And like Calvirick said, you can't use it; sorry.

button.png

#67 Offline General darix

General darix
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 14 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 16 2011 - 10:54 PM

ah,ok.
join the B.T.U or or I General darix will...will...ah...LINE!!!!!!!!
formaly known as apahkolypse.

#68 Offline Gavla

Gavla
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 10,520 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 10:14 AM

Morning, care for a new comic? I actually had a bit of fun with this one. Technological Blunder Part 2 Oh, look who's in the comic.

#69 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,428 posts

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 10:17 AM

Apparently everyone else that uses that device doesn't want to face the truth like these characters. :P

banner_size.png

Possum

#70 Offline Utah

Utah
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 322 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 10:17 AM

Morning, care for a new comic? I actually had a bit of fun with this one. Technological Blunder Part 2 Oh, look who's in the comic.

"You: Are- "I should show all my friends." "very interruptive."Loved that. Well done again, Gav!-Utah

Posted Image

Want to know why I have the Joland Seal of Approval? (and not just because I made it)

CLICKEH

Also, if you'd want to see a COT MLP comic topic, put this in your sig. Kthx. -Utah

#71 Offline {Adam Jensen}

{Adam Jensen}
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 403 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 10:32 AM

Haha, great new comics. I read up to the "Butler" comic and stopped, waiting for the forums to go back up. And it's a coincidence in the farm comic, a noob says "nope.avi", and my avatar says "Nope.avi". Though that was something interesting. Anyways, great to see you back in comic business!
Posted Image
"I like everyone, Dr. Reed."

#72 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,428 posts

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 10:34 AM

Sometimes I always wonder how such things, such as the nope.avi, become so well known across the internet. Probably the fail blog or something. Hey, Gav, how do you grow a noob anyway?

banner_size.png

Possum

#73 Offline {Adam Jensen}

{Adam Jensen}
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 403 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 10:38 AM

Sometimes I always wonder how such things, such as the nope.avi, become so well known across the internet. Probably the fail blog or something. Hey, Gav, how do you grow a noob anyway?

Just add water! On another note, I always thought of Gavla being like Gandrayda from Metroid: Corruption. Gavla is always the person that mocks people, and only cares about people that are his type. With that Makuta in his mind now, too, he can very well become corrupted and betray everybody.

Edited by ~={The Almighty Nope}=~, Oct 17 2011 - 10:39 AM.

Posted Image

#74 Offline Gavla

Gavla
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 10,520 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 10:58 AM

Tav's suggestion of pie being involved sounds like a good way to grow a Noob. Another friend off the computer said that if you wanted to eat a noob, the best course of action would be to boil them in a pot of intelligence. To clear out the poison, you see. As for you, Nope, you raise a very good point.

#75 Offline {Adam Jensen}

{Adam Jensen}
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 403 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 11:21 AM

Thanks, Gav. Also, I wish I knew how to use sprite sheets and how to edit them, because I have no idea how to use them. >.<
Posted Image

#76 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,428 posts

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 12:29 PM

There's MS Paint and Gimp. Paint, is good to manipulate the sprites. Gimp or PhotoShop CS(1+) are good to make cool graphics and make cool looking text. Kahi and Ennar are the best for gimp. I for one have used Photoshop and ONLY photoshop. I use gimp just to recolor my sprites. :3 Spriting is actually quite simple once you've gotten the hang of it. It's very addictive too. :)

banner_size.png

Possum

#77 Offline {Adam Jensen}

{Adam Jensen}
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 403 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 01:15 PM

There's MS Paint and Gimp. Paint, is good to manipulate the sprites. Gimp or PhotoShop CS(1+) are good to make cool graphics and make cool looking text. Kahi and Ennar are the best for gimp. I for one have used Photoshop and ONLY photoshop. I use gimp just to recolor my sprites. :3 Spriting is actually quite simple once you've gotten the hang of it. It's very addictive too. :)

I tried it with MS paint, I could never get the hang of it. Can we take this to PMs to keep the topic from derailing?

Posted Image

#78 Offline Darcsyde

Darcsyde
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,270 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 04:03 PM

I have a feeling that the PPad wil be revealing some rather nasty stuff in the future...

#79 Offline {Adam Jensen}

{Adam Jensen}
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 403 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 04:05 PM

I have a feeling that the PPad wil be revealing some rather nasty stuff in the future...

Now that you mention it... Where are the Ultra Sapper 3000s?

Posted Image

#80 Offline Gavla

Gavla
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 10,520 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 17 2011 - 04:26 PM

It probably will. Most likely. Anyway, I have the next comic done. However I have someplace to be, so expect it in a few hours. Like in two. Till then, if you think I should place some of the first post in spoiler tags, please tell me. If that would make stuff a bit more neat, I'll gladly do it.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users