Blank White Kanoka

Illuminatus

I just spent a good two hours removing the picture from a standard Ice Slizer throwing disk, trying very carefully not to damage the plastic:

gallery_28677_410_126143.jpg

The result isn't perfect, but still considerably better than my previous attempts. The surface of the disk turned out rough and canvas-like with several small "patches" of sorts in the texture, but nothing awfully conspicuous.

Anyone interested in obtaining it can feel free to make me an offer.

I did use solvent, but one that clearly affects the plastic as well. I tried several solvents as well and none of them seemed to affect just the print.

But that's encouraging, at least; I had actually given up trying to find a proper solvent. Do you think you could try and remember what kind it was? And do you mind sharing, of course? :P

Do you think you could try and remember what kind it was? And do you mind sharing, of course? :P

I don't have time for this at the moment, but when I will find some free time, I will try again (I have bunch of Slizer discs prepared for this :P) since I have all of solvents which I tried 1,5 year ago. And of course I can share :).

In my experience, removing print from parts is best done using a pencil eraser and making light, repeated swipes across the surface.

It's obnoxious, but the end result is worth it. These erasers work the best: https://i5.walmartimages.ca/images/Large/112/381/999999-724328112381.jpg

I've removed print from dual-molded minifig legs for my custom superheros. I can upload pictures if anyone is interested.

• Upvote 1
gallery_114868_370_4342.png