Bootleg sets are on the rise again in europe

Toa of Ice - 1987

Earlier today i came across a new breed of fake sets. These new waves of sets called "Earth Tutearyl: Battle for invaders from space" are copying designs from hero factory: breakout sets. 
This was on a flea market type independent store in my country, havent seen these in major retailers like toys'r'us

Pros (if it can be considered good)

• clear rectangular boxes
  • content is visible (recolors are easily noticeable if i had wanted to see any of the parts)
  • dirt cheap...approximately 9 dollars for small sets, 12 dollars for the slightly bigger sets.
  • unique colors: lime green mark surge mask, red breakout evo mask, red HF handcuffs,red rockah mask, olive green chestplate
  • the injection mold hole in the zamor ball has a ccbs style triangular hole pattern instead of a single hole

Cons

• Like many bootleg lego's the colorscheme is very inconsistent red yellow black and red parts are unform color across all of these sets.
  • the lime green surge mask have plastic shavings visible in the eye hole which is a sign of low quality plastic.
  • they come prebuilt in the box and there barely a manuual for them. this could mean they are fragile if disassembled

buyers beware be on the lookout if you see these sets.

here's a example but the colors i saw were not perfect compared to these varieants but the boxxes are identical to what i saw

NOTE: I have tried one of them and the quality is absolutely poor, dont try to mix these with regular legos.
    EARTH-TUTELARY-Series-Children-s-Creativ
Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

Sad how the figures don't even match the stolen artwork.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

breakout? good lord i expected people would be on at LEAST the first wave of g2 bionicle sets by now, if not second wave

its a pity that these seem so low quality though. id kill for those breez swords but lord knows lego probably isnt going to make them with that particular colour scheme

bionicle is trans culture

breakout? good lord i expected people would be on at LEAST the first wave of g2 bionicle sets by now, if not second wave

its a pity that these seem so low quality though. id kill for those breez swords but lord knows lego probably isnt going to make them with that particular colour scheme

well theres lego digital designer for that but it still wont feel like owning the fantasy colored thing in real life

• Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

well theres lego digital designer for that but it still wont feel like owning the fantasy colored thing in real life

There's also paint. ;) If you're willing to use a bootleg piece, I see no reason you shouldn't be willing to use a modified official piece.

I don't think these "Earth Tutelary" bootlegs are anything new, even for the Breakout series — I believe I've seen pics of ones much like these in the past. Though it's bizarre that some of them spell "Tutelary" wrong, which almost makes them seem like bootlegs OF bootlegs. Since the picture you provided shows both the correct and incorrect spelling I'm willing to chalk it up to the same company having cruddy quality control, but who can say for sure?

One random quirk I'm noticing is that the hands on Surge and Evo seem to be the Glatorian/Agori style but with a CCBS-style ball cup. Overall, though, there's nothing about these that would make me want to pick them up.

• Upvote 2

Now how long do we have to wait before we get those sweet sweet bionicle bootlegs?

There are some in China.

With effort put into them.

They look like new protector sets.

Here's an image.

SRqCPMA.jpg

Edited by ToaTimeLord II

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Just tried out one of the earth tutearyl, sets, worst buy ever. the compatibility with regular ccbs brick is poor. some parts are too tight and others just wobble when attached to actual lego ccbs brick. worst waste of money ever.

Dont buy Earth Tutearyl if you think they will work with lego, the compatibility is poor and they break easily.

qs3135.jpg

Now how long do we have to wait before we get those sweet sweet bionicle bootlegs?

There are some in China.

Here's an image.

SRqCPMA.jpg

Those actually do look halfway decent; a pity they mislabeled Nilkuu as Korgot and Ekimu as Nilkuu.

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Any reviews up for those online? Those look amazing!

I know; they're the most legit bootlegs I've ever seen. That silver armor on Not-Kivoda evokes that prototype design for Mask Maker Makuta where he's silver rather than gold; you could actually build that if you could find a good paint for the Mask of Control and bought this guy.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Here's the reason why the rocka knockoff set interested me. it had these particular olive drab green parts and i tested it on a generic toa okoto build with a spare lewa mask and lime greens (not i had to use glue on those pieces to make them fit more tightly).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Bahrag/lewa/lewa_test.jpg

• Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

Here's the reason why the rocka knockoff set interested me. it had these particular olive drab green parts and i tested it on a generic toa okoto build with a spare lewa mask and lime greens (not i had to use glue on those pieces to make them fit more tightly).

I'm kindof intrigued now, if you mixed the OD parts from said bootleg with 2016 Pohatu and possibly some additional tan parts, if you could come up if a camoflage look.  I'd be interested if I could come up with a CCBS airsoft or paintball player.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Wait, did have to use glue? Or didn't have to use glue?

I only used a small ammount glue to around the grip edges on the bootleg parts to give them better grip. They are not permanently glued with regular bricks. The shells are otherwise wobbling like crazy. 

I'm kindof intrigued now, if you mixed the OD parts from said bootleg with 2016 Pohatu and possibly some additional tan parts, if you could come up if a camoflage look.  I'd be interested if I could come up with a CCBS airsoft or paintball player.

ticular olive drab green parts and i tested it on a generic toa okoto build with a spare lewa mask and lime greens (not i had to use glue on those pieces to make them fit more tightly).

I only own "pohatu master of stone" from 2015. I've swapped out a few parts and added the greens, of the included mettalic gunmetal instead of silver parts.

Ill just say this.... good hunting if you spot the real OD set like i found. 

Here is the best i could come up with based on camouflage test you asked for (sorry i dont have any tan parts from ccbs obi wan kenobi or other ccbs star wars figures)

pohatuc_camo_test.jpg

This other picture is how the set looked like if you ever stumble upon it. Its most likely sold in a dollar store retail stores like where i live.

bootleg_set.jpg

qs3135.jpg

Is there a place that those can be bought? PM me if so. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

There are some in China.

Here's an image.

SRqCPMA.jpg

There are also a bunch that are Bionicle Invasion from Below sets. Amazing mix, best bootlegs I've seen.

zbqmTjB.gif

JdH4VoF.gif

Where can I get these!

Those parts look so cool.

• Upvote 2

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I've got these sets at a local store recently, mainly for their masks. Parts which attach to ball joints (like chest and leg shields) can be swapped with Lego parts. Sets have various colors, it may differ from what's pictured on the box. But feet seem to have universal color, kind of a mix of gold and brown, like a bronze. 

IMG_6535a.jpg?raw=1

IMG_6537.jpg?raw=1

2.jpg?raw=1

1.jpg?raw=1

3.jpg?raw=1

СохранитьСохранить

Edited by Toa Super Nuva
  • Upvote 2

I've got these sets at a local store recently, mainly for their masks. Parts which attach to ball joints (like chest and leg shields) can be swapped with Lego parts. Sets have various colors, it may differ from what's pictured on the box. But feet seem to have universal color, kind of a mix of gold and brown, like a bronze. 

Those are definitely similar to the one i bought, their shells have the same square indentation between the separate studded holes on the armor shells. How is good is the interchangeability with real CCBS pieces ?

qs3135.jpg

Those are definitely similar to the one i bought, their shells have the same square indentation between the separate studded holes on the armor shells. How is good is the interchangeability with real CCBS pieces ?

Regarding ball joints it's pretty good. You slightly feel it's not identical to real CCBS but it easily works both ways. 

• 5 years later...

Why is are there typos in their main logo

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

On 3/23/2017 at 7:33 PM, Toa Super Nuva said:

IMG_6535a.jpg?raw=1

IMG_6537.jpg?raw=1

2.jpg?raw=1

1.jpg?raw=1

3.jpg?raw=1

СохранитьСохранить

their boxes have logo style similar to Toy Story logo:akaku:

Those Toy Story titled sets are rejects. They have no knees or elbows, bad color consistency and they look like they are intended to be buy two together to make a figure better scandal.
That shouldn't be a basis. Having to first combine 2 bland sets to create a more decent figure set is just weird. Combiners are usually bonuses.

On 9/8/2022 at 9:13 AM, (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-) said:

Isn't it just the quality of the photo?

Those minifigure Protector helmets look interesting even though they're copying the worst Hero Factory mecha's

Picture quality does not re-arrange letters. 

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 1 month later...