For Coronet and Cancellation [Slizer Mafia 3]

Pahrak Model ZX

It's over, isn't it? 

Seriously though that was a fun game, even if it was really short. (and as you can see I still have things I first heard a few months ago stuck in my head.)

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

End: One Hundred Steps Back

Ehks stood at the peak of her shattered tower, her full four-tiered halo of disks behind her and the gateway to the void over her head.  She glared down over the city with cold rage in her eyes, digging her fingers into the faintly-glowing disk in her hand.

I'm waking up at the start of the end of the world,

But its feeling just like every other morning before,

Now I wonder what this place is going to mean if it's gone.

Elsewhere, Taka Nuvia set down the golden disk she had brought with her, and turned back towards the warehouse.  The Millennium Slizer stood at its entrance with their eyes closed and their arms crossed, maintaining a meditative state to keep open the swirling portal next to them.  Generic Slizers rushed into it en masse.

The cars are moving like a half a mile an hour

And I started staring at the passengers who're waving goodbye

Can you tell me if we ever really stood a chance all this time?

The Ice Coronet ran into the city and leapt atop a pile of rubble.  She created her halo one tier at a time, staring up at Ehks’s tower defiantly.  B0ss Manducus, the Sub Slizer, approached from her right, shaking his head sadly.

“But I believe the world is burning to the ground.”

To her left was Toa Smoke Monster, the City Slizer, who shared in the Coronet’s determination.

“Oh well, I guess we're gonna find out.”

Taka took a deep breath, preparing herself for the final confrontation.  It all rode on this: the future of the Slizers, the legacy of the Coronets, and whether everything that had come before meant something or was all in vain.

“Let's see how far we've come.

Let's see how far we've come.”

Ehks grinned.  Her disks shot out, falling upon Taka and her allies like a rain of fire, and she screamed down at them.

“Well I believe it all is coming to an end!

Oh well, I guess we're gonna pretend:

Let's see how far we've come!

Let's see how far we've come!”

Taka reached up and created a dome of ice to protect herself, while her attendants ran for cover and then made for the tower.  Smoke stopped short when he saw Rahkshi Guurahk.  He had to jump back to avoid being crushed by the Mask Maker’s hammer, and quickly drew a disk in confusion.  Manducus, meanwhile, had clashed with the Rock Slizer, none other than SwagtronYOLO—sparks scattered as the enemy’s pickaxes struck the pavement where he had just been standing.

I think it turned ten o'clock but I don't really know

Then I can't remember caring for an hour or so

Started crying and I couldn't stop myself

I started running but there's nowhere to run to

Smoke did his best to evade Guurahk, but he hit a dead end, and soon he was splattered against the wall.  Manducus leapt forward in desperation, catching on one of Tekulo’s pickaxes, and soon the other was stabbed into him as well, allowing the Rock Slizer to rip him in two.  Taka wanted to avenge her comrades, but Ehks demanded her full attention: the Judge Coronet leapt down to the street, reforming her halo as she fell.

I sat down on the street and took a look at myself

Said where you going now you know the world is headed for heck

Say your goodbyes if you've got someone you can say goodbye to

Taka attacked with three tiers of her halo.  Ehks countered with all four of hers and walked forward, but Taka lunged, willing her remaining eight disks to spin horizontally around her as she did.  She pushed Ehks back and summoned more disks, fusing them into two that were larger than either Coronet, and swung both weapons down.  Ehks shot up through the gap and landed behind Taka.  Spinning, Taka brought one small disk to her hand, swinging it up to parry a disk swung by Ehks.

I believe the world is burning to the ground

Oh well, I guess we're gonna find out

Let's see how far we've come

The Judge Coronet attacked with a barrage of punches.  Taka blocked each one and retaliated, and when Ehks sidestepped, she willed spikes of ice to grow from her forearm, catching Ehks off-guard and stabbing into her chest.  It was Taka’s turn to batter her foe, driving the icicles deeper and deeper with each blow, and when Ehks eventually broke free to regain her bearings, she flash-froze the ground to make her slip.  Unfortunately, Ehks swung with the momentum and kicked Taka into the air when she moved in—rebounding off solid ground, Ehks grabbed her opponent by the throat and hurled her into the concrete, sending eight disks along her arm as she did to strike Taka while she was down.

Well I believe it all is coming to an end

Oh well, I guess we're gonna pretend,

As the last of the Generic Slizers ran through the portal, the Millennium Slizer finally opened their eyes.  They watched the terrible battle unfold, wondering if they should do something, but the Mask of Time beckoned them back to the new timeline.  The void was too close for them to stay any longer.

It's gone, gone, baby it’s all gone

There is no one on the corner and there's no one at home

The Millennium Slizer turned and walked through the portal, mumbling to themselves.

“It was cool, cool, it was just all cool,

Now it's over for me, and it's over for you.”

Taka and Ehks traded a few more blows before grappling with each other, each pushing with all their might but not being able to overcome the other.  As they struggled, hundreds of disks appeared and shot out and clashed, an endless stream of them coming from both Coronets and countering each other perfectly to create a veil of destruction around the still fighters.  Ehks ultimately shifted her weight, letting Taka start forward, and tossed her through the cloud of carnage and three walls beyond.  The Judge Coronet laughed as she walked after her.

“Well it’s gone, gone, baby it’s all gone,

There is no one on the corner and there's no one at home.

Well it was cool, cool, it was just all cool…”

Taka came back swinging, and managed to land a hit across Ehks’s face.  She just grinned and pulled back her own fist.

“Now it's over for me, and it's over for you!”

Ehks drove her fist into Taka’s gut.  Doing her best to ignore the pain, the Ice Coronet grabbed Ehk’s head in both hands and unleashed her elemental power, freezing her victim’s entire body in an instant.  Taka backed up and caught her breath…but soon light exploded from Ehks, freeing her, and the luminescence then formed into a tornado of disks that swirled around her and lifted Taka off of her feet.

But I believe the world is burning to the ground

Oh well, I guess we're gonna find out

In the other timeline, the Millennium Slizer glanced over the assembled Generic Slizers.  They all looked nervous, wondering what was going on back home—what had become of the last Coronet who fought for them.  The Millennium Slizer put a hand over their forehead, and then flicked their fingers out.  An image of the Coronet’s battle appeared, and the crowd went silent at once, all eyes fixating on the fight.  Ehks laughed into the sky and walked towards Taka.

“Well I believe it all is coming to an end!”

Shakily, Taka pulled herself onto her feet.  The determination hadn’t left her eyes.

“Oh well, I guess we're gonna pretend.

Let’s see how far we’ve come,

She leapt back into the fray, jabbing her ice-encrusted fists faster than the eye could see.  Ehks took great care to block each punch.  The stalemate continued, but still, there was hope.  The Generic Slizers began to chant.

“Let's see how far we've come,

Ehks jumped up and sent a flurry of disks down on Taka.  The Ice Coronet clapped her hands together, blowing the incoming storm away with a compressed blizzard, and then knocked Ehks back to the ground with her own disks.  She hopped forward and kicked, hitting Ehks hard enough to flip her over.  The Generic Slizers cheered louder.

“Let's see how far we've come!

“Let's see how far we've come!”

Taka punched and punched, repeatedly slamming Ehks into the ground with her fists.  The Judge Coronet punched back, but it did nothing to deter Taka, who thought of all the atrocities her sister had committed, all the terror she would bring on other worlds if allowed to live.  Blades of ice sprouted from her wrists and were jammed into Ehks.  Taka raised both hands above her head and summoned all the disks she could manage, pooling them all to create one massive disk of ice that hung over the entire square.  Eagerly, the Generic Slizers cried out in hope.

“Let's see how far we've come!

Let's see how far we've come!”

With a grin, Ehks drew the glowing disk she carried and thrust.

“Let's see…”

The weapon dug deep into Taka’s chest, and her eyes suddenly went bloodshot.  Her body went stiff, her breathing stopped, and slowly, the disk above her started to drip.

Ehks stood and dusted herself off.  Looking back at Taka, she said, “Did you think I no longer had the schematics to our only weakness?  Why else would I have recruited the builder?  Tsk, tsk, you allowed yourself to grow careless, sister.”

Taka just stared ahead blankly.  Drops of water fell on her with increasing frequency, the disk of ice now visibly smaller than it once was.  Ehks stepped up and grabbed her disk—Taka grunted, and the rate at which the disk was melting instantly sped up.

“…I do wish it didn’t have to be this way, sister,” Ehks said.  “If nothing else, I hope you believe that.  Good bye.”

She shoved the disk out through Taka’s back.  Above, the ice disk burst entirely into water, leaving both Coronets soaked.  Taka fell over.  Ehks watched until all the light was gone from her eyes, and then turned on her heel and stalked back towards the tower.

“Mask Maker.  Rock Slizer.  Come with me, please.  This world has nothing left to offer us.”

The Millennium Slizer stood at the edge of the Slizer Dome, turned towards the distance so they could watch the sun set.  It had been hard, but the Slizers had managed to break the cycle of war much faster than they had in the original timeline, and were now beginning construction of ships that could pass between worlds—not to conquer them, but to visit in peace in the hopes of making allies.

“I think you’d be proud, Taka.”

They glanced aside at a facility that was only about a mile away.  A Science Slizer could be seen quietly slipping inside.

“I don’t think they’re going to restart astral mutation…but I did think it best they learn the formulas necessary to kill Ehks.  She’s still out there, somewhere, and I don’t think they’ll ever really be safe until she’s gone.  But, at least you won’t have to be the one to kill her.  Hopefully that brings you some peace.”

Inhaling deeply, the Millennium Slizer started walking.  If the rest of the Slizers were leaving this world, then it was time for them to get moving too.  The Mask of Time they wore still belonged to Okoto, after all, and in 15 years it would need to end up there again.  They chuckled to themselves—hopefully, they thought, this time it would be allowed to stay there.

Taka Nuvia (Ice Coronet), slain

B0ss Manducus (Sub Slizer), slain

Toa Smoke Monster (City Slizer), slain

Winners:

Monado Girl (Judge Coronet)

SwagtronYOLO (Rock Slizer)

Rahkshi Guurahk (Mask Maker)

Gravelord NiToaD (Generic Slizer)

xccj (Generic Slizer)

Blessed Blade (Generic Slizer)

JAG18 (Generic Slizer)

Voltex (Generic Slizer)

Thanks for playing, everyone!  Sorry the game ended up being so short, but hopefully you still had fun!

• Upvote 4

I think this was the shortest mafia game I've been in.

was still fun though =D

(and I agree with Blade on that song choice, even if I haven't heard said song in a while now)

...I want Slizer Mafia 4 now. =p

• Upvote 1

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )