Jano (such torso, many spike, wow)

PZOiYpT.jpg

Jano, Toa Mahto of Ice, once stood for others. His people as their defender, his fellow Toa as their teammate, and his calling as the only one who could fulfill it.

But entombed in a prison of ice, thrown up mere seconds before that loathed island-shattering blast enveloped him, he found himself alone. 

Completely immobilized for days on end, the Toa’s mind and will deteriorated. No help came. No help would come.

Immersed within the catalyst of desperation, the beast deep within – the beast that resides within every being – awoke.

The beast shook away the last of it’s chains and cast aside the last vestiges of the Toa’s control; thoughts and being alike twisted and contorted as the thorns hidden beneath were finally permitted to surface.

Empowered by years of unspent primal rage, the ice was his first victim. Then a Kau. Then a Matoran. 

Jano neither discriminates nor hesitates; the once-hero now hunts down and mauls all who possess either the audacity or misfortune to trespass in his territory.

For what it’s worth: the torso consists of two Piraka skulls, two Nuju Hordika heads, a Witch-Doctor head, two Onua claws and... a Stormer 1.0 chest-plate.

Entry to the March 2017 BZpower Flickr Contest.

Edited by Poor Disadvantaged
  • Upvote 11

Wow he's spikey, the trans blue legs look a little out of place but I understand that you may have wanted to make them thin, however I feel that regular light blue would be a better colour to use. The rest of him is amazing though and I love how his spikes give the impression he has fur. Was that intended? I do like his bestial look and I wish you luck at the contest.

• 3 weeks later...

Slight disappointment in that I came here expecting a LEGO doge.

The model itself, though... wow. It's amazing. You really took the backstory/theme and ran with it. There's so many creative uses of parts to get the icicle effect that I don't know where to start. The Nuju Hordika heads and white Onua claws jump out at me, but the more I look at it the colder and spikier it gets.

The only criticism I can think of is that the color scheme isn't perfect. The blue could have been better distributed, particularly in the arms and torso. I get the idea is that his body is covered in ice, but I feel like a few bits of blue would still stick out. Alternatively, it would also look better with the blue totally removed, imo, to make him completely encased in ice. The dark gray ankles stick out to me, too, but this is really just a nitpick on an otherwise great model. 9.5/10.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

If he was a Toa of Ice in a prison of ice while still conscious, then he could have easily absorbed the ice.

Nice MOC though. I like the legs.

I got the impression that he created the Ice to protect himself from his island's destruction, and probably ended up adrift or maybe even trapped underwater by debris.

I agree that the color scheme could use some variation/redistribution-otherwise an impressive MOC

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I must say I am really digging this moc as its very solid and you managed to get it to be spiky all over and still look good which is something I have yet to do well.

-Onvermel-

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...