• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bionicle: Mask of Light Original Soundtrack Now Available

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 3,287 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2017 - 09:49 AM

Yesterday, as promised, Nathan Furst's Bionicle: Mask of Light Original Soundtrack was digitally released to the world! You can check it out for yourself on Amazon ($8.99), iTunes ($10.99), Google Play ($9.49), and Spotify (free with paid subscription). The album consists of 18 tracks with a total running length of a little over an hour. After listening, feel free to drop by the Talkback and tell us your favorite tracks and how well you feel the score holds up after all these years!

View the full article

#2 Offline TheZOMBIEJ

TheZOMBIEJ
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 03-February 14
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2017 - 11:14 AM

will there be a physical cd release ov this soundtrack? please?

#3 Offline Phyoohrii

Phyoohrii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

• 07-July 07
  • 5,470 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Mar 11 2017 - 07:19 PM

Been on a bit of a soundtrack buying spree this weekend, looks like there's another to add to the list.

signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

#4 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 20-July 07
  • 3,018 posts

Posted Mar 11 2017 - 08:51 PM

Can't wait to set aside the funds to buy the soundtrack proper! Like TheZOMBIEJ I'd also love a physical copy ( what are the chances they'll have it on vinyl? :P ). For now I'm listening to it on Spotify, and it's incredible! So clear and beautiful, definitely worth the unbelievable wait. So grateful to Nathan Furst for putting it together, he truly loves us  :inlove:

Edited by Pomegranate, Mar 11 2017 - 08:52 PM.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#5 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Flying Force!

• 06-April 10
  • 2,422 posts

Posted Mar 11 2017 - 10:12 PM

will there be a physical cd release ov this soundtrack? please?

Probably not.

( what are the chances they'll have it on vinyl? :P ).

For realsies though, what's up with the vinyl comeback?

Is it just trendy?

Will VHS see a hip resurgence in a decade or two?

New Video - 10 Years of G1, and Hello G2! Check it out!

If you know anything at all related to Nathan Furst's scores to the first three films - cue sheets, track titles, random slates, film stems, perhaps even the complete scores themselves - PM me at once!

#6 Offline Inary the Gunhaver

Inary the Gunhaver
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 29-May 15
  • 3,607 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 11 2017 - 11:59 PM

( what are the chances they'll have it on vinyl? :P ).

For realsies though, what's up with the vinyl comeback?

Is it just trendy?

Will VHS see a hip resurgence in a decade or two?

There have been claims that vinyl records sound better or are more faithful to the original recording of the song compared to CDs. Vinyl records also look better, so maybe those claims are nostalgia-driven. That would explain vinyl's lasting appeal. However, Blu Ray video far outmatches VHS tapes in video quality. A VHS comeback would be both regressing to obsolete technology and inconvenient to consumers and video manufacturing. 

rubbersoul-win.gifx8_team_by_mizz_ninja.gifbnWaS7N.gif

:smileonuanu:  :smilepohatunu:  :smiletahunu:  :smiletol:  :smilekopakanu:  :smilelewanu:  :smilegalinu:  

田丸

#7 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Flying Force!

• 06-April 10
  • 2,422 posts

Posted Mar 12 2017 - 07:48 AM

There have been claims that vinyl records sound better or are more faithful to the original recording of the song compared to CDs. Vinyl records also look better, so maybe those claims are nostalgia-driven. That would explain vinyl's lasting appeal. However, Blu Ray video far outmatches VHS tapes in video quality. A VHS comeback would be both regressing to obsolete technology and inconvenient to consumers and video manufacturing.

As if vinyl records are 'convenient' and non-anachronistic.

Vinyl sound has been called 'warmer' than CD counterpart. That just is probably a result of today's very poor CD mastering though ('Loudness War').

Once a few years have gone by and people begin realizing how much care they need to put into cleaning their records to be able to hear the music cleanly (all those nasty pops and clicks that materialize after a while... blech!) they'll also realize why vinyl was so heartily abandoned for cassette tapes.

Speaking of being more faithful to the original recordings, there are people who cling to their LaserDiscs on account of the more accurate color grading and sound mixes. I can understand that, since that's a bit more concrete, but what counts as 'original recording' for a song? In terms of faithfulness, is old mono more accurate than a new stereo mix, if only because of tech limitations of the time? Not all the changes Lucas made to Star Wars were bad.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939, Mar 12 2017 - 07:59 AM.

If you know anything at all related to Nathan Furst's scores to the first three films - cue sheets, track titles, random slates, film stems, perhaps even the complete scores themselves - PM me at once!

#8 Offline Shadow Destroyer

Shadow Destroyer
  • Premier Member
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 03-August 08
  • 2,121 posts

Posted Mar 12 2017 - 03:40 PM

The soundtrack is glorious. Unity, Duty, Destiny is easily my favorite track

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

#9 Offline Pohaturon

Pohaturon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 11-March 07
  • 568 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2017 - 04:06 PM

This is fantastic, I've been listening to it on Spotify quite a bit. I'm really, really hoping for a release of the Legends of Metru Nui soundtrack too. I know the two films shared a lot of music, but LoMN had some unique tracks that were fantastic.

:kakama:

Stone does not bend. Stone does not break. Stone endures. :kakama: #LeaveStoneAlone2017

"The numbers never stop coming, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch, Person of Interest

"The fish was wet and slimy, and decidedly dead." - George Stobbart, Broken Sword

I write stories, which you can read here: A Beach, Somewhere

#10 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Flying Force!

• 06-April 10
  • 2,422 posts

Posted Mar 12 2017 - 04:21 PM

I'm really, really hoping for a release of the Legends of Metru Nui soundtrack too. I know the two films shared a lot of music, but LoMN had some unique tracks that were fantastic.

Indeed! The best way to secure a possible release for LoMN and WoS is to buy what we have now.

You guys remember how some menu music on the LoMN DVD weren't even cues from the film (they felt like Furst's music though)? I wanna know the story behind that. A LoMN score release would answer lifelong questions.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939, Mar 12 2017 - 04:21 PM.

#11 Offline VahiHolder02

VahiHolder02
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 30-January 16
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 12 2017 - 05:19 PM

I'm very pleased with the album. Absolutely no buyer's remorse here. The only disappointing element of the album was that I was very much hoping for an extended piano-cover of the 'Unity, Duty, Destiny' theme, improving upon the roughly 1.50 minute sampling at the end of the track. Ah well, LoMN will hopefully be out following this excellent work.

#12 Offline Taccer

Taccer
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 11-March 04
  • 4,237 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 13 2017 - 06:26 PM

It's wonderful to hear the original clear audio after all this time. Even more excitited for the LoMN soundtrack, although I think Nathan Furst said that it was incomplete due to the infamous hard disk crash. Here's to hoping anyway!

Taccer's

BlogXone | TradeRefs

UK-based Trader | 2001-05 Collection for sale inc. Rares

Looking for a black/bright orange (Heat Vision) Kraata & Pohatu Mata Canister Lid.

#13 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Flying Force!

• 06-April 10
  • 2,422 posts

Posted Mar 14 2017 - 10:02 AM

It's wonderful to hear the original clear audio after all this time. Even more excitited for the LoMN soundtrack, although I think Nathan Furst said that it was incomplete due to the infamous hard disk crash. Here's to hoping anyway!

If we are very lucky perhaps the studio has an archive, and would be willing to cooperate. At the very least I would hope they have the splits for the film (the music mix for the movie isolated).

#14 Offline Iruini Nuva

Iruini Nuva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 04-March 05
  • 4,457 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Mar 14 2017 - 10:15 AM

Along the lines of the CD question--anybody found a FLAC or other lossless version available for purchase yet?

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

#15 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Flying Force!

• 06-April 10
  • 2,422 posts

Posted Mar 14 2017 - 03:25 PM

Along the lines of the CD question--anybody found a FLAC or other lossless version available for purchase yet?

Yes.

Now I wish I'd bought it there rather than Amazon. Ah well

For those interested, I'm starting to write up an analysis/review of the score. It will take me at least one hundred years to finish, or maybe a couple weeks. Keep your eyes peeled!

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939, Mar 14 2017 - 03:36 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users