Official Voltron Topic

Wiriamu

So some may be aware that I'm a fan of Voltron: Legendary Defender, the most recent incarnation of the Voltron franchise-it's honestly my favorite interpretation of the property. So I thought I'd start up a topic where, if folks would like, they could discuss it and their feelings about it. Discussion of the other Voltron incarnations is okay too, as is discussion/speculation on the announced Voltron film.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Hey, now we're talkin'! I live for this stuff!

Finally, a fellow Voltron fan on BZPower! We seem to be in the minority...

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Most surprising. I'm aware that the original series has something of a cult following in the US.

That's what I thought too, but I guess not many of them are also Bionicle fans on BZPower...or if they are, I haven't run across them.

So, who all has been able to watch Legendary Defender, and what do you think?

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Legendary, awesome, fiendish!

Indeed. Gotta say, hoping season three gets here soon, though I am worried about Shiro.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

True, but I don't want Shiro to leave the team-I'd rather they get rid of Lance. Of course, they could always have Shiro take charge of a reimagined Vehicle Voltron with Matt, Shay, Kolivan, Ryner, and maybe a few more Voltron allies if they go with the fifteen pilots the original version had.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Rather him than Shiro, and it'd be a quick way to get Allura the Blue Lion.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

Who said Allura had to stick with the Blue Lion?

No one...though classic Voltron purists probably want it.

So am the only one who thinks Lotor is part Altean?

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

• 1 month later...

In a bit of a Voltron drought at the moment-I've heard rumors of a season three trailer but haven't come across anything official yet. And of course the live action movie is still a ways out, so no help there.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

• 1 month later...

Haven't seen Legendary Defender, but the redesign for Voltron is pretty dope. Golion is a fantastic design, and it does a fantastic job of modernizing the design.

Most surprising. I'm aware that the original series has something of a cult following in the US.

It does, but it's largely among Gen-Xers who watched the show as kids in the 80s, and mecha enthusiasts like myself. Neither is likely to browse this site lol

hElbrZ6.gif

Haven't seen Legendary Defender, but the redesign for Voltron is pretty dope. Golion is a fantastic design, and it does a fantastic job of modernizing the design.

It does, but it's largely among Gen-Xers who watched the show as kids in the 80s, and mecha enthusiasts like myself. Neither is likely to browse this site lol

True-I'm sure there are some like myself who saw The Third Dimension and Voltron Force...but those were pretty sorry continuations by most accounts.

So have you guys heard about the Voltron movie that's in the works? I am cautiously excited-while the idea of it getting a movie is cool, Hollywood has screwed up many of my once beloved childhood franchises, and I would rather not see it happen again. That being said, you guys have any thoughts on the casting of such a film? The only concrete one that's come to mind for me is I think it'd be cool for Peter Cullen to reprise his role as King Alfor from the original Voltron series in live action-I know he's a dedicated voice actor, but it'd be cool to actually see his face on the screen.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs

• 1 month later...