Gavla's Comics: The End

Gavla

Now that's just getting creepy. Robot stalkers...

I don't like to make kiddie stuff, I need to make stuff that's serious. That has a plot with twists and things to get the reader's mind thinking. Comic- Awoken Among The Shards There is only one joy in my job as a comic maker. Making the readers think and question things.

And that's why I read your comics.

And that's why these comics are great: they stimulate the mind rather than letting it remain passive. Keep it up, man.Also, I vaguely remember at some point (back when AVID was running) that you said you weren't particularly fond of Old Gav, and that this was one of the motivations to begin AVID in the first place. Makes me wonder why he's the only one left to wander the Void. If it is really the Void at all anymore.

Edited by Cyrix

[Cyrix]

Personally, here is my understanding of this specific comic.

Gavla is walking through an endless desert in what looks like another void or the same void, we do not know yet but we'll figure it out as the comics go along, Gavla likes our questions. While Gavla is walking through the desert he encounters part of a stick which he recognizes as part of Xolapa's staff (if it had a specific name I forgot what it was). He immediately goes into a flashback type state where the audience is clarified that it was part of the staff by observing past comic events. The staff's power source/orb thing (the top part) was destroyed which I assume makes the staff's powers disappear. Afterward in the next panel it shows Gavla looking up in a way that is stereotypically used to show that a person is thinking about something. The next panel clarifies that when he suddenly looks back at the broken piece of the staff. He puts the staff back in whatever compartment Matoran and Toa use after 2006 where their weapons magically disappear (still not explained). Then he walks off.

So there remains a few questions.

Why was Gavla teleported to the Endless Desert and what purpose did that serve? (This may have been explained in the past few comics, but I got confused).

Why were the pieces of the staff teleported to the Endless Desert along with Gavla, and why is it hinted that the staff may be the key to something involving this desert if the staff was destroyed. Will he rebuild it somehow?

Where do these Matoran/Toa put their weapons/items when they go behind their back? (The world may never know...) (Seriously if anyone knows this tell me.)

Nice work on the comic as usual Gavla, and keep up the great work.

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Gavla is walking through an endless desert in what looks like another void or the same void, we do not know yet but we'll figure it out as the comics go along, Gavla likes our questions. While Gavla is walking through the desert he encounters part of a stick which he recognizes as part of Xolapa's staff (if it had a specific name I forgot what it was). He immediately goes into a flashback type state where the audience is clarified that it was part of the staff by observing past comic events. The staff's power source/orb thing (the top part) was destroyed which I assume makes the staff's powers disappear. Afterward in the next panel it shows Gavla looking up in a way that is stereotypically used to show that a person is thinking about something. The next panel clarifies that when he suddenly looks back at the broken piece of the staff. He puts the staff back in whatever compartment Matoran and Toa use after 2006 where their weapons magically disappear (still not explained). Then he walks off.

Why was Gavla teleported to the Endless Desert and what purpose did that serve? (This may have been explained in the past few comics, but I got confused).

Why were the pieces of the staff teleported to the Endless Desert along with Gavla, and why is it hinted that the staff may be the key to something involving this desert if the staff was destroyed. Will he rebuild it somehow?

Where do these Matoran/Toa put their weapons/items when they go behind their back? (The world may never know...) (Seriously if anyone knows this tell me.)

~Soran

1) The staff's name is Mr. Stick. This was clarified by "Life"(then simply called "New Gav") to Goggles upon meeting him for the first time(this was before EB). Mr. Stick goes by no other name.

2) I do not have much of an answer for your first question.

3) I know about as much for the second question as I do for the first.

4) In response to the third question, a suva: That small gear on the backs of matoran and toa acts as a portal. The same goes for Link in the The Legend of Zelda series of videogames:

Edited by Malignus

bBhcfWO.png

~Soran

I believe that it was alluded to that the ED is the post-destruction Void. I can't pull up the specific comic, but it showed the Void "fading into" the ED. It seems as though Gavla was protected from the destruction of the rest of the Void by being crystallized by MG-Goggles (MGoggles?). Because everything was destroyed, all that's left is a lifeless, dark desert, as opposed to the vibrant forest it once was.

I'm not sure why the pieces of the staff are in the ED as well, or what their significance is. As you said, they're probably a key to something or other, maybe something to do with the black-hole-thing we saw earlier. Maybe because it's what destroyed the Void?

And the staff piece went into Gavla's Hammerspace or something, I don't know. XD

[Cyrix]

The Void can not move. It can die, as established. It just can't move. It's like a living rock.

Comic-

Creator's Guilt

There are things never meant to be understood in these comics. Things I purposely leave vague. I love to have readers engage in thought and discussions. Your theories make this job wonderful.

Sometimes your theories are better compared to the actual truth of the subject.

Also, Gavla/Gavilan has pockets.

lovewarconga2.png

Can't really call him Cage Gavla anymore, since he lacks MG in his head.

Kinda silly how this one is always fated with some other being. Holding MG in his mind, filling in the roll of Death.

Essentially all Gavlas are meant to take on double rolls. ICC Gav keeps the peace. He can also destroy said peace in a single moment.

Comic-

Painful Collection

Also, someone stated that I dislike this Gavla. That's very true!

He is my first character made, and the one I despise the most. So naturally I gave him the worst fate.

lovewarconga2.png