Tahu's Consequence

MetaStriker

Tahu's Consequence Banner

---

Tahu’s Consequence

Prologue: Capture

In Ko-Metru...

I have to keep running. For me. For them. For us.

Using his Suva to telepathically connect to his Kakama Nuva, Kopaka weaved in and out of the streets, past oblivious Dark Hunters and Makuta, as he sped towards the Silver Sea.

I don’t know why they didn’t tell me. They should’ve told me. Tahu wasn’t the only one who lost Lewa and Gali.

Kopaka stopped in an alley to catch his breath. Lewa’s death had been announced years ago with the disappearance of the Mahri. No one seemed to know how he died or where his body was…

That’s interesting. They could announce Lewa’s death. But they couldn’t acknowledge the statuses of the Mahri or Gali?

I’m starting to see why they didn’t trust her.

Checking warily around the corner using his Akaku, Kopaka sped out again, running to the shoreline. He slammed into a wall of protosteel.

“Argh!” Kopaka fell to the ground, his vision spinning out of control. “What the--how did I not see this?”

Considering that he literally has the Mask of Sight, I’m wondering the same thing.

...we couldn’t even make it two hundred words, could we?

Ugh...

In NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD...

Hey, I’m the one who’s supposed to think of some narration to follow up this awfully cheap plot point. And I can’t think of anything that could possibly make this any less cheesy.

Why don’t you just READ THE SCRIPT THAT I GAVE YOU?

Frankly, that’s no fun. And come on. You’d think that after the second rewrite of this chapter, you’d actually have something reasonable written down.

First of all, this is only the FIRST rewrite of this chapter. I added it in the anniversary edition.

Hm. Okay.

Second, the city’s in lockdown. There’s Dark Hunters and Makuta patrolling the streets. Of course there’s extra added security.

Sure.

And last, but CERTAINLY not least, you’re not the author of this comedy. Even you were, it wouldn’t fix the problems that you believe exist in it, because you’re the root of every single interruption and detraction from the story that has occurred thus far.

...ouch.

I’m really getting annoyed here. You need to calm it down, dude.

Are we done here yet? Or do you guys want to introduce yourselves?

We’ll save it for a happier chapter, Transition Guy. At the moment, I think Narrator needs to wallow in his own pity and actually do what I tell him to do.

Fair enough.

Minutes Later, at the Border of Ko-Metru…

“Hey! Wake up! I have to arrest you and capture you! Grrrrrrr!”

Kopaka’s eyes snapped open. A few feet above him, The Shadowed One bent over, looking down at Kopaka’s face. His face was trying to be terrifying, but the Toa was not fazed.

“Really? This huge, stealthy chase scene to escape Metru Nui, just to get caught by you?” Kopaka stood up calmly, staring TSO down. “This isn’t even a defeat in my eyes. It’s quite laughable, in fact. How’s your pizza protodermis rash faring?”

TSO blankly looked at Kopaka. “I’m not joking. I’m actually here to throw you in jail. And I mean, it certainly got oily and red, but I squeezed all the dots away. No worries.”

“That’s disgusting. You’ll definitely be scarred for life. Thankfully, that won’t be much longer for you.”

“What? The dots weren’t long! They were dots!”

Kopaka facepalmed. “You doofus. I meant your life.”

“Hey!” TSO took out his Staff of Protodermis and pointed it at Kopaka. “I may be dumb, but I’m not stupid!”

Down the Road…

“He’s so stupid,” Helryx muttered as she heartlessly steered her truck towards Kopaka.

“What? I don’t want to kill him!” Helryx turned to the audience. “He won’t die if I run him over! I promise!”

Instantly, her fourth tire blew out, making her lose control of the van. The van veered left and right down the street as it sped towards Kopaka and TSO.

Kopaka jumped back, hearing the van uncontrollably weave through the last two intersections. Diving out of the direct impact zone, Kopaka shot a sheet of ice into the street parallel to the protosteel shell. The truck exploded upon impact, launching Kopaka ten feet away, sprawling onto the concrete ground. He blacked out.

An Hour Later…

“Honey! Wake up!”

Helryx blinked. For a split-second, she saw that she had landed at the foot of the protosteel wall, which had broken open from the explosive impact. Her feet were hanging off the edge, into the Silver Sea.

“Never...again, Teridax.” She stood up, imbalanced from the explosion. Her armor, yet again, was scorched, and she was forty-nine percent sure she had broken her foot. “Where’s TSO?”

Teridax motioned behind him. TSO’s body was still. “No...don’t worry, he’s not dead. I’m pretty sure he’s just dreaming about the Link is Dead in Majora’s Mask theory.”

“Ugh. I kinda wish he didn’t make it, to be honest. And...Kopaka?”

“He’s holding on by a really thin icicle. We’re not sure if he’s going to make it.”

Helryx scowled. “That ice joke sucked. And no. We need him alive. He’s the only feasible key I have to find Tahu.”

“Oh,” Teridax said, stepping back. “My bad.”

“And get back here.” As he continued to shy away from Helryx, she strutted over and clamped his arm. “You’re not any better than them. You’re going to suffer the repercussions of your choices, just as everyone who has failed to support me will.

I am ruthless.”

To Be Continued…
---

Edited by MetaStriker
  • Upvote 2
The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

Very nice prologue, well-written, and still managing to be pretty funny yet serious. I will also add, as someone who didn't keep up with Tahu's Transport all the way through, I appreciate this being a little more approachable for new readers.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Very nice prologue, well-written, and still managing to be pretty funny yet serious. I will also add, as someone who didn't keep up with Tahu's Transport all the way through, I appreciate this being a little more approachable for new readers.

I'd hope it is too! This isn't a separate comedy by any means--but this second season is supposed to have a bit of a different feel to it. Most of the exposition is out of the way, after all, but I'm happy that it's approachable regardless.

---

Chapter 1: Encounter

In Creep Canyon...

Axonn sprinted through the scalding sand, trying to minimize the fourth-degree burns on his feet. Finding shade under a cliff, Axonn stopped and fell to his knees. He instantly jumped up in pain.

“Gah! Is this what being a Toa of Fire feels like?” Axonn tried to climb the rock, Breath of the Wild-style, but he failed, of course, slipping back down into the scorching-hot sand.

“Oh, forget it.” Axonn lay down, and passed out, dehydrated.

Bionicles don’t need water to survive.

That’s it. We’re having an Extra to deal with you.

Aw, yeah! Finally!

Some Unspecified Time Later…

Axonn’s eyes slowly fluttered open. It was still daytime, but a soft breeze was blowing through the canyon. It was also blowing sand in Axonn’s face. “Axxie isn’t sure if this was worth a raise,” the titan said, sniffling.

The wind howled in the distance. To Axonn’s right, a Thornatus V7 approached closely. Noticing the titan, the pilot tried to veer away from him, but he failed, crushing Axonn’s feet into the sand.

“OW! WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR? COME BACK HERE, YOU PIECE OF CENSORED!”

The Thornatus V7 halted suddenly, about ten feet away from Axonn, screeching in pain. A red-orange Glatorian hopped out and ran back. “Oh my gosh, sir, I’m so sorry…are you alright?” Ackar asked, extending his hand to help the titan stand.

“Sir? Aren’t you the old sir around here?” Axonn stood up, cringing in pain, and unsheathed his axe. “Axxie did not deserve that.”

“I...pardon me.” Ackar pulled his hand back. “I prefer to be called Ackar.”

“Axxie is going to call you whatever he wants, old man.” The titan grabbed Ackar’s arm. “Tell Axxie where he is, and where he can find Tahu, or else--”

“I said, I prefer to be called Ackar.”

Axonn smirked. “What? Axxie isn’t calling you a car…that’s unbelievably stupid. I’ll call you fire flower, old man. And I’ll call you much worse if you don’t help me.”

Ackar’s eyes hardened.

“I guess it works, then.” Axonn sheathed his axe and motioned to the Thornatus V7. “Now, volcano, if you could just give Axxie a ride to the nearest--“

“Wig salon? Nothing was closer to my mind.” The Glatorian was fuming at Axonn, and took out his sword. Axonn giggled.

“Oh, you don’t want to fight Axxie. You might break your back, oldie.”

Ackar slashed his sword downward, striking Axonn’s leg. As the titan shrieked in pain, Ackar did the same to his other leg, smashing his face into the burning sand. “At least I don’t hitchhike, you ungrateful CENSORED.” He hopped into his Thornatus, speeding into the evening for his match against Gelu.

“Axxie...will get you for this.” A moment, and the tyrant was again silent, passed out in the searing sand.

In the Sea of Liquid Sand…

Tahu trudged through the desert, his steps feeling heavier as he went on. A feeling of loneliness went through his mind as he looked around him. There was nothing in the barren desert.

Gali should be here somewhere. She has to be.

And yet, I know she can’t be.

He tried to take another step, but his foot wouldn’t leave the sand. Tahu pulled at his foot again, but he only felt himself fall deeper. He looked down. He was sinking.

No...this isn’t happening. There has to be someone. Someone, anyone...

Tahu looked around. There was no sign of life in sight.

Well, as long as it isn’t anyone from the Empire. But dang it. This could very well be the end of my adventures.

In the Underground Lab of the Great Beings…

“Test it again.”

The gold mask glowed, and a blue portal appeared in front of the two beings. It swirled with the same energy the Transport had, but it gave off a raw aura, rather than one created by the Transport’s artificial technology.

“I want to see shores. The tropics. Blue, arching waves over a soft, sandy beach…”

The mask glowed blue, and the portal showed the shores of Ta-Wahi Beach. The sun, setting in the distance, reflected in the arced waves, softly crashing onto the shores of Mata Nui.

“Focus...very good. Now---”

A brown and silver being wandered into the view of the portal, staring up at the stars. The gold-masked being looked next to him.

“Don’t you dare. Don’t say a word. He’ll--oh no, he heard us.”

Ahkmou’s head snapped to the side. A few feet away from him, a portal had opened into a dark lab. He had never seen it before in his life, in fact, it looked like it could be on an ancient world to him.

“WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! CLOSE THE PORTAL ALREADY! OUR COVER’S BEEN BLOWN, YOU BRUTAL FOOL!”

The gold-masked being slapped himself in the mask, which popped off. The portal snapped shut instantly, closing on Ahkmou’s shocked, jaw-dropped face.

“You know, you’re the one who started talking first,” the being muttered as he reached to put his mask back on.

“Oh, do shut up. You wouldn’t be alive if it wasn’t for me--I mean, us.” The being left the room, chains rattling, footsteps echoing, slowly cackling.

To Be Continued...

---

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

The plot thickens! I'm very interested in how Ahkmou factors into this and who the golden-masked being is, and Ackar's bits were hilarious. Another good episode.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Oh geez. It's been a little over a month, and as one of my activities died down, of course others sprung up. Because of course they did.

This PSA has admittedly been written for a while; I did finish writing Chapter 2 today. It's long and very heavy, but with revisions it should be out next week sometime.

If I can get my life back in order.

---

PSA #1: NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD In Brief

So, you’ve probably been wondering who we are for a decent amount of time now…

...and why I’ve been interrupting the comedy so much…

You can’t even get yourself away from interrupting PSAs, can you? You are a sad, strange little man--

--except we’re not men! No! We are NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD, and we are the team that serves to make this comedy possible! Transition Guy, time for script!

On it!

Ex: Welcome to Public Service Announcement Number One! I am your host, Extra Guy and oh man, is it my pleasure to lead this wonderful PSA today!

Narrator: Don’t you mean PDA?

Ex: Absolutely not! Anyway, today’s topic is “NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD In Brief,” so we will be discussing this by meeting the entire group of elites that run NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD!

TNTS: Narrator is not an elite.

Ex: Well, this is a great segue! Our first and absolutely most foremost, the heart and soul of this comedy, Tahu Nuva: Toa of Silver!

TNTS: THANK YOU! Oh, thank you, I am truly honored.

Ex: TNTS is the original author of The Adventures of Tahu, so even though his current username on BZP is “MetaStriker,” he elected to have his old personality from years past be in charge of the remake-remakes!

TNTS: I don’t think it could have happened any other way, honestly. I yam what I am.

Ex: Anyway! Nex up is--oh no, my bad…

Nex: What happened? Did I miss anything?

Ex: ...get out of here. That pun was overused in the last two comedies. We’re not bringing it back.

Nex: What? I wasn’t in The Ashes, period!

Ex: ...that’s not what I was referring to. Frankly, no one ever referred to that comedy much. It flunked.

TNTS: I blame Meta.

Ex: And NEXT up we have the slightly-controversial-but-actually-pretty-hilarious Narrator!

Narrator: Hey hey! Thanks so much. Means so much more coming from you than from the author of the comedy that couldn’t bloody care less about me.

TNTS: (sighs) Look, I don’t hate you--

Narrator: you hate me--

Ex: You hate him.

TNTS: No...it’s just that you don’t stop. You don’t know when to stop cracking jokes or when to respect me--

Narrator: I’m supposed to respect you?

TNTS: I’m trying to be LEGITIMATE here. Not joking. You do your job fairly well.

Narrator: Better than you do yours.

TNTS: …

Narrator: Fine. I’ll take that as a compliment. Even though it’s coming from you.

Ex: Master, are you okay?

Ex: ...okay…! Next up, we have our Censorer, who censors certain curse words and inappropriate language to keep clean and to keep ourselves from killing each other!

Censorer: I’ll admit, your statement was a tad edgy, bnt I suppose it was necessary to get the point across, so I’ll keep it.

Ex: She also censors certain names and places, like NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD, to prevent spoilers and maintain security standards.

Censorer: That I do. I keep a very tight grip on NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD so you readers will neither know the true name nor location of NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD.

Ex: It’s a pretty straightforward job. I could probably do it myself.

Censorer: You underestimate my abilities. I could cut your entire existence out of this comedy if I so chose.

Ex: Well...my apologies. No need to be censorist. Anyway, on the more obscure side of things, we have Guardius and Formata.

Narrator: I’m sorry, who??

Ex: In the original comedy, we had the Po-Police, which served as guards for people who dissented against the interests of NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD along with Guardius, who served as a personal bodyguard to TNTS.

TNTS: I decided to combine the interests of the Po-Police and Guardius into just Guardius, who, as an individual, can take on all of these functions spectacularly.

Guardius: If anyone, ANYONE, tries to cross Master, I kill them. With one thumb.

TNTS: We also found the need for Formata, who prevents the format of this comedy from going berserk. Line spacings, font size, font shape, and alignment are her priorities.

Formata: You bet they are.

TNTS: She also speaks on the right alignment, because..why not, I guess?

Formata: Well, frankly, I believe the right alignment is underrated. No one ever uses it, and because I do, it helps balance the text on the left side with a flair of uniqueness.

TNTS: Fresh new ideas. Critical to the growth of our beloved comedy. If you ever have any suggestions, put them in the comments below. We’ll make sure to answer them all.

Narrator: Yeah, except you didn’t answer mine about letting me interrupt the comedy more to make it funnier.

TNTS: Guardius.

Guardius: You better watch it. I know quite a few Turaga that’d want to reclaim their narrating jobs from the original comedy!

Narrator: You were barely in the original comedy! Literally no one either knew and/or cared about your existence!

Ex: AND...lastly. Our Transition Guy. Without him, we wouldn’t be able to transition so smoothly between various scenes throughout chapters and seasons of the series. We’d have no one to start chapters, nor end chapters. And right now, we need someone to end this chapter. Right. Now.

Transition Guy: What?? I was actually enjoying being able to relax while you guys were bantering about how to introduce the team behind the comedy and NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD and THEN all the fighting, pointless fighting. I got 804 words of sleep!

Ex: You know, for someone who’s supposed to be really good at transitioning, that was a terribly long run-on sentence.

Transition Guy: Hey, at least you know it’s better than the Star Wars transition wipes.

Ex: And folks, usually I don’t get involved, but I really don’t want this team to fall apart. Even if I did like Meta better--

TNTS: ...did you dare just say--nope. No. Just end it. NOW.

Transition Guy: Fine.

End of PSA #1

---

So now we know who actually runs this comedy. (Honestly, I guess I'm just the posterboy.) Thoughts? :lol:
  • Upvote 1

As promised. This one's really long, but it is important.

I mean, if it wasn't important, would it even be a chapter???

:dazed:  :dazed:  :dazed:

Chapter 2: Doubt

*SMACK* SMACK*

“Agh!!” Whenua grabbed his hand in pain, having smacked the desk he was sitting at. “The Council is...oww...in session.”

“Really, you still haven’t found the gavel yet?” Onewa muttered, rolling his eyes.

“Hey, quiet-shut up. We looked everywhere around the Archives,” said Matau. “They must’ve taken it as evidence.”

“They didn’t find any evidence. Tahu burnt it all.”

“Hey!!” Whenua smacked his hand on the desk again, immediately cringing from the pain. “Can’t we just...OW...get on with this already?”

“Honestly, we have a lot to cover---”

“Is telling any of the Toa Nuva of our suspicions part of your agenda, Nokama?” Onewa jeered. “We could’ve saved them.”

“It was part of Nuju’s.”

That got deep.

Until you killed the effect of it being deep. Thanks, Narrator.

“Listen. If we didn’t know that this was happening, how would we be able to help you?” Onua said. “Gali’s disappearance wasn’t really your loss. It was ours.”

“And we’ll do anything--destroy anything--to get her back,” added Pohatu.

“The Toa make a very, very fair point,” said Vakama. “But, as you must realize, this is not solely your loss either. We all grieve in the fact that Gali could be dead, yet we fight and hope we are not fighting in vain.”

“That said,” Whenua dropped his hand on the table, “the Turaga Council had reached a decision before you and others formally became involved. With the expansion of our efforts, we have chosen to become the Resistance Council...and relegate our head positions to be chairpersons. The Resistance Council Leader is Takanuva. His Vice President is Nuhrii.”

Slowly, steadily, Nuhrii rose straight from his seat. He felt taller, stronger than he ever had before. He felt pride, akin to the pride of a decorated warrior. He felt warmth as the power of fire seemed to course through his veins; he could almost picture Tahu, somewhere on a different world, smiling.

But something was clearly wrong about the occasion. As applause from others died down, their heads circled around the room in confusion. Scanning the room, Nuhrii immediately understood why. He was the only one standing.

“Where’s Takanuva?” asked Whenua.

Nuhrii facepalmed. “He...he was captured.”

In Daxia Fortress…

Taka jumped.

The cold spotlight seared his eyes as it flashed on. He tried to cover them. His hands were trapped, bound to a slab of cold, unyielding protosteel by silvery casts.

A low buzz. Taka quickly shut his eyes as another white spotlight turned on. When he reopened them, he saw a figure vaguely resembling Makuta Teridax, but his armor was so twisted from the Battle of Ko-Metru that he was barely recognizable.

Oh...that’s right. The battle. The one I missed to tan.

Taka would never fully understand why he hadn’t gotten the memo about the battle, but he deeply regretted not being there. He wasn’t sure if the Turaga--if anyone would ever forgive him. But he would never, ever betray them.

“You two are both in equal amounts of trouble, yet this will fluctuate depending on how you behave in this questioning,” Helryx’s voice emanated from the darkness. “Anything you say will be used against you. And if you’re silent, that will also be used against you.”

Wow, what a CENSORED.

Hey, I should use that rule on you too. In fact, it’s effective immediately.

In that case, you might as well not have me narrate then.

...huh.

“You have been accused under the conditions of threatening a fight that we did not need. You both played a role in further tearing apart the power of the Orderly Empire over its people. I heard all of it. I yearn to know your motives for promoting such...troublesome behavior.”

“But Helryx, I was merely serving your--”

“You will refer to me as empress, Makuta Teridax,” Helryx sneered. “You are not above my reign. Only I am.”

We are too, right?

I feel like I shouldn’t need to answer this question, but without us, there would be no “reign.”

“Takanuva. You were completely aware of this...diversion in Ko-Metru, yet you did not hesitate to engage in argument with Makuta. Why was this? Did you have any prior suspicions about his alliances?”

“Suspicions? Why would I have suspicions? Are you trying to imply I thought Teridax was evil the entire time?” Taka chuckled. “You’re really downgrading yourself there. This is quite humorous.”

“No, it most certainly is not,” Helryx scoffed. “How would you imply that Teridax is evil? You must have sources. Perhaps...a resistance group.”

She knows? But wait. Maybe she doesn’t really know.

“If you’re paranoid enough to believe that because of one simple battle, the world is about to turn against you...I guess I can’t stop you,” Taka tried to shrug, even though he was tied down. “But in my opinion? You don’t deserve for the world to even give you that attention.”

“No. Stop talking. You’re not authorized to roast me.” Helryx snapped her fingers, and Taka’s spotlight went out. On the interrogation floor, Taka screamed as his restraints tightened, his slab sinking smoothly into the floor. “Now, Makuta, I expect this to be...oh, I don’t know, easier, so I hope. Why would you engage a fighter you know you can’t win against?”

Teridax growled. “Empress, I’ve grown stronger...I know I can tear him--”

“I do not care about what you can do. You have no need to show off to me. I won’t be flattered in the slightest.”

Helryx watched Teridax’s face droop, heartbroken.

“You are the Assistant to Her Orderly Empress. You are my right-hand. But you cannot go off on tangents and exploit your plan according to what you would want to do. You gave up your plan eleven years ago, and yet you still act like you own the empire.”

“Empress...I’m sorry, I can’t...you have to let me have a say...I could destroy them all…” Teridax sniffled.

“Really.” Another spotlight flashed on, in the interrogation booth several feet above the floor. Helryx turned to Teridax. “A say. My power is weak enough already. How dare you doubt me, as all the Matoran, Toa, and Turaga have. I trusted you.

One week on the island of Mata Nui. Never will you doubt me again.” Both lights shut.

In Helryx’s Office...

“You know, you don’t need to do this right now. I heard you’ve had a heck of a day.”

“You don’t have the right to decide when you get interrogated. You’re lucky I chose to do this in my office; the white spotlights were really hurting my eyes.”

Only an hour had passed since Taka and Teridax had been interrogated. Once Helryx had eaten lunch and authorized Kopaka’s health, she ordered him into her office for yet another questioning session.

“I think I’m getting better at how to handle these. I’ve never had to interrogate so many beings in one day. But I guess that’s what happens when your people turn against you. Thanks, Toa,” Helryx growled.

“Come on. It’s not like I knew this was going to happen,” Kopaka shrugged.

“Then why’d you run away? Why believe them? What are they promising you?”

Kopaka blinked. He saw himself, standing among the Toa Mata as they channeled their elemental powers into the Bahrag. He blinked again, seeing himself celebrate Makuta’s defeat in Mangai. Again, seeing himself wave Lewa off to find the Codrex. Waving Gali off after their meeting five years ago. Again. He saw himself, a cold tear dropping from his eye, kneeling down in front of a stasis tube, his friend floating above him---

Kopaka blinked. The door to the right of Helryx glowed a light blue in front of him. Behind the wall, he saw seven stasis tubes.

Before Helryx could stop him, Kopaka jumped out of his chair, froze the handle of the door and shattered it in one fell swoop; the door crashed to the floor easily. Rushing in, Kopaka knelt at the first stasis tube in the room, and looked up.

Gali floated above him. A cold tear dropped from his eye.

To Be Continued…

---

And so they have been found! But what lies next for the Resistance?

It doesn't get easier from here...find out what happens nex in Chapter 3!!

• Upvote 1

SURPRISE!!!

You all thought I'd end up posting the next chapter after eight days.

Or after a month.

But I pleasantly surprised you. Be honored. Be happy. Get excited.

---

Chapter 3: Discovery

It can’t end like this. I won’t let it.

Flailing his arms around the Sea of Liquid Sand, Tahu tried to heat the sand around him. He tried to push his feet out of the sinkhole. He tried screaming.

Nothing seemed to work.

Come on, this is too cliche of a demise for me. I would have rather died back fighting Helryx! This is ludicrous!

A slight buzz in the distance. Tahu stopped flailing for a second, and turned his head around. A vehicle, blue and silver, sped through the sand, carefully following the outline of signposts against the sand sea.

Wow. I can read. “HELP ME!” Tahu yelled, waving his arms in the air. He started to sink again. “PLEASE! I DON’T WANNA DIE!”

Well, this is about as cliche as it gets. I mean, unless I die.

Because this chapter couldn’t dare to stop being cliche, the pilot of the vehicle quickly braked, flying off the handlebars. Reaching across the bottom of the sign, a blue, green-eyed being casually grabbed Tahu’s arm and hauled him onto the surface. Shocking, right?

Where am I going to find a replacement for you?

Tahu looked up. “Thank...thank you.”

The being smiled. “No problem. I can tell you’ve been through a lot lately. My name is Berix.”

More than you could ever imagine, Tahu thought. “I’m Tahu,” he said, extending his hand. Sheathing his weaponry, Berix took it and helped the Toa stand up. A surge of heat ran through his grip.

“Were you scavenging for the Underground Lab of the Great Beings?”

Tahu’s eyes widened. The Great Beings...he had lived under their morals his entire life. Had they as well? “I’m sorry...I really haven’t been around these parts of this planet much.”

Berix shrugged. “Fair enough. The lab isn’t worth your time anyway. I mean, I wish I could know...but it’s so lifeless around here.” Berix hopped into the main car of his Kaxium V3, revving the engine. “Come with me. There’s a Glatorian match in Vulcanus tonight, then I’ll give you the grandiose tour. Not that there’s much to see beyond miles and miles of sand, anyways.”

In the Vulcanus Arena…

“Oh, good. She’s reserved us a spot, I was worried we’d be late, this match is a battle against the classics but these are always my favorite--”

A few hours had passed as Tahu and Berix trekked up to Vulcanus for the Glatorian match. Berix had talked basically the entire time, but Tahu enjoyed listening and being in Berix’s company. He was so full of wonder, so full of desire. One could say he reminded Tahu of himself, but hey, that’d just be self-centered.

Thank goodness you don’t remind me of me.

Actually, I’d consider that an honor.

The two sat down next to a taller blue being, who resembled more of a warrior rather than a scavenger. A large silver trident was sheathed on her back, yet Tahu, again felt no elemental aura around her, or any of the other beings present in the arena.

Hah. Did I actually think she would be here?

“This is my new friend, Tahu,” Berix said, casually introducing him. “He was drowning in the Sea of Liquid Sand, but I saved him.”

The warrior rolled her eyes, smirking. “Huh. Clearly an unusual circumstance, but I’ll ignore it. I’m Kiina.”

Her eyes met Tahu’s, and time seemed to stop. Tahu felt the evening breeze of five years past, the stars shining down on her--on Gali’s face. He smiled. “Hey, Gali.”

Kiina looked confused. “I’m sorry, what?”

Tahu jumped, his dream dissipating in front of him. “Oh!! I’m so sorry Gali--I mean, Kiina. Nice to meet you, too.”

“Why do you keep mistaking me for this Gali person? My name is Kiina, and I’m definitely not your ex-girlfriend.”

“Ouch,” Berix said. “Kiina, lay off on him. He’s had a long day.”

“Yeah. I’m sorry, Gali.” Tahu extended his hand to Kiina. “Wait. I meant Kiina.”

Kiina glared at him.

Honestly, though, the two look nothing alike. Is it because they’re both blue and water-related? That is so racist.

It’s not racist...it’s just a common mistake.

Shore it is. *slaps knee*

*glare intensifies*

On the Arena Floor…

Ackar wiped a bead of sweat from his forehead, picking up his Fire Sword. Sighing, he motioned to Raanu, who blew the battle horn.

“Beings from across the Skrall Empire,” Raanu proclaimed. “We welcome you all tonight…”

Ackar stared across the arena at his opponent, the Ice Glatorian, Gelu. They both knew they did not want to battle each other, and yet, they had to. If they did not put up a decent battle, the Skrall officials present would slaughter both warriors within seconds of each other. Against both of their wills, one fighter would have to triumph for the sole purpose of cruel and unusual entertainment.

“You honor our arena with your combat. May your swords and shields be ever in your favor.” Raanu blew the horn once more, and the battle commenced.

Separating his Ice Slicer, Gelu charged at Ackar. Ackar sidestepped, pushing his Fire Sword against Gelu to send him sprawling to the ground. Ackar leapt over to Gelu and swung his sword down, but Gelu blocked it, propelling himself up as he parried Ackar’s move. He aimed his Thornax and shot it at Ackar, who deflected it with the hilt of his shield, but Ackar struggled to block Gelu’s dual strikes, soon finding himself weary.

Oh, if anything could stop this match right now.

“HEY! OLDIE! AXXIE FOUND YOU!” Axonn rushed onto the arena floor, gripping his axe in his hand. The battle horn sounded.

Anything but this.

Gelu stepped away from Ackar, kneeling from exhaustion. “Who are you? What are you doing?”

“Getting revenge for what this old man did. No one disrespects Axxie,” Axonn growled, raising his axe.

“NO!”

Tahu leapt down from the stands, activating his Hau Nuva to protect the warriors, pushing the titan away. “I wish I could get revenge for what you did to me,” Tahu grunted, unsheathing his Magma Swords. “Here, let me help you up.”

He helped Ackar stand up. “Well, thank you, but who on Bara Magna are you?” Ackar’s head circled around the shield he and Tahu were encased in.

“That--is Tahu, the Toa Nuva of Fire. Of course, he really isn’t worthy of the Toa name,” retorted Axonn as he stood up. “If he were, he wouldn’t have turned against Axxie. Against the Empire.”

“Well, maybe we don’t want to be ruled under the Empire,” jested Kiina as she ran down to the battlefield. “Maybe we don’t want to be ruled by what scares us, maybe we want to rule ourselves for the better of all of us.”

“Maybe we don’t want to be restricted, but we want the freedom to learn. The freedom to be happy.” Berix followed Kiina, and other Glatorian and Agori stood in ovation. The Skrall officials looked at each other, uneasy.

“Tell me, Axonn.” Tahu knocked Axonn’s axe from his grasp, letting it skid across the floor. “Don’t you want this, too? Don’t you want freedom from Helryx? Don’t you want revenge, having let her rule over your life?” He pointed his swords at the titan, and Ackar, Gelu, Kiina and Berix followed suit as other beings motioned similarly.

An explosion sounded, shooting piles of the wall of the arena across the stands and the field. Behind the explosion, hundreds of Skrall warriors, led by mounted Bone Hunters, flooded into Arena Vulcanus.

The remains of the arena burned in the cold, endless darkness of the night.

---

Chapter 3 is done.
Chapter 4 is coming soon.
What did you all think?
#haiku
  • Upvote 1

This one was great in terms of writing, characterization, especially character interactions. I love both the comedy of Tahu interacting with the Bara Magnans (especially Kiina) and the genuine horror of this alternate Bara Magna ruled by the Skrall, forcing the Glatorian into battle to show their dominance rather than for diplomacy. It's all very reminiscent of Dark Mirror, in the best way possible.

The only thing is that I will admit I am getting a little bit lost, which is probably contributed by the inconsistent updates (I do appreciate this one coming to quickly).I did forget Ackar was a character at all and had to backtrack a little. But, when it comes to updating comedies in a timely manner, you've actually got me beat, so I can't complain too much, especially because the characters and plot really were enough to carry it without knowing exactly how it all got set up. Great episode.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

This one was great in terms of writing, characterization, especially character interactions. I love both the comedy of Tahu interacting with the Bara Magnans (especially Kiina) and the genuine horror of this alternate Bara Magna ruled by the Skrall, forcing the Glatorian into battle to show their dominance rather than for diplomacy. It's all very reminiscent of Dark Mirror, in the best way possible.

The only thing is that I will admit I am getting a little bit lost, which is probably contributed by the inconsistent updates (I do appreciate this one coming to quickly).I did forget Ackar was a character at all and had to backtrack a little. But, when it comes to updating comedies in a timely manner, you've actually got me beat, so I can't complain too much, especially because the characters and plot really were enough to carry it without knowing exactly how it all got set up. Great episode.

I haven't read Dark Mirror in years, but thank you for the comparison :)

I'll be honest, when I was writing Chapter 3 my draft initially introduced Ackar as if he was a new character, but I then remembered he had been in Chapter 1 and I was able to cut that part out. My approach to the separate plotlines has been to separate them between chapters for the most part, but maybe I'll look into changing that as I finalize Chapter 5 and keep writing.

With that...

---

Chapter 4: Reinvention

The cold, dark hall of Makuta’s old throne room would have turned most beings away, but returning to Mangaia gave Teridax solace. For a thousand years, the tyrant had been able to bask in the endless shadows of the mountain, never worrying about the possibility of uprising, of defeat, of change. Everything not only seemed so simplistic in the past, it was simplistic...mainly because Teridax’s power, after the Great Cataclysm, had been proven and was feared by all.

Still, Teridax was anything but thrilled that Helryx’s idea of exile was to send Makuta Teridax to the arena he fought Toa in--and lost. Despite all that Teridax had accomplished beforehand, the reminder that he lost to the Toa Mata and Takanuva twice within two years remained significant in how Teridax’s reputation stood, both socially and to himself. The defeats caused Teridax to doubt and eventually allowed Helryx to completely overcome him and his plan. All that Teridax had stood for in Mangaia, in Metru Nui and in Voya Nui all seemed for nothing at this point. Helryx had stripped him as a puppet of his former self to carry out her desires, and there was nothing he could do about it.

He sat on his throne. He felt powerless.

*CLANG*

Teridax jumped, startled. “What was that?” He received no verbal answer, but heard slight scraping in the distance as a piece of metal was removed from the floor.

“You can’t hide now. Show yourself--whatever you are.”

“Ah, so now you’re exercising your power.” The snarky voice of a Matoran echoed through the hall. “Should’ve done that instead of engaging Takanuva...again.”

“That’s how I was planning to exercise my power, Ahkmou. I’ve learned that lurking behind the shadows is ineffective. You have to create your own.”

“Well, that’s what I’m doing.” Ahkmou’s voice emanated from the darkness. Teridax lifted some of the room’s shadow, revealing a large gate in front of the Three Virtues lakes. On the other side of the gate, the Po-Matoran sat on the floor, piecing and wiring together a motherboard. “What are you doing?”

“I was about to ask you the same.” Teridax scoffed, yet he was enthused over Ahkmou’s invention. As he observed the architecture, he noticed the gateway came from the protosteel Hau that had once separated Metru Nui from Mata Nui. The Matoran plastered wires and boards around the base and the arch of the gate; the wires drew power from the Energized Protodermis next to the contraption.

“Well, I meant what you were doing to create the shadow. Come on. You’re making it too easy for me to throw shade at you right now.”

For the record, you make it too easy for me to throw shade at you, too.

I mean, unless I fire you.

Hey, just because you fire me doesn’t mean I don’t have the right to roast you.

*bangs head on desk*

“Seriously. You’re sitting here, exiled, while Helryx tries to stop the rebellion, while Axonn tries to hunt Tahu down, and while Karzahni builds up an army. Heck, even The Shadowed One is probably doing something more productive than you right now. And you know what,” Ahkmou stormed up to the throne. “I’m tired of feeling like I’m an outcast. Like I’m a puppet, like there’s no way I can be good enough to make use of myself to the Empire. That’s why I built this--my own teleporter.”

They were silent. Slowly, Teridax stood up, walking down to the gate. Running his hand along the smooth, cold edge, he turned back to Ahkmou.

“Just because we serve her doesn’t mean we’re slaves to her. And I’m tired of feeling like I can’t do anything.” Ahkmou pressed a button, and a blue vortex swirled inside the Black Hole. He smiled. “Because I can. And you have that power too.”

In the Stasis Room…

Kopaka had tried to fight his way back to the stasis tubes containing Gali and the Toa Mahri, but Helryx had pushed him to the other side of the room. Though she was far more skilled with her mace, Helryx had advanced training with her staff, and combined with her psychometric powers, the Toa Nuva of Ice tired as a result.

“I...will...not...let YOU defeat me!” Helryx panted, stabbing her staff into Kopaka’s shield. Her aim sent the staff into the shield’s useless center hole, and Kopaka fell back. She took a deep breath and drove the staff down, but Kopaka rolled, knocking the staff away from him. He lay on the ground for a few seconds, trying to regain strength and stand, but Helryx slammed the bottom of her staff into his leg, and he fell flat to the ground.

I can’t let her win. I mean, she’s literally psycho.

And I’ve come so far for them.

A single crystal of ice. Kopaka harnessed the idea of the crystal multiplying, and so it did---into snow, into hail, into a blizzard. As the temperature in the room harshly dropped, Kopaka willed his energy to completely expel outward into the room, freezing everything it came into contact with. A few seconds later, a flash of light. The Toa Nuva thudded once more to the ground.

An Hour Later…

“Kopaka! Are you okay?”

His eyes flashed open. The ground below him was colder than the highest peak of Ko-Wahi, and the ceiling above reflected his image in a light blue sheet of ice. As he reached to his feet, he felt his hands slide across the slippery surface of the icy floor, and he attached his skate blades to his feet, standing. “You escaped?”

“Kopaka, you froze half of the fortress over,” Taka chuckled, holding onto Kopaka for dear life so he wouldn’t slip and fall.

Would---

I would rather fall flat on my face and break all of my joints than do that with you.  

“Everything just crystallized over, and the protosteel cracked. I was able to wiggle myself out within thirty minutes, stop at the food court on the other side of the fortress, and go wake you up.”

Kopaka glanced over at Helryx, who was frozen solid, kneeling on the floor. Her expression was either something of pure anger at Kopaka or a really haughty stank face. “Is she--like that for good?”

“I’d guess that she isn’t,” Taka shrugged. “We should probably get moving regardless, we need to get back to the Resistance--”

But Kopaka had already turned to the stasis tubes, which were, surprisingly, still liquid. The glass, however, looked frosted enough to be cracked, and Kopaka raised his shield.

“Now, wait just a minute,” Taka stumbled over to Kopaka, who was standing in front of Matoro’s tube. “I’ll be honest, I scanned these before I woke you up, and I sense sha--”

But Kopaka had already sliced the stasis tube, letting the glass shatter and warm water spill out as Matoro fell to the ground. Kopaka skated along the row quickly, liberating each Toa. He whipped around, facing Taka on the other side of the room. “Don’t you want them free? Don’t you know how badly we’ve wanted them--and now they’re--”

Kopaka tried to finish his sentence, but the Toa was wrapped in a chokehold. Behind him, Gali, the missing Toa Nuva of Water, had finally been reawoken--but as her eyes glowed red, it became clear that she had not been found.

In the Underground Lab of the Great Beings…

The being sits in front of a screen, portraying several different locations at the present time. In one area of the screen, the Bone Hunters set fire to an arena as others cart prisoners away. In another area, a battle ensues in a frozen room where friends are fighting against friends. In another area, a mask lies at the bottom of a misty, rancid swamp. In another area, a narrator is being yelled at by his unyielding, rude boss---

Oh, I’ve HAD IT. You’re going to court.

In the center area, the being stares at himself. He ponders all he has done. He has mastered control of the power that has captivated his interest for so long, and he desires so badly to make use of it.

“You clearly do not have mastery yet,” a voice whispers, the small jingle of chains rattling in the air. “If you did, you couldn’t have done what you did three chapters ago.”

“I do. I’ve proven this to you over and over again. You were the one that talked to him.”

“That matters not. Where do your loyalties really lie? Did you really fake, all these years, that it was with me--excuse me, with us?” A small roar echoed throughout the lab.

“Please. I need to--I need to save him before it’s too late.”

Knowing full well that the being in question could not be saved, Vezon smiled in the darkness. “Then, by all means. Go to him.”

To Be Continued…

---

Chapter 4 is done.

Chapter 5 is coming soon.

But nex, a special!!

Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

Another good chapter. I love the twist with Gali.

I am suspecting this could work as a serious, non-comedic story. Sometimes, those two elements don't work together perfectly. The banter between the writer and the narrator are funny, but it sometimes feels like it interrupts the main story, and the type of humor this story uses could easily be transplanted to another one. Have you ever considering writing this as a purely serious work?

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

I am suspecting this could work as a serious, non-comedic story. Sometimes, those two elements don't work together perfectly. The banter between the writer and the narrator are funny, but it sometimes feels like it interrupts the main story, and the type of humor this story uses could easily be transplanted to another one. Have you ever considering writing this as a purely serious work?

What Inika said.

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I've definitely considered making this a serious story several times, as even the original iteration was struggling to find the balance between story and humor. I'm very much still working to find it, especially on the next few chapters.

The PSAs, Specials and Interviews do help lighten the mood in my opinion; the constant banter between Narrator and TNTS especially takes a more satirical, fourth-wall breaking approach to the world of this comedy. NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD is certainly hectic but I hope that all makes this fun and provides for a nice break.

TL;DR Version: I'm working on it, don't you worry! :P

---

Interview 1: NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD v. Narrator

Ex: Well. This should be a fun one.

Narrator: I honestly can’t wait. No limits here. I get to CENSORED on NAW as much as I want.

Censorer: As long as it isn’t cursing, I’ll allow it.

TNTS: Well thanks, Censorer. Really helping me out here.

Narrator: It’ll help you understand the truth, so I hope.

TNTS: What truth??!

Narrator: The truth that you’re a disgraceful, ingenuine, careless m---

Censorer: DON’T YOU DARE.

Narrator: --mothball.

Censorer: Thanks.

Ex: ...welp. First question.

Guardius: Wait wait WAIT. The court is now in session.

Ex: This isn’t court. This is clearly an interview.

Guardius: Shut up, Caesar Flickerman. Boss said it was court.

Ex: ...fine. But I keep the Interview title. Well, first question. TNTS, what exactly has the accused done?

TNTS: There’s really no easy way for me to say this. But honestly, he’s just been a huge jerk to me. His snarky attitude and CONSTANT rebuttal of whatever I’ve written has just been so disrespectful over the past few chapters, and it’s reached its limit.

Ex: Well, that seemed easy for you to say. Narrator, what do you feel you have done?

Narrator: Come on. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I mean, maybe I butcher some of the narration script every once in awhile, but that’s because what’s written there is so stupid.

TNTS: You just admitted to not following the script.

Narrator: I also feel the need to intervene because jeez, the chapters can get really heavy and boring and if there isn’t someone to provide a little humor, this is going to fail as badly as the original comedy did.

TNTS: The original comedy didn’t fail! We got through all three seasons, the finale and the epilogue before the end of 2012!

Narrator: Yes, and you achieved this by crossing over Nintendo characters, overusing the fourth wall joke and throwing in so many other useless names, characters and colors that nothing made sense anymore. That isn’t humor! This is humor!

TNTS: Roasting me is your best source for humor? That’s just sad.

Narrator: Well, considering that it’s someone as ignorant as yourself, I’d agree.

Guardius: HEY! ORDER IN THE COURT!

Ex: BUT THIS IS ALSO AN INTERVIEW!

Guardius: IN A COURT! If you don’t want to follow due process, you can get your CENSORED tried too…sorry about that, Censorer.

Censorer: Don’t apologize. Just doing my job.

TNTS: See, Narrator, that’s what you should be doing too.

Narrator: I do my job. I do it very well. Sadly, I’m never appreciated for the effort I put in because I’m never allowed to improve on the comedy the way I want to.

Ex: ...that’s a very sad thing to hear. TNTS, do you have anything to say in response to that?

TNTS: ...

Ex: Alright then. Guardius.

TNTS: No. Wait.

Narrator: Wait-no-hold-on-he’s interrupting the flow of the story someone make him go to court.

TNTS: I was literally about to say something nice. First of all, I appreciate the motivation you have towards your profession. None of the others have that.

Transition Guy: Hey!!! If it wasn’t for me, your story literally wouldn’t go anywhere.

TNTS: Well, you’re right. Narrator does care, though. I see it. But I cannot deal with the constant, CONSTANT interruptions to the plot, and when you do disrespect me, Narrator, I feel like I have the right to fight back.

Narrator: Oh, I knew there’d be a but in that statement.

Ex: You know what? If we’re not going to be able to negotiate this, we might as well HAVE to vote. Oh boy.

Guardius: All present may cast their votes now, for the defendant or against.

TNTS: Against. Obviously.

Narrator: For. You’re allowed to vote for yourself, I’m assuming.

Guardius: I’d rather you not make an arse out of me, but okay.

Censorer: I did not appreciate the language, but I vote against the defendant.

Ex: For.

Transition Guy: For. TNTS insulted my usefulness today. How would you feel if I stopped doing the transitions?

TNTS: I’d just buy Adobe Premiere, frankly.

Guardius: Formata, who are you casting your vote for? You’ve been awfully quiet this whole time.

Formata: I vote against the Narrator.

Narrator: WHAT?! What have I ever done to you?

Formata: Every time you interrupt a chapter, I have to reformat the alignment to Center so the reader can distinguish between when someone from NAW is talking and when a character is talking. Plus I have to add in colors, bold, italicization and it’s SO annoying when you keep complaining about the plot and how you have to read a script and how your life sucks and I DON’T CARE!

Narrator: …

Transition Guy: …

Ex: …

Guardius: Well, I think that’s the most we’ve ever heard you speak, Formata. But what an input. Thank you for that.

Formata: *steaming*

Guardius: ...so it appears we have a tied vote. Since there’s no other beings from NAW to cast their vote, I suppose I will have to. I vote against. Narrator, you will be sentenced to the wig salon.

Ex: HEY! That’s unfair, you can’t just throw in the tiebreaker vote, you’re the judge!

Guardius: So I’m doing my job. I’m JUDGING.

Ex: Also, this is an interview.

Guardius: Also, I don’t care. The decision has been made.

Narrator: *handcuffed* You know, I’ll be back. I’ll fight my way out again, just like I did last time.

TNTS: I mean, I can’t say I won’t miss your enthusiasm. Regardless, the story must go on. Farewell.

Narrator: Yeah, screw you too. *exits with Guardius*

Ex: ...this just in on EXTRA, EXTRA! NAW has fired Narrator, now leaving the comedy without a narrator! This story is dev--

TNTS: No need, actually, Extra Guy. I’ve already chosen this comedy’s new narrator, here he comes! *drumrolls* *notices he is the only one drumrolling* *stops drumrolling*

Nex: *opens door* I’m BACK!!!

Ex: You have GOT to be kidding me.

Nex: Well, I’m not. See you all NEX chapter! Haha. Ha. I crack myself up.

End of Interview 1

(...ohgodpleasesaveus)

---

He's a cool character if you consider derps cool :P

Eight days since a chapter? Oh lord, I've fallen slightly behind.

Back to the main plotline, where a bunch of stuff happens and everything gets seriously hectic.

---

Chapter 5: Regression

“I missed you, brother.”

The being warmly extended his golden hand to the prisoner.

“I thought you were dead,” Axonn responded. The being shook his head. “Well, I wish you were, you traitor.”

Few hours had passed since the Roxtus Army had ambushed and demolished Vulcanus Arena. Upon returning to Roxtus, Tuma ordered the incarceration of the hundreds of Agori and Glatorian that were captured during the ambush. Tahu and Axonn were also jailed in the dungeon, which encircled the basement of Roxtus Castle like a complex, puzzling maze.

“You know. I expected a slightly better remark from you. Like, ‘I missed you too.’ Or, ‘Thanks for keeping me company.’ Or, ‘I’m sorry for going against my duty to Mata Nui and leaving you to die in Helryx’s torrential flood. I really missed you, Brutaka.’”

“Mata Nui’s dead.”

“So you think.” Brutaka slowly retracted his hand.

Axonn leaned against the wall. “So where have you been all these years? You were really so alone that the first person you went back to see was me?” He chuckled, but Axonn still glared at Brutaka.

“That’s all classified information.”

“Is it?” Axonn shrugged. “Well, I don’t understand how you expect me to tell you the truth when you can’t tell me anything about where you’ve been the past eleven years. Unless you’re from another dimension…”

Welp. He’s somewhat right, Brutaka pondered, thinking about the multitude of dimension-hopping adventures he’d endured with Vezon. “Look, I don’t want you to tell me anything. I don’t care about whatever the heck is going on, honestly. But I want you back.”

Axonn rolled his eyes. “You want me back? Where? Teleporting around in jail cells with you? Hiding away for wherever for eleven years? Look, Brutaka. I have a duty to fulfill. I have a duty to Helryx, my Orderly Empress, to take down Tahu and whoever else is affiliated with his own little rebellion. And if that’s you…” He lunged for Brutaka.

Brutaka disappeared. A moment later, he appeared next to Axonn, who had rammed into the jail cell bars. “I’ll never serve Tahu or Helryx. My duty is to the Great Spirit, and all I wanted was to save you from all of this. You don’t have to hunt Tahu down, and you don’t have to be a slave to Helryx. I will protect you.”

“For the last time, Axxie said that Mata Nui’s dead!” Axonn yelled. Brutaka’s head drifted down the hall, watching the warden’s door open.

His head snapped back to his brother’s. “You know what? Maybe you’re dead, too.” Brutaka disappeared in a flash of blue light.

Outside of the castle, Brutaka hooded himself and created a portal. He reached his hand through it, pushing over a piece of large machinery, and quickly closed the portal as he teleported back to the Underground Lab.

In Mangaia…

“NO!!! WHY?? WHY IS LIFE SO CRUEL TO ME???”

Ahkmou cursed the Great Beings, kneeling down quickly to try to salvage the Black Hole from the lake of Energized Protodermis.

Life only got crueler for him as he lost his balance, tumbling into the lake. The hall fell silent as Teridax watched him fall, his gaze expressionless.

Well, I guess helping Ahkmou with that experiment was pointless, Makuta thought as he casually relaxed on his throne. Thankfully, I guess I can rest alone---

A bubble popped. Teridax winced, standing up to get an overhead view of the lake. A few more bubbles, then tens, then hundreds. The entire lake started fizzing as a light blue haze began to cloud the area. Teridax descended the stairs.

Light flashed straight up out of the lake, exploding around the room. Teridax covered his eyes and activated his Kraahkan, dispelling the light in the room. The lake stopped bubbling, and the room again fell silent.

Teridax opened his eyes. A tall, brown-and-silver being stood in front of the lake, looking down upon its still reflection. A bluish aura emanated from the being, and he wore a Great Rau mutated by Energized Protodermis; looking menacing and haughty.

The being turned to face Teridax. “So, it seems that my destiny has led me to this point. A point where the tyrant I’d been working with refused to save me. To have any regard for me. Well, I suppose this is where our destinies part.”

His mask glowed blue, and the being instantly disappeared. Teridax’s jaw dropped.

Seconds later, the being reappeared, and Teridax whipped around. The being was sitting on Makuta’s own throne.

“Oh, and by the way,” he snickered. “I’m Ahkmoa, Toa of Teleportation. Just thought you should know. You, know, that teleportation device we built? It fused to me as I transformed into a Toa, so thanks for that. Then again, I could’ve died so...thanks for nothing.” Ahkmoa’s mask glowed blue, and he teleported out of Mangaia.

In Roxtus Dungeon…

Dawn shone into the jail cell through a sealed grate on the street encircling the castle as Tahu lay on the floor, his joints aching, sleep-deprived. It had only been six hours since the Roxtus Army ambushed Arena Vulcanus, captured its denizens and laid siege to Vulcanus itself. While Tahu was able to defeat forty Skrall, the overwhelming number of reinforcements eventually crowded the Toa, lifted him up, and carried him out of the stadium as if they were raising the roof at a concert.

Next to him, Ackar sat propped up against the wall. He was currently obsessed with his fidget spinner, which he had somehow been able to hide when the Skrall confiscated the prisoners of their weapons.

“What is that?” asked Tahu, pointing at the toy.

“Honestly, I’m not even sure. But its spin time is around three to five minutes and it’s protosteel molded, a top-of-the-line fidget spinn---I mean, it’s just a phase.”

Tahu chuckled. “Sure it is. Definitely not a major obsession.”

“Yeah, okay,” Ackar shrugged, putting the spinner down. “And you’re definitely not obsessed with Kiina.”

“I don’t even know who that is,” Tahu blushed, even though you couldn’t tell because his mask is red.

Second person?? Really, Nex? We almost made it the entire chapter without any hiccups.

Don’t blame me! I’m new here! Hey, at least I’m not going to talk back to you like the old narrator did.

Fine, you’re right. But don’t remind me. We don’t speak of the dark times.

“I don’t even know who you are,” said Ackar, standing and leaning on the wall. “Literally. I haven’t seen you around here and I’ve been alive for millennia on this blasted sand pile.”

“...I’ve been burrowed under the sand?” joked Tahu.

“Look, I don’t know who you are or what you want from me, but you’re not getting anything more from me. I’ve lived too long to give up all I have.”

“You have nothing.”

They were silent for a minute.

“I don’t know who you are, either,” said Tahu. “But I can tell you want the same as me. You want freedom. You want hope. You want happiness.”

“You’re ambitious. But I gave up on that long ago. That silver-headed bloke that was chasing after us was right---I am an old coot.”

“Well, just becau--” Tahu cleared his throat, sensing Ackar’s eyes roll. “If you don’t make a stand, if you don’t try to change anything, then you’re never going to get hope. Your life is just going to loop in the same way over and over again, just like--” Tahu pointed to the fidget spinner, “--whatever the heck that is.”

Ackar’s head slowly craned down to the fidget spinner, and after a moment, he picked it up. Holding it firmly in one hand, Ackar vigorously spun the spokes with his finger, watching them spin like a propeller. Turning to the bars of the jail cell, he swiped the spinner into them, and the spinner cut through them cleanly like a hot knife.

Stopping the spinner, he turned to Tahu, nodded, and the two slid out of the cell, escaping the dungeon.

To Be Continued…

---

Thoughts?
  • Upvote 1

Great episode. I think the best part was Axonn and Brutaka in a reversed situation from canon, but the fidget spinner scene was very clever and timely as well. The humor in that scene was more connected to the story than the usual fourth-wall-breaking as well. I hope to see more humor like that.

Edited by Master Inika

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

I'll be honest, that wasn't my thought at all when writing that scene. I'm happy it does work so well; I guess it really proves how warped the world of this comedy is from reality, and how strained Axonn and Brutaka's relationship stands. Hopefully I can explore that in later chapters, or even one-offs.

As for the fidget spinner? There really was no better time. I've yet to see if it will return in later chapters (especially since the fad fizzled out) but we'll see.

Memes always lighten things up.

mEMEs aLwAyS LIghTeN tHInGs uP.

---

Chapter 6: Turnover

Seriously? That’s the title?

Like an apple turnover? Are you kidding me?

Wow, this comedy has really gone to CENSORED since I was thrown in the wig salon. You’ll hear about that soon, friends. Don’t you worry.

TRANSITION GUY!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GIVE ME A TRANSITION!

But we usually don’t have transitions when the chapter first starts!

I DON’T CARE! JUST PLEASE, SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!

See what I mean?? Absolute--

*cricket chirping*

“OW! No, stop it! Axxie’s sorry, Axxie’s so sorry!”

Tuma growled. “Halt, Stronius. Allow the delinquent prisoner to explain why he talks about himself in third person.”

Stronius’s club thudded to the ground, landing on Axonn’s foot. He shrieked in pain. “That was Axxie’s bad foot! Axxie didn’t deserve--AGH!”

“Stronius, I said, STOP IT!” Tuma reached for his sword, and Stronius whipped his fist away from Axonn, who lay chained to the ground, beaten. “Get out before I order the entire army to rip you apart, ball by joint.”

Stronius swiped his club off the ground, sprinting out of the throne room in fear. Axonn could swear he’d heard the warrior whimper.

Tuma reclined on his throne. “Now, you. Explain to me why you talk about yourself in the third person, and also why you decided to disrupt the order of a peaceful Glatorian match.”

Axonn tried to pick himself off the ground to speak, but he was so beaten he could not find the strength, collapsing on the stone floor. “Axxie...can’t help it. Axxie was searching for...a rebel who’d crossed him...who’d threatened the empire…”

“Well, if you don’t start speaking in first person, I’ll make your death an example to those who threaten the empire. You fool.”

“You don’t...get it. I’m part of a different empire...I was trying to find one...no, two of your prisoners. If you can just let me--”

“Perhaps you don’t quite understand. Whatever empire you belong to...it is no match for mine. And I will stop at nothing to destroy everything you stand for, because you’ve damaged my power…”

Outside the entrance to the throne room, Tahu smirked. “Oh, how the turntables…” he whispered to Ackar, who silently bro-hugged Tahu.

“No, you don’t understand.”

Tahu jumped. He knew that voice all too well.

As a blue light dispelled into the corridor, Tahu slowly looked into the throne room. He had expected to find Axonn, shriveled in pain, lying chained to the ground in front of the throne.

He had not expected to see a Toa resembling Ahkmou, the evil Po-Matoran, standing on the throne, sword pointed at Tuma’s throat.

In Daxia Fortress...

“No!!” Taka screamed, shooting a beam of light at Gali. Her grip of Kopaka drooped as she flew across the room like a ragdoll, ramming into the frozen Helryx.

Kopaka coughed. Behind Taka, he could see the other Mahri regaining consciousness. Their eyes glowed red as they snapped open, and a black, shadowy aura emanated from them.

“Taka!!”

Before Taka could make a move, the corrupted Toa Mahri swarmed him, creating a cloud of shadow. As they moved away from him and scampered to collect their weapons from the ground, Taka looked at his reflection in the icy floor. His armor had turned dark gray, and he felt light and shadow course through him at the same time. He felt weak.

“They’ve corrupted you too. You...you’re a Toa of Twilight,” Kopaka choked, standing up. He stared down Matoro, who returned a cold, merciless glare. “They’re nothing like they used to be. You were right. I shouldn’t have saved them.”

Taka tried to access his light powers, but they seemed too overridden by the darkness in the room. He rushed over to Kopaka. “I can’t give up now. There has to be something we can do.”

“Take her. Take Gali, and get far, far away from here.” Struggling, Kopaka picked up Gali and handed her quickly to Taka before his arms gave out, tired.

“I can’t leave you here, They’ll kill you.”

“I’m worth nothing to the team. She is. She was everything to Tahu.”

Taka eyed the door, extending his hand to Kopaka. “Come on.”

“You have to go!!” Kopaka yelled. The Mahri’s attention snapped back to him and Helryx, having collected their weapons. “You have to get out of here, heal yourselves, and lead the Resistance to victory! I’ve done my part. You can let me go.”

As Taka ran out of the room, the Mahri lunged to the empress. Jaller bathed the ice in a bath of flames, instantly melting the empress and the ice surrounding her. Using her Mask of Psychometry, Helryx swiftly slammed the door to the Stasis Room as Taka, carrying Gali in his arms, ran out into Daxia Fortress.

In Tuma’s Throne Room…

“Now, just calm down, there. Step down to the floor. Please don’t stab me. Please.”

Ahkmoa chuckled. “If you think it’s going to be that easy to let me step down, you’re gonna have a bad time.”

“Ahkmou?? What is Mata Nui happened to you?” Axonn, leaning on his good leg, successfully stood up for the first time since last chapter.

A fourth wall joke? Wow, haven’t seen any of those since the original comedy. So where’s the wall that’s supposed to blow up? Or is it really just figurative this time?

Is that who I think it is?

To be honest, I’m trying to pretend I have no idea what you’re talking about. Let’s keep it that way.

“Heh,” the Toa chuckled, disappearing for a split-second. A split-second later, he reappeared, his sword an inch closer to Tuma’s throat. “Call me Ahkmoa, the Toa of Teleportation.”

“You changed your name? Was that really necessary?” Axonn rolled his eyes.

“Well, at least he doesn’t talk about himself in third-person,” said Tuma. “Although I don’t really appreciate that he wants to kill me for no apparent reason.”

“You dimwit. I don’t want to kill you, necessarily. I just want you to scoot your doopa off that throne.”

“Excuse me???”

“Excuse you, princess. You heard me. Otherwise, I can just stab you. Actually, I could even teleport underneath you and stab you in the back as I get on the throne, but I’m assuming you don’t want that embarrassing sort of death.”

Tuma shuffled in his chair, a bead of sweat dripping from his forehead. “I still don’t know who you are.”

Ahkmoa sighed. “I just mentioned it a few paragraphs ago, you fool. Frankly, it doesn’t matter, but I clearly don’t serve you. Or you--” he motioned to Axonn, “--or whatever sort of resistance is going on. I’ve finally the power to take matters into my own hands, and you can’t stop me.”

The chandelier hanging above them tore and fell, swinging down onto the throne. Ahkmoa teleported away mere seconds before the fixture struck Tuma, crushing his body and knocking his head against the back of the throne. He passed out.

As Stronius surged back into the room with a legion of Skrall to fight for his master, another chandelier fell on the Skrall, merely skimming by Stronius as he leapt beside the throne to engage Ahkmoa in combat. As Tahu and Ackar looked into the throne room again, they saw Berix in the ceiling, hidden in the hole the chandelier had created when it crashed down. He gave them a thumbs up.

In the Underground Lab…

“Don’t you see what you’ve done?? Look at the mess you’ve created, you fool!”

Kardas growled as Vezon yelled at Brutaka, displeased by the quarrel. Petting the beast, Vezon hopped down from her, sending her into the caverns of the lab.

He turned to Brutaka, clenching his teeth. “Haven’t you realized that anything and everything you do has an impact? You may have intended to save your brother, but he has sworn his life to Helryx. You may have intended to kill Ahkmou, but you gave him a power that only we were supposed to have!! Where’s your dignity?”

Brutaka’s eyes furrowed. “You know, I’ve realized that if we don’t interfere, that nothing will get better. We can’t just let them destroy the world. They’ll find and kill us eventually, too.”

“Brutaka, I have protected you for eleven years,” Vezon snarled, curling his cape around him as he disappeared.

He reappeared behind Brutaka, who did not even flinch. “And I will continue to protect you. But if you’re willing to choose a side, begone at once and never return.”

To Be Continued...

---

A little more serious of a tone, but a special is coming up next! Thoughts?

I'll be honest, that wasn't my thought at all when writing that scene. I'm happy it does work so well; I guess it really proves how warped the world of this comedy is from reality, and how strained Axonn and Brutaka's relationship stands. Hopefully I can explore that in later chapters, or even one-offs.

As for the fidget spinner? There really was no better time. I've yet to see if it will return in later chapters (especially since the fad fizzled out) but we'll see.

That's interesting, because I thought it was one of the strongest scenes so far.

The fidget spinner craze is still in full swing where I am, so I think there's still time to fit it in without dating it too hard.

Another good episode. This is one example where I think the more serious tone could be better appreciated if the rest of the series wasn't so comedic, but for what it is, it's very well-done. Looking forward to the next special.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Was that a reference to The Legend of Zelda animated series I caught in there?

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

This is one example where I think the more serious tone could be better appreciated if the rest of the series wasn't so comedic, but for what it is, it's very well-done.

I've been trying to figure out what you've meant by this statement for the past six days.

I think I know, but I'm not entirely sure.

Was that a reference to The Legend of Zelda animated series I caught in there?

Absolutely yes.

Why must I make such bad references? I really don't know.

Anyway.

---

Narrator: Welp, no Extra Guy here. No TN:TS. No anyone.

Just me.

Well, hey there guys. How’s it going? I haven’t really seen you all in a while. I mean, I did peek in during that last chapter, but honestly, that’s before they officially threw me into the Wig Salon. And killed me.

See, when you get thrown into the Wig Salon, you end up dying as you go in. After all, the Wig Salon Retirement Home is really where every character goes after they die, so even though you can’t really kill someone from NAW, you still have to kinda be dead to actually be in here.

Wait…

Special 1: The Wig Salon

Extra Guy: HELLO THERE LOVELY PEOPLE! Welcome to EXTRA, EXTRA! where we get all the humor that we don’t usually get in regular chapters. This is especially true nowadays because the author of this comedy kicked out the true comedy relief and replaced him with some creamsicle robot guy.

Narrator: Oh, I’m flattered...but you couldn’t be more accurate with that statement. This bloody comedy is SO BORING now that they’ve reduced themselves to include fidget spinners, fourth wall jokes and falling chandeliers. Where’s the spontaneity? The roasts? Everything that made the original comedy bad but at least interesting to read! This should be in the Epics subforum, at this rate.

Censorer: If you say that again, I’m censoring it.

Ex: So what I’ve done today is that I’ve brought along the entire group that voted to keep you in NAW to the Wig Salon, to explore your life now and what you plan to do in the future.

Narrator: My life? But I’m dead.

Ex: Well, I suppose the saying “live as you die, die as you live” applies to you particularly well here.

Narrator: I’ve missed your smart remarks. Well, let’s head inside, shall we?

In the Wig Salon…

Nuju: Wow! Finally, someone else to live in the Wig Salon with! I’ve been the only one here for forty years. That’s ten times forty. And that’s terrible.

Ex: ...I’m fairly certain you’ve been here for only seven chapters.

Nuju: Really? Well, I’m surprised my age still catches up to me in death. Aw, cracklenuts.

Narrator: Nuju’s been the only one here for quite some time. Well, rather, the only important one, considering so many other worthless extras died in the Battle of Ko-Metru.

Ex: Hey! My name’s Extra Guy! I’m not worthless.

Narrator: Not to me, you aren’t. Anyway, some lounge chair, the TV that plays the security camera footage, walkers and ground-up food...yeah, this is pretty much what you’d expect from a normal retirement home. The only bonus you get is that TNTS has zero control over you after you die. Literally. You could pay tribute to him by mooning the security camera and he wouldn’t even bat an eye.

Censorer: That’s...a tad disturbing. Don’t tell me you did that.

Nuju: No, I did!!

Censorer: ...ah.

*awkward laughter and applause*

Nuju: Payback for being killed off THREE times in every iteration of The Adventures of Tahu. Come on. You couldn’t spare me at least once, TNTS? Well, I won’t spare you the CENSORED…

Narrator: Well, thank you, Nuju, for that riveting epitaph. Well, I suppose that’s every--

Lewa: Wait.

Transition Guy: Oh. I was just preparing for the wrap-up.

Ex: No-wait-hold-on-a-minute it’s the famous Lewa, Toa Nuva of Air! Wow, you’ve only been mentioned in this comedy like, once. What brought you here?

Lewa: Well, this is long and emotionally deep, but I feel like it needs to be said.

Ex: ANDDDDD that’s all the time we have for today!

Lewa: Now wait just a quick-fast---

Ex: Lewa, as much as I care about your story, if it’s not going to be funny, then I don’t think it’s worth the time. Narrator, any final words?

Narrator: You’re cruel. But I still love ya, dude. Thanks for not leaving me all alone with the old coot.

Ex: Thank you all! Goodnight! Parting is such sweet sorrow…

Lewa: ...you’ll find out soon enough what I mean.

End of Special 1

---

A bit of a shorter special this time, but I guarantee you'll see more of Narrator, even if he is in some sort of limbo-in-a-wig-salon.
See you at Chapter 7!

What I meant by my previous comment was just that the comedy and the serious parts, while both well-done, still do detract from each other.

Despite that, this special was perfectly hilarious. The bit with Lewa at the end was my favorite. Keep it up.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What I meant by my previous comment was just that the comedy and the serious parts, while both well-done, still do detract from each other.

Despite that, this special was perfectly hilarious. The bit with Lewa at the end was my favorite. Keep it up.

Ahh. Well, thank you! I'm still working on the balance, though I'm not sure if it's present in this chapter.

Just as a heads up, I'm doubling up this week, so this chapter and what comes after it will be within the span of a few short days. Heck, I might even triple up.

---

Chapter 7: Rise

The island gleamed in the distance, its jewel-shaped, glass encasement reflecting the sunset like diamonds. The water rose upon the shore with a certain grace that silently snuck up and down the raised coast of Artakha, the fabled island of legend.

In the heart of the island, Karzahni waited silently, guarding the entrance to his brother’s laboratory. Seven years prior, the Orderly Empire detected that the goodwill of Artakha himself could be powerful enough to overthrow Helryx and restore the Order of Mata Nui to the Matoran Universe. As such, Her Orderly General lay siege to the beautiful island, brutally murdering its crystal serpents and technological advancements. With a hint of mercy, Karzahni let his brother live, imprisoning him in his own laboratory with no hope of restitution and no hope of escape.

As Nuhrii dove into the water and swam towards Artakha, he desired nothing more in his heart than to change that.

YEAR: 2008

The Mask of Life falls alone through the hole of Voya Nui, into the heart of the Matoran Universe. It plunges into a bog close to the Swamp of Secrets, creating a sploosh as it rams into the dirty, gooey ground.

In the skies, the hole seals as Voya Nui falls into its place. The Ignika turns silver, signifying the death of the Great Spirit Mata Nui. Above the bog, Av-Matoran in a nearby cliffside village cry out as they realize Mata Nui’s passing. Their time is limited.

A gust of wind blows underneath the cliff. Lewa, Toa Nuva of Air, flies out from under the cliff, but he stops to look up at the Matoran. When he looks down, he notices a dull silver mask in a nearby bog. He approaches it cautiously.

When he reaches the mask, he knows exactly what it is. And exactly what he must do.

And he does it all.

YEAR: 2017

Kopaka’s eyes burst open. That had to have been a vision, he thought, reassuring himself. That can’t be what actually happened. But if it’s true…

He aggressively shook himself, trying to worm out of the chains and locks Helryx had bound him to. No success. She chuckled maleficently.

“Don’t even try. You have no way of escaping.” As Kopaka scanned his surroundings, he noticed they were in a sealed tube, which Helryx herself was piloting.

“You can’t get away with this. I’ve fought for so much. And so did he.”

Helryx sighed, shrugging her shoulders carelessly. “Well, he’s dead now. And I have already gotten away with this. Your fate is scheduled for tomorrow at noon in the Coliseum.” She coughed, adding under her breath, ”Hopefully you don’t lose your head before then.”

Inside Roxtus Castle…

Kiina studied the controls as Gelu looted the security room, snatching a few mini-donuts and popping them into his mouth. Kiina groaned.

“Really? You think this is the time to kick back and let the Skrall win? Get over here,” Kiina said as she yanked Gelu away from the guards’ fridge.

“I never said we let them win! I didn’t say anything while I was happily eating in peace,” Gelu complained, trying to free himself from Kiina’s grasp.

“You know what? Why don’t you actually make yourself useful to the story?” Kiina let go, sending Gelu sprawling onto the floor, tripping on a banana peel. “Go back down to the dungeons, don’t get killed, and rally the prisoners behind us. We’ve work to do.”

Over the Southern Continent…

The shadow virus that had corrupted the Toa Mahri and Gali while in stasis began to take its toll on Takanuva. Though he was the Toa of Light himself, he was no stranger to the power of shadow, for it had killed him fourteen years before when he fought Teridax in Mangaia. Still, although his light powers were diminished, he also had shadow powers, and the virus itself allowed him to fly.

As he drifted over the Tren Krom River, he noticed Metru Nui, far off in the distance. “We’ll be home soon,” he muttered, cradling Gali in his arms.

In Ta-Metru…

“They’re approaching from the right. Just as you suspected, master.”

“Wonderful, Hewkii,” Jaller snarled, unsheathing his Power Sword. “Now. As our mistress ordered. All of us, together now.”

The Toa Mahri’s eyes flashed red, and they spread across the coastline. Miles above them, Taka barrel-rolled and backed up from the coastline.

“Gali, we’re going to have to make a rough landing. Get ready.”

He glanced down at the ground, feeling regret in his heart. He wished he could have saved his friends. He wished he had tried to find them, as Gali had. He wanted to live up to her legacy so badly, but he felt so inconfident and powerless as his old friends blockaded him.

“You make one move, Taka, and I hurl you harder than I did in the Kohlii Tournament,” Hahli shouted, curling her talons.

Taka felt like he had been stabbed in the heart. His control over shadow imbalanced, and he dropped from the sky.

“That is your fatal flaw,” Matoro sneered. “Her Orderly Empress really did see through you. She knew you cared too much about your friends in the past to act in the present.”

Unable to regain control, Taka plunged into the Silver Sea. The Mahri raised their weapons and aimed them down at the Silver Sea, focusing their energies--

Gali dove out of the water, lunging for Jaller. Knocking the sword out of his grasp and into the Silver Sea, Jaller collapsed as he fell backwards. As Hewkii raged toward her, Gali kicked her foot up high, her Aqua Ax directly connecting with Hewkii’s chin and sending him sprawling backwards.

Gali flipped forward as Nuparu’s shield missed her head. Nuparu lost his balance, falling back into Onua’s arms, who lifted him easily and threw him down on Jaller as he tried to stand up. Hahli swiped her talons around as Pohatu circled her, but her dizziness caused her to keel over, allowing Pohatu to easily remove her weapons. As Taka climbed out of the water, he rushed Matoro, shouting some corny comeback as he shoved the butt of his spear into Matoro’s head, felling the Toa.

The freed Toa of Water rolled her eyes at Kongu, shooting a light stream of water into his eyes, blinding him. Pohatu proceeded to kick him a few times for good measure. She turned to Taka slowly. “I can’t...thank you enough.”

The three Toa rushed to Gali, hugging her. Pohatu waved his claw, and the Turaga approached the reunited group.

Nokama smiled. “After all this time. I knew telling you of the Empire’s corruption would lead to something spectacular.”

Gali lowered her head, and Taka, Pohatu, and Onua moved away. “I knew he would not be here…”

“We haven’t heard from him in days. He went to look for you,” said Vakama.

Gali sighed. “He’s alive. I can feel it. He has to be. And so do we.”

To Be Continued...

---

What do you think? I think you'll like what comes nex :)

The Gelu donut bit took me totally off guard, and it was hilarious.

It's once again been so long, and the plot of this is so involved, I admit I was a little bit lost, having to keep track of how everything is supposed to be in this universe. Hopefully, if you do post multiple episodes this week, it will be easier to me to keep track from this point. Can't wait for the next chapter.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

The Gelu donut bit took me totally off guard, and it was hilarious.

It's once again been so long, and the plot of this is so involved, I admit I was a little bit lost, having to keep track of how everything is supposed to be in this universe. Hopefully, if you do post multiple episodes this week, it will be easier to me to keep track from this point. Can't wait for the next chapter.

It's so funny that I read this comment a few days ago and it feels like I haven't seen it in forever.

I mean, I didn't really think the Gelu donut bit was too funny but I'm happy you appreciated it. I guess in comparison to all of the craziness that occurred in the chapter, it stands out xD. Unfortunately for you, this chapter is a PSA and won't ​really be connected to the story--regardless, I hope you enjoy.

The following chapter is dedicated to users Voltex and MT Zehvor. They're not dead, but they both have bid farewell to BZP and its forums. In the comedies forum, Voltex was the author of various works, including Vultraz's Diner, Hilarious Misadventures, Tahu vs. Tahu, How to Be a Hero, The Afterwords, and WHAT IS THE POTOO?! MT Zehvor ran The Bionicles Try to Run a House series, which soon branched into various sequels including Aftermath and Aftermath 2. Both authors contributed greatly to the content and administration of the Comedies forum for around a decade, all while being respectful and humorous users. Voltex and MT, thank you for all you've given us, the readers. You inspired us to become better writers and better people, and you were always willing to help out. Good luck in whatever you do, and make sure to stop by here, whenever you wish. 

---

PSA #2: A Comedic Intervention

TNTS: WHAT?? I didn’t order this special today! I only order specials between every two chapters.

Ex: First of all, this isn’t a special. It’s clearly a PSA.

TNTS: Oh, no need to be technical.

Ex: Considering your entire plotline has been so far, it seems like there is the need to be technical.

TNTS: Remind me why I haven’t fired you yet?

Ex: Because without me, you wouldn’t have anyone spectacular enough to host these extras like me! Hey guys, welcome to the second PSA, where I used my EXecutive power as the EXtra guy to decide that we need to figure out how to actually make this comedy a comedy.

TNTS: First of all, those puns sucked. Second of all, it’s clearly a comedy. If it wasn’t a comedy it wouldn’t be in the Comedy forum.

Ex: Well, it hasn’t been a very funny comedy lately. In fact, it’s been so story-driven that no one’s having fun anymore.

TNTS: I’m having fun.

Censorer: I’m enjoying not having to censor anything.

TG: Come on, Censorer, you’re probably bored out of your mind.

Formata: I’m actually relaxing. I don’t have to adjust the formatting as much when that pesky little Narrator kept interrupting the flow of the story.

TG: Oh, PLEASE, Formata. Whenever you open your mouth you end up making more work for yourself because you just HAVE TO be special and align yourself right.

Formata: You don’t like speciality? Fine by me.

TG: You’re kidding me. No one can actually read what I’m saying.

Formata: Maybe, just MAYBE, that’s the point, you disrespectful CENSORED.

Censorer: And just when I was enjoying the peace and quiet.

Ex: Don’t you see? Everyone hates each other because you won’t actually put a little fun into the comedy. Who doesn’t like fun?

Guardius: I don’t like fun. I like the law.

Ex: No one asked you.

Guardius: You asked “who.” I’m in the PSA, as I am in all extra content. I responded. You denied ever asking me. YOU LIED!

TNTS: Oh my Mata Nui.

Ex: Exhibit A, closed. Exhibit B. A little throwback…

YEAR: 2012

Ex: Formata. Please.

YEAR: 2012

The Adventures of Tahu

Season 2: Consequence

Chapter 4: Transformation

In Arena Vulcanus…

“Argh,” Axonn said, pinned to the ground by two magma swords. “Just wait until I tell Helryx about this, fugitive.”

“Not before I tell Helryx about you,” Tahu said, throwing Axonn’s axe into the lava. “She honestly wouldn’t have wanted you to kill others before me.”

“She wouldn’t have wanted you to somehow pin me to the ground, throw my axe into lava, or humiliate me in front of an entire arena either. How would you feel if something like that happened to you?”

“You sound like someone who’s against bullying,” Ackar groaned. “And that’s just sad, considering that you are one.”

“Touché,” Axonn agreed. “But whatever the case, you’re dead.” He stood up, grasping Tahu’s swords in his hands. “Adios, Tofu.”

“You will not harm Tahu!” three beings shouted together. One was Kiina, who leaped down from the fourth row and thrust her vapor trident straight into Axonn’s arm, making him drop the swords and fall to the ground. Ackar had shouted too, punching Axonn in the mask and holding him down. The other being seemed to be speaking directly from Axonn’s comlink.

“You will not touch him as long as you live!” Kiina shouted as Axonn struggled to get back up. “He’s my—uh—brother!”

“Ummm…same here?” Ackar awkwardly agreed.

“Tahu, you have a girlfriend?” Kopaka yelled from the comlink, his face covering up the entire screen. “Cool!”

“Kopaka? You’re alive, thank the Great Beings! Wait a minute, what did you say?” Tahu queried in shock.

“Um—dude,” Gelu said from behind him. “Don’t assume things.”

“I’m not taking advice from anyone with snowflakes on their back,” Kopaka responded.

“Your head can’t even pivot,” Gelu retorted.

“Hey, I’m old. Can I help it?"

“Yeah, you probably could.”

“Guys, are you helping me? No. Kopaka, what’s going on over there? Are you in the fortress?” Tahu asked.

“Yep, and I froze Helryx. Also…Tahu…” Kopaka said, pausing for emphasis.  ”I found them.”

“The Mahri? And Kiina too? Is she alive?”

“I’m right here, Tahu,” Kiina said, again correcting him: ”You mean Gali.”

“She’s alive, muttering one word over and over again.”

“Let me guess,” Axonn said, taking a break from his struggle. “It’s Tahu, isn’t it?”

“Yep,” Kopaka said, smirking. “Looks like we have a love triangle now.”

“Ohhhhhhhhh boy.”

YEAR: 2017

TNTS: I cannot believe you brought that back. That was like, my puberty stage of writing.

Ex: So maybe the writing is subpar. I mean, you’ve definitely come a long way in almost five years. But you made an attempt to at least be funny. No. Scratch that. You risked your grand idea for a plot for spontaneous humor. You’d rather have had fun than a story that actually made decent sense. And it was okay.

TNTS: Sure, it was okay back then. But I’ve matured so much.

Ex: Yeah. You matured all right.

YEAR: STILL 2017

“NO!”

Tahu leapt down from the stands, activating his Hau Nuva to protect the warriors, pushing the titan away. “I wish I could get revenge for what you did to me,” Tahu grunted, unsheathing his Magma Swords. “Here, let me help you up.”

He helped Ackar stand up. “Well, thank you, but who on Bara Magna are you?” Ackar’s head circled around the shield he and Tahu were encased in.

“That--is Tahu, the Toa Nuva of Fire. Of course, he really isn’t worthy of the Toa name,” retorted Axonn as he stood up. “If he were, he wouldn’t have turned against Axxie. Against the Empire.”

“Well, maybe we don’t want to be ruled under the Empire,” jested Kiina as she ran down to the battlefield. “Maybe we don’t want to be ruled by what scares us, maybe we want to rule ourselves for the better of all of us.”

“Maybe we don’t want to be restricted, but we want the freedom to learn. The freedom to be happy.” Berix followed Kiina, and other Glatorian and Agori stood in ovation. The Skrall officials looked at each other, uneasy.

“Tell me, Axonn.” Tahu knocked Axonn’s axe from his grasp, letting it skid across the floor. “Don’t you want this, too? Don’t you want freedom from Helryx? Don’t you want revenge, having let her rule over your life?” He pointed his swords at the titan, and Ackar, Gelu, Kiina and Berix followed suit as other beings motioned similarly.

An explosion sounded, shooting piles of the wall of the arena across the stands and the field. Behind the explosion, hundreds of Skrall warriors, led by mounted Bone Hunters, flooded into Arena Vulcanus.

The remains of the arena burned in the cold, endless darkness of the night.

YEAR: clearly hasn’t transitioned it’s still 2017 jeez

TNTS: I will say one thing. I miss the colors.

Ex: The colors made everything about the story you told that much better, even if it didn’t make sense. You wanted The Adventures of Tahu to be your own. You wanted it to stand out. But you’ve killed the life of it. It’s still a great story, don’t get me wrong...but it feels like it’s so dark, so depressing, too real for a fanfiction literally about the adventures of a toy company’s group of characters.

Ex: You know I’m right.

TNTS: ...no, I was going to say you put a lot of heart and soul into that speech. Good job.

Ex: Well, the pleasure is all--

TNTS: But I’m afraid you’ve gone too far. If you really don’t believe I’m doing a good job at resurrecting this comedy, then maybe you shouldn’t be working here anymore.

Censorer: Boss, I’m not so sure---

TNTS: I’m sorry, Censorer, you have to leave this to me. No more extra content. TG, take him to his cell.

In NAW Jail…

Ex: Why are you doing this to me? There’s no reason you have to listen to what he says. TNTS is going mad.

TG: It’s not my choice. I’m just trying to keep us all from being silenced by him. I don’t know what’s gotten into him.

Ex: Probably Meta. Even though I loved Meta.

TG: Well, here it is. Cell 444.

Ex: Of course he had to sneak a fourth wall joke in there. Maybe he hasn’t entirely lost it.

TG: He’s getting there. If we don’t do something fast…

Ex: Well, that’s your power, not mine.

In the Wig Salon…

Narrator: You know, I haven’t checked in on the comedy in a while. I guess no one has died since you, Nuju. Maybe TNTS actually had a

change of heart.

Nuju: Yeah, and maybe they chose to name Ahkmou “Black Hole” again. The chances.

Narrator: *changes channel from security cameras* Oh...oh no.

Nuju: What happened? Is Onepu blasting “Creeping in My Soul” again?

Narrator: no...NO… they threw Extra Guy in jail. That’s it. I need to do something. I need to get out of here. I need to save the comedy.

End of PSA #2

---

...see, you may think the story isn't being affected by this. But ha. I fooled you all.

​Until Chapter 8!

~Meta

Edited by MetaStriker

Good work. I wasn't around for the original series, but more spontaneous humor would benefit the comedy, even if it meant less twists and turns in the plot. This was a great read and a great mediation on finding a balance between those things.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Good work. I wasn't around for the original series, but more spontaneous humor would benefit the comedy, even if it meant less twists and turns in the plot. This was a great read and a great mediation on finding a balance between those things.

Huh. Interesting.

Suffice it to say that my own personal struggles have weaseled their way into the plot of this entire reboot.

Anyway.

---

Chapter 8: Ignition

“How small. How painfully insignificant.”

Helryx gazed down upon the Coliseum and its seats, quickly filling with clueless spectators. To her right, Teridax stood tall, trying to redeem his reputation after being relieved of his punishment. To her left, TSO sat, licking his fingers and holding a leg of chicken.

“They won’t know what hit them. Soon, no one will know...because they’ll all be dead.”

Teridax applauded in agreement, grabbing his champagne glass and toasting with Helryx and TSO. Helryx sneakily rolled her eyes as TSO’s hot sauce collided with the glasses, leaving residue.

“Empress, what shall we be doing after this execution?” Teridax asked.

“Well, since you’ve been moping around for so long, the empire has casually been falling apart. No big deal. Maybe if you didn’t instigate Takanuva we wouldn’t have to be standing here right now.”

“Come on, Helryx. You know you take pleasure in killing hapless denizens,” TSO jested, finishing his wing and quickly snagging a second.

“...I can’t say you’re wrong. Anyway, I will be heading back to Daxia Fortress. Though I haven’t heard from my lovely little Mahri servants, I will assemble them and the rest of the army to execute Order 44.” Helryx motioned to the stands. “Every single Toa, Matoran and Turaga will be purged in merely a night.”

“Take out Ahkmou first,” Teridax pleaded.

“Unfortunately for you Teridax, it seems the Toa may be very, very powerful, according to your description of him,” Helryx mused. “I’d rather be

willing to recruit him and delegate you to a lesser position than to listen to any more of your ‘suggestions’.”

Teridax gazed out the window.

“You will stay right here and ensure that every being returns to their Metru, as normal,” Helryx ordered. “TSO, you will venture to Odina and gather the Dark Hunters. I will meet the Mahri immediately afterwards so they can slay the remaining Toa Nuva, and then gather the Makuta and Rahkshi.”

“With all due respect,” TSO pondered. “If we purge everyone, then who will we really be ruling over?”

A few feet behind them, Brutaka nodded, having eavesdropped through his portal. As Helryx turned to respond to TSO, the portal disappeared without a noise.

TSO lurched back suddenly from the box as the window shattered. The leader of the Dark Hunter’s body crumpled to the floor as his head was thrown to the wall, where Brutaka had been watching moments before. Helryx jumped away from the window, knocking into Teridax, who swiftly caught her.

“You---LET GO OF ME---WHAT HAS HAPPENED??” Helryx shrieked, whipping her head behind her to the decapitated head of The Shadowed One and a red Kanoka Disk, then below the box to the arena floor.

A Toa wearing a Great Hau and wielding a Kanoka Disk Launcher pointed his sword at Helryx as the Toa Nuva freed Kopaka from his chains. “We have suffered far too much pain under you. You will not walk over us again.”

Behind him, a green, silver and gold being thrust his staff down upon the arena floor. Immediately, its cracks shifted and mended, and the scorch marks from the previous year’s Coliseum Fire faded into the original color of the floor. Artakha’s Mask of Creation glowed.

“I am Nuhrii, Toa Uha of Fire, and Vice President of the Resistance, which condemns every single aspect of the Orderly Empire. Your elitism your pleasure in dictating how we must act, and your pleasure in killing everyone who dissents with your order of life is no longer suitable to your citizens of the Orderly Empire, and to the majority of beings in the Matoran Universe.”

“As President of the Resistance,” said Taka, moving forward, “We declare war on the Orderly Empire, and will stop at nothing to reclaim the freedom we know we deserve.”

“TERIDAX!!! ATTACK THEM!!” Helryx screamed.

Teridax twirled his staff, and a horde of twenty Rahkshi fell from the sky. Around a hundred rebels had gathered on the floor, unsheathing their weapons. “Empress, should I---”

Yet Helryx had already left the box, making a mad dash for her Airship. Teridax remained, watching as the Resistance battled the Rahkshi. He fell to his knees.

In Roxtus Castle…

The massive, spiked body of Stronius crumpled to the floor. Picking up the fallen warrior’s club, Ahkmoa knocked the chandelier off the unconscious Tuma, woke the leader and forced him to scram.

“Please, Ahkmoa. For Axxie.”

Ahkmoa smirked as he sliced off Axonn’s chains, handing the titan his axe back. Ahkmoa relaxed upon his throne, content for once in his life.

“Not so fast.”

No. I will not stand for this. That was truly the cheesiest line you’ve ever put in your comedies, TNTS. Shame.

You hear something, Nex? Must just be the wind.

*whoosh-swish-wind sounds*

“Oh, lookie!! Old volcano’s paying us a visit!” Axonn exclaimed, turning to meet his rival. “Sadly, it’ll be your last.”

*WOOSH-WHOOSH-YOUR JOKES STILL SUCK-SWISH*

Ackar gripped his sword, and without any comeback, rushed toward the titan. Axonn swung his axe in a wide arc, ripping the sword out of his hands as the Glatorian spiraled backwards.

Regaining his footing, Ackar shrugged. Reaching behind his head, he pulled out his fidget spinner, turning it horizontally.

“Oh, you’re kidding me,” Axonn facepalmed. “Really? You have one of those? We banned them in our empire.”

Ackar flicked his hand against the spokes, and the fidget spinner...spun.

“You know, Helryx never let me even touch one of those. Wow, that’s spinning really fast,” Axonn’s head circled around as the spinner rotated; he was mesmerized. “Can I try?”

The spinner arched as Ackar flung it forward; it boomeranged into Axonn’s mask, knocking him over as the spinner returned to its owner.

“GAH! AXXIE DIDN’T LIKE THAT!” He clutched his mask, then snickered. “Talk about teaching an old dog new tricks.”

The titan rushed forward, leading with his axe, but Ackar shielded the blow with his fidget spinner, veering the axe away. As Axonn was led to the side, Ackar sliced the titan’s back with the edge of the fidget spinner, knocking him to the ground. The Glatorian wrapped the spinner around the staff of the axe, and it whirled out of Axonn’s grasp as the spinner stopped. Flicking it again, Ackar brought the fidget spinner to Axonn’s throat as he rolled on his back, immediately grimacing from pain.

Tahu stared down Ahkmoa, who looked up from his fidget cube and finally noticed the damage. His eyes widened.

“Oh, . I knew I should’ve gotten one of those,” Ahkmoa shifted uneasily in his throne as Tahu walked up to him, unsheathing his Magma Swords.

“Well, whatever that cube is definitely occupied your attention more than those cheap spinning-top knockoffs would have,” Tahu retorted, hearing Ackar groan behind him. “Which is exactly what we needed.”

In Karda Nui…

It has been ten years since the death of the Great Spirit Mata Nui.

Ten years since hope in the Matoran Universe died. Ten years since Matoro failed to retrieve the Mask of Life and sacrifice himself for the greater good.

Ten years since Helryx allowed for all of this to occur. Ten years since the rise of the Orderly Empire dared to meddle with the Three Virtues of Unity, Duty, and Destiny. And succeeded.

The Matoran Universe should have fallen apart. There should have been mass turmoil. The end of everything as the world knew it should have come. And nine years ago, it all ceased.

Now, it must all be rebuilt. It must all be reborn.

As the Mask of Life rises from the Swamp of Secrets and turns gold, the Great Spirit Mata Nui reawakens for the first time in millennia. Out of nowhere, he creates a black and gold body for himself, and opens his eyes.

He lifts up his foot. A green Miru Nuva is embedded in the soft, gooey ground. Mata Nui smiles, and quickly disappears in a flash of light (probably to get his feet cleaned.)

To Be--

NEX!!!

What? What’s going on?

I can’t believe you did that!! That’s supposed to be a legitimately emotional part of the story, and you make a joke about Mata Nui getting his feet cleaned??

I mean, you said the ground was soft and gooey.

Yes!! Just like Mata Nui’s heart! This scene is supposed to be about the sacrifice that Lewa made to keep the Matoran Universe from imploding and exploding at practically the same time, and you make a DIRTY joke?

...you think that’s a dirty joke…?!

Censorer, please. No. Screw this. I’ve had enough. Just end the chapter.

To Be Continued…

---

The plot thickens. This week will likely be a double header as well, as we're getting close to the end of this season...

~Meta

I love the sense of epic confrontation you've pumped up in most of this episode. This episode also feels like the first time, in my opinion, you've managed to balance the humor and plot perfectly.

I should mention, despite how much I enjoyed the grandness, all of the plot threads coming together left me a little bit in the dust, since I barely remembered how most of it was setup. In particular, I don't even remember if the Dark Hunters have been mentioned yet, and along with them I totally forgot how Teridax factored into all of this.

And yet, I still can't wait for the next episode. Keep it up.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

I love the sense of epic confrontation you've pumped up in most of this episode. This episode also feels like the first time, in my opinion, you've managed to balance the humor and plot perfectly.I should mention, despite how much I enjoyed the grandness, all of the plot threads coming together left me a little bit in the dust, since I barely remembered how most of it was setup. In particular, I don't even remember if the Dark Hunters have been mentioned yet, and along with them I totally forgot how Teridax factored into all of this.And yet, I still can't wait for the next episode. Keep it up.

I really appreciate that. Thank you.

The Dark Hunters have definitely been mentioned before. I know it's been a while since Teridax's and others' story arcs have been covered, but this chapter was a major culminating point for portions of the plot. Happy you enjoyed.

I've been on vacation this past week, so sorry for the long wait. Chapter 9 will be up on Thursday, followed by a Special on Saturday. Chapter 10 will be up nex week. :)

---

Chapter 9: Okay, we need to talk about this.

TRANSITION GUY! THAT’S NOT THE TITLE!

I frankly don’t care anymore. Boss, this story is falling apart and if you---

Don’t you see? We literally just started a chapter. We have a plot to tell! This isn’t the time to have this conversation.

Are you ever planning to have it? Or are you just going to yell at more of your workers? This is going too far, and I can’t take it much longer.

Fine. Guardius, take him away.

NO!!! FINE! Okay. Oh boy.

Kiina panted, looking around the corridor. Corpses of dozens of Skrall warriors lay scattered across the floor. Those who survived crawled towards walls, corners, and exits from the castle. Turning, the Glatorian gazed out of the window behind her, where she saw Gresh, Malum, and other warriors vastly overpowering the Bone Hunters, who were slowly, but surely, retreating from the Black Spike Mountains. In the distance, she could see beings in vehicles and hordes of Vorox pulling enormous pieces of protosteel towards Roxtus.

“Do you think...it’s right, what we’ve done?”

Berix shuffled forward. Throughout the battle, he had remained mostly undercover, but his various tricks and traps had helped to turn the tide in the rebels’ favor. “They’re all gone. We desecrated their way of life. What they’ve stood for, for thousands of years.”

“And what have we lived for? We’ve all had nothing. We’ve always been struggling, scavenging to keep ourselves alive,” Kiina turned away from the window. “They’ve thought they were better than us. That they had the power to control our lives, and make us feel as if we’re worth nothing. We’re not. And we’ll never be again.”

In Tuma’s Throne Room…

Tahu scanned the room, trying to catch Ahkmoa’s teleportation pattern. Behind him, the Toa swiftly kicked Tahu’s legs, and Tahu crashed to the ground. He rolled away quickly, narrowly missing Ahkmoa as he thrust his sword into the floor, inches away from Tahu’s back. Retrieving the fidget spinner, Ackar again threw it at Ahkmoa, but he disappeared. Reappearing on the arm of the throne, he caught the spinner and chucked it out of the room.

“Go get it, Axonn,” said Ahkmoa, snickering.

“YES!! Axxie finally gets to play with a fidget spinner!” the tyrant exclaimed as he limped out of the room as fast as he could.

“No…” Ackar muttered as he hurried to fetch his spinner. He glanced back at Tahu, who flicked his hand, agreeing.

Ahkmoa turned to Tahu. “Give up yet?”

“Never. Not to you, you rotten little--”

“Don’t even say it. I’m a Toa now, and I’m bigger and far more powerful than you’ll ever be.” Ahkmoa disappeared and reappeared, standing on top of the throne, twice as tall as he’d been moments before. “You wish you have the power to be anywhere you wanted to be. Safe from evil, safe from terror. You almost got lucky. But in the end, your selfishness to leave everyone behind led to your own death.”

Tahu was silent. Deep down, he knew he shouldn’t have left everyone behind. He knew that no one in the Orderly Empire could have had any idea that he survived the transport. He knew that he should have stayed to defeat Helryx, instead of leaving everyone he loved under the terror of the Orderly Empire. He knew it was selfish and now that he could admit it to himself, he understood what he had gotten in return. As Ahkmoa jumped off the throne, his sword pointed at Tahu’s heart, Tahu accepted the consequence of the hellish fire he had started.

Inches above him, a flash of bluish light encircled the area where Tahu lay. Ahkmoa screamed as he fell into the portal, which opened into the ceiling of Mangaia. The Toa plunged headfirst into the pool of Energized Protodermis as the portal dissipated, and Tahu froze.

A gold hand hovered above his eyes. Slowly taking it, Tahu shook as Brutaka helped the Toa onto his feet. Handing him his swords, the titan smiled. “You’ve done well.”

“Brutaka...you’re alive?” asked Tahu, shocked.

“That’s not what Axonn said when he saw me. That’s very reassuring.”

“Where’s Vezon? How did you get here? How did you--” he pointed to the mask.

“Those are questions for another time,” Brutaka replied, carefully dodging the questions. “As for you…” He raised his palm.

In the Great Temple…

Applause thundered across the hall, where hundreds of Matoran, Toa, and Turaga gathered in celebration. Taka and Nuhrii graciously accepted the applause as they quieted the crowd. Next to them, the Toa Nuva closely guarded Makuta Teridax, who was shackled to the floor.

“Fellow beings, today I declare the first battle of the Resistance...a complete success!” Taka yelled, letting the crowd mount in excitement, cheering and applauding. “The leader of the Dark Hunters is dead, the ultimate creator has been freed, we’ve captured a Makuta overlord, and at long last, we’ve been reunited with Gali.”

“Shut up,” Teridax muttered. “You’re all too good to be---ARGH!”

Pohatu kicked Makuta, who keeled backward. Onua quickly gagged the tyrant, calming the crowd.

“No, leave him alone.” Taka strutted over to Teridax, removing his gag. “Fellow denizens, as Orderly Assistant---”

“--you mean, Assistant to Her Orderly Empress--”

“Don’t push it, Teri.”

“I’m sorry, what did you just call me?”

Taka shoved the butt of his staff into Teridax’s leg, who again cried out in pain. The crowd cheered. “Hey, guys, settle down. We’re a civilized bunch of beings, aren’t we?”

Teridax rolled his eyes. Yeah, so orderly.

“As a member of the Orderly Faction, I would assume that Teridax knows a fair deal about the...plans, should I say, of the Empire. Perhaps this would be your opportunity to tell us all.”

Teridax gazed out into the hall, where dozens of beings stared back at him. He craned his neck around slowly, where he saw Taka motioning for the Toa onstage to raise their weapons. They all followed. “And if I don’t?”

“You know what will happen,” Nuhrii retorted. “Frankly, this was my idea, and rather than killing you, I wanted to give you a chance to...um...redeem yourself.”

“Nuhrii, he’ll never be able to redeem himself for what he did. Even when he wasn’t in the Empire. Teridax has always been out for himself.” Taka pointed his staff at the Makuta. “He went against his own brother. He went against us. If he’s willing to save his life, he might as well go against Helryx.”

“She went back to Daxia Fortress to execute Order 44.”

The room went silent for a few seconds before spiraling into uncontrollable, hyena-like laughter. “HA! As if we’d believe you and your fourth wall joke,” Taka chuckled, swinging his staff.

“NO WAIT! I’M SERIOUS! IT’S THE PLAN TO EXECUTE EVERY ONE OF YOU IMBECILES!”

Taka’s staff swung into Teridax’s back, causing him to howl in pain. Dropping to the ground, the Makuta was instantly lifted back up by Pohatu and Onua. The noise ceased at once.

Taka turned to the Resistance, its leaders and members. He tried to find the words to speak, but none came.

To Be Continued…

---

---

Special 2: Save the Comedy/Don’t You Worry, Readers

Narrator: Well, hey guys.

As promised, I said I was going to do something to save the comedy. However, I suppose I won’t be able to do anything until I get out of the bloody wig salon.

Well, it’s actually not hard to get out of the wig salon itself. There’s just a door leading out of it. Really, there’s a long and winding road associated with the Wig Salon. That’s why it took two chapters to drag me away from NAW. Shame (not really) that this was all in vain for TNTS and his CENSORED ways of bossing.

Granted, it’s probably going to take me a little longer because I really don’t know the way, and it’s just me.

The Shadowed One: HEY!! Another cool dude! I thought I was the only one down here.

Narrator: ...wait, did TNTS really kill someone else off?? I’m barely impressed.

TSO: I mean, I didn’t want to die.

Narrator: Oh, you’re so precious-special. And would you care to mention why you’re headless?

TSO: Oh, I was decapitated by a Kanoka Launcher. You know, my head just sliced off cleanly. Minus the vocal chords. They’re still here.

Narrator: Of course they are. Oh boy. This is going to be fun.

In the Wig Salon Lobby…

Narrator: You’re sure you want to watch over the place?

Nuju: Positive. I have no desire to kick the bucket for the fourth time in this series. Staying dead is so much easier.

Narrator: (to himself) Not when the entire comedy is falling to bits.

Nuju: I’ll keep it spic and span. But don’t fret. I won’t moon the camera until you get back.

Narrator: ...you’re making a good choice, staying here. Best of luck. TSO and I are heading out now. (exits in a rush)

Nuju: (turns to Lewa) You didn’t want to go? I’m sure your teammates would have been ecstatic.

Lewa: (looks dramatically out window) I’ve fulfilled my destiny. To go back…would be anticlimactic. Purposeless. Cheesy.

Nuju: Maybe I should’ve gone with those weirdos. You think WAY too much.

Outside the Wig Salon…

Narrator: You know, it’s weird. I can see Comedy City right above us.

TSO: What? I can’t see it.

Narrator: Although it does look somewhat barren. I don’t know, I remember during The Fire Chronicles the city was bustling with content. MT Tower, Voltex Productions, The Lewa0111 Nuva Inn, ShadowBionics Skyscraper...gosh, I don’t know what happened.

TSO: From what it sounds like, I guess times have changed.

Narrator: I don’t even understand how you hear me. You don’t have ears.

TSO: Respect artistic liberties, dude. But I mean, the best you can do is keep those memories close to you. And embrace the new ones.

Narrator: (looks up to Master Inika Center, which stands tall in the air with NAW) You’re right. For once. I’ll never forget the memories we had together.

TSO: You shouldn’t. Whatever they ar---AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (falls down hole surrounding Wig Salon on all sides)

Narrator: You’re kidding me. TNTS, you little-- (dives into hole)

Several Minutes Later…

Narrator: You know, I can’t believe we’re still falling. Wherever it might be, I don’t see any light at the bottom of this pit.

TSO: Me neither.

Narrator: So what made you want to come back to life?

TSO: What? That’s why you’re going on this journey?

Narrator: I mean, technically, I’m not dead. You didn’t know what we’ve been doing this whole time? Are you kidding me?

TSO: Heh. Nice pun.

Narrator: What?? (slams into ground) Wow. That didn’t hurt.

TSO: Maybe it’s because we’re dead.

Narrator: You’re dead! I’m not.

TSO: Hey look, just because I’m blind doesn’t mean I’m an idiot.

Narrator: I mean, I’ll look, because I’m the only one here who can. And don’t worry. You being blind is only slightly linked to your idiocy.

TSO: You know, I don’t understand why you’re so mean to me. What have I done to you?

Narrator: I hate your chicken.

TSO: My what??

Narrator: Your chicken. Come on, General Tso. You know it’s too spicy for our own good.

TSO: I...I...what?? GENERAL TSO?! That’s both the best and worst thing I’ve ever heard.

(growling of unspeakable horror)

Narrator: ...and that might be the second worst.

To Be Continued...

---

wow I know it's not Saturday yet wow

​Chapter 10 will be out by Sunday. The jam-packed epilogue will be out by Tuesday.

~MetaStriker

Edited by MetaStriker

It's taken me a lot longer than I thought to be able to read these, and I regret not getting to them sooner. I'm honestly honored for that name-drop; it really does mean a lot to me.

Chapter 9 is in full force dramatically as well as comically. In particular, the reference to Order 66 is both funny as well as a genuinely interesting plot point. Special 2 was another fun read, and I can't wait to get to read the conclusion.

• Upvote 1

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

It's taken me a lot longer than I thought to be able to read these, and I regret not getting to them sooner. I'm honestly honored for that name-drop; it really does mean a lot to me.

Chapter 9 is in full force dramatically as well as comically. In particular, the reference to Order 66 is both funny as well as a genuinely interesting plot point. Special 2 was another fun read, and I can't wait to get to read the conclusion.

It's all right. If anything, it's given me a lot of time to mull over how to end this season, both effectively and comically. I should note that Chapter 10 and the Epilogue are notably heavier than other chapters of this series, but there's been a lot of aspects to consider.

As for the name-drop? Well, I'm happy you appreciate it. I've seen this forum go through many stages, and I really do miss the old days, but that doesn't mean I treasure what's here now. :)

---

Chapter 10: Reality

“You know you must go back.”

Brutaka’s palm relaxed over the portal as the bluish light colorized into the royal palette of Helryx’s throne room. The lights were dimmed, as Her Orderly Empress had not yet returned to Daxia Fortress.

“I can assure you that you will find the closure you’ve been yearning for, Tahu. You need to finish this, and you can.”

Kiina turned to Tahu. “So you really aren’t from here, then? You’re from that bloody giant robot that jettisoned away and left us to die on Bara Magna?”

“Wait, what?” Tahu tried to comfort Kiina, but she stepped away. Ackar and other surrounding Glatorian looked displeased as well.

“He has no recollection. It has been millennia since Tahu was created by the Great Beings and put into the Matoran Universe.”

“I believe him,” Berix said, pointing to Brutaka and running next to Tahu. “If we don’t, we’re all doomed. Tahu helped us all unite and defeat the Skrall Empire.”

“Well, clearly, he did. But why?” Kiina mused. “Why would he go out of his way? No one’s that selfless.”

“Tahu is,” said Ackar. “He saved my life when he didn’t have to. I owe him it all.”

“Look, Kiina. We don’t have much time,” said Brutaka.

“I don’t even know who you are! How do you know my name??”

No one noticed Berix dart into the portal as Brutaka turned to debate Kiina. Behind Berix, the portal snapped shut.

In Helryx’s Throne Room…

The room was decorated in gold, accented with royal blue drapes and carpets. The throne sat slightly offset from the wall, and branched out like the wings of a butterfly. 

The technology and architecture surrounding Berix was nothing like he’d ever seen before. He could have spent days immersed in studying this one room, and he’d have been happy.

As Helryx burst into the room, Berix’s dreams instantly vanished—

In Daxia Fortress…

Helryx rushed through the halls, being careful to avoid any remains of ice from Kopaka’s Nova Blast. She contacted the Mahri, ordering them to scour the city of Metru Nui in hopes of finding and stopping the Resistance. She ordered Karzahni, who Nuhrii had bested on Artakha, to gather the Makuta and Dark Hunters to secure the city and other continents. She tried to call Axonn, but her message didn’t reach. She tried to call Teridax. No answer.

I don’t understand...how is everything falling apart so fast?

Barely a month had passed since Tahu’s escape. The strong, unyielding empire that Helryx had built over ten years was tearing apart as if the threads had been loose all along.

“No...that’s not true…” Helryx tried to console herself, stay calm, but as she approached her throne room, she yearned to execute Order 44 with that big red button. She thirsted to kill them all.

In NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD

WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! GET BACK TO THE STORY, THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER!

We’ve had enough, TNTS. You’ve gone too far.

And we’re putting an end to all of this. It’s far too much.

Putting an end to what?! The plot? You can’t kill the plot of the comedy, without the plot it won’t be a comedy!!

Nex, pull up the definition of the word, “comedy.”

“In a modern sense, comedy (from the Greek: κωμῳδία, kōmōidía) refers to any discourse or work generally intended to be humorous or amusing by inducing laughter, especially in theatre, television, film, and stand-up comedy.”

When did you join them, Nex?! And that’s literally pasted from Wikipedia. I’m ashamed to be working with you creatures.

See, that’s why you won’t be anymore.

You have no control over that.

Oh, but we do, TNTS...or, should I say, uncensored...MetaStriker.

*DUH, DUH, DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!*

In Helryx’s Throne Room…

“He was innocent.”

Tahu stood over Berix’s body. He faced Helryx with eyes colder than ice.

“You had no reason to kill him. You didn’t even know him. He wasn’t even from our universe.”

Helryx’s hand hovered over the button. “This isn’t our universe, Tahu. This is mine, and you left it. You abandoned everyone. You made everyone’s lives CENSORED!”

She slammed her fist down on the big red button, and jumped off the throne, her mace flying up in the air, and down…

The chains of the mace broke as Kiina swung her trident into Helryx’s way. The spiked ball thudded into the wall, missing Tahu by about a foot.

Kiina thrust her weapon, aiming for Helryx’s back, but Helryx quickly rolled out of the way. Swiping her staff from the wall behind her, she sliced Kiina’s Thornax in half, mid-air, and proceeded to engage Tahu.

Unprepared, Tahu was blown back as Helryx shot a stream of water at the Toa of Fire, dousing his charged power and knocking him across the room. He quickly activated his Hau Nuva to block the projectile, and unsheathed his sword as he lunged for Helryx.

Helryx’s staff narrowly missed Tahu as he approached her from the side, and she was thrown back as Tahu knocked her to the ground. She thrashed out, kicking her legs out to trip Kiina as Axonn was pushed through the portal, followed by Brutaka, who had Axonn laying on the floor, Brutaka’s sword against his neck.

“You...you’re supposed to be dead!” Helryx’s Mask of Psychometry glowed, and the spiked ball hurled into Brutaka, knocking him into the wall, unconscious. The portal in the room began to spaz as Brutaka’s Olmak rapidly flashed; it was cracked from the blow.

Helryx stood up, but Tahu quickly tackled her to the ground once more. Tahu began hacking at her staff, taking every opportunity to wound her. His aura glowed red, in both anger and fire.

The staff shattered as Helryx forced Tahu away. Glancing behind her, she attempted to kick Tahu, but he blocked her attacks easily. She breathed heavily.

No...that’s not true. I won’t let it be true.

Grabbing something from the floor, Helryx dove into the portal and disappeared. Moments later, the portal shifted to the world of Bara Magna, where Ackar hurriedly ran into the Matoran Universe.

“I...I don’t understand. I shouldn’t have run in there. This is all my fault.”

“It’s not your fault...but everything is going haywire. There’s people crossing into our planet that we’ve never seen before,” said Ackar, hastily. “Look, I don’t know who you are. But I trust you. And I trust you to stop all this madness.”

Tahu’s head darted around the room, from Berix’s body to the flashing red button, to the torn tapestries to the Olmak, cracked across the middle. He looked back at Ackar. “My name is Tahu, Toa Nuva of Fire. And I’m not a hero. I have no idea to stop all of this madness. I’m...I’m sorry.”

“It’s going to be all right.”

That voice...that voice had not been heard in years. But it was all too familiar to Tahu.    

Tahu slowly turned around--

To Be Concluded…

---

Epilogue dropping in the next few days. Thoughts?

Very nice. The bit of fourth-wall-breakage was welcome to keep it from becoming too dramatic, and the bits that were meant to be serious read just as they were supposed to. Can't wait for the epilogue but, at the same time, sad to see this coming to a close, it's been such an enjoyable read.

• Upvote 1

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Thank you so, so much. It's been a heck of a ride with this series over the years, and I couldn't be happier that it's finally seemed to strike a balance and become the work I've always wanted it to be. (Hopefully the epilogue of this season doesn't play out like Seinfeld​, then :P)

Just a quick, official announcement before we start: production on the third season has begun, but I will be taking an extended hiatus from the series as I approach new happenings in my personal life. You can still expect activity from me on the site, and for the third season to come, sometime, but please don't expect it soon. If anything, know that I'm spending my time living, working, and writing, making the next season of this series the best conclusion for the Orderly Empire, ​NAW​, the Resistance, and everyone in the universe it can possibly be. Thank you for your patience :)

And with that...

---

Epilogue: Onward

Heh. It’s good to be back.

You didn’t even exist in the original comedy! What’s happening here? Why is my font green and italicized?

You know, Striker. You just forgot. We almost forgot, too.

You can’t do this! I am the author of this comedy! Without me, you wouldn’t even exist!

Well, I'm also the author of this comedy. And I’ve had enough of the way that I--I mean, you’ve, behaved.

Meta, come on. The Fire Chronicles wasn’t even finished. Your plot was awful and it made no sense.

Striker, your humor in the original was so bad, I would’ve rather watched Birdemic: Shock and Terror five times in a row.

You could’ve easily inserted a “four” joke in there.

And I didn’t. Because they suck.

You suck.

You suck more. That’s why I’m hereby banning you from the comedy.

I’m sorry, WHAT?!

That’s right. Your reign of terror ends here.

That was a bloody awful reference to the third season of The Fire Chronicles. Which, by the way, wasn’t even finished. You know, maybe if you made a fourth season to the comedy, you would’ve actually concluded it.

Get out. Seriously. I sort of have a story to tell now.

I’m so happy.

Curse you, Greg all.

In the comedy…

Vezon quietly closed the portal to NAME AND ADDRESS WITHHELD, making sure that no being noticed that a portal had been in the room as the rogue warrior eavesdropped. Granted, since it was written into the story, Meta and Striker both knew that Vezon was eavesdropping, and now I know, too. It’s really paradoxical the more I think about it, so I’m just going to drop it because it’s psyching me out and I’m pretty sure it’s just a clever plot transition.

Wow, the old TNTS would’ve fired me for that. I’m liking this---well, his---Meta persona.

Vezon gazed into each Cavern of the Elements as he stood in the middle, just as he had done for years. He had not left the Underground Lab of the Great Beings in four years, as he had arrived there with Brutaka after dimension-hopping through several different comedies and universes. During their time in the Lab, they had both worked to study the Great Beings and perfect the control over their Olmak masks.

Since Brutaka had abandoned Vezon to get into the war, Vezon sat, alone, musing. Waiting. Watching.

Throwing his Kardas Dragon a bone, he opened another portal, lounging back in his recliner...

In Roxtus…

The ruin of Roxtus Castle spreads across the mountainscape as the Glatorian continue to desecrate the surrounding region. The pieces of the Mega-Village, hauled by Agori, are fastened together with Roxtus, forming a large robot not unlike the Great Spirit Robot. They cheer.

From the edge of the portal, Vezon sees another portal open, with the form of Makuta Teridax hurtling down. His eyes widen.

On the Shores of Metru Nui…

Hordes of Visorak swarm into the city, as Roodaka watches them inching towards the Great Temple. There is no escape.

On the Shores of Daxia…

“Onua!! No!!”

Gali watches as Onua is knocked into the sea. A Dark Hunter climbs aboard the ship.

“She should’ve killed you when she got the chance. Your journey, regardless, has been for noth--”

But Taka tackles the Dark Hunter, moments before his spear reaches Gali’s skull. Toa Nuhrii quickly fires a Kanoka into his chest, and the Hunter is still.

They look towards Daxia Fortress, whose doors are wide open. “Gali, we can’t. It’s too dangerous. We need to save the others...Onua...Kopeke...they can’t be gone.”

But Gali has already exited the ship, hustling towards the entrance to the fortress…

As she sprints through the halls of the dilapidated stronghold, Vezon leans toward the portal in suspense.

He is, for the first time in years, afraid.

In Helryx’s Throne Room…

--and Mata Nui, wearing the Mask of Life, inhabiting a black and gold body, sat on the throne.

“I...I always knew. I always believed you couldn’t have died.”

“I did, actually. Nonetheless, you know, in your heart, why I’m still here today. I could not have asked for a greater sacrifice from Lewa…after everything.”

Tahu bows his head, humbly kneeling in front of the Great Spirit.

“Stand up, Toa Tahu. You must understand that I’m no hero.”

“But you are. You’re the reason we’ve been alive this entire time.”

“I could’ve come back at any time to save you all. Maybe if the old writer wasn’t so brutal--”

How dare you.

What did I say?? gET oUt.

*insert sPoNGebOB meme*

Really? You’re resorting to stale memes now? Wow, I thought I could wait until the end of the epilogue, and this is a super-long epilogue, too. That’s it. You’re done.

(falling) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

“No. I would’ve been defeated if I came back before now. And even then, I can’t save you all. I alone cannot stop evil from plaguing our universe. But we can.”

Tahu stands up. He turns around, looking back at Berix’s body as well as Ackar, who is tending to Brutaka. Axonn, Helryx and Kiina are nowhere to be seen.

“I promise you, we can all make this better. Don’t you agree?”

“I do.”

Tahu feels a hand on his shoulder. That voice...that hand. It is all he has ever wanted to find.

Without hesitation, he takes Gali and holds her close, bursting into tears. He smiles.

End of Season 2

---

Coming soon to a comedy forum near you...​The Hero Tahu​.

In the meantime...

~MetaStriker

​~I mean, Meta. Striker was banished.

~Meta.

• Upvote 1

A nice epilogue. I will admit I was quite lost as to where all these characters came from, but I suppose it's a by-product of how wild this story is, I honestly should go through it again and give it a deep reading. Still, the comedy and drama mixed well, and it's a fitting end to a great season.

I did catch this minor error in the second special:

Narrator: I mean, I’ll look, because I’m the only one here who can. And don’t worry. You being blind is only slightly linked to your idiocracy.[/size]

Idiocracy is not a real word, though it was a movie from 2006. The word you're looking for is idiocy. I made the same mistake after seeing Idiocracy. Edited by Master Inika

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

A nice epilogue. I will admit I was quite lost as to where all these characters came from, but I suppose it's a by-product of how wild this story is, I honestly should go through it again and give it a deep reading. Still, the comedy and drama mixed well, and it's a fitting end to a great season.

I did catch this minor error in the second special:

Narrator: I mean, I’ll look, because I’m the only one here who can. And don’t worry. You being blind is only slightly linked to your idiocracy.[/size]

Idiocracy is not a real word, though it was a movie from 2006. The word you're looking for is idiocy. I made the same mistake after seeing Idiocray.

Well, to explain it easily, Meta and Striker are the split personalities of yours truly. In the original comedy, my old username was Tahu Nuva: Toa of Silver but here, it's clearly MetaStriker. The Fire Chronicles introduced a literal battle between TNTS and my new username/personality, Meta Nuva. Meta Nuva is the Meta part of my username, and Striker is the TNTS part.

Lol, I'm pretty sure I didn't explain it easily, but the whole arc is going to be furthered in The Hero Tahu, though, so don't worry.

Mata Nui, as explained in an earlier chapter, was saved by Lewa when he was in Karda Nui, investigating the Codrex. If you remember from Tahu's Transport, the Toa Mahri were all captured by Helryx in 2007, before they were able to fulfill their destinies. While imprisoning them, Helryx released shadow leeches into the Mahri's stasis tubes to turn them evil, and by the time Kopaka released them, they were full-on Toa of Shadow, henchmen of Helryx and the Empire. In 2008, Lewa sacrificed himself to save Mata Nui by putting on the Ignika; Mata Nui's spirit remained here, preventing the Matoran Universe from being destroyed. Oblivious to this, Helryx announced Lewa's death when crowning herself Orderly Empress but never explained how--because she truly never knew how.

Admittedly, Vezon's rarely appeared since Brutaka left him--and Roodaka made her first appearance in this very epilogue--but rest assured, they'll be getting far more screen time in The Hero Tahu​.

Well, consider all that a mid-series clarification. I'm staying tight-lipped on what lies nex for The Hero Tahu​, but fear not--it'll all be here soon.

Also, spelling error? Yikes. Well, all I can say is that I'm anything but perfect :P I'll go and fix that up.

~Meta

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

HELRYX!!!!!!!!!! YOURE DONE FOR TAHU GET OVER HERE SHES GOT GALI

What Inika said.

What about dark humor? Like, you can keep a serious edge to the story, but lighten the load with a joke or two that could also foreshadow some of the plot.