LEGO Adds 75144 Snowspeeder to the Star Wars UCS Lineup

75144_Snowspeeder_teaser.jpg

Today LEGO is announcing the latest set in the Star Wars Ultimate Collector's Series: the 75144 Snowspeeder! While perhaps this hasn't been the best kept secret out there, at least we now have high resolution images, the designer video, and of course the full press release. To see what this new take on the iconic ship from Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back brings to the table, read on and check it all out!

View the full article

I have been consistently highly impressed and amazed by the various Star Wars UCS sets that Lego has put out over the years... but this one isn't doing it for me. I don't know quite why, since it's quite apparently a technical marvel of Lego design and a well-crafted set, but somehow I'm not getting the same "wow" factor as, say, the recent Slave 1 or the old school X-Wing USC sets induced. I guess it would help if I wouldn't be kinda "meh" about this vehicle in the first place, but something about it just doesn't tick. I'm sure many other will love it, especially if they like this vehicle in particular.

I'm still holding out for a large, highly detailed USC Speeder Bike, though that itch will be scratched by the CCBS set, at least temporarily. I'd also love an update of the Tantive IV, or even the version with the blue livery, and a T-16 Skyhopper, though that might be too minor for a UCS.

:kakama: 

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki: